AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 30.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-25, 12:04   Link #21
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Heh, yeah, Negi seems to have more of a spine when it comes to kissing in this. He's much more up tight about it in the manga, doncha think? Personally, I like it. I think that, at this point, it makes for a stronger main character.

...Not philosopical questions - Just what I have to remind myself every time I walk into a room..
Old 2006-11-25, 12:31   Link #22
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
i'm a bit sceptical about negi interpretation in ?! series.
i feel negi more like a weakling, a fragile summoner who can only trust on his partners strength and nothing else.

sure he has effective spells, but the weakness is more psychological : in fact, i feel negi a bit helpless (due the fact he don't have a real goal to begin with : he is not seeking for his father, thousand master (come to think of it, he was barely mentionned, and even not supposed to be missing. and he sounds to have some connection to the star crystal theft.), and also, he doesn't seem to be concerned about being a good teacher and magister).

he doesn't have this brilliant resolution he was supposed to have. (no KOOL lone business mode, no berserking entries etc).

*sigh* i really need to separate ?! with the original serie, but it's too hard, because of the anime quality >_<

this is only my opinion, but i was thinking about it for a moment (this is the most revelant "character change", along with Setsuna and asuna personnality and backstory changes.)
Old 2006-11-25, 15:22   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
aye its true that negi seems to be loosing it as a kid who tries to become stronger...from what i see hes already strong and isnt inclined to improve much more unlike the original...
also i dont get much of a sense of feel for the place being of a school environment...the atmosphere is messed up >.<
also the plot so far has been random and its hard to see where things are going...unless its comes and smacks you in the face...
but in views it is unique and different...the writers are having a mess about with the story and changes my memories of the original...like how setsuna was never that close to konoka in the original...

so still these two series are very different the way its heading...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-25, 15:49   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post
ending< singers changed again,
who now, does someone know?
Yeah, the new singers for the ED this time were the VAs for Yue, Haruna, and Nodoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Hey is it just me or did anyone notice the OP for the song Sparkling1000% got a lot faster all of a sudden?
I don't think so... I think it's just that it reverted back to the first version of the OP, which has the driving guitar as opposed to the piano.
Old 2006-11-25, 16:22   Link #25
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
aye aye... finally saw the raw...
the randomness of this episode was explosive as usual (laugh hard with sestuna becoming for some instant a shinmeiryuu bookworm )

but the best part of this episode is the Meganekko eye catchs !!! (asuna was unexpectly sexy with theses, while makie was just moe ^__^ . negi was so cute it was also funny with his expression XD)

the inexpected random end was excellent too (chun li parody, with the cheap nikuman trick my stomach hurts XD)

OP : i compared it with the first version, and it is the same. i guess that after the other version, reverting back to the first one gives some impressions of speed (especially the speech tone, content and voices : several sentence were overwritting the background music tempo because of the lenght of these)

ED : haruna's seyuu was really good (especially with the ayiaa part), but is it me or does she have some kind of accent? (i sensed this when she is dubbing haruna)

note : no "what should i do" weakling quote for negi this episode... good grief ~~
Old 2006-11-25, 16:52   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I'm so glad I don't know the previous series or the manga. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing "messed up" about this show at all. It's pure win. The visual aspect around the twins' contract was just amazing, with the high view and the white and the pastel colors, and the pulsing circles.

But the story definitely takes second place to the brilliant visual invention and great, almost musical, pacing, and the lovely characters and their interactions. Maybe it's more Shinbou than Akatsuki, but I haven't heard of the mangaka complaining, so perhaps he's cool with the revolutionary interpretation, like a singer who likes to do his songs differently each time.

I'm not sure how popular this will be as a 5:30 pm anime, though. It seems to be hovering around a 2.0 viewer share, which isn't great for that time-slot.

The ED in 8 is sung by Ishige Sawa (Haruna), Kuwatani Natsuko (Yue) and Noto Mamiko (Nodoka), according to the on-screen end credits...as relentlessflame said, but I can't stand not to see their actual names mentioned. Ishige Sawa plays Yuma and Yuna in PaniPoni; Kuwatani Natsuko was Suiseiseki in Rozen Maiden and Alph in Nanoha; and Noto-kawaii-yo-Noto is the Jigoku Shoujo, Shimako in Marimite, Nina/Anna in Monster, etc. etc.

Ishige Sawa, Kuwatani Natsuko, and Noto Mamiko:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-25 at 17:07.
Old 2006-11-26, 12:46   Link #27
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The visual aspect around the twins' contract was just amazing, with the high view and the white and the pastel colors, and the pulsing circles.
Definitely agree with on that, as the pastel colors definitely results in the twins being much cuter than usual (yeah, while some people do find the twins to be kawaii, to me, it's not as kawaii when compared to Negi and Nodoka).
Old 2006-12-12, 23:01   Link #28
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Sub for Episode 8 is out - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40119 - Thanks again to Mahora.
Old 2006-12-12, 23:23   Link #29
myopius

Yeah, I think I read someone say this somewhere, but it's really too bad this looks like a show where Negi will be exchanging provisional contracts with all the girls. I think they did a good job increasing the flavor of certain characters in the remake, but that was way too spontaneous and unwarranted a situation, when he did the contract with those two girls who had just half an episode of goofy childish antics to bolster their significance in the story as a whole. I would've liked it if they'd only had provisional contracts with characters who have been clearly developed by that point, and for a substantial purpose. Plus, those two characters are among my least favorite, for the simple reason that I hate kids (no, lol, it's just that their antics are pointless in the context of everything else that happens, and I don't find them cute, therefore it's just an empty experience to see them).

Anyway, the series continues to have that unique charm . The random insanity was a bit overpronounced/frequent this episode, however. Oh yeah, and it seems to me that the fan service is still just as present as in the first series, but now it's smarter, you know? Which is excellent, since I'm entertained by that extra element but am just annoyed when I see "panty shots" or other cliched scenes.
Old 2006-12-13, 01:54   Link #30
ImClueless
Rawr

I guess this series is seriously going to allow Negi to pactio with the whole class. He seems to be getting used to the kisses now.
Old 2006-12-13, 10:12   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my - its TUXEDO MASK!

The random level for this episode was over the top, which is a very good thing considering the nature of this show. I want Setsuna's hat. :3

The end battle between Chao & Ku Fei was also pretty genius - its good to see best friends like that fight in a 2D style.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-13 at 10:33.
Old 2006-12-13, 11:32   Link #32
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh my - its TUXEDO MASK!
Absolutely! TUXEDO KAMEN ZOMG!!!!!!

The part after the opening was a little boring in comparition to the rest of the episode, but overall it was a win ep.
Walking club nice one

But im a little worried about Negi getting a pactio with the whole class. I hope that the director/makers have enough creativity to make artifacs/cards for everyone without screwing up the essense of the chars.
Old 2006-12-13, 11:54   Link #33
Kisuke06
I see...

This episode was very good. So much randomness, I almost died in that "IT'S A PLOT TWIST" scene, it was just hilarious. I laugh so much, I couldn't even breathe. XD
Old 2006-12-13, 12:02   Link #34
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I like how they journey down to the depths of the Library Island. It makes me wonder...how big is that library anyway? That old man Yamada is kinda random though.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-13, 13:29   Link #35
Tren Mashidar

Overall I really like the feeling of this series, more so than the Manga, as of Vol 10 at least, and of the last anime version.

I suppose it's the little things that make it different. The art style and direction is more enjoyable for me. While I might not of really cared for the Twins to make a Pactio with Negi, how the whole scene looked art-wise was really great. Add in the fact that the music always seems to fit the mood for these types of things, at least to me.

Negi does not really seem that weak to me, he seems abit more sure of himself in his abilities really. He's not shy about kissing for a pactio, but does show that the thoughts of anything more than a pactio relationship has not crossed his mind. When Konoka joked about the "laws in japan" in relation to kissing, him and Asuna looked shocked.

I think also that Negi is more open with his ability to use magic, he's not shy to cast a spell or unsure of himself with his magic abilities. He knows if he's beat it seems and understands the value of a partner.

I'm also not to worried about the entire class getting sucked into it. If the series takes off more so than the first, then we might see that down the line but right now it really has that DBZ/Naruto/Bleach type feel in that he is going to get together his crew and then from there more bad guys will enter and they will start having these people face off against each other. Perhaps there will be some form of training to extend the time on there forms so they don't have to worry about running down after a few moments.

Something I don't see in this series so far is any real connection between Asuna and Negi. In the manga and first series you get that feeling that they are connected and that they might be the only two "important" partners. In this series though Asuna feels like she's the first to make a pactio, but other than that she's on the same level as everyone else that's made a pactio. Don't know if this is making sense or not. *laughs*

So overall I like the series and hope it keeps going the same route it is now and i'll be very happy with the end result.
Old 2006-12-13, 15:43   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, it makes perfect sense. There hardly seems to be an eye flicker between the two (Asuna and Negi). It really looks like Shinbo is muting any sense of comradeship (platonic or otherwise) outside of the designated "play for laughs" SetsunaxKonoko and the Nodoka crush. After Sayo's ep, it appears that muting effect may permeate the series. It doesn't *ruin* the series but it is disappointing because Shinbo *was* able to pull off extreme tragedy and strong feelings in Tsukuyomi Moon Phase while integrating the absurd comedy in.
Old 2006-12-13, 16:20   Link #37
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Crazy as always haha. Ah but what vexx said seems to be pretty spot on...There like taking different story plots and chucking em in the blender lol.

The start felt abit weak and slowly paced, but once they got to library island that made up for it in a big way. I absolutely love how they protrayed the place and id be right there with nodoka saying id wanna live there (Sans deadly traps ). The other high point animation wise would be the whole bit between negi and the twins. I love how the rings pulsed from all three and then as they kinda start to become into agreement the rings intertwine until finally they just pulse from all three as one...Great visualization there.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2006-12-13, 22:35   Link #38
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Wow, full-on Paniponi mode this episode, down to and including the Ichijou Jones parody of a parody thing with Konoka This series has really grown on me now, despite my initial misgivings. Guess it's time to go back and re-watch them
Old 2006-12-13, 23:27   Link #39
Seiryuu

There are thankfully many interesting aspects to this version. But with this ep I've added another item to my list of what has to go. Till now I pretty much had contract stuff: get rid of the crap card or find a use for it, decrease the randomness, and abolish the contractual orgasmatron. Now I'm adding one more thing to the list: if they can't provide a VERY good explanation, eliminate the twins' teletubby costumes. Humor, random spontaneity, and even absurdism is fine, but when you reach the point of absolutely meaningless eccentricity, it's time to quit. You can add only so many decorations onto something before it starts to look ridiculous.
Old 2006-12-14, 00:02   Link #40
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Maybe its because i Liked the previous version a lot...but this too much randomness without the story really movin newhere is a bit dissappointing. A few good laughs are there and the girls look very cute, but yet, i yet feel the series not reaching the level of the previous version as of yet. After Episode 6 which according to me was Awesome, i thouht the series will get better, but its hardly moved on. I m hoping that the introduction of the new character "Black Rose Baron" will take the story a bit ahead.

Too much of extravagant animation has kind of made them sacrifice on the comedy part i feel. The animation rocks...but i ll be held on to the series only if the story is better.