AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 14:17   Link #41
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Old 2007-04-02, 15:06   Link #42
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
[..]I just seriously hope they don't go down the shoujo ai route - can't two girls just be close friends? In fact, all girls I know must be lesbians due to how close they are with their friends. [..]
Lol. Come on, there really aren't *that* many yuri anime out there. Compare them with the harem flow, and it really is close to nothing (and don't tell me that this is obvious cause it's het, no thanks, harem is a fetish).

I actually anticipated this series the most off the huge list of Spring Season 2007. Why? No clue, I watched the trailer and liked it.

So, now, the first episode didn't disappoint me, although I didn't really get all of what was going on in the raw.
The OP and ED songs could've been catchier though, kind of.. I don't feel like buying the singles if/when they get released.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 23:20   Link #43
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 1 and I'm beginning to like it. Story-wise is...really cute. Animation is really good too.
Spoiler:

This is the 3rd anime I've seen that I wanna watch. Let's see....Hitohira, CLANNAD, and Touka Gettan
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 12:44   Link #44
BiZz
God ?

Well the 2nd episode is out ^_^

But it is more difficult to understand than the first one, there is more dialogue xD
Somebody can summarize this episode, please

I only know

Spoiler:
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 14:48   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Spoiler for ep2 summary:
As for the episode, it was less dramatic than ep1, but still weaves a spell for me. Mugi and Nono are great, with seiyuu at opposite ends of the professionalism scale. And I'm beginning to like Risaki, whose voice and delivery I really couldn't stand in ep1. I've read ahead in the manga, and there is more and more going on.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 15:07   Link #46
BiZz
God ?

Thank you very much !!!
You help me a lot
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:06   Link #47
mintyfresh
Altoid

I'm really liking this show. Everything seems so authentic.
..And I didn't even watch the first episode until a while after it first aired. Now that I'm going to have to wait a whole week between episodes, which will be torture.. (;´Д`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Mugi and Nono are great, with seiyuu at opposite ends of the professionalism scale.
Tell me about it (well put, by the by). And I'm really glad they were given the roles they were, instead of perhaps the other way around. It really makes the two shine, if not only in different ways than they have before (but then again, what has Ayako Kawasumi not done..?).

And speaking of seiyuu, while watching this episode, I was trying to think forever where the heck I've heard Chitose's voice before. Granted, when I checked the site, it turned out to be someone I've never even heard of before (Emi Yabusaki, to be exact), kinda strange since she sounded so seasoned. I really like when that happens -- it really shows a lot of hope for newer seiyuu, and is actually the second time this has happened to me this year (the first time being Ayahi Takagaki as Lucia from VVV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And I'm beginning to like Risaki, whose voice and delivery I really couldn't stand in ep1. I've read ahead in the manga, and there is more and more going on.
*sigh..*
Had I not been asked to drive my father to the airport this evening, I can assure you I wouldn't be here. I'd be at Kinokuniya or something, scavenging for any volumes of this I could find. That's how much I couldn't wait for the next ep. But I decided to be patient, and wait for the anime. ...And then I get this.

Now you're just being mean, Kaoru. You're mean. Q(><
Old 2007-04-04, 21:55   Link #48
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Seen episode 2.
Spoiler for Mugi's fantasies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep2 summary:
Kaoru Chujo, in Mugi's conversation with Kayo,
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Rest of episode 2:

Some random comments:
  • I'm loving Mugi's voice, like, when, she, talks, in a, halting, manner
  • I remember seeing a character like Nono, but I just can't put my finger on it (especially the smirk).
  • The bridge! It's really out of place.
  • Spoiler for play title:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-04-07 at 21:36. Reason: Added the last bullet for random comments
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 15:51   Link #49
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Having watched the first episode of this series it definitely has me interested in watching more. My only real worry is with the character growth. Mainly in terms of Mugi. Granted yes I do like her as she is right now, but if she fails to have any real growth then the show could feel like a letdown. Either way at the very least I'll be watching episode 2. Well later on anyway.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:16   Link #50
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 21:37   Link #51
Juhachi
Uguu~

I have started to watch this series, though it doesn't seem too interesting. Perhaps it'll get better in the next few episodes?

Last edited by Juhachi; 2007-04-05 at 23:26.
Juhachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 00:28   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Liked the first ep, though it seemed a bit derivative. Was anyone else reminded of Tonagura in the visual style and character design? I don't believe there's any crossover in that area...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 00:30   Link #53
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, caught the first ep.

This is the type of series that I especially dig. Character-focused, light-on-plot, slow-paced, realistic-setting. I don't see this being an exceptionally brilliant series, but I'd be very surprised if I didn't find it entertaining. People are reminded of Tsuyokiss for some reason (the only comparison between that and this is the drama club link, other than that they're very different series, IMO). I'm actually reminded of Nodame Cantabile. The central premise pretty much completely surrounds the main character's flaw, and the focus of the series is how she (or 'he' in NC) overcomes it thanks largely to the people that surround her. I don't see this being as good as that (funnily enough, I was sure Nodame Cantabile was going to be good after it's first episode, but I had no idea just how good it turned out to be), but it's a premise-type that only goes wrong when it's grossly mishandled, so I can't see too many immediate reasons not to be optimistic about this show. I just hope the Nishida sibling antics don't get played out too often for comic relief, since it's the type of thing that can wear thin very quickly if used too often.

Kudos to Kawasumi Ayako as well. I really think she's come into her own over the last couple of years.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 04:51   Link #54
mouhitori

Just watched episode 2 and they managed to build up the story and characters quite well, I think.
For the bridge, I am guessing they would have at least one shot of it in every episode, under different lighting and weather

Some summary and caps of eps. II
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 05:23   Link #55
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It has superbly cute characters so I have to at least give it a watch ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 07:06   Link #56
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Watched first episode, and I'm on the opinion that this show has potential, but hasn't shown not even 20% of it yet.
I liked the first half, with that successfull comedic attempt at the beginning, and I also appreciated some good lines in the dialogue between Mugi and Kayo near the fountain. On the other hand I found the second half rather slow, like it pushed too much on certain points that didn't need such an emphasys as they were sufficiently clear (especially Mugi's fear (let's say, of everything?) ). And then of course several things were shown but not yet explained (to say two: what is the Drama Researching Club and what they do in it? What's with the past on the Drama Club leader - the one who played the main role on the acting - ?)

As for associations with other shows, Da Capo (but just for the cherry trees) and yes, Tsuyokiss was actually the first coming in mind, but just for the drama club. Sunao and Mugi are opposite characters, and I'm not sure if there will be romance for the latter. In that case, I see both options possible, the show hinted either a male-female (Kai) or either a female-female (Nono) relationship as possible, even though I doubt that would be the main focus. I expect the plot to stay on Mugi's development.

At the moment, I can only say I'm looking forward to watch episode 2 for the progresses I expect to take place. This highly seems to be one kind of series that needs a bit in order to get its pieces together and well, and I'll wait for that to happen.
Old 2007-04-06, 11:03   Link #57
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Here's a listing of VA for Hitohira

Ayako Kawasumi as Nono Ichinose
Orie Kimoto as Mugi Asai
Daisuke Kishio as Kai Nishida
Emi Yabusaki as Chitose Kanna
Ken Narita as Takashi Katsuragi
Kyoko Hikami as Risaki Nishida
Miho Miyagawa as Kayo Touyama
Satsuki Yukino as Mirei Sakaki

For some unknown reason, i m interested in this after episode 1. Maybe it's the yuri vibe i get from Nono x Mugi? Or my curiousity on how Mugi will handle being in a drama club when she has stage fright?
Old 2007-04-06, 21:24   Link #58
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Just finished the first episode and I have to say I really like it, but that isnt a huge shocker to me since I enjoyed peto-peto heh. But the somewhat slow and gentle feel of the show coupled with some nice animation made it a very enjoyable watch. Nono in particular interested me...Seems like its been awhile since I saw a seemingly genuinely kind and gentle person that didnt fall into that older sibling/parent role.

Still not 100% sure how the Brooklyn bridge got moved to japan though, but oh well.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:46   Link #59
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I'm glad I actually looked up this series instead of dubbing it as "generic moe anime" like I was about to. The premise is actually pretty interesting for a slice-of-life anime - this could be a great "personal journey" type story, though I'm kind of paranoid that the "main character finding it difficult to speak" will be executed as more of a "moe" thing than "serious" thing.
Same here, I first saw some short description of the series and I thought "Oh, good, another moe-show I will not be watching". Then I came along Kaoru's blog and read some more, gave the show a chance and after one watched episode I am glad I did, it does have potential. And yes, I am paranoid that the moe level might rise, too.

As far as I am concerned yuri vibes are a good thing but I am not going to complain (much) if things remain on the subtext level and not move to yuri relationships.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 12:26   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

episode 3 raw

I'm sitting here with actual tears in my eyes. Not sad, just moved by the characters. This show is hitting all the right notes, for me.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-11 at 12:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen, slice of life