AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-12, 18:48   Link #1
RiN!

Action/ SchoolLife-Romance

I just finished D.N. Angel and was hoping i could find something kinda like that which has Action/Romance. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ^_^

<3

Last edited by RiN!; 2006-11-12 at 23:04.
Old 2006-11-12, 19:32   Link #2
MamoruUsagi

There are a lot of serious romance series which show the couples as boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series. Many action/romance series get a lot more romantic, showing the couple dating and in a relationship and boyfriend/girlfriend while they are also on missions.

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The main couple get together and are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series. They get married and have a child. Their romance is very long and when they become a couple they are devoted to each other and in a serious relationship. The main couple were princess and prince in the past and were reincarnated into the present. They have secret identities and after they are revealed they face many obstacles and become boyfriend/girlfriend and are dating and in a serious, committed relationship. They save the world and keep up a serious relationship at the same time and get engaged. After they get married, they become king and queen. Their is a lot of magic, romance. The anime, manga and live action version are different. However, before you find it, I will give you a guide of which episodes to watch, since there are many fillers episodes. I'll explain more later.

Fushigi Yugi is a long series. The manga is a lot longer than the anime. The manga is 18 volumes and very long, while the anime ends a lot earlier, but has OVAs and is still very long. It's a fantasy/romance. The main character enters a new world, and gets a boyfriend who is her true love and protector. They must save the world together and they are boyfriend/girlfriend and in a serious relationship at the same time. Later on, after the first arc, the manga and the OVAs cover the next part where the main character's boyfriend and true love becomes the main character. The second part is a lot longer in the manga, but the OVAs in the anime do cover part of it, but you must watch the OVAs in order to get the full story, though the manga is a lot longer. It's magical, romantic, fantasy. It has it all. I'll explain more later.

Ceres Celestial Legend is a good series. The manga is a lot better than the anime. The anime cuts out a lot of the manga. The series is dark, romantic and has a lot of action. The main character's boyfriend/lover is fighting for the other side and the main character's life is in danger. During the manga, which the anime doesn't cover, the main character's boyfriend takes her to hotel rooms where they spend intimate nights together, but they have to avoid being caught by those tracking them down. The manga has some tastefully done sex scenes, to warn you.

Stellvia of the Universe is romance/action.

Ah! My Goddess has romance/action.

Ultra Maniac is romance/magic with some action.

Do you read manga as well as anime? A lot of manga versions of the series are more detailed.

Fushigi Yuugi The manga is a lot longer than the anime, but if you watch the anime, watch the OVAs afterwards, while the manga covers it better, the OVAs do show parts of where the manga continues.

Sequel This part of the series wasn't covered in the manga. The manga is a lot longer, but this was a sequel in the anime, while the manga had taken a different turn.

Ayashi no Ceres The manga has lots of romance/action. The anime changes a lot. The manga has lots of kissing all the time, lots of action, lots of drama, some sex, the anime is a lot darker and cuts out a lot of the sweeter, lighter parts of the story. The manga is better, but choose whatever you want.

I can give better descriptions later, wait a couple days and I will give the better descriptions, sorry they have to be repetetive. I will update my descriptions in a couple days. Sorry about this. They may sound like spoilers, but these are not spoilers once you see the series and realize that the series are so much more.

Once again, sorry about the repetetive descriptions. I've read and seen every series in it's entirety.

There are a lot of series where the couple is dating and boyfriend/girlfriend during the series. These series are romance/action. There are many more romance series with the couples dating and boyfriend/girlfriend and in a serious relationship with lots of kissing during the series, but some of them would and others wouldn't be under action.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-11-12 at 20:00.
Old 2006-11-12, 19:44   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Shakugan no Shana
Fate/Stay night
Chrno Crusade
Mai-HiME
Mai-Otome (kinda light on the action part tho)
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid might qualify as well i gues...
Old 2006-11-12, 20:26   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

I liked the romance in Inuyasha...
There's better action anime out there, but I dislike alot of the romances found in them.
Old 2006-11-12, 20:30   Link #5
jayj713

Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars I, Banner of the Stars II, Banner of the Stars III.

Some people think they're boring but I really like them
Old 2006-11-13, 14:42   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Some more recomendations

Wild Act is an amazing romance manga, the couple is having sex, dating and in a serious relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend is a great romance manga.

Fushigi Yugi is a great romance manga.

Punch! is a series where the main character is engaged to a professional figther, but finds a guy she likes, and he asks her to go out with him and she decides to go out with him instead of being with her fiance, and her new boyfriend gets into many battles with her ex-fiance.

Happy Hustle High is a cute series. The main character' gets her boyfriend early on in the series. The main character's boyfriend is quiet and reserved. He becomes her boyfriend early on in the series and when they get together, he comes out of his shell. He starts off kind of reserved and teasing, but when he becomes her boyfriend, he changes and becomes romantic and loving. There is a lot of kissing and it's a sweet series, romance, action, comedy.

Bokura ga Ita is a great and realistic romance series. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend early on, it's realistic and good for the romance part of your request. The couple are dating during the series and in a serious relationship.

His and Her Circumstances is a romance series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend early on, lots of romance.

Mars is an amazing romance manga.

The Devil Does Exist is a great romance.

Happy Hustle

His and Her Circumstances

Bokura ga Ita

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-01 at 13:27.
Old 2006-11-13, 16:25   Link #7
RiN!

Thanks alot everyone i think im going to try Fushigi Yuugi
(thanks Mamoru for all your help XD)
after i finish Full Moon wo Sagashite ill give that a download to see if i like it.if not ill just keep going down the list XD
Old 2006-11-13, 17:50   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm action/romance...mght want to try...
inukami<----mixed with comedy
shuffle!
school rumble<----really funny
zero no tsukaima

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-25, 13:40   Link #9
armedrabbit
RabbitUser

Send a message via AIM to armedrabbit
MIDORI no hibi
Old 2007-08-25, 14:06   Link #10
Keirn

Busou Renkin A great shounen anime with lots of action and romance (and some comedy thrown in for good measure)

Erementar Gerad Also known as "Elemental Gelade" has a good story action, comedy and romance, one of my favorites

I second Fate/Stay Night, it's a great show

Shingetsutan Tsukihime Another of my favorites, made by the same company that did Fate/Stay Night (Type-Moon)
Old 2007-08-25, 17:50   Link #11
UPR

Busou Renkin
Elemental Gelade
Shakugan no Shana
Kaze no Stigma
Old 2007-08-25, 18:01   Link #12
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Shakugan no Shana
Kaze no Stigma

Those are the ones i know of.
Old 2007-08-25, 20:34   Link #13
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic The Second Raid are two of my personal favorites... plenty of action and romance. If you haven't seen it yet, Inuyasha is also good, if you can find a subbed version (though the dub isn't all that bad IMO). However, its a very long series and the anime doesn't really end with much of a resolution, as the manga continues on further.

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
Old 2008-09-13, 15:33   Link #14
blueinuyasha
look up thats me the sky!

Send a message via Yahoo to blueinuyasha
how about SCRAPPED PRINCESS it has action and some romance

KYOSHIRO TO TOWA NO SORA this anime has romance action and school life in it its like a fairy tale you should watch it i recomend this anime alot

kaze no stigma this anime is ok to
Old 2009-06-25, 07:32   Link #15
SamuraiSs

Thumbs up Must see!!!

Hakushaku to Yousei (Earl and Fairy) it's the great romance/action/fantasy anime!!!! and Rounin Kenshin, D.Gray-man, Tactics..
Old 2011-06-21, 18:03   Link #16
zax702

This ugly yet beautiful world

basicly its god romance and action but a TON of romance and a fair amount of action.
Closed Thread