AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 43.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 33.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.97%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 12:50   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-09, 12:07   Link #2
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

It's getting to the point of being boringly repetitive proclaiming how well Kyoani is handling Kanon.

They actually upped the comedy and cute level from episode 5 overall, but this was balanced out with some not so subtle foreshadowing in regards to Ayu, in fact so much that it looks like Kyoani really is prepared to resolve the big chunck of Ayu's story necessary to setup the background for Mai and Nayuki's story. Of course there was also the Makoto story from the preview, but I would definitely say this episode was mostly an Ayu episode.

Bastard-Yuuichi is on max this episode with that little caring bits just seeping through at just the right moment, which makes this Yuuichi a really smooth "playa", especially his scene with Shiori, and it was hilarious when Akiko played along with Yuuichi in the breakfast scene as well.

Next ep looks to be Makoto story in full force.
Old 2006-11-09, 15:22   Link #3
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Episode screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-09, 15:42   Link #4
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Episode screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler:
thats fast
is it already aired in Japan ?
i thought it was in friday

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Old 2006-11-09, 17:56   Link #5
Wrath88
Kissing...

Judging from the final screenshots, it looks like Makoto did the trick with the bath, where she
Spoiler:

If I recall correctly, in order to get Makoto in the game, you had to take her tricks, like not throwing out the fireworks, or letting her drop that konyaku on you. It's such a shame that her arc will end so fast; it's so funny to watch.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:20   Link #6
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
thats fast
is it already aired in Japan ?
i thought it was in friday
It WAS "in friday[sic]". In Japan.

By my reckoning here in Fresno, CA, it was on at 0800 this morning (Thursday). Then Tokyo is seventeen hours ahead of Fresno right now, making it 0100 Friday morning there.

Anyway, I haven't seen the raws yet as I'm at work. Will see it later this evening for obvious reasons.

--Ian.
Old 2006-11-09, 20:38   Link #7
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Great episode as usual ^-^" The movie seemed like it would actually be pretty scary.

I liked how Yuuichi gets some new clothes.

Yay Piro in the next episode!
Old 2006-11-09, 22:11   Link #8
Thelastguardian

Great episode.

Actually, for the first time ever, I can understand why Ayu's seiyuu Yui Horie is often called the best seiyuu in the industry.
Her performance in this episode alone makes the episode worth watching.

I have never seen a seiyuu pulled off so many voice variation in one single episode before. She really bring Ayu to life.

Also worth mentioning is Shiori. Words alone do no justice to her. Watch it yourself

Spoiler:

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-11-09 at 22:37.
Old 2006-11-09, 23:37   Link #9
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

おっと、体が爆発した。 (Whoa, his body blew up)

It was an absolute joy to watch Yuuichi and Ayu in this episode, Maeda-san's trademark "girl bullying" power really came off full strength here. ^^; Little Ayu and Yuuchi in the beginning were adorable as well.

The number of variations in "uguu" certainly is quite amazing. Hats off to Horie-san.

The pacing is pretty calm, as usual. As an anime adaptation of the game, there's really nothing to complaint about here. Sakuga is top-notch as usual (even the needles on all the clocks are properly moving).

Oh yeah, out of all things, they ended the episode with
Spoiler:

Spoiler for my personal shot of the week:
Old 2006-11-10, 00:10   Link #10
Skane
Anime Snark

I blame the AnimeBlogs.

Can't wait for the subs. I had a riot laughing at the RAW. Such was the excellence of the voice-acting, even if I only understood maybe 20% of the dialogue.

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-10, 00:20   Link #11
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Once again perfect.

Ayu's reaction during the movie was beyond the best part of the show. And Yuuichi asks a great question. Why does she wear the same clothes every day?
Spoiler:

I'm not liking Makoto's story as much, perhaps it's because of Mai's involvment in it but next episode we get Makoto's cat and that'll be neat, her story is certainly developing fast.

Thank you Kyoto Animation for a perfect story and a nearly perfect anime. Nothing could have been better then this.

IRJustman, Fresno? Did you say Fresno? I lived at 6308 N. Lead Fresno CA for 21 years (Don't go there now though I've got no clue who lives there) graduated Highschool at Bullard, graduated from college at Fresno City College. Cool.

Interesting to note Akiko's knowledge of exactly what's happening yet she takes a passive position allowing Yuuichi time to learn things on his own.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-10, 00:35   Link #12
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Even as a kid, Kyuichi's still got that sense of humor... "you confessing?" hahahaha... the two as children are all that it takes to melt people down.

Makoto is really letting off the hook far too easily. But heh...
it is incredably funny how that the camera purposely avoids Ayu when Kyuichi wakes up. (Seriously, just what does Akiko-san do, I mean it!). Akiko-san's giving out too much hint already!

Amazing how that Kyuichi seems to be able to seemlessly balance courting so many people at once. One moment Makoto and the other Shiori. He's one sly figure. Even covers Shiori using his jacket... he and his good Tsukkomi... what this guy needs though is a watch.

The handling of the movie watching scene ... I recall from Kanon 2k2. It is really amusing how Ayu can swing so very fast. Now I wonder if Mikuru will do uguu~ somehow.

Kyuichi's dinner delivery service. For all of that he gets a cryptic piece of hint from good Mai. Things are really moving fast for Makoto. The Miso soup... sigh. (draining that to the drain is going to suck).

Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-10, 00:46   Link #13
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Once again perfect.

Ayu's reaction during the movie was beyond the best part of the show. And Yuuichi asks a great question. Why does she wear the same clothes every day?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm not liking Makoto's story as much, perhaps it's because of Mai's involvment in it but next episode we get Makoto's cat and that'll be neat, her story is certainly developing fast.
Mai's involvment in it is really quite a stroke of ingeniousity by Kyoani. Mai doesn't play a big role, but she nudges the Makoto plot forward a little bit at a time when she tells Yuuichi something while also building up her own background at the same, so when the plot really moves into gear for both Makoto and Mai, there should already be plenty of setup for people to get a feel of what their story is about instead of just dropping it all in at once.
Old 2006-11-10, 01:48   Link #14
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

After last episode this is a veritable Uguu~ fest!
Old 2006-11-10, 02:15   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Spoiler for my personal shot of the week:
wow! nayuki looks urm...drugged up another winner? cant w8 to watch this =)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-10, 04:20   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I can't add much to what others have said. It all worked wonderfully well for me. And I, too, am beginning to realize why Hocchan is considered such a top seiyuu. She's also great in Otoboku, with a very different character.

We give credit to KyoAni in general, but maybe we should also specifically credit the director, Ishihara Tatsuya, who directed Air and Suzumiya Haruhi, too.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2006-11-10, 11:54   Link #17
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
very good episode, but i would complain slightly for some "recycled" jokes, although they still are effective (Makoto Firework Prank, "hide & seek" with ayu, and the movie).

while i'm a kanon "newbie", i'm really fascinated how KyoAni (again more praising? XD) is building both makoto and Mai stories (i would admit : i'm not really loving makoto for the moment, whatever she is cute or create fantastic comedic scenes with yuuichi. maybe if the story goes on, but for now ~~ )

Poor Yuuichi... i guess he will be dead with such peculiar girls around him by the time the show goes on (ZOMG and some *claps* for TomoKazu Sugita, and his lecture/shout moments in this episode)
Old 2006-11-10, 12:44   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow...nicely done...
Spoiler:

even tho the ep was all fun and games it does adress more serious matters...especially for makoto...im bracing myself for impact >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-10, 13:13   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I guess I should say that I do find some of Yuuichi's bullying of the girls a bit distasteful. Hitting Makoto with the rolled-up newspaper, for example, or manhandling Ayu to make her watch the movie. I know many people like that stuff, and it's supposedly meant in fun, but I see too much of guys bullying girls in anime, and it seems harsh and old-fashioned to me. No big deal, but I thought I should say it. Yuuichi does make up for it with his moments of care.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-10 at 13:29.
Old 2006-11-10, 13:15   Link #20
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Ayu just gets better and better. The movie scene (pre to post) was just hilarious, listening to all the variations of Uguu~~~. She has such personality I love it. Yuuichi has a keen sense of humor as well and I like how down-to-earth he gets. Lets me relate to him in many ways too.

I don't know. The anime is probably trying to stay true to the game, which is no problem on that account. I think in terms of progression, watching Makoto trying to prank Yuuichi still is getting cliche and overdone. Well, according to Wrath88, her arc is ending soon. And I don't know. It's a blessing for people like me, and a burden for others. = /

I just want to see more Mai. The sword, the slaying, the knocking the school desks down. It's a very unusual thing that I hope gets explored soon.

Speaking of which, all the firecrackers and giving Makoto an allowance. What does Akiko do for money? Akiko is so genki to the extreme lol. O_o