AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 73 56.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 29.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-17, 14:42   Link #41
IMSabbel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I think its funny how the kira fanboys (=fascists) find new ways to accept their führers behaviour.

Now that he does a crime almost to cruel to comprehend (compulse somebody to commit sucide without leaving tracks), they start spouting that she was some kind of undermensch not worth living. Maybe a jew, too?
Mindsets are so alike.
IMSabbel is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 14:45   Link #42
vhx
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Wow this episode was great, suspense of this series is killin me.

I don't understand why people are saying Naomi is a bad FBI agent. She was the first person to realize that the busjacking had to do with Kira, not even L realized that (probably never even considered the fact). Not even Ray was smart enough to realize that. As someone mentioned before, Light totally played her and was smooth about it. He is the son of the police chief, helped solve numerous cases before, was even able to pull off saying he was part of the investigation. She wasn't stupid, she was very cautious in the beginning (fake name). Light made gaining her trust w/o looking suspicious easy. Only Light could of done this.

I will say, however that the snow falling at the end was such HUGE luck on Light's part, it's not even funny. If the investigator noticed Light talking to Naomi, and she was found dead, it would of been a red flag, especially if he is on the FBI investigation list. Although that isn't 100% sure, since he did write that she would never be found, so if she was never found it wouldn't have mattered much.

And yeah it was depressing to see such nice people getting killed off, especially since her fiancee is gone. However, anime speaking, if she wasn't killed, the series would end much quicker. I myself am rooting for Light, as the bad guy never wins in any anime, and would be an interesting twist. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Episode 8 please!
__________________
vhx is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 14:56   Link #43
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I still don't really understand why Light told her to kill herself in a way that wouldn't be found. It would have made more sense for him to write that she committed suicide and left a note detailing how depressed she was. That way even if someone remembered him talking to her, it wouldn't be suspicious. Naomi has family here. It's hard for me to imagine that they would just accept their daughter's disappearance.
musouka is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 15:11   Link #44
Angel407
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, London
Age: 26
Light definitely has gone a bit crazy on power, and like someone before said he's got God Complex, I can understand him killing off criminals even if I don't support it, and as someone said from a logical point of view it's not completely wrong.
However I still feel really bad for Naomi, poor women didn't deserve to die. But now that he's gone this far if she lives then ultimately he will be executed.
I thought it was quite good, how he managed to come up with a way to convince her to give her name to him, given the circumstances. And even if it's slightly unrealistic her trusting him so blinding, he was still a very good liar.
Angel407 is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 15:28   Link #45
Mashimaro
q8D
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I still don't really understand why Light told her to kill herself in a way that wouldn't be found. It would have made more sense for him to write that she committed suicide and left a note detailing how depressed she was. That way even if someone remembered him talking to her, it wouldn't be suspicious. Naomi has family here. It's hard for me to imagine that they would just accept their daughter's disappearance.

I think L would've caught onto that. Now L knows that Kira can control the actions of the people before death and doing something like writing a suicide letter is a tad strange. Especially since Naomi use to work under L as a FBI agent
Oh and that last part about the family. We'll have to wait abit longer to see if they actually report the daughter missing.
The moment the music stopped and everything got silent <3 Kiras glare = Win
Mashimaro is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 15:37   Link #46
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
But L doesn't know that Kira can kill people in ways other than a heart attack, so at this point he has no cause to be suspicious of Naomi dying.

It's more suspicious if someone notes the fact that Naomi had information to give to the police, and the last person she was seen talking to was Light. But if her suicide is obvious and Light mentions that she talked to him, but says she wouldn't tell him what she wanted to tell the task force, then almost all suspicion is diverted.
musouka is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 15:41   Link #47
EragonJeriel
heh
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Its cool

Spoiler for title:

Last edited by EragonJeriel; 2006-11-18 at 14:55.
EragonJeriel is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 16:48   Link #48
myopius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Type it like [spoiler="Spoiler title."]Spoiler text.[/spoiler]. You may really want to re-read the rules on the first post of this topic, at http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...42&postcount=1 . Just in case you weren't aware, what occurs in the episode that the episode topic is for and all previous episode doesn't need to be put into spoilers, for instance.

The public doesn't know information such as that Kira kills people by obtaining information from the media, and that he needs either a name or face to kill, just that criminals die of heart attacks. So, neither does Naomi.

Just out of habit, she provided a fake name; it's reasonable for her to do so, since that way if someone found out that she was asking questions they couldn't trace those question back to her. However, I suspect that halfway into the conversation she already wished she had spoken her real name since as she became more comfortable around Light she probably came to realize that he wasn't just some stranger, but someone with whom she would do well to establish mutual trust. And whether or not Light seemed trustworty is entirely subjective, by the way, especially since his smallest actions take on a whole new meaning if you see him speaking to Naomi knowing he's Kira.

I have yet to watch this episode because for some reason no one on the hub has it yet and the server I torrent from is down, but I very much look forward to watching it. It seems to be really riling people up.
myopius is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 17:29   Link #49
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY
Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow I can't remember a show where I've wanted a character (Light) to get killed off this badly. Which would be hard since he's the main character. But seriously the guy is about as twisted and disturbing as you can get. I really don't think this is about justice anymore, more like being about covering his tail and having fun killing people.
I couldn't agree more. I commend you for seeing through Light's facade of 'justice.' He killed about 15 innocent people in the last 3 episodes not including all countless innocent people in jail. Light's a monster and while it was hella' entertaining to see him outsmart Naomi he's still an evil bastard.
juri_miki is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 18:13   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Light being a 'evil bastard' is what makes the guy so amazingly to see in action. L might just be as smart - but nothing can beat watching Light in action. He was in full-swing for episode 07.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 18:21   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
But L doesn't know that Kira can kill people in ways other than a heart attack, so at this point he has no cause to be suspicious of Naomi dying.

It's more suspicious if someone notes the fact that Naomi had information to give to the police, and the last person she was seen talking to was Light. But if her suicide is obvious and Light mentions that she talked to him, but says she wouldn't tell him what she wanted to tell the task force, then almost all suspicion is diverted.
L isnt dumb...im sure he will find the connection to firstly ray's death and now the death of his fiancee naomi...
coincidences dont happen the often and having worked with naomi, L should have already known that she isnt the type to give up...let alone do something a irrational as commiting suicide...
and its the fact that the last person seen with her was light which makes him suspicious...hes going to get his hands full trying to figure a way out of this if L catches on...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 18:25   Link #52
Renji
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Soul society..
This seires just keeps getting better, when Light kept going and going trying to get her name, i was like shut it, keep your mouth shut woman, but alas Light was to good, to think that Ray and Naomi were both killed in a flawless fashion, the moment when Ray looked through the train doors, and the moment when Naomi had 5 seconds to think about her mistake, Light has turned evil, killing anybody who gets in his way, innocent or not he shows no mercy, but its an art to see him in action.
Renji is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 18:55   Link #53
michaelman90
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I don't know why everyone is complaining that either Light did something wrong or Naomi was stupid to give him her identity. Remember that in the beginning she WAS cautious and didn't give him her real name. The only reason she gave Light her real name was because he had been chipping away at her suspicion the whole time he was with her and in the end, given the circumstances, I'm sure almost everyone here would have done the same thing as she did. Also, telling her to commit suicide where it won't be noticed for a long time is a lot better than doing it conspicuously. With L as your adversary, leaving the body around to be noticed would be foolish.

On a side note, I'm making Light's face when he told her that he was Kira my avy. Just can't get over it.."Kore wa desu ne...Kira dakara."
michaelman90 is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 18:56   Link #54
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Light was obviously the villian of the story when he killed the fake L.

Making a utopia is just a "reason". What he's really all about is smiting those who dare challenge God.

1. "Killin' criminals, killin' criminals...everybody's talking about me bwuhahaha!"
2. "You want to catch me, L?!?! DIE!!!! A FAKE !%$!$! DARE YOU DEFY GOD I KILL KILL KILL YOU!!!"
3. "FBI agent FLLOWING ME A GOD?!?! FEEL TERROR AND DIE LIKE AN ANT!!!"
4. "Sorry, woman you know too much bwuhahaha...FAKE NAME?!?! GRRRR!!!! GOT YOU GOT YOU GOT YOU WHO'S THE BOSS, WHO IS THE GOD!!! ME!!!! NO GO DIE!!"
GUTB_ is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 19:52   Link #55
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY
Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelman90 View Post
I don't know why everyone is complaining that either Light did something wrong or Naomi was stupid to give him her identity.
Well everyone is probably ragging on Naomi is because she should have known better as someone who worked in the FBI and had only been away from the force for like...how long? Three months was it?

My thing wasn't even just that she gave him her name, it's the fact that she let him on all that information in the first place. That was a lot she let a civilian on. This was way before he even lied to her. I think that she should've known better, but I guess not since she had the biggest idiot in the world for a fiance.
juri_miki is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 19:54   Link #56
myopius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Finally saw this. This has to be 10x better than I believed it could be.

Spoiler for For some reason, I would regret if someone who hadn't seen the episode yet heard this, even though there's no reason to put episode content in spoilerss...:


Yes, when they draw it out like that, no wonder everyone hates Light. Well, I suppose he is a bastard, to deceive someone who is only his enemy under certain circumstances in order to kill them and then gloat about it.
myopius is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 20:27   Link #57
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki View Post
My thing wasn't even just that she gave him her name, it's the fact that she let him on all that information in the first place. That was a lot she let a civilian on. This was way before he even lied to her. I think that she should've known better, but I guess not since she had the biggest idiot in the world for a fiance.
That's a good point. Why would she even talk about that information with someone she doesn't know, even if it is the Chief's son. That makes me think everything happened even more conveniently and renders the storyline a bit unlikely.
Trax is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 20:58   Link #58
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
That's a good point. Why would she even talk about that information with someone she doesn't know, even if it is the Chief's son. That makes me think everything happened even more conveniently and renders the storyline a bit unlikely.
Well, Light has been a bit conveniently lucky on more than a few occassions, but I suppose his luck adds another (if unbelievable) element to his character and his role as a god-like figure.

But, I disagree with those that say that Light had no reason to kill Ray Penbar and the other FBI agents. His reason was simple: he wanted to get closer to L. It's pretty obvious that Light is a sociopath and he's willing to use people's lives as pawns in his game against L (L also being someone who's willing to throw away people's lives to find Kira, eg Lind L Tailor, ep 2). I wouldn't say he's justified in doing it, but he has reasoned it out and it isn't just an act of revenge for inconveniencing him. Killing Naomi was a necessary move for Light, though. And the tension and suspence that they managed to generate in this episode was incredible.

Personally I'm of the opinion that Light's greatest motive at the moment isn't his ideal criminal-free utopia or even to kill those who oppose him: it's to beat L. I think that's what drives him more than anything else to do what he's done in most recent eps (ie, FBI agents, Naomi, etc etc).
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 21:05   Link #59
Kineas
Standing Alone.
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 30
A point about Naomi's gullibility. Firstly, we watch the episode with the benefit of hindsight. Thus we already know that Light is Kira, and is actively plotting to kill her as soon as he knows she has a lead. Naomi has no idea that Light is Kira, as she just sees a high school student, a son of the police chief. There's no special reason for suspecting Light is Kira as she does not know that Light was on that bus where the busjacking occurred.

You know, Naomi is still behaving rationally in the episode. The reason that she was a trained FBI agent is being used by some posters to rationalise why she shouldnt have given away her name to strangers so freely, but that is faulty logic.

1) Naomi is sad at Ray's death, but not paranoid. Why should Naomi go around giving fake names to random 'normal' people they meet?
2) Naomi has no idea Kira kills with a name and face; L hasn't told the world yet.

I would also agree with some posters with their post-modern definition of good and evil. Good and evil, are basically stereotypes that we accept and live by. So when measuring life by the yardstick of rationality and biological impulses (to do what that makes us feels good, considering both short and long term consequences), it is hard to argue that Kira is the incarnation of absolute evil or "Hitler" reincarnated, when you compare it to L's actions.

1) Light will kill people who get into the way of his plan to remake the world. (FBI, Ray, Naomi, L, criminals)
2) L has no qualms about sacrificing people too. (Lind L. Taylor, and if you argue that Lind's already on death row, then just what exactly makes L better than Light? That L is a selective killer? In that case, L is just what Light was on episode 1.)
3)The "Light's father's police squad" is clearly the most ethical group here, but they're forced to break rules too. (Working outside laws and regulations with L, what they did in episode 7, etc.) If they don't break these rules, they'll be unable to achieve their ethical goal of stopping Kira.

Therefore the common strand: Rules and regulations are being broken by all 3 parties to achieve their goals. Would Light's father (most moral in the story, as said by author) sacrifice an innocent to catch Kira, if the consequence of not doing so was that Kira would never be caught? We don't know, and we won't know. Just because he hasn't had to make the choice doesn't mean that he will make the ethical choice.
L and Light has had to make such a decision already, and we all knew what they chose, which was to further their progress in reaching their respective goals. (Yes, Light is a few steps ahead of L in terms of a lack of morality.)
Kineas is offline  
Old 2006-11-17, 21:23   Link #60
Vicke
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Svea
Age: 31
Great episode! It sure was a close call for Light, I didnt think Naomi would fall for Lights tricks. I understand why Ruyko follows him around, Light is evil awesomeness
Vicke is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.