AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 14:51   Link #261
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I thought the same thing too with all those chanting and stuffs. Anyway, the story about how there were no men in the island is rather....surreal.
at least, this isn't as completely silly as Vandread ^^'
while it might be really weird, it does fits the story. (actually, i bought this explanation about the disappearance of the men, except the total lack of boys... and it would be hardly believable that kids under like 12-14 would go with the rest, fishing some crazy things)

*wild imagination ON* these men might... ended on another island...? guess that would be the complete opposite atmosphere than Airan (more hell than heaven, kinda )
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 15:56   Link #262
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...on a side note - was he looking kind of disappointed when Suzu said she doesn't want him ?
I think so. He was certainly feeling some regret in the manga at that point, and who can blame him! He’s suddenly realised Suzu would be a good catch but has backed himself into a bit of a corner due to his original stance of not wanting to get hitched.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:06   Link #263
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^

Well, not like that can't be corrected

From what i understood of Suzu, it is not that she exactly would mind being with him, but that she doesn't want him to forced to "choose" her. Should he come to her from his own will, i am pretty certain she would accept. (Of course this will take the bloke ~20 eps to figure out, no doubt )
Old 2007-04-17, 16:34   Link #264
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

At least there shouldn't be any character younger than 11 years, or we should ask why is there 2 year pregnancy
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:34   Link #265
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
^

From what i understood of Suzu, it is not that she exactly would mind being with him, but that she doesn't want him to forced to "choose" her. Should he come to her from his own will, i am pretty certain she would accept. (Of course this will take the bloke ~20 eps to figure out, no doubt )
That is what most either call good character development, or what i call dragging a series on for as long as possible !

Spoiler:

Besides that Suzu has placed their beds right next to each other like a married couple!! A big fat obvious foreshadowing of what's to come
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:38   Link #266
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Spoiler:
^ I predicted that happening later after 1st ep It is so obvious ...besides - she worked very hard to keep all the other girls away from him during the race
Old 2007-04-17, 18:56   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
^

Bingo.

Suzu is beyond adorable - her character just gets better and better as the story develops. And she definitely feels "it" for Ikuto - she just doesn't want him unless it's of his own will. Just like him she has an old-fashioned way about her, they're a good match...

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2007-04-17 at 23:33.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:28   Link #268
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Suzu is beyond adorable - her character just gets better and better as the story develops. And she definitely feelt "it" for Ikuto - she just doesn't want him unless it's of his own will. Just like him she has an old-fashioned way about her, they're a good match...
Yeah, definitely. Even in just the first two episodes of the anime, the "chemistry" between them is very natural and obvious. Their relationship provides a sort of anchor to all the chaos and insanity (to the characters themselves, but also to us, the viewers), and that's definitely one of my favourite aspects of the show. It's crazy, insane, and manic, but at the end of the day they have each other to "go home" to, and that makes everything okay. Sort of reminds me of Inukami in that sense, actually (though Suzu's clearly different from Youko ).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:30   Link #269
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, definitely. Even in just the first two episodes of the anime, the "chemistry" between them is very natural and obvious. Their relationship provides a sort of anchor to all the chaos and insanity (to the characters themselves, but also to us, the viewers), and that's definitely one of my favourite aspects of the show. It's crazy, insane, and manic, but at the end of the day they have each other to "go home" to, and that makes everything okay. Sort of reminds me of Inukami in that sense, actually (though Suzu's clearly different from Youko ).
Reminds you of inukami? lol, I would actually think that if youko was on the island she would

Spoiler for Youko:

Other than that I agree with everyone Suzu's lack of experience and genuine affection for Ikuto is really sweet, she is also mild and good mannered.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:36   Link #270
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Inukami/Nagasarete crossover ?

