AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-26, 08:39   Link #101
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
It's just Kishimoto trying to make more symmetry between the powers of Naruto and Sasuke before they finally fight.

Now they both have a huge chakra-monster form, where both can shoot deadly objects (bijuu dama vs amaterasu shuriken), and their real body is safe inside the large chakra-creature so they can spam each other with terraforming-level jutsu without making any damage to the real bodies, that is necessary for long fights. I guess a chakra body can simply regenerate it's parts when it's cut or burned down, so they can continue to fight. Sasuke's susano will most likely also grow legs so it can run and jump around.

In human form the amaterasu of the EMS eye can instantly reach Naruto, but then Naruto in human form is faster than the raikage.

The only question for me is how will Naruto defend against the genjutsu powers. Sure he has now both chakra sensing and evil sensing abilities and also the 9-tails will help him, but if Itachi's eyes power up Sasuke genjutsu then Naruto will probably need some new magic agains that
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:52   Link #102
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's just Kishimoto trying to make more symmetry between the powers of Naruto and Sasuke before they finally fight.

Now they both have a huge chakra-monster form, where both can shoot deadly objects (bijuu dama vs amaterasu shuriken), and their real body is safe inside the large chakra-creature so they can spam each other with terraforming-level jutsu without making any damage to the real bodies, that is necessary for long fights. I guess a chakra body can simply regenerate it's parts when it's cut or burned down, so they can continue to fight. Sasuke's susano will most likely also grow legs so it can run and jump around.

In human form the amaterasu of the EMS eye can instantly reach Naruto, but then Naruto in human form is faster than the raikage.

The only question for me is how will Naruto defend against the genjutsu powers. Sure he has now both chakra sensing and evil sensing abilities and also the 9-tails will help him, but if Itachi's eyes power up Sasuke genjutsu then Naruto will probably need some new magic agains that
The 9 tails is now working with Naruto so he will be able to break Naruto out of genjutsu like 8 tails does for Bee.

Sasuke's susanoo can probably grow 2 sides since EMS Madara's susanoo did but its seems only rinnegan susanoo can have legs as far as we know.

Naruto's new mode with the 9 tails around him seems just like susanoo which makes sense since sharingan power seems to come from the 10 tails.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:08   Link #103
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
The 9 tails is now working with Naruto so he will be able to break Naruto out of genjutsu like 8 tails does for Bee.
That's true for the Sasuke we knew before, but now he is probably upgraded somehow. So if he gets for example tsukiyomi then Naruto has no defense against that. So i was wondering what upgrade could Naruto get to be safe against such ultimate level of genjutsu. If the author wants Sasuke to become some kind of ultimate Uchiha who probably can awaken even the rinnegan (which the original Uchiha guy had) then it seems obvious that he would also be the best with genjutsu (or at least the 2nd best after Itachi) since genjutsu is an Uchiha speciality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Sasuke's susanoo can probably grow 2 sides since EMS Madara's susanoo did but its seems only rinnegan susanoo can have legs as far as we know.
I don't think there are such rules, but if you were right it's still the same: then Sasuke must get the rinnegan, because an immobile Susano is a good target for a kyuubi-transformed-naruto. Also we didn't see all the powers Sasuke's susano has, just some basic abilities obviously, the author would not reveal the strongest moves against some shitty zetsu clones.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:56   Link #104
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
My theory on EMS powering up Amaterasu may be wrong which seems odd since EMS is meant to be stronger then MS.
My understanding is not so much EMS being more powerful, it's that EMS will not degrade the user's eyes and/or vision after extensive amounts of use. It's basically like infinite ammo as long as they have some kind of chakra source left to use.

I'm sure Sasuke has upgraded his power, but it can also be defined as him having itachi's eyes now, not necessarily just because it's EMS. Plus, sasuke is like naruto in that he is constantly improving his techniques no matter what.

The key of EMS is the Eternal part, not anything about extra power. The user doesn't have to worry about how much they are using their powers anymore and their vision stays sharp regardless of usage amount.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:21   Link #105
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
When Itachi told Sasuke about the EMS during the early stages of their fight, he mentioned that Madara awakened a new technique different from the 3 generic techs. So it's safe to assume Sasuke has new techs to go with his new eyes unless I'm reading the chapter wrong >_<
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 05:40   Link #106
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
My understanding is not so much EMS being more powerful, it's that EMS will not degrade the user's eyes and/or vision after extensive amounts of use. It's basically like infinite ammo as long as they have some kind of chakra source left to use.

I'm sure Sasuke has upgraded his power, but it can also be defined as him having itachi's eyes now, not necessarily just because it's EMS. Plus, sasuke is like naruto in that he is constantly improving his techniques no matter what.
I think EMS may be made by fusing 2 pairs of MS eyes together.

And since Itachi uses Amaterasu with his right eye while Sasuke uses his left eye, this would mean EMS Sasuke may be able to use Amaterasu with both eyes which should also increase Amaterasu's power.

This is 1 reason I thought EMS Amaterasu would be stronger.

And in theory it makes sense that a stronger eye (EMS) could give a stronger Amaterasu like how a person with a stronger arm gives a stronger punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
The key of EMS is the Eternal part, not anything about extra power. The user doesn't have to worry about how much they are using their powers anymore and their vision stays sharp regardless of usage amount.
Itachi said EMS grants another technique so EMS doesn't just give eternal eyesight but maybe another jutsu as well.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:55   Link #107
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I think EMS may be made by fusing 2 pairs of MS eyes together.

And since Itachi uses Amaterasu with his right eye while Sasuke uses his left eye, this would mean EMS Sasuke may be able to use Amaterasu with both eyes which should also increase Amaterasu's power.

This is 1 reason I thought EMS Amaterasu would be stronger.

And in theory it makes sense that a stronger eye (EMS) could give a stronger Amaterasu like how a person with a stronger arm gives a stronger punch.
but amaterasu already burns everything, it can't really get any stronger than that. what it can do is get used more frequently by eyes that do not degrade.



Quote:
Itachi said EMS grants another technique so EMS doesn't just give eternal eyesight but maybe another jutsu as well.
i have no doubt sasuke has new techniques. all I'm saying is that EMS primarily means their eyes do not go blind from using MS thats why its called Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 12:50   Link #108
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but amaterasu already burns everything, it can't really get any stronger than that. what it can do is get used more frequently by eyes that do not degrade.



i have no doubt sasuke has new techniques. all I'm saying is that EMS primarily means their eyes do not go blind from using MS thats why its called Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
If 2 MS eyes could use amaterasu together it would create more black flame which will burn things faster since there's more flame to burn things.

For example if EMS Sasuke could use amaterasu in both eyes and he used it on Danzo, it would be like MS Sasuke and MS Itachi using amaterasu on Danzo together, this way Danzo would burn faster in theory.

If this is true then my theory of EMS powering up amaterasu would be true.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:51   Link #109
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
^Good point. Amaterasu's description does say it burns everything "in sight". We as humans do see more with 2 eyes than covering up one eye. Maybe Amaterasu gets a speed + Range upgrade in EMS mode.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 16:33   Link #110
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
If 2 MS eyes could use amaterasu together it would create more black flame which will burn things faster since there's more flame to burn things.

For example if EMS Sasuke could use amaterasu in both eyes and he used it on Danzo, it would be like MS Sasuke and MS Itachi using amaterasu on Danzo together, this way Danzo would burn faster in theory.

If this is true then my theory of EMS powering up amaterasu would be true.
its still not a question of it getting stronger, just being used more. having 2 eyes that do it would only add a little more range to the tech. it wouldn't make the flames more powerful since they are already at the apex of power in that they can burn anything.

as far as speed goes, I agree that it is determined by the user or just kishi. they have burned at all different rates and it seems variable on nothing we can point to as a specific reason.

so the only real boost I guess would be the range you are speaking of, but itachi made a whole forest burn in amaterasu when he fought sasuke so the extra range is really negligible.

I'm going to stick with my original thought that EMS just makes it able to be spammed everywhere without consequence to the user's eyes.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:57   Link #111
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
Amaterasu was said to burn for 7 straight days but did they ever say if the Amaterasu will continue to burn the chakra of the user once it has been casted?
I'm starting to think that Amaterasu burns the chakra or some type of lifeforce of living things rather than skin or clothing. The floors and walls seem to resist the burning of Amaterasu and those are usually the first to go during a regular fire... *Goes check on stove*
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:43   Link #112
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
its still not a question of it getting stronger, just being used more. having 2 eyes that do it would only add a little more range to the tech. it wouldn't make the flames more powerful since they are already at the apex of power in that they can burn anything.

as far as speed goes, I agree that it is determined by the user or just kishi. they have burned at all different rates and it seems variable on nothing we can point to as a specific reason.

so the only real boost I guess would be the range you are speaking of, but itachi made a whole forest burn in amaterasu when he fought sasuke so the extra range is really negligible.

I'm going to stick with my original thought that EMS just makes it able to be spammed everywhere without consequence to the user's eyes.
I see what you mean but more flame can burn more things in a larger radius and faster so Sasuke using amaterasu from both eyes could be considered stronger then amaterasu from only 1 eye.

