AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2003-12-31, 00:59   Link #1
kekela98a

Question One Piece Movie 4: Dead End no Bouken

I just dl movie 4 posted on 12/30 and couldn't get it to run at all. It would load up on my media player, but it would start playing. Any solutions?

thanks
kekela98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 01:38   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I haven't tried to play this yet, but through much trial and error, tested upon countless newbies (who don't know how to read the "sticky" important threads) we have found a simple and quick solution that will fix at least 98% of all problems that we see. I expect it will work on your problem as well.

Uninstall all your codecs. Trust me. All of them:
Uninstall DivX.
Uninstall XviD.
Uninstall ffdshow.
Especially uninstall any Codec packs, They are Evil!

Download and install ffdshow. You'll find it listed as [Level 1] on the Media Configuration Guide.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 03:14   Link #3
Chronissz

The translation in this fansub is HORRIBLE. I can officially say this is the worst translation I have ever seen in any anime fansub ever. Its insulting to OP to rls something like this, DO NOT WATCH THIS.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 04:46   Link #4
Jn183

Guess I will be waiting then

Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 06:47   Link #5
sakura_chan

One Piece Movie 4?????

Last edited by xris; 2003-12-31 at 11:36. Reason: Merged threads as I could see no reason for this one
sakura_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 10:14   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Just checked it out. It's real. It just starts out by going straight into the action rather than the opening.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 10:21   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, it is a horrible subbing and quality job. I'll definately wait for K-F.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 11:20   Link #8
sakura_chan

Yeah, now I've completed and checked again and it it real, I guess there were some problems with my mplayer..
sakura_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 11:22   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
It wasn't that bad at all.
The quality and the subs were very good IMO. It's worth seeing PX version now and delete it later when the K-F version comes out.

Even though this movie is the best of the 4.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 11:25   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

It wasn't necessary to make this topic at all. There's already a topic about Movie 4, and some posts in the announcement topic.

But yes, it do work. And the quality was very good, IMO (not a K-F, but really worth watching).

EDITING: wow, the threads were merged. Cool

Last edited by Vicious; 2003-12-31 at 14:05.
Old 2003-12-31, 13:15   Link #11
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Well Vicious, I kinda agree with you. I think if you just can't wait then go ahead and download it but IMO you should wait for the K-F version because it will be much better. (Sub quality wise)
Old 2004-01-01, 17:39   Link #12
Shinasuki
Captain Smoker

Send a message via AIM to Shinasuki
hmm, I watched movie 4 but I really wish I wouldn't have. I would wait for the K-F release... You spend all your time trying to figure out how to relate the text at the bottom of the screen to what is actually going on

But my actual video works fine... except for the subs coming up about a second late... that happen to anyone else?
Old 2004-01-01, 18:47   Link #13
Lulu
~ Wakka's Woman ~

The timing is just off a bit on the subs I think, rather than it being a problem with the player. Some lines weren't subbed at all or timed wrong. I know it was the subber's first anime release and an effort at giving to the One Piece community, so I can't be too hard on him.
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 13:36   Link #14
lt_shiro

After what episode should I watch this movie?
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 13:41   Link #15
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_shiro
After what episode should I watch this movie?
After episode 146 and before episode 147, which weren't even subbed yet. Even though it's important to point out the movies are like side-off stories, they don't affect the anime nor the manga at all.
Old 2004-01-03, 17:04   Link #16
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

Just had a chance to watch it now. The video quality was quite good, and the translation was decent and watchable if you don't nitpick about everything. As someone already pointed out subbing had some quality issues: the timing was off, some lines weren't subbed, and speech from multiple characters would be shoved altogether on the same screen... so you kinda had to keep your eye on who was moving their lips so you knew who was saying what.

The one thing I have to nitpick about is.. how could he mess up the translations of the bounties? The poster clearly says 30,000,000 .. then a moment later he translates it as 300000.

All in all.. it's worth watching if you're up to speed with the manga, otherwise it'll probably be atleast a year before K-F will release it seeing as it's after the Arabasta arc.
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 17:09   Link #17
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeName
The one thing I have to nitpick about is.. how could he mess up the translations of the bounties? The poster clearly says 30,000,000 .. then a moment later he translates it as 300000.

All in all.. it's worth watching if you're up to speed with the manga, otherwise it'll probably be atleast a year before K-F will release it seeing as it's after the Arabasta arc.
They translated it wrong. At the time, Luffy was worth B$30 million beli.

I take back some of my words The video quality was quite good, but the subs were horrible. Out of time, and translated wrongly (some passages weren't even translated).
Old 2004-01-06, 07:25   Link #18
Tenchi_Le
Inactive Member

I m lost is the torrent gone. I guess it is because mine couldnt connect to the tracker. but I wonder now if it really is worst downloading.. Afer what i have read so far i think i should wait.. And is one piece movie three the same as thew special?
Tenchi_Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 09:16   Link #19
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi_Le
I m lost is the torrent gone. I guess it is because mine couldnt connect to the tracker. but I wonder now if it really is worst downloading.. Afer what i have read so far i think i should wait.. And is one piece movie three the same as thew special?
Uh... no
The Special is just the Special, aired on TV years ago. It's a side-off story like the movies, but it isn't a movie after all.

Movie 4 has just been released by PK. K-F has subbed Movies 1 and 2 so far, because they haven't reached the episodes when the movie was released (they always release a movie after a certain episode according toi its release in Japan). The Movie 3 is the worst of the 4, IMO. A poor story and poors characters, it's not cool at all.

And yes, we need a FAQ for these kind of things... Bremm-san started one, but we need a sticky FAQ topic for these kind of questions...
Old 2004-01-06, 16:28   Link #20
The dreamer

this film is really good yes ^^
but don't dll it !
the translation is really a shit ! not only the timiong, but some sentenses are "forgotten", and some translations are wriecked ...
the video is really dark too ithink ! Indeed a HK dvd ripp whithout fansubber ! the worst solution ever made !
The dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote