AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-16, 11:07   Link #1401
hwfan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well this series is nearing the end, I'll be looking forward to 24 because I dont watch the raws, but it sparked some interest in me

Suzu's expressions in 23 were all priceless
Thanks Ayako for the releases.. really made my day
hwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 18:01   Link #1402
Rengemaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garden...
Age: 29
Is it me or did anyone else notice a variation in the quality of the art and animation? I find the later episodes (especially 23) to be a little low on the quality of the animations. Suzu's expressions were kinda odd IMO, did anyone else notice that?
__________________
Grains of Knowledge:
Life requires a high demand of the mighty M skill.
Rengemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:56   Link #1403
S_K
Let's begin!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Is it me or did anyone else notice a variation in the quality of the art and animation? I find the later episodes (especially 23) to be a little low on the quality of the animations. Suzu's expressions were kinda odd IMO, did anyone else notice that?
yea i kinda noticed it too, i thought the art was kinda odd, especially the faces, they looked kinda odd
__________________
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 09:38   Link #1404
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
The animation director for this show (Naoto Hosoda) is known for being more about motion than "consistent-looking keyframes". I don't know if you all will remember this example, but he also worked on episode 14 of Utawarerumono -- remember the one where everyone said it looked off-model, but the battle scenes looked really smooth? So part of it may be budget, but the other part of it is just this animation director's style. It's just different than what you often see these days.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 22:32   Link #1405
zpf0918
Aishiteiru to itte kure
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In your Hard-Drive
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to zpf0918 Send a message via Yahoo to zpf0918
Hmm i've been missing out on some stuff lately.
Spoiler for Ep24xD:
zpf0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 23:46   Link #1406
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpf0918 View Post
Hmm i've been missing out on some stuff lately.
Spoiler for Ep24xD:
they already went to the hot springs. I don't think we be having something to go again. Besides there are only 2 ep left.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 03:46   Link #1407
Rengemaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garden...
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The animation director for this show (Naoto Hosoda) is known for being more about motion than "consistent-looking keyframes". I don't know if you all will remember this example, but he also worked on episode 14 of Utawarerumono -- remember the one where everyone said it looked off-model, but the battle scenes looked really smooth? So part of it may be budget, but the other part of it is just this animation director's style. It's just different than what you often see these days.
Yeah I remember that episode, thanks for clearing it out.
__________________
Grains of Knowledge:
Life requires a high demand of the mighty M skill.
Rengemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:50   Link #1408
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Eppie 25 was pretty awesome on an art/animation/action front. Humor was a little missing... but with scenes like these, I can totally excuse that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Garuu9jf3gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxII2cN5TQ

(second wasn't finished processing last I checked, but should be up soon)
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 17:57   Link #1409
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Eppie 25 was pretty awesome on an art/animation/action front. Humor was a little missing... but with scenes like these, I can totally excuse that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Garuu9jf3gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxII2cN5TQ
Heh -- and speaking of an animation director that emphasizes smooth motion over art consistency... if there was budget-saving going on in the earlier episodes, we definitely know why now. The Utawarerumono 14 example I used earlier seems really appropriate now. Cool stuff!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 21:49   Link #1410
Farplaner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
They sure showed off Meimei's goods this episode... Not that I complain!
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 23:33   Link #1411
Rengemaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garden...
Age: 29
After watching ep24 I have came to the conclusion that
Spoiler for ending thoughts:
__________________
Grains of Knowledge:
Life requires a high demand of the mighty M skill.
Rengemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 00:54   Link #1412
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 25 ~
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 16:15   Link #1413
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
title for ep26:

"Springing Out, Airan Island"
"Tobidashite, Airantō" (飛び出して、藍蘭島)
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 16:59   Link #1414
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
I have a rather odd question concerning Nagasarete Airantou.

If someone were to, say, make a fanfiction based on the Airantou island, yet us a character from an older, more popular show (Ranma 1/2 let's say >>), is Nagasarete Airantou popular enough to get recognized without much explanation of what the show is? Thank you for your time.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 17:09   Link #1415
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Er weird question...but from experience i dont think ive come across any other series that has this kinda plot (ie the whole i man being isolated on an island with girls) - I think it really depends on how popular the series is.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 18:46   Link #1416
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Yeah, I do apologize at it is an esoteric question, but I'm just wondering if people think it is popular enough to be recognized immediately, or through a little research, or if people go "never heard of it".
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 18:48   Link #1417
rasudoken
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The United States of America
man, does anyone knows what suzu said to ikuto in episode 24? during when she came back from the beach and when ikuto was like, done talking with the genie?
rasudoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 19:18   Link #1418
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
man, does anyone knows what suzu said to ikuto in episode 24? during when she came back from the beach and when ikuto was like, done talking with the genie?
that there is a way to get off the island.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 19:34   Link #1419
S_K
Let's begin!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
title for ep26:

"Springing Out, Airan Island"
"Tobidashite, Airantō" (飛び出して、藍蘭島)
That sounds like a name for a final episode, might actually miss this series
__________________
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 20:45   Link #1420
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
That sounds like a name for a final episode, might actually miss this series
it is the final episode...there are 26 eps in the anime as mentioned in the beginning.

Very nice ep indeed. It sort of copied vol 10 from the manga with the fighting...thou ikuto fought for a different reason.
__________________
...
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.