*Imagines Keita on this island*
... we would have a hentai in this case

... At any rate - for the last day i have been toying (means learning ) around with gif making, and i kinda used Nagasarete for samples If any one wants any of these - go ahead.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-04-18 at 09:38.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:51   Link #271
Wings
Through time and space

Quote:
I thought the same thing too with all those chanting and stuffs. Anyway, the story about how there were no men in the island is rather....surreal. Maybe they will manage to explain it on later episodes no? Oh btw, was that a giant eggplant Ayane's always hugging? Tonkatsu...well..it's been a while since I saw like that. First time was Hiyoko-kun (chick-kun) from TokiMemo ~ Only Love
It was actually explained at the beginning of the second episode. If you skipped ahead to the start of the episode, you might have missed it.
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:03   Link #272
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
well... he actually watched it (see the comment "those chanting and stuffs"?) but commented that explanation was surreal in fact

geh... the more i hear suzu, more i feel she would need a ribbon as a weapon (Hocchan's performance in NA reminds me too much of Makie Sasaki from Negima ~~)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-04-18 at 11:26. Reason: spelling
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:39   Link #273
Wings
Through time and space

Ah my bad, there I go again with the selective reading. >.>
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:11   Link #274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
awesome!!! this is heaven if you can survive it or hell if you cant atm it should be hell seeing ikuto getting torn apart like some dumpling *kuma kuma!* :3

ep 1 gave me the goosepimples to say the least ~ an island inhabited only by females? at that moment my memory brought out the words "girls bravo" and already i knew what im in for
great first ep i must say...the character designs are really pretty and seeing ikuto loosing a gallon of blood just gives me a big smile...well thats the reaction any males would get being put in that situation (oh how i envy him XD) ~
getting his back washed by suzu was just the starter...with him landing in the lands of "puni puni" finishing it off...most interesting :3

ep 2 ~ "catch a groom tournament" okey ikuto is not a man at all...he should have picked to marry all of the women there rather than accepting the tournament XD (okey it might not be such a good idea )
dam this is funny stuff...even tho its predictable that ikuto is bound to be running for his life stuff liek this never gets old XD its also nice to see suzu helping him by taking out all the other girls...so i guess we have a winner here...

(note to self tonka is really kirby XD)
and first theres kuma kuma...now theres a panda chan O.o

wow suzu really have a heart of gold :3 great resolve (or lack of) for the situation ~ im really enjoying this series ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:02   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watched ep 2 this morning... naturally, he missed his chance to land the adorably cute and earnest Suzu (because he doesn't know her well enough).
(baka in a good way errrrr )

I will say that at least this series has the characters in a predicament where there really ARE no other guys so in that sense its one of the few harem anime to actually make sense.

Points for him not being a complete disaster (he handled himself fairly well in ep 2 even though Suzu was secretly helping) -- I'm already completely annoyed at the overamped nosebleed excess and hope it fades to something more like minor leakage unless it is *REALLY* warranted.
Relentlessflame's summation is spot-on (#268) though I think the male in Inukami is sufficiently different that the comparison doesn't entire work. Suzu and idiot have instant chemistry -- we'll see how much "jerry lewis" hilarity they have to go through with the other girls before they let us be.

I also like the fact that though each girl is an homage to other well-known anime girls, that inside joke isn't necessary to enjoy whats going on (though you may wonder why some of them are dressed so culturally differently).
Old 2007-04-18, 12:29   Link #276
Cyz
"Show it to me"

<-- Really evil On a side note, I think Machi is more evil than her
<-- The girl that tries hard but ended up failing miserably
<-- Cute, innocent...or is she really? You never know...she might have some motive

-> They're all nice btw. Good job!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:19   Link #277
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
<-- Really evil On a side note, I think Machi is more evil than her
Agreed; Chikage at least has her research as her motive, while Machi simply enjoys being evil; so cute .

Quote:
<-- The girl that tries hard but ended up failing miserably
That line could very easily be her epitaph (not that I want Ayane to die; her Bugs-Daffy relationship with Suzu is comedy gold )
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:30   Link #278
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

The raw for episode 3 is out. Tokyotosho appears to have a torrent of it (albeit with only one seed for now) for those not versed in winny/share.

EDIT: Manga readers, prepare for a big shock. Someone's introduction has been fast-forwarded several chapters.

EDIT2: I didn't quite get what was said, but once again manga readers, prepare yourselves. It's becoming more and more apparent that for better or for worse (we don't know yet) the anime's going to be changing stuff around quite a bit.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2007-04-18 at 15:47.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:57   Link #279
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

After watching ep.2 I did not know that Ayane and Machi are sisters . When Ayane clings on to her last hope, her sister is soo evil. I think with Machi's cooperation, Ayane would not fail as much
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:06   Link #280
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
all the girls on that island (except suzu) are demons i swear...they all have alter egos that crop up whenever theres a man in sight...machi even tried to kill off her sister for christ sakes

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen