AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 18:35   Link #81
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler for episode 2:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:54   Link #82
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Stevency has completely neglected to mention the most important lesson learned from episode 2. And the lesson is...

Spoiler for episode 2:

I kind of missed all the screaming and yelling in episode 2.
Old 2007-04-09, 00:45   Link #83
Skane
Anime Snark

The Masa-interactions were some of the most gut-bustingly funny moments in the manga. Be prepared for more.

Hehe.
Old 2007-04-09, 04:57   Link #84
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Kinda happy that the only real "censorship" has been the blood spirting from Naga's ears as a result of San's screaming has been given the Fist of the North star "Bukake fest" treatment.

Ah well, hope ep 1 gets subbed soon and by soon I meen PDQ.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 05:46   Link #85
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Stevency has completely neglected to mention the most important lesson learned from episode 2. And the lesson is...

Spoiler for episode 2:

Well, since I hate Boy love as much as Ogiue of Genshiken. I intentionally neglected it.
Even I didn't mention it, it WILL gonna happens anyway, IMO that subplot is serve best unspoken.
Old 2007-04-09, 05:53   Link #86
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency View Post
Well, since I hate Boy love as much as Ogiue of Genshiken. I intentionally neglected it.
Even I didn't mention it, it WILL gonna happens anyway, IMO that subplot is serve best unspoken.
Except it is being played for laughs in SnH. They're not taking it "seriously". I'm no BL-fan, but I still found the pseudo-BL humour in SnH hysterically hilarious. The way they exaggerate it, you can't take it seriously.

Hehe.
Old 2007-04-09, 06:05   Link #87
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Except it is being played for laughs in SnH. They're not taking it "seriously". I'm no BL-fan, but I still found the pseudo-BL humour in SnH hysterically hilarious. The way they exaggerate it, you can't take it seriously.

Hehe.
Absolutely. It was one of my favourite bits from the first episode so glad to hear there's more in the rest of the series.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 11:23   Link #88
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

For some reason I think the pseudo-BL could be risk of being overused.

What we badly need is another girl(tsudere type the best ;P [in Gokudou genere could it be works like badly want to kill Nagasumi 1st, but fallen with him later? Motoko of Love Hina?!]) for this show, or else the BL joke can be burn out quicker than normal.
Old 2007-04-09, 11:41   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've this strange intuition that Stevency won't/hasn't like/liked Inukami very much!
Old 2007-04-09, 12:01   Link #90
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I've this strange intuition that Stevency won't/hasn't like/liked Inukami very much!
Yes, I won't like Inukami for my personal favour.
Maybe it's related to watching way too much こうきゅう/Koukyu/後宮 genere[you know, tons of female vs single male in a confined suitation].
Old 2007-04-09, 12:03   Link #91
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, ep02 has started the "girl beats on her man" formula, as monir mentions, very similar to the way it was in inukami. (half beast girl with a superpowers and violent temper) He seems pretty tough though, which means he is in for some serious beatings to come.

No matter what though it is a cute little love story, so I'll try to look past the screaming, violence, glasses guy and his shonen-goroshi powers.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:27   Link #92
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Hrm, ep02 has started the "girl beats on her man" formula, as monir mentions, very similar to the way it was in inukami. (half beast girl with a superpowers and violent temper) He seems pretty tough though, which means he is in for some serious beatings to come.

No matter what though it is a cute little love story, so I'll try to look past the screaming, violence, glasses guy and his shonen-goroshi powers.
Spoiler for a name to remember soon:

Honestly speaking, when it comes to comedy, SnH thrilled my funny-bone more than Hayate no Gotoku. SnH has a lot of physical comedy which is usually hard to pull off constantly, but the comic timing is just nothing short of brilliant.

Old 2007-04-09, 21:43   Link #93
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
OMG, episode 2 was downright fucking hilarious. I've had the best 25 minutes of WTF humour since goddamn Dokuro-chan. This series is heading towards becoming the most underrated series of Spring 2007, since the thread only got 5 pages after 2 raws (whereas Hayate no Gotoku, terribly overrated IMO, got 14 after 1 sub and 2 raws!).

Quote:
Honestly speaking, when it comes to comedy, SnH thrilled my funny-bone more than Hayate no Gotoku.
Yeah, as I stated before, HnG is terribly overrated for now. I was expecting too much WTF comedy from it and I got far less than I expected. I'm dropping it in favor SnH, definitely.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:07   Link #94
Skane
Anime Snark

I am watching Hayate no Gotoku(HnG) more for the interactions between the characters, rather than the comedy. It is a good series in its' own right, even if the anime adaptation is heavily censored (understatement of the year).

Natch.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:11   Link #95
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Yeah, as I stated before, HnG is terribly overrated for now. I was expecting too much WTF comedy from it and I got far less than I expected. I'm dropping it in favor SnH, definitely.
Two words: Wakamoto Norio. No no. Don't think. Turn your brain off. Just listen when watching HnG.

Quote:
Spoiler:
lol.. True! This shows attractive quality is the romance even though it is one sided at the moment just because the girl brings crazy parents as baggage. HnG is just silly from as much as I could see in the 2 episodes aired so far. For me, both of these show are equally enjoyable on their own merit. Perhaps, this thread will get a lot of post count once there is a sub for it? Who knows. Either way, post count never really measures the quality of any show. All that matters is if one enjoys a particular show or not.
Old 2007-04-10, 02:11   Link #96
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I am watching Hayate no Gotoku(HnG) more for the interactions between the characters, rather than the comedy. It is a good series in its' own right, even if the anime adaptation is heavily censored (understatement of the year).

Natch.
The way the animators are playing that, you'd think they were aiming for Bsi at midnight or something (People geting a card to the head, Hayate's inherentace of Excel Saga's Hayate's 1hp constitution what have you).
Old 2007-04-10, 16:50   Link #97
strawberrypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
IIRC, you guys are getting way off topic.

Anyways, found the opening CD.

May 1, 2007~ yay.
I saw that CDJapan has the Opening CD coming out April 25th and the Ending CD is May 2, 2007. I found out today that there's Character songs CD of San and Lunar coming out by the end of June.
strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 02:35   Link #98
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

That's great, but what about the understanding of the show? Dats, you know what I meen.
Old 2007-04-11, 10:26   Link #99
strawberrypop

Well, I was hoping to watch the raw of episode 2 yesterday, but can't yet.

Anyway, I'm a fan of the manga and listen to the drama cds mention here. I watched the raw of the first episode and I believe that episode was very well done. The seiyuu did a good job and it's just liked how the Drama CD cast. The CPR scene just made me laugh out loud that I had watched it a few times again. lol.

The only thing that I think I'm going to have to get used to... was the background music of San's speech surrounded by falling cherry blossoms (if the repeat the same music at very speech she makes). That music was a bit of a bother to me. Everything esle on that same scene was wonderful. I liked the OP and ED pretty good too.
strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 11:59   Link #100
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypop View Post
The only thing that I think I'm going to have to get used to... was the background music of San's speech surrounded by falling cherry blossoms (if the repeat the same music at very speech she makes). That music was a bit of a bother to me. Everything esle on that same scene was wonderful. I liked the OP and ED pretty good too.
It is the character song for San-tan.
It sounds like en-ka, Ningyo style for me.

Tags
aic, comedy, fantasy, gonzo, mermaids, romance, shounen