AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-05, 13:43   Link #601
UPR

i have a theory that much later in the manga that when Suzu's feellings for Ikuto are in full force that she will find Rin and Ikuto in a "comprimising" situation that make her go commando on them
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 14:34   Link #602
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I liked episode 9. Although after watching it, I just realized how sad harems are. He spends alot of time with each girl, gets them to fall in love and breaks all but one's heart.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 14:42   Link #603
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Not to mention he will cause some heartache for the one as well before that... Suzu in this case. Though i am still betting on somewhat open end for this one. (Unfortunately)
Old 2007-06-05, 15:00   Link #604
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
just watched ep 9...althou i HATE mikoto for always barging in like that annoying ayane, but props to her for yelling some sense into suzu finally (that "i love everyone" shit is not going to work 0_-*), althou it was more for personal reasons xD

Too bad suzu forget what it is called at the end of the ep @@

(thanks skyfall!)

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2007-06-05 at 15:20.
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 15:20   Link #605
UPR

i just can't believe that there is going to be a open end because if you read the manga it's obvious that there is not going to be one (at least tha't what i hope)
Old 2007-06-05, 15:30   Link #606
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
i just can't believe that there is going to be a open end because if you read the manga it's obvious that there is not going to be one (at least tha't what i hope)
well from the implications of the anime, i say it HAS TO be suzu. I mean its pretty obvious in the OP/ED and at the end where they watch the sunset together.
Old 2007-06-05, 15:37   Link #607
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

We all know that it is going to be implied who the girl is(Suzu), what i am talking about is not whether we can tell who the "couple" is, but whether they are going to come out in the open with it. If they don't, i still consider it as open-end... and my gut feeling is telling me that the chances are high for that in this anime.
Old 2007-06-05, 15:48   Link #608
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I say it will be one of those we assume he got with Suzu. But I still have not thrown out my, he finds a way off. Then it will be a does he stay with Suzu, does Suzu go with him, or do they split up. If he does find a way, I hope he can find more men to bring back, or the island will die.
Old 2007-06-05, 16:04   Link #609
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...but whether they are going to come out in the open with it. If they don't, i still consider it as open-end...
...as in announcing to everyone on the island that ikusuzu is the couple? Thats like spoonfeeding the conclusion imo. i think this will just end up like goshunjin-sama, the pairing is obvious without words. I think even anna backed off after izumi showed her feelings for yoshitaka. I think it will happen to airantou as well.
Old 2007-06-05, 16:20   Link #610
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't care whom they announce it to, as long as they announce it to themselves -> an actual conclusion/climax for the romance, where they come to terms with their feelings and acknowledge them. I consider endings like "oh, we all know where this is going sooner or later" as crappy, inconclusive and weak, and most definitely not satisfying, nor fitting for a romance show . If you are going to write a romance story, give it a proper closure ... a kiss ... a confession ... a hug ... something.
Old 2007-06-05, 16:25   Link #611
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't care whom they announce it to, as long as they announce it to themselves -> an actual conclusion/climax for the romance, where they come to terms with their feelings and acknowledge them. I consider endings like "oh, we all know where this is going sooner or later" as crappy, inconclusive and weak, and most definitely not satisfying, nor fitting for a romance show . If you are going to write a romance story, give it a proper closure ... a kiss ... a confession ... a hug ... something.
i couldnt agree with u more. I also hate those weak endings where they leave u to "imagine" the future ...

-BUT-

I really do see ikuto and suzu confess to each other. Like you said, the anime needs a climax and the anime needs an ending. Unless its ikuto leaving the island, i dont see any pt in ending the story without any izusuzu confession...

...And yeah I just dont see ikuto leaving the island

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2007-06-05 at 18:11.
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 16:42   Link #612
UPR

and if we all remember in the first ep Suzu even though it was mouth to mouth "supposedly" it was a kiss none the less and leaves to conclude if they showed it then they can do it more time when the time comes for there relationship
Old 2007-06-05, 18:50   Link #613
Jerseykid

Clearly Ikuto has no choice but to marry and have kids with everyone! Except that old lady in the beginning of course
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:01   Link #614
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

one random observation btw: in ep 1, when ikuto got knocked by the waves and sinking down the water, there is this 2 red-eyed sea-monster looking at him, which also appeared on the hot springs episode when he is swimming to the surface with suzu. Do you guys think they could be somehow related? (maybe the same creature?!)
Old 2007-06-05, 19:12   Link #615
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Remember the animal fight? Suzu said there was an island spirit that watches them all. I am guessing that is it. My guess is it knows the human population might die so it went out and grabbed the floating boy to bring to the island.
Old 2007-06-05, 19:16   Link #616
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
awww nessie is soo kind XD but thats quite good speculation there :3 but wasnt he in slumber during the hot springs ep? or did he lose his home due to ikuto's bash bashing O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:20   Link #617
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its certainly big.... finally sat down and caught up with Ayako subs.

Its very cute, not something that I sit on the edge of the sit for.... but its very cute. And lo and behold there's some progress (glacial though it might be). The artwork and animation tends to be all over the place but they seem to understand where to budget the "money moments" so there's some delicious artwork (and not just of the girls but the scenic moments as well).

Just kind of a fun diversion. I'm kind of wondering if the climax will be Iku deciding whether or not to leave the island.... and if he stays, Suzu is clearly the implicit #1 harem leader but he "likes everyone" (rolleyes).
Clearly a fantasy as there'd be murder and mayhem within a year
Fingers crossed that there's something better in store (like Iku+Suzu and he brings back lots of guys (maybe the lost guys) in some adventure).
Old 2007-06-05, 19:25   Link #618
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That is what I am saying^^ Either he gets off and finds a way to take everyone with him, gets off and brings more guys back so the island does not die, or more guys are brought(Forced..lol) to the island.
Old 2007-06-05, 20:02   Link #619
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

sigh, i wish the anime add in the manga part where suzu threw the saw between ikuto and rin at the end...why do they decide to cut that out?! to keep suzu's innoncent image?
Old 2007-06-05, 20:05   Link #620
Jerseykid

Has there been any harems where the guy winds up with all the girls no matter how unfeasible it would be?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen