AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 267 59.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 122 27.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 7.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 2.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.33%
Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-12, 19:01   Link #1
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Code Geass R2 - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Code Geass R2, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Note that because Code Geass is licensed, the following apply as well:
  • Asking where you can find Code Geass downloads.
  • Providing links to Code Geass downloads.
  • Discussing Code Geass fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Code Geass.
  • Asking for playback help for Code Geass episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
note: Poll is closed until the episode airs in Japan, for obvious reasons.
  • Episode 2 will be broadcast this 13th april at 5:00 PM (Japan Time Zone),
    which means this 13th april at 9:00AM (GMT 00).
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:06   Link #2
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, this should be a good episode.

Introduction of the Vincent, Zero's comeback speech, and some answers on what happened a year ago.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:09   Link #3
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm wondering if we should lock this thread till about an hour before the broadcast though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-12, 19:11   Link #4
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What? Things got a little out there last time before the episode actually aired, though part of that I attribute to the fact that the show was finally starting again and people were just excited.

Old 2008-04-12, 19:14   Link #5
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Certainly, I begin to think that Episode Threads for Code Geass should be created the latest possible.
I still think letting it open for public for few hours would be nice enough to discuss about expectations, but if things are oveboard, it will be bluntly made just few moment (or even at the right time) before the episode actually airs.

Please do not make any trend fest like in the previous thread (such like episode airs at X:00 for me!) otherwise, delete or lock thread will ensue.
Thank you.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:18   Link #6
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Alright then. Well, most of this episode will probably be about Lelouch and the others getting out of the tower though we'll also get some more scenes with Li from the looks of things. The very end will probably be Zero's speech along with reactions from various people like the Order members around him, the ones currently in hiding (Diethard will probably have a look of glee), Suzaku, the Emperor maybe though I don't think he watches television, Guildford, and maybe some of the students at Ashford.

This episode might also feature some action with the Lancelot as well as an explanation on what happened last year.

Old 2008-04-12, 19:23   Link #7
Kusaja

I suppose a lot of that excitement will still remain, barely below the surface, but I hope that things will settle down a bit this time around.

Now, what do I expect? A brief review of the events after last season's finale, if possible from Zero's point of view (until he lost his memory, so it's not exactly going to be long), and a little (a comment or two) more information on the one year time jump, probably from the perspective of the other characters.

Of course, the episode will have to deal with current events as well, especially the escape from the Tower, the battle with the incoming troops as seen during the preview, what Suzaku is doing and so forth, but I think it can find the time to give us those extra details as well.

I'm not asking for an answer to everything, by the way. Just more information than we already have, including a bit of confirmation or expansion for certain spoilers.

That's pretty much all I have to say until the episode airs, so nothing more from me here until then.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2008-04-12 at 20:46.
Kusaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:26   Link #8
ashlay
the red string of fate

always sort of amazing that the show moves at this kind of speed. I mean looking at just the preview from last week, we've got Lelouch and co. fighting off Britannia and eventually the Vincent, Lee starting some more incidents with the Britannians (I keep wondering if somehow he's already in cahoots with the Order. Though that makes the timing seem almost too good) Some flashback to Suzaku and the Emperor meeting, and then we've still got about 3-5 minutes for Zero to make some kind of triumphant return. >_>

Yeah, this episode is definitely looking like a very good one, I think it will make for quite a wild ride.
Old 2008-04-12, 19:31   Link #9
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i really hope they fill in the gaps between s1 and s2 here in this ep. i'll be greatly disappointed otherwise.

plus i wanna see more of what Suzaku's up to.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:32   Link #10
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Does anyone know who wrote this episode? Is it Okouchi?

I'm glad that things are moving pretty fast though I worry we'll run into some of the pacing problems we had in season 1 at times.

Old 2008-04-12, 19:37   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Certainly, I begin to think that Episode Threads for Code Geass should be created the latest possible.
I still think letting it open for public for few hours would be nice enough to discuss about expectations, but if things are oveboard, it will be bluntly made just few moment (or even at the right time) before the episode actually airs.

Please do not make any trend fest like in the previous thread (such like episode airs at X:00 for me!) otherwise, delete or lock thread will ensue.
Thank you.

I dont think thats going to happen again . That was the first episode and every one was excited about it.
Old 2008-04-12, 20:00   Link #12
fruitcage
<3

@Klashikari - That just excitment and whatnot from the premier. lol I doubt much of that will happen this time.

Hopefully this episode will answer some important answers such as what happened with Lelouch, the Emperor, and Suzaku. I wonder if they will also conclude the cave dilema.

Also, I wonder if they will begin to show Kallen's feelings toward Lelouch since they're all together again and since she's wearing his academy jacket.

An information thick episode indeed.

Off topic - Anyway looking foward to some golf before R2
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 20:06   Link #13
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
Also, I wonder if they will begin to show Kallen's feelings toward Lelouch since they're all together again and since she's wearing his academy jacket.
Does she have to have feelings for him? Either way, this will probably be one of those little signs they are giving us, though it could also be them giving each girl some scenes. It depends on how that whole thing goes down though.

Old 2008-04-12, 20:12   Link #14
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Does she have to have feelings for him? Either way, this will probably be one of those little signs they are giving us, though it could also be them giving each girl some scenes. It depends on how that whole thing goes down though.
True, this could either be one of these big scene where she shows some kind of emotion, or the battle to escape will take precidence and the whole emotion thing comes another episode like the aftermath or even in EP5.
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 20:14   Link #15
CJL13
God of his own ego

I don't think we'll find out about what happened in the cave till towards the end.
Old 2008-04-12, 20:16   Link #16
KrimzonStriker

We've got indicators of what happened, what with the 'present' scene in the extended version of the preview for Episode 2 >_>
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 20:16   Link #17
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
I don't think we'll find out about what happened in the cave till towards the end.
Of the episode or the series? The preview shows season 1 Suzaku with Lelouch restrained in front of the Emperor. I'd say we are going to get most of what happened this episode.

Old 2008-04-12, 20:19   Link #18
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Hmm actually my guess its going to play out like Episode 2 in season 1 just like with ep 1. In other words fighting and battles might ensue for most of the episode with a cliff hanger like ending with Lelouch either

a) going into some flashblack explaining what happend

or

B) The new Governor get a pistol shot in the head. Which is OK by me since I hate the racist biggot.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 20:21   Link #19
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, a lot of it will certainly be battles though we are going to get info on what happened a year ago as well as Zero's reintroduction.

Old 2008-04-12, 20:23   Link #20
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I think the excitement is still there it's just people know too many unimportant statements were made in the first episode.

What I think will happen is a big insight into Kallen and Suzaku's possible personality changes, the whole scene of what happened at the Mexican standoff. I really don't want to say much else in case I turn out to be right, which might take some of the entertainment away.