Maybe EMS doesn't have to be a eye fusion for Sasuke to use amaterasu from both eyes since EMS seems to combines Itachi and Sasuke's power since Sasuke said he could feel Itachi's power and he still has his own power (blaze release).
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:24   Link #113
adamaflaps
I feel enlightened
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
sorry to jump off the subject but ever thought that the reason itachi kept his sharingan on is just to compensate for the after effects? normal eyes seemed blurry and bout to go blind but sharingan eyes kept 20/20 vision? lol yes? no?
adamaflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 14:04   Link #114
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaflaps View Post
sorry to jump off the subject but ever thought that the reason itachi kept his sharingan on is just to compensate for the after effects? normal eyes seemed blurry and bout to go blind but sharingan eyes kept 20/20 vision? lol yes? no?
I agree, also I think Itachi kept his sharingan active on 24/7 since he had mastered it to the point were it didn't cost him much chakra to use and its like training for him to keep it active.

Also having sharingan on would help Itachi not get ambushed by rogue ninja hunters by using the eyes prediction ability as a lot of ninja could be after Itachi for leaving Konoha.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 16:13   Link #115
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaflaps View Post
sorry to jump off the subject but ever thought that the reason itachi kept his sharingan on is just to compensate for the after effects? normal eyes seemed blurry and bout to go blind but sharingan eyes kept 20/20 vision? lol yes? no?
where does it say itachi keeps his sharingan active 24/7? we've seen him hanging around with kisame without it on. i think you guys are confusing his rapid activation with it being on all the time. for the most part, itachi was in situations where he was about to fight, so we usually never see him activate since he predicted he would need it before hand. but in the calm leisurely scenes, usually with kisame, he isn't using it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:16   Link #116
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
They probably showed Itachi with his Magical Eyes active all the time to advertise his powers and the importance of his clan early in the series. I can see how Itachi gets the impression of having it active 24/7. He made a big deal about it when he had to deactivate it after using both Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu while retreating. If this scene early in the series didn't convince you he liked to have his eyes active at all times then nothing else will. I also believe it was a key element in what distinguishes Itachi and Sasuke's gap in power early on.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:31   Link #117
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
They probably showed Itachi with his Magical Eyes active all the time to advertise his powers and the importance of his clan early in the series. I can see how Itachi gets the impression of having it active 24/7. He made a big deal about it when he had to deactivate it after using both Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu while retreating. If this scene early in the series didn't convince you he liked to have his eyes active at all times then nothing else will. I also believe it was a key element in what distinguishes Itachi and Sasuke's gap in power early on.
why does anyone need to be convinced itachi would like to have his eyes active all the time? first off, there's no way of knowing unless he says it. secondly, they drain chakra so why use them when you don't have to? he deactivated after that run in with jiraiya because he used them too much. he probably would have liked to keep them activated since kisame and him were still in retreat and there was a chance they were not in the clear yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:38   Link #118
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
why does anyone need to be convinced itachi would like to have his eyes active all the time? first off, there's no way of knowing unless he says it. secondly, they drain chakra so why use them when you don't have to? he deactivated after that run in with jiraiya because he used them too much. he probably would have liked to keep them activated since kisame and him were still in retreat and there was a chance they were not in the clear yet

Isn't the same way why some people rather drive a sport car than a gas-saver? Its fun to brandish your gifts.
Anyways, Its not as important to Itachi the character than to the Manga series as a whole. The author probably wanted to show off how the presumed final villain looked. And Itachi was very crowd pleasing back in the day. And his eyes are sort of like a trademark like Naruto's stupid dattabayo.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:10   Link #119
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Isn't the same way why some people rather drive a sport car than a gas-saver? Its fun to brandish your gifts.
itachi isn't the type of character to show-off his ability without a well established reason for it. in the series, whenever he doesn't need sharingan or isn't about to possibly use it, he is not using it.

Quote:
Anyways, Its not as important to Itachi the character than to the Manga series as a whole. The author probably wanted to show off how the presumed final villain looked. And Itachi was very crowd pleasing back in the day. And his eyes are sort of like a trademark like Naruto's stupid dattabayo.
its true that the sharingan is a big trademark of naruto, but it still isn't used by itachi (or any of the people who have it) when they don't need it. no uchiha or kakashi just walks around with it activated. the activation of sharingan is also a very cool looking event, especially in the anime series when they add the sound effects, so the series has even more to gain from the sharingan using characters not using them all the time.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 23:09   Link #120
adamaflaps
I feel enlightened
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
where does it say itachi keeps his sharingan active 24/7? we've seen him hanging around with kisame without it on. i think you guys are confusing his rapid activation with it being on all the time. for the most part, itachi was in situations where he was about to fight, so we usually never see him activate since he predicted he would need it before hand. but in the calm leisurely scenes, usually with kisame, he isn't using it
true enough but what do you mean by rapid activation???? do different eyes ativate at a different time activation? i mean does itachi activates hies shraingan a few seconds faster than sasuke?? and another question to be thought of how bout kakashi's sharingan? is it on all the time? thats why he has to cover his shraingan eye? yes? no?
adamaflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
naruto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.