AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-17, 10:53   Link #1501
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

RightStuf is selling the "Wal-Mart Edition" of Moribito for just $25. This version has all eight disks on a common spindle from what I've read, so you might want to repackage them after the set arrives. The "premium" box set sells for $91!

Erin Finnegan at ANN suggests this week that Media Blasters might be on its last legs. Even more reason to buy a copy of Moribito as soon as possible. (MB also licenses two other favorites of mine, Twelve Kingdoms and Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, aka "Tweeny Witches.")
Old 2010-08-17, 19:12   Link #1502
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tri-Ring, thanks so much for that summary. Next, I hear you're going to to be translating the entire novel to English?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 12:52   Link #1503
ditn

Still no hope of a new translated book/anime?
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 17:34   Link #1504
Shinigami00

Hi guys. I just finished watching Moribito. I almost gave up the series well into the 12th episode! :S But then I decided to give it one more chance, and it was definitely worth it. There´s just one thing I regret: you never get to see the the Water Spirit, which wouldve being cool, although unnecessary, and probably not altogether fitting with the feel of the series. But man it was an epic journey.
I do enjoy the fact that it doesn´t rely on stupid fan-service or cliches to make the sereis interesting. It is a slow-paced story, with a growing momentum till it reaches its climax. Excellent character work, pleasant animation, and very touching themes that really get to your emotions. Man, that last farewell was so heart-wrenching. I hope they do meet again. It would be cool to read the following novels, but I dont know Japanese. Are there any translations available, even if they are Fan-made ones?
And I agree, a sequel must be done. Maybe a couple of OVAS for some of the unresolved mysteries of Balsa's past. And may be one movie for each novel in the sequel. That would be cool! HAHAHA! There´s so much potential for this series. I'm officially now a fan!
Shinigami00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 18:21   Link #1505
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami00 View Post
It would be cool to read the following novels, but I dont know Japanese. Are there any translations available, even if they are Fan-made ones?
http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Spiri...3124024&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Darkn...3124024&sr=8-8
Old 2010-08-29, 21:17   Link #1506
Shinigami00

cheers!!!!
Shinigami00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 21:42   Link #1507
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Those are only the first two novels, of course - not too much material there that wasn't covered in the anime. A couple of folks put together a basic chain of events from the last 8 novels from Japanese reviews - you can PM me if you'd like to see it.

In terms of a sequel, OVA, whatever - I would be thrilled, but I don't expect to see it. This was a very expensive series for I.G. (the production values bear that out) and it didn't sell all that well on DVD. That said, the novels remain very popular in Japan so I suppose anything is possible. I love this series above all others, so I'll never totally give up hope!
Old 2010-08-30, 05:33   Link #1508
ditn

Yeah i have read the first two books,waiting for a third or anime now
Old 2010-09-17, 20:25   Link #1509
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm reading the second novel now. It doesn't overlap with the anime story at all as it tells of Balsa's return to Kanbal after the events in New Yogo.

RightStuf has marked the "Wal-Mart edition" down to $21 since I last posted. Rumors continue to float around about Media Blasters, so much so that John Sirabella himself felt compelled to put out the fires. Still, their recent releasing history isn't encouraging.
Old 2010-09-25, 11:23   Link #1510
bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanihana View Post
Here is a scan from the April issue of Animage.

Lovely picture of Barusa. I even made a banner of it.
I can't see it! i clicked on the link but nothing is popping up!
bopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 11:47   Link #1511
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Had a look at the UK first part release that went on sale last week, and the back cover is pretty pixelated. Doesn't look nice at all. Apart from that the price is decent, so i'll pick up a copy very soon.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:32   Link #1512
ditn

Any news regarding a thrid book or anime?(i guess not )
Old 2010-11-12, 19:47   Link #1513
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Unfortunately Scholastic announced that they were stopping the translations after 2 volumes. At this point any continuation of those or a second season seem like a very long shot indeed.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:12   Link #1514
ditn

/whine post

Is anyone else pissed over the fact that Seirei no Moribito does not get a second season (or some more translated books),
while in 2010 we get tons of shitty anime.
More and more im looking over the seasons from anime while picking maybe 1 or 2 anime a season.(mago,bakuman,black lagoon,major,Ookiku Furikabutte,break blade this year)
Whats with all the fanservice only,endless copied animes these days.
I enjoy watching an anime from 1985(touch) more than watching most stuff from now

/whine

that felt good

Last edited by ditn; 2010-11-22 at 12:28.
Old 2010-11-22, 15:46   Link #1515
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm certainly disappointed that there was no continuation of Moribito, with 10 volumes of source material to draw on. But I'm a realist - it was a very expensive series, pulled so-so ratings and didn't do that well on DVD. In short, it's just not what sells these days.

Production I.G. is a microcosm for the larger change in the industry. In 2007 they came out with, among other things, Moribito and Ghost Hound - one a flawless adaptation (I would say improvement) of challenging material and the other a highly original series. In 2010 pretty much all they've done on the TV side is an adaptation of a hugely popular shoujo manga. The industry has changed, and I doubt it will ever return to the glory days. I can still pick and choose several series to enjoy every season, and great ones like House of Five Leaves and Cross Game still pop up. But I've learned to accept that fewer series are going to be made, and they're going to be "safer" and more derivative. That's just the paradigm now and I try not to spend too much time worrying about what I can't change.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:08   Link #1516
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, at least it's getting a Blu Ray release in 2011? That's better than nothing, although I would love for Scholastic to continue translating the books.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 17:53   Link #1517
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Is anyone else pissed over the fact that Seirei no Moribito does not get a second season
Personally i'm used to great shows that have more content in their source material not getting second seasons. It's just the way the world works.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:37   Link #1518
ditn

I guess your right
It has more to do with the fact however that many quality anime don't get a second season while bad ones get one due to the fanservice,.... aspect.
Guess i will just have to keep my expectations lower due to the crisis and enjoy the one or two good ones that come out.
Old 2010-11-24, 11:49   Link #1519
KazePT
Witch Hunter

Send a message via Skype™ to KazePT
I'm so happy to see so many people talking about Seirei No Moribito here!
It's one of my top 3 of favourite animes, because its very.. "whole"!
Great character development
Awesome Plot
Breathtaking animation and OST.

What more could you ask for?
I want to read the novels too, and I really hope that someday they make an OVA, because it deserves one.
Old 2010-11-25, 06:43   Link #1520
ditn

Only the first and second book are translated
Maybe with the blueray release another one but for now dont get to high hopes.

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.