AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-08, 15:59   Link #101
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
I'm starting to watch the series now but my friend says that it's a 26 episode series when there's 38 episodes listed on ANN. She said the reason was the anime was scheduled to be 38 episodes but it got chopped down to 26 due to budget reasons. Is that true?
No, that's not quite correct.

The first 13 episodes were the usual 25 minutes eps but then the next 24 episodes were in fact 12 minutes episodes (with the final ep being 25 minutes). Therefore, depending how you count it, it was either 26 episodes (each being about 25 minutes) or 38 episodes (14 of which being 25 minutes and 24 of which were 12 minutes).

Take a look at the AniBD entry for Princess Tutu as they show the episode titles and air dates, it might then make a bit more sense.

This wasn't due to budget reasons but to to the TV schedule/slot available.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 19:22   Link #102
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
No, that's not quite correct.

The first 13 episodes were the usual 25 minutes eps but then the next 24 episodes were in fact 12 minutes episodes (with the final ep being 25 minutes). Therefore, depending how you count it, it was either 26 episodes (each being about 25 minutes) or 38 episodes (14 of which being 25 minutes and 24 of which were 12 minutes).

Take a look at the AniBD entry for Princess Tutu as they show the episode titles and air dates, it might then make a bit more sense.

This wasn't due to budget reasons but to to the TV schedule/slot available.
That's good to hear. There's quite a few promising animes that got the ax because of poor funding or bad handling due to that reason. Surprisingly I find people on this forum praise the ending a lot but I hear others think it's really bad. Having watched it for myself I think it was okay but
Spoiler:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 00:12   Link #103
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Age: 32
I've sent an error report to ANN requesting they consolidate their information back down to the original 26 episodes.
__________________
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 17:12   Link #104
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
According to news from the PT Live Journal community, A thin pack will be made available on Nov 7th of this year. http://videovault.diamondcomics.com/...&ssd=9/19/2007

Unfortunately it seems the individual DVDs themselves, especially the first DVD, are becoming harder and harder to find (if not down right out of print), and the thinpack probably won't have the nifty extras. But still, for those waiting to buy the complete set, here it comes.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 17:45   Link #105
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ooooh, thanks for the news. This is another series that really surprised me - c'mon, a show about a superhero-duck in ballet slippers and a tutu? I ended up really liking Princess Tutu but I didn't care for the ending... I'll certainly consider getting the thin pack.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 01:14   Link #106
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Scratch what I said about not including the extras on the box set. According to Anime on DVD all of the extras from the individual DVDs will be included with the thin pack. XD That's great news because the extras (e.g. the original promo, etudes, etc) are really good and are definitely worth the money.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 13:57   Link #107
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Scratch what I said about not including the extras on the box set. According to Anime on DVD all of the extras from the individual DVDs will be included with the thin pack. XD That's great news because the extras (e.g. the original promo, etudes, etc) are really good and are definitely worth the money.
NO WAI!

They've NEVER done that with thin packs before.....
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 19:26   Link #108
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
NO WAI!

They've NEVER done that with thin packs before.....
I think it's probably because the ADV staff did put in a lot of efforts into the extras (with research and everything), so they want to make it worthwhile, both for themselves and the fans. No matter what the reason though, including the extras is still very good news.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 10:29   Link #109
InFlux
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Dropping into the thread a bit late...

I LOVE PRINCESS TUTU. I adore it it's themes, it's characters and it's seemingly cutesy surface but extremely confusing backstories that takes just about forever to understand

AhiruxFakir =
Mytho wearing no pants =

I hate it that I can't relate to buying DVDs and such. Things like them are hardly available round here. I have to rely on the internet or animax, where the dubbing of just about everyone except the main characters is atrocious.

Spoiler for Last episode opinion:
InFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 13:13   Link #110
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlux View Post
Spoiler for Last episode opinion:
I completely agree!! It's because of that that I can't decide whether I want to get the thinpack or not...
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 13:37   Link #111
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I disagree I think there was leaps of development between them

Spoiler:


I already have the single released DVDs but I am thinking of buying the thinpak as a backup.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2007-08-26 at 14:32.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:10   Link #112
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlux View Post
Spoiler for Last episode opinion:
Drosselmeyer is a bit of a confusing figure but because PT is a meta fairy tale, not everything is meant to make immediate sense.

Spoiler:


For the thinpack, I wonder if they'll include some new art in the package. I know there's a new image for the box cover but I wonder if they'll put some new pictures (like the original Japanese DVD covers; that'd be nice) in as inserts. :\
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 03:36   Link #113
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 27
I finally started watching this series (damn me and ignoring DVDs for new fansubs). I am really enjoying it. Finished episode 9 recently.

Right now, what bugs me is that I don't quite understand what Edel meant by "author's convenience" when telling Duck the names of the jewels. I assume that it was a joke on how odd the other jewels' names were? Like instead of getting names of real jewels or pieces of jewelry, names of virtues were used instead for "convenience," like when Edel showed Duck the jewelry for Courage later on to make a point. Am I right?
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 05:15   Link #114
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Something like that. I'll just say that episode 9 is still too early to expect to understand Edel.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 00:21   Link #115
Reignfire
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Princess Tutu Names?

I was just watching this and one of the official names is called "Mythos" but if you listen to what they're saying you can plainly hear them saying "Mute-o" as in Mute with a cute O sound on the end. Then shouldn't the official name be "Mute" instead? I may be wrong about the name but if I'm not then isn't that unprofessional of them? If they can't get it right then they're not even on the same level as fansubbers who strive for semi-perfect translations. Sometimes I feel that retail versions of anime series are a step down in quality when it comes to translations. Just a thought.
Reignfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 04:17   Link #116
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Yeah, that is definitely what it sounds like, but it isn't his name. According to the studio that made the show, his name is Mythos. The Japanese just have trouble with some of those sounds so it comes out like Mute-o.

Contrary to what you seem to think, this was not ADV's decision. The English version of his name was revealed in an insert in the R2 DVD (DVD 2 I think) before the show was even licensed.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 09:04   Link #117
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignfire View Post
I was just watching this and one of the official names is called "Mythos" but if you listen to what they're saying you can plainly hear them saying "Mute-o" as in Mute with a cute O sound on the end. Then shouldn't the official name be "Mute" instead? I may be wrong about the name but if I'm not then isn't that unprofessional of them? If they can't get it right then they're not even on the same level as fansubbers who strive for semi-perfect translations. Sometimes I feel that retail versions of anime series are a step down in quality when it comes to translations. Just a thought.
The fansubbers did use Mute as his name but they were the ones who were incorrect. His name is Mytho is comes from the word Myth. And if you watch the series that makes a lot more sense than mute. Mytho was quiet early on but he was never mute.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 16:28   Link #118
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Age: 32
To Reignfire: As one of the people involved in Princess Tutu's fansubbing, let me reaffirm that ADV's naming is 100% in line with the original production staff's intentions, and I would appreciate it if people could refrain from knee-jerk accusations against anime companies for things that are 1) done absolutely correctly, and 2) entirely beyond their control.

I have very high praise and trust in the person who translated Princess Tutu for ADV, and I will not tolerate any baseless insults against her work.
__________________
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 23:02   Link #119
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Marathoned it today.
Really great series, but a small coment:
Spoiler:
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 23:21   Link #120
Nervous Venus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.
Age: 29
I would have preferred if they left Ahiru Ahiru, instead of calling her "Duck", but well, it means that in English, so I can't really complain, lol.

I actually liked the ending of the anime, kimura. I thought it was kind of cute to see
Spoiler:
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.