AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-04-04, 18:09   Link #21
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Yeah what's with "tank-man"? What kind of tech is abound in this universe, and what kind of AI was stuffed into that rolling piece of armour? (the "knight's helmet" on top of him as his talking piece just makes things even crazier)
Yeah...the knight helmet moving as he speaks was so (British comedy perhaps?) and unexpected, atleast by me, in an anime lol. Definitely one of the most bizarre characters I've seen.

This show probably won't be anything great, but it should be fun atleast if it doesn't go too far off course of the first ep and the OP.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-04-04 at 18:41.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:41   Link #22
Nvis
Senior

d/ling RAW. Seems like an interesting show.

Edit: Seen it. I have mixed feelings about this. Like the tank guy for instance.

But i would be depressing when the Hime cuts her hair. She looks better with long hair.

Last edited by Nvis; 2007-04-05 at 01:35.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 15:16   Link #23
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
WTF is that tank there for>???????????!!!!!!!! >
if that tank lasts past episode 4 i will not be able to watch this.
let me clarify, unless this show becomes the most jaw-droppingly amazing anime in history, i won't be able to watch it if that talking tank is there!!
i hope people in japan are writing letters to the station telling them to kill the tank.
this series has too much potential to be torpedoed by an annoying talking tank.
i can forgive the fairy, but the tank.....??????

*sigh*

I forgot there was a tank in this. Then when it turned up, it delivered the first genuine wtf moment in recent memory. Although Rita's Bruce Lee impersonation was a close second. That was hilarious (I hope it was intentional). Overall the first episode was an utterly bizarre mix yet somehow worked really well. I was sufficiently entertained to want to know more about this odd pseudo fairy tale world. The fanservice didn't put me off, but then as both Nina and Rita are hot I'm not complaining really. A pleasant surprise
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:41   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I forgot there was a tank in this. Then when it turned up, it delivered the first genuine wtf moment in recent memory.
I guess they omitted this little fact about the tank's being special in the PV/CV. A talking tank with a helmet in place to give the talking tank a reason to talk - a viable reason and a logical one to boot, so just in case any misguided people like me has no reason to think the tank is talking out of its arse/ass/nether region/hiney. I haven't been this unprepared for watching a show in quite some time. So it seems Seirei no Moribito will be Production I. G's featured work while they have their fun with Wellber no Monogatari to stay loose. There was not even single second wasted to get down with the business. A naked fairy also makes so much sense. This show is really something to look forward to for a good laugh, and also for some unexpected moments.
Old 2007-04-10, 22:10   Link #25
Joojoobees

I see that Live-Evil is indicated as subbers on pukiwiki, but not mentioned on the Live-Evil website. Does this mean no subs?
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:17   Link #26
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but here are a ton of caps and a friend's impression of the second ep.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=46
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:06   Link #27
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
Well considering I've been forcibly enlisted by the girlies in providing some small bits of technical assistance here and there in getting ep 1 ready (fluffy dusters and chocolate are evil instruments of torture <.>...) I would imagine that you'll be seeing Ep 1 from LLE sometime in the near future :E

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:10   Link #28
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom View Post
Well considering I've been forcibly enlisted by the girlies in providing some small bits of technical assistance here and there in getting ep 1 ready (fluffy dusters and chocolate are evil instruments of torture <.>...) I would imagine that you'll be seeing Ep 1 from LLE sometime in the near future :E

-gumbaloom
LOL... it's true, we have been torturing him. At 3am, no less.

The current plan is for a double release of eps 1 & 2, so don't give up on us yet!

-tlynnec
tlynnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:29   Link #29
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynnec View Post
it's true, we have been torturing him. At 3am, no less.
Whatever it takes to get the work done.

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a baseless rumor, then, and am looking forward to the release.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:07   Link #30
guess

Live-evil is subbing this? And I thought you guys only subbed old stuff. I will certainly be following this series just for this alone.
Old 2007-04-11, 01:52   Link #31
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynnec View Post
The current plan is for a double release of eps 1 & 2, so don't give up on us yet!
Wow, great news. Looks like I won't be dropping this yet.

Check out !
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 15:57   Link #32
Dandruff
Flakey

Lawlz, saw the first episode, I found it pretty funny, I felt like it was one of those gag animes. Lawlz, at the end watching the credits for some reason Thelma and Louise popped in my mind, two womenz' on on the run from the law with some gun tottin' action. :lol:

Will definately keep an eye on this and banzai to Live-Evil for deciding to sub this, enjoyed your work for Death Note before it licensed and dropped and that stuff ^o^
Old 2007-04-11, 16:32   Link #33
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Lol, yeah a medieval Thelma and Louise. Although it kind of felt like an adult version of Scrapped Princess in a number of ways ~ princess with a death sentence on her and various people trying to kill her. It's also a bit like El Cazador, another new anime about two girls on the run.

Great news about the impending subs. Wellber needs a bit more love
Old 2007-04-11, 21:15   Link #34
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

Thanks for the encouragement folks.
Like I said, we're planning on a double release of the first two eps, so please don't be surprised when ep 1 isn't released in the next day
Old 2007-04-12, 11:38   Link #35
Dandruff
Flakey

Gambate L-E ^o^

Episode 2, well we learn why Rita killed that guy that was supposed to be like a suiter(?). Anywhom, talking tank still there proved to be rather moronic but useful at least, lawl. Rita looked really strange when she cut her hair, I don't really like the poofiness but...well..whatever, what's done is done. There were some amusing moments, overall a decent ep.

Episode three is titled "Vengence Chapter"(?), wonder what that'll be about, lawl.
Old 2007-04-13, 20:57   Link #36
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, ep 2 confirmed my suspicions.

What looked like an adult/realistic show has fully devolved into clean hands good guys and clumsy badguys, super girls, and a talking tank's silly adventures.

Nothing was realistic about that bar scene, and cannon shells directly hitting leave no survivors. Two females travelling alone in that timeperiod would not be safe in any case, much less if one was a hunted princess with no common sense.

Even worse is the fact that the ex-princess is being two-faced. If she really wants to prevent war, there is one thing she can do: turn herself in. By running away she may be causing a war.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 10:08   Link #37
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Okay

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-14, 10:29   Link #38
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Hrm, ep 2 confirmed my suspicions.

What looked like an adult/realistic show has fully devolved into clean hands good guys and clumsy badguys, super girls, and a talking tank's silly adventures.

Nothing was realistic about that bar scene, and cannon shells directly hitting leave no survivors. Two females travelling alone in that timeperiod would not be safe in any case, much less if one was a hunted princess with no common sense.
And the talking tank, chibi fairy and bizarro fantasy elements in ep 1 didn't convince you this wasn't a realistic show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Even worse is the fact that the ex-princess is being two-faced. If she really wants to prevent war, there is one thing she can do: turn herself in. By running away she may be causing a war.
I think she doesn't have much choice. It's clear if she turns herself in she'll be for the guillotine, all she can do is keep running and hope to prove her innocence at some point. She is innocent after all (or at least only guilty of self defence rather than murder).
Old 2007-04-14, 11:52   Link #39
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
And the talking tank, chibi fairy and bizarro fantasy elements in ep 1 didn't convince you this wasn't a realistic show?
When i say realistic, i mean "believable".
I can stand magic, fairies, etc.

What I want is characters that are believable, and consistent rules of the universe.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 20:59   Link #40
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

So, update: the only thing slowing us down right now is the ed song. TL is having issues with two of lines. If anyone happens to feel like helping out/supplying the lyrics, it would speed up our release and be much appreciated.

Tags
drama, romance