AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-11-09, 21:48   Link #81
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
Originally Posted by honvl View Post
can we do tv-size songs that have no full-length equivalent yet, such as yui's rolling star or nirgilis's snow kiss?
For now, songs must be full-lenght. Seeing how there are tons of songs out there, there must be something that you can do...
Old 2006-11-10, 00:49   Link #82
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
hmmm... I'm a lil free up from uni now so I might give it a go if I get it done on time =)

I'm working on "A Little Pain" by Olivia (1st Nana ED)

Bwahahha people will experience a lil pain listening to my ugly voice. XD
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 03:57   Link #83
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Skype™ to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Did you use the name as primary key or use special constraints? I have no idea why the filename should be a "unique" issue
I just don't like the idea of giving apache access to delete stuff :-)

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 06:15   Link #84
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead View Post
All great series, all great songs... which one should I do? The bridge in God knows... has a tricky high part, whereas fantasy seems to have some overlapping lyrics near the end (which are quite impossible to manage, being one person, and also technologically disadvantaged when it comes to mixing audio...)

Hmm... too bad we can only submit one song.
Hehe, I know what you mean about that bridge. I can't do it without shouting or sounding like the song is too high for me. ><

I was thinking of doing God Knows... but I also like A Little Pain and it's not as hard for me. God Knows needs... a lot of very controlled energy. #_#

I also wanted to do Shinkirou from Black Blood Brothers... I love that song!! but ... I can't speak Korean. @_@ it's extra hard for me..... T_T
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 07:30   Link #85
Ten
emo-queen

I apologize if this has been answered already; but I would like to know if we can do track from a live action adaptation of an anime, say Hana Yori Dango's Planetarium?
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 07:52   Link #86
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
I apologize if this has been answered already; but I would like to know if we can do track from a live action adaptation of an anime, say Hana Yori Dango's Planetarium?
If you want to do that one, you can. Those types are allowed in a case-by-case basis, pretty much.
Old 2006-11-10, 11:48   Link #87
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX View Post
I just don't like the idea of giving apache access to delete stuff :-)
You don't trust your A-Patch-y very much
Well actually I didn't mean the deletion issue, but the unique filename issue. If you really store the songs in a database (binary objects), and the filename is not set unique or primary, there should not be a problem using equal filenames (I am inquisitive regarding such stuff ).
Old 2006-11-10, 14:20   Link #88
Fome

Hmmm, where is Hellychan? Isn't she a regular?

Edit: Oops, there she is. Hope your voice gets back!
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 20:07   Link #89
ANBU!
[Bankai]

Send a message via AIM to ANBU! Send a message via MSN to ANBU!
This sounds fun! Not too many songs for male voices though. :P If you know of any and where to get the music file from PM me. Thanks!
ANBU! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 20:14   Link #90
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I switched songs. Am I going to stick with this one? No clue. Might go back to the other one I was thinking about. Or a whole new one in general.

Picking one song to do is always so hard!
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 00:14   Link #91
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

I'm thinking I might give this a try. I'm kinda shy about it all, and I don't really know how to run both tracks on my Karaoke programs. But I'll have to find a song I like enough.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 00:36   Link #92
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I submitted mine. I hope I get into the top 10 this time.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 08:37   Link #93
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12 View Post
I submitted mine. I hope I get into the top 10 this time.
Hehe! Maybe you will! Who knows? But that's if we actually get more than 10 participants? And you know I'm just kidding you around. Haven't you always gotten into the top 10? Unless you actually mean the top 4.

On another note, I just discovered that my dad deleted the Duets karacomp II from his computer as then I didn't have my own PC. Can someone please seed it if you still have it? I wanted to have it in my computer.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 08:44   Link #94
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
On another note, I just discovered that my dad deleted the Duets karacomp II from his computer as then I didn't have my own PC. Can someone please seed it if you still have it? I wanted to have it in my computer.
According to the tracker website, it appears someone is seeding it. Just in case, though, check your email in about 70 minutes' time.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 09:05   Link #95
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket View Post
According to the tracker website, it appears someone is seeding it. Just in case, though, check your email in about 70 minutes' time.
Thanks in advance basket! *huggles* I did notice someone was seeding it when I checked yesterday, but for some reason it is not downloading. The bt bar has been red for more than 24 hours now. I despise my connection here. In Japan I would have already gotten the file, but here, I can have 20 people seeding and 'nada'.

Anyway, I know that Li Jianling seemingly submitted, I submitted, and most recently lwl12. Has anyone else submitted anything? And has anyone already submitted non competing entries? Let's all bug kcl with very bad non competing entries! Okay, I'm kidding.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 10:29   Link #96
racer0329

Howdy all,

I have been using animesuki's bittorrent side for a while now, but am just now getting on the forums *smacks forehead for being stupid*. Anywho, I love singing and I love anime, but this would be my first contest ever! (No pressure right???) Anywho, I am still trying to catch up on all the big animes I haven't seen. As such, I don't know much music wise on what to try to preform.

1) I am a baritone with full voice closer to a bottom tenor sound
2) I'm more comfortable with rock, ballad, pop vs. R&B and rap, but can pull it off depending on if I like the song enough
3) CAN ANYONE THROW SOME POSSIBILITIES OUT AT ME???

I am kinda lost right now as to the thousands upon thousands of choices. Please! Some throw me some ideas!!

Thanks & Gig'em.
racer0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 12:01   Link #97
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Anyway, I know that Li Jianling seemingly submitted, I submitted, and most recently lwl12. Has anyone else submitted anything? And has anyone already submitted non competing entries? Let's all bug kcl with very bad non competing entries! Okay, I'm kidding.
Haven't submitted yet, but I will be by Thursday. I was originally going to record during my week-long Thanksgiving break, but we're going to have company the entire time, and I can't sing in front of people >.< So now I have to be done by Thursday ^^;;

I think I'm going to send in a rather squeeky version of Sakura Kiss for a non-competing entry xD
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 14:25   Link #98
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Are we allowed to just sing it without the music?
Old 2006-11-11, 18:01   Link #99
Cz
Needs more sleep~

kcl822: What's the deadline for submitting non-competing entries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer0329 View Post
I am kinda lost right now as to the thousands upon thousands of choices. Please! Some throw me some ideas!!

Thanks & Gig'em.
You could try True Light - DN Angel. (Though I suck in music theory and this suggestion may be way off.)

Last edited by Cz; 2006-11-11 at 21:57. Reason: Highlight kcl :p
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 20:20   Link #100
ProfessorTallguy
Aspiring Sumo Wrestler

What wins?

Ohayou,

I want to know what has won in past years?
I figure it's probably some mix of these things, but I want to know which are more important:

1. Singing ability
2. Difficulty of singing the song in Japanese
3. Popularity of the series it's from
4. Being a girl
5. Similarity to the original

Does anyone know if any m-Flo songs have ever been in an Anime?

If not, could someone give me some advice? Did someone sing these in past years? And where should I go to get the karaoke?
GTO season 2: Hitori no Yoru
or
Bleach season 1 opening: - Asterisk

Oh, is it ok if I record it at an actual Karaoke box?

Last edited by ProfessorTallguy; 2006-11-11 at 20:28. Reason: I thought of another question...
ProfessorTallguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition