AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-04, 02:54   Link #2361
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
There is in fact no indication that Funi have licensed this or any of the other series the ANN article mentions. In fact they clearly state that it isn't yet licensed.

Sending a C&D doesn't mean it's licensed.

We (AnimeSuki) may well remove the torrents of the particular series but that's not because it has been licensed. In the past we have removed a number of series due to similar C&D requests (i.e. MFI, Kadokawa).
probably means its perhaps getting closed to be licensed
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 04:34   Link #2362
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
probably means its perhaps getting closed to be licensed
That's an awful lot of conditional statements! "It's probably perhaps getting close..." Sounds about right... no matter what happens!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:35   Link #2363
arkxkra
全力全開

Found the XP Theme of this anime, I hope you guy like it. Download via here. Use instruction visit my blog, or pm me.

Spoiler for preview:
Old 2008-12-10, 23:58   Link #2364
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

thx for the theme!
Old 2008-12-12, 08:22   Link #2365
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Hoping with all my heart that they'd follow the OVA with season II !!
This show just knows how to make good laughs^^
ken_FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 13:28   Link #2366
Dark Mage

Are any of the groups scanlating this manga?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 02:56   Link #2367
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Are any of the groups scanlating this manga?
there is actually however, the only availability of the manga that is scanlated so far is volume: 1,2 and 3(chapter 11-15), and volume 4 (Chapter 16) and volume 9: Chapter 38 and 40, and recently volume 10: chapter 42. As you can see, there are some gaps in between the volumes that were not scanlated, quite unfortunate.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 23:21   Link #2368
gordok

While browsing Rightstuf for figures, I spotted a Seto no Hanayome figure (Seto San) will be available next year (allegedly January 30th). Though "pricy" (about $90 US), it offers her in a sitting position; she's in her human form with school uniform, or can be configured (with costume change) in her mermaid form.

If popular enough, I suppose other related figures could be made available (though I've seen no promises or previews suggesting that's the case).

Though I'd be prefering more "cheesecake" [i.e., the other mermaids and Mawari--or should I say, "fishcake" ?] , I can easily imagine Masa would be one of the next releases, given his general popularity. If so, it will be interesting, if only because it's been a while since a "GAR-ish" character has been done as a figurine.
gordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 04:43   Link #2369
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_FF View Post
Hoping with all my heart that they'd follow the OVA with season II !!
This show just knows how to make good laughs^^
Ah, I hope they make S2 too.. They barely covered the manga and have tons of materials left. S1 was really good and popular so there is still some hope for S2!
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 16:00   Link #2370
gordok

Looks like Funimation got the license. Details are here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-comedy-anime

I really kind of expected ADV to be the licenser (once their licensing troubles cleared up) because they had (A) "tried" to do Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch at one time, and (B) they had a mermaid-themed sample DVD a few years back in the American Newtype magazine.

Still, Funi should do fine (as long as they work out all those darn DVD encoding problems that stall the programs mid-play).
Old 2009-02-18, 17:22   Link #2371
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Funi's had it for 3 months, I just wondered why they took so long, and with Gonzo pretty much getting out of the biz, how does that affect this and future shows.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 21:07   Link #2372
Jarmel

The OVAs better be on there too, otherwise . Still very very happy about this as this really was one of the funnier shows I've seen.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 00:46   Link #2373
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
THank god finally someone licensed it.
good times, good show
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 18:26   Link #2374
gordok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Funi's had it for 3 months, I just wondered why they took so long, . . .
Without insider information on Funi, I'd guess several reasons:

1. They had to clean up the legal issues with episode 17. [Recall there were some alledged copyright infringements at the time it aired in Japan.]

2. Funi just laid out a whole bunch of cash rescuing many of the Geneon and ADV titles. Much as we might think corporations are made of money, much of it is already committed to one project or another. Hence, with a big lump purchace of properties from other companies, Funi probably had to "rob Peter to pay Paul" somewhere--e.g., delaying "new" acquisitions in favor of the rescues.

3. They may have wanted to know when they were going to release the series before making the official announcement. [Admittedly, this hasn't always been the case with some series.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
. . . and with Gonzo pretty much getting out of the biz, how does that affect this and future shows.
Again without insider information, it may be that this is why we got the OVAs instead of a second season: Gonzo already knew it would be scaling back production.

Mind, there are other animation studios, and Gonzo was partnered with AIG. I've even seen some series change the look of the art when going from season 1 to season 2. So, I'd say if there's money to be made (and enough story), more OVAs or a second season aren't impossible.

[For that matter--why not a movie? Though from what I know of the story from the manga, I still think OVAs are more likely.]
Old 2009-02-19, 20:02   Link #2375
Nosauz

great to see this fun series liscenced, I'm hoping another studio picks this up for a second season, because it has a lot more charm than stuff like nagasate airantou, and overall its a great relaxing anime that is blast to watch.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:15   Link #2376
Ryuujin

I'm glad it's licensed. This is one of the rare series I've found worth buying...

Now if only someone would license the manga, because the official release would probably quicker than the scanlations are...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot

Last edited by Ryuujin; 2009-02-20 at 22:42.
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 05:24   Link #2377
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
I'm glad it's licensed. This is one of the rare series I've found worth buying...

Now if only someone would license the manga, because the official release would probably quicker than the scanlations are...
Yen Press, justice, culture!
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 17:03   Link #2378
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Either I'm the only one who didn't like this show upon seeing it or the people who didn't like it are just staying hush...

But anyway, I first watched this show some time back and found that it was too over the top and not funny at all, but then again, there are other anime I didn't enjoy at first as well but gave second chances to and ended up loving (Toradora being an excellent example) so I thought I'd give this another shot. Unfortunately, as with my last attempt the show made my brain hurt. It was just painful.

I guess the thing that killed the show for me was the absolutely unbelievable setup and the constant facial exaggerations. It's not that I don't enjoy humor and funny anime faces, hell, I love anime that can make me laugh as much as anyone.. but you gotta keep things balanced.
Old 2009-04-13, 23:00   Link #2379
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoq View Post
Either I'm the only one who didn't like this show upon seeing it or the people who didn't like it are just staying hush...

But anyway, I first watched this show some time back and found that it was too over the top and not funny at all, but then again, there are other anime I didn't enjoy at first as well but gave second chances to and ended up loving (Toradora being an excellent example) so I thought I'd give this another shot. Unfortunately, as with my last attempt the show made my brain hurt. It was just painful.

I guess the thing that killed the show for me was the absolutely unbelievable setup and the constant facial exaggerations. It's not that I don't enjoy humor and funny anime faces, hell, I love anime that can make me laugh as much as anyone.. but you gotta keep things balanced.
agree
for a comedy themed anime i only laughed about 3 or 4 times in total and chuckled a few, and comedy is my favourite genre
oh well, its an avg anime and i would watch a second season if one came out
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:28   Link #2380
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoq View Post

your entitled to your opinion but if you were expecting toradora in seto no hanayome then you are expecting the wrong thing. Although the first couple of episodes seem more drama oriented in the end its a comedy show where as toradora is a drama show disguised with the premise of comedy. Just look at kitamura angst scenes... quivers at the drama. Personally I though the over top ness is what made it great, instead of the reserved comedy some of the best scenes in this show are those hilarious misunderstandings, but then again its taste, but really the drama in toradora is probably as thick as s1 clannad.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, fantasy, gonzo, mermaids, romance, shounen