AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 08:42   Link #201
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

uh, someone i know just made a logo for tears
Old 2007-04-13, 09:02   Link #202
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
when the next eps will be subb i love this anime being only guy on island with beautiful women it heaven but the down side them nagging you
Old 2007-04-13, 09:10   Link #203
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
when the next eps will be subb i love this anime being only guy on island with beautiful women it heaven but the down side them nagging you
Go watch Girls Bravo and be quiet.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:20   Link #204
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
I downloaded this because I found the Saturday Night Fever reference pretty funny. Take note of the mirror ball.

The name of the CD is Magic Soul Party.
LOL

I knew it was a Saturday Night Fever reference, however:

I didn't notice they did it so accuarately!

EDIT: About the map:

I didn't notice how far Suzu's house is from the village.

Also, I like how the author detailed the island, so you can actually spot places that are going to be shown in the story.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 14:30   Link #205
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
i.e. Who is the Lord of the West
Speaking of that, I think I know for sure who it is now, but I'm not telling.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:07   Link #206
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Go watch Girls Bravo and be quiet.

no i wont be quiet miss because i already watched girl bravo
Old 2007-04-14, 01:08   Link #207
Wings
Through time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Speaking of that, I think I know for sure who it is now, but I'm not telling.
Spoiler for lord of the west:
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:36   Link #208
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Wonder how Suzu will look like when she's all grown up...
For some reason, my thought would be...

Suzu (Airantou) --> Kasumi (DOA)!?

-->

Maybe!?!?
Old 2007-04-14, 03:39   Link #209
Lucipher

Ok i saw the 2nd eps now and people kept saying this was gona be an above Adv Harem im not seeing it one bit. Like i said in my post befor its gona have no Drama at all It looks like a Wanabe Girls Bravo. I'm 99% sure he is gona end up with Naru i mean Suka so there wont even be the whole who will he pick thing. You got a girl who can totally own everyone in everything, so now how is this above adv? Lol if ur saying cuz of stuff in the Managa what happens in the manga that makes this show so great?
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:14   Link #210
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Yes, it will have drama. Each and every comedy, no mater how ridiculous it might be at first, has a conclusion that features some drama. I can't remember a comedy anime that didn't have drama in it one way or another near the end.
Old 2007-04-14, 04:25   Link #211
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Ok i saw the 2nd eps now and people kept saying this was gona be an above Adv Harem im not seeing it one bit. Like i said in my post befor its gona have no Drama at all It looks like a Wanabe Girls Bravo. I'm 99% sure he is gona end up with Naru i mean Suka so there wont even be the whole who will he pick thing. You got a girl who can totally own everyone in everything, so now how is this above adv? Lol if ur saying cuz of stuff in the Managa what happens in the manga that makes this show so great?
It will have almost no drama; a show doesn't have to be dramatic to be good or, at least, to be above the average. Moreover if the show in question is a comedy.

Is a quirky, highly enjoyable, likeable, episodic story, with some hooks other harem shows don't care to add.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:40   Link #212
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its silly -- gilligan on an island full of girls. The girls are relatively cute... vaudeville silly "hello nurse!!!!" hijinks ensue. Jerry Lewis, um... oops wrong script....

Anyway, looks like the pretty girls are cutely drawn and each is a parody of some other anime heroine (Negima: Kaede, Utawarerumono: Ururu on Critter, DOA: Kasumi.... the rest is left as an exercise for the student).

So far its quite a bit LESS annoying than Girls Bravo (which was basically obnoxious from start to finish) but I can see the parallels.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:46   Link #213
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
<snipped by mod>

Episode 2 blow me away : Studio Feel adapted the hide-and-Seek tournament, with some nice touch (ayane's defeat in the very end is way better in the anime )
I might be too easy going about that matter, but the animation was top nocht to me : really smooth and dynamic (actually, i feared that part, due the insane events of the tournament)

only 1 complain though : they screwed up Machi/Ayane relationship : we weren't supposed to know that until the "snacks incident". this is too bad, since the twist and contrast between them and Chizuru is really gold ~~

<sinpped by mod>

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-14 at 12:56. Reason: Please don't hint or reveal manga spoilers in an anime-only thread. Anime-only viewers will know in due time.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:48   Link #214
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Once again I fail to comprehend the fact that if people don't like the anime, can't they just keep their mouth shut, do you people use forums as a medium to release all your pent up frustration?

By the way i don't know if the Naru, Suka thing is suppose to be a joke (not funny by the way) her name is Suzu. By the way what does Adv mean? does it mean average? You need to work on your abbreviations...

Also I remember something you said earlier in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchipher
Dont complain about something your getting for free. If you can do a better job do it yourself. Quit being a Spoiled brat. Just be grateful they subed it and leave it at that. They released it fast so yeah there is gona be some bugs. if the skipping bugged you so much simple watch the rar and dont watch the subs. end of store
I couldn't agree with you more...Although your previous words are now looking a bit hypocritical....

Anyway my oppinion of ep 2, I swear i'm loving this anime, I really enjoyed the manga and the anime has adapted it perfectly, My favourite part was probably

Spoiler:

What can i say about this show, if you are looking for comedy this is definitely one of, if not the best of this year for me! I also agree with skyfall that most anime has drama no matter what genre, even comedy. It's just for comedy shows most of the drama are usually towards the end of the show...lol
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 07:03   Link #215
Calca
Brina!

So what all happens in the manga up to volume 11 since I doubt the anime will animate that much?
Calca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 07:11   Link #216
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Klashikari, please spoiler your posts better or stop posting in this thread. Intentional or not, you're giving a lot of hints at the future away, and people who have not read the manga really don't appreciate it. It's one thing to compare the manga and the anime for episodes that have already aired and been subbed, but quite different to say "I can't wait for episode X, because that will feature Y".
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 08:03   Link #217
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far its quite a bit LESS annoying than Girls Bravo (which was basically obnoxious from start to finish) but I can see the parallels.
Disagree with that. Girls Bravo was a rather fun series, IMO. This is very stale and annoying at this stage.

Ep 2.

My problem with this series: the only character that I find to have an appealing personality is the pig. That's not a good thing. They've somehow managed to pick all the character archetypes that annoy me and stuff them into the same anime. The only positive thing I can think to say for this series so far is that at least it isn't as bad as Shuffle! Memories. That's pretty much it, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 10:13   Link #218
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another pretty funny episode I thought. GIrls turning into zombies, I was half expecting someone to pick up a flaming stick to fend them off. What an....interesting way to pick a bride .

At least he didn't lose too much blood this time. Better figure out how to fix his nose or he could bleed out before the end of the series. Ikuto even got in a bit of combat with the plants. What a weird island.

Nice that at least we got to hear some reasons behind why some of the girls want Ikuto that badly. To get rid of female admirerors, show up Suzu, make people see her as an adult, and of course to run experiments (what is this a female Mayuri?) Good at least to get some understanding there.

Beware the panda!
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 10:35   Link #219
Lucipher

Quote:
It will have almost no drama; a show doesn't have to be dramatic to be good or, at least, to be above the average. Moreover if the show in question is a comedy.

Is a quirky, highly enjoyable, likeable, episodic story, with some hooks other harem shows don't care to add.
I dont know when there is gona be no question about who he will end up with it cheapens the whole Harem theme. If they labled it Comedy/Ichi i wouldnt have the problems i have with this Anime but they labled it harem. I guess im just a little sick of companys labaling shows harems when it really aint just to attract more people to it initaly.

<quoted spoilers are removed by mod>

Those things in bold shows my points. Its not an above average harem. Thats the quote i kept seeing from people its just not. When you lable something a harem your gona have people looking for difrent things then when you lable it a comidy. IE simple hints on who will end up with who.

Like your saying its a comidy not a harem i guess ill try 2 watch it with my mind turned off and enjoy the Echi/Comidy. Just dont tell me its an average harem wich its not. You wana see a above average harem look at School Rumble(Yes its a harem go over the commen things people agree on what makes a show a harem),Code of Gease(Again like School Rumble) Mahabro, Da Copa 1(dear god not #2) and Shuffle. Thats what i think about when it comes to above average harem shows not something like this, but as a comidy / echi show ill bite just dont call it a harem ><.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Once again I fail to comprehend the fact that if people don't like the anime, can't they just keep their mouth shut, do you people use forums as a medium to release all your pent up frustration?

By the way i don't know if the Naru, Suka thing is suppose to be a joke (not funny by the way) her name is Suzu. By the way what does Adv mean? does it mean average? You need to work on your abbreviations...

Also I remember something you said earlier in this thread

I couldn't agree with you more...Although your previous words are now looking a bit hypocritical....

Anyway my oppinion of ep 2, I swear i'm loving this anime, I really enjoyed the manga and the anime has adapted it perfectly, My favourite part was probably

Spoiler:

What can i say about this show, if you are looking for comedy this is definitely one of, if not the best of this year for me! I also agree with skyfall that most anime has drama no matter what genre, even comedy. It's just for comedy shows most of the drama are usually towards the end of the show...lol
In what way am i dissing the show im not. What i was saying was its not an above average harem. This is a forum to discuss the way a show is going its what its made for. Some people are gona like it some are not its how life works. I was more of asking on why do people say its an above average herem when its clearly not.

Note how i was speaking about the guy crying about the Fansubs, I dislike when people compain about Fansubs. Cuz the people who make them do it on there free time and aint getting paid to do it. Unlike the people who make the show those people are paid to do it. If you cant tell the difrence then i dont know what to tell you.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-14 at 13:18.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:24   Link #220
molitar

I just want to say something to the nay sayers. The American Anime Award gave best comedy to F.L.C.L so a good comedy DOES NOT have to have drama. It JUST has to be be FUNNY! So if you don't like plain comedy than don't watch this show their is a ton of other shows out there. I should know I have over 1200 cd/dvd's of completed fansubs in my collection (btw them are completed series only 1 series average to a dvd/cd so that is over 1100 different series).

So I am personally going to enjoy the show for what it is and not what it isn't
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen