AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-19, 13:23   Link #221
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Why wiki? And why not? It was the first thing that popped up in my mind, so i used it. Anything wrong with that ? I think it is obvious that Suzaku will not get geass, but that is not exactly related to this, is it? Yes, my base is that there are no emotions now, and because it happens abruptly, i think we wont see anything sigificant up to that point either.

I am not saying that it can only mean sex, i am saying it is the most likely possibility of what that can mean, based upon what we have seen up untill now. And Geass certainly seems like a show that īs perfectly capable of pulling that off. Btw, any reason why you are so against the idea?
Old 2006-12-19, 13:34   Link #222
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Why wiki? And why not? It was the first thing that popped up in my mind, so i used it. Anything wrong with that ? I think it is obvious that Suzaku will not get geass, but that is not exactly related to this, is it? Yes, my base is that there are no emotions now, and because it happens abruptly, i think we wont see anything sigificant up to that point either.

I am not saying that it can only mean sex, i am saying it is the most likely possibility of what that can mean, based upon what we have seen up untill now. And Geass certainly seems like a show that īs perfectly capable of pulling that off. Btw, any reason why you are so against the idea?
Because you narrowed the point from intimate to intimate relationship and wiki isn't really something one should be proud of quoting.
Why shouldn't it be related to this? It's a speculation just like this based on ambiguous means and just like here everyone jumped to the conclusion. Just because it happens abrubtly and because Lulu keeps his emotions hidden most of the time i think emotions can play a significant role in it.

Any reason on why i should support it?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!

Last edited by Majek; 2006-12-19 at 13:45.
Old 2006-12-19, 13:46   Link #223
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Believing that Lulu is harbouring any hidden feelings towards Shirley is speculation based on no means at all, yet you are discontet about me basing my speculations on ambigous means.

Ok then - care to tell what you imagine happening between Lulu and Shirley based on the "An incident will make him abruptly intimate with Shirley" line ?
Old 2006-12-19, 13:49   Link #224
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Some scraps of Newtype spoilers I read
Spoiler:
I believe that what W-general posted on the first page probably has relevance to what abruptly starts up Shirley and Lulu's relationship. It could also be tied into the bit about Lelouch learning to not be so indulgant with geass.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-19, 13:58   Link #225
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Believing that Lulu is harbouring any hidden feelings towards Shirley is speculation based on no means at all, yet you are discontet about me basing my speculations on ambigous means.

Ok then - care to tell what you imagine happening between Lulu and Shirley based on the "An incident will make him abruptly intimate with Shirley" line ?
WTF? Now youre putting words in mouth. I said feeling as all the feelings not feeling for Shirley.

And i imagine both one condolencing the other but not with sex. Since there som many comparissons with Flay popping up, she did it to manipulate Kira, here neither Lulu nor Shirly have no gain from manipulating the other. Making them have sex just because one or both are emotioanly distraguht would cheapen everything for me.

So untill it happens i'll belive what i want.

Old 2006-12-19, 14:47   Link #226
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post
I believe that what W-general posted on the first page probably has relevance to what abruptly starts up Shirley and Lulu's relationship. It could also be tied into the bit about Lelouch learning to not be so indulgant with geass.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-19, 15:32   Link #227
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
WTF? Now youre putting words in mouth. I said feeling as all the feelings not feeling for Shirley.

And i imagine both one condolencing the other but not with sex. Since there som many comparissons with Flay popping up, she did it to manipulate Kira, here neither Lulu nor Shirly have no gain from manipulating the other. Making them have sex just because one or both are emotioanly distraguht would cheapen everything for me.

So untill it happens i'll belive what i want.
woho, calm down guys, before getting into that I have something to point out.

This is the sentence that I want to questions.

It is the words from the scan that anthology_on was translating from.

There is only one word in the whole thing which I do not recognize, its the last word in the first sentence. He translate the whole sentence as "An incident will make him abruptly intimate with Shirley".

I do not know what means
, but it definately does not mean "inimate" (親密). My translation of the first sentence would be
"Oppotunately there will be an event that <the word> with Shirley".

Can someone who know japanese who recognize the word clear the doubt in my mind for me?

Thanks
Old 2006-12-19, 16:19   Link #228
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
I do not know what means
, but it definately does not mean "inimate" (親密). My translation of the first sentence would be
"Oppotunately there will be an event that <the word> with Shirley".

Can someone who know japanese who recognize the word clear the doubt in my mind for me?

Thanks
It looks like 急接近する. Unfortunately, I don't know Japanese well, so I can't say if this implies being intimate.

急 [きゅう] - (adj-na, n) urgent, sudden, steep
接 近 [せっきん] - (n, vs) getting closer, drawing nearer, approaching
Old 2006-12-19, 16:36   Link #229
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Great, all this because of a possible mistranslation? Man i've been around here long enough to be able avoid such things D:

Old 2006-12-19, 20:56   Link #230
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Anyway this is the enlarged version of the thing.

and I humbly present you my translation:
Quote:
Title on the side: About the girls that have been gathered around Luluche

Oppotunately there will be an event which will suddenly draw Shirley closer to him.
Kalen, rather than calling her a lover, she has one side attrachment* towards Zero.
Lulouch notice Kalen's feeling however the fact that he keep using (utilizing) her until the end doesn't change desu-ne.
With CC some love-like moment* may be seen.
But for thoes two, more than a LOVE-LOVE relation, its probably an important partner relation -kana?

Note: I am not sure of the meanning of the word with *, so those are my fill in.
Anyway my analysis:
Quote:
I don't think the producer is not really giving anything out here, he is just stating the current situation which we are seeing in the anime (with minor spoiler of shirley coming up ~ep 13). The way that he says those stuffs gives me a feeling like the relationship with those girls can probably go anywhere....

so get your hope up Kallen x lulu, CC x lulu, Susaku x lulu people! The serie is not half way done yet!
Old 2006-12-20, 09:23   Link #231
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

Just wondering, if Lelouch's father the emperor would be like the 'final boss' in the Animé he showed himself quite early. Most bosses get their introduction middle of near end of the Anime, but he appeard in episode 5 already (if i'm correct). Does that mean he isn't the final boss, or would it end up like something Susaku vs. Lelouch?
Old 2006-12-20, 09:26   Link #232
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Actually these days it's more common for the big bad bosses to appear soon and have the protagonists hunt them through the anime :P

Old 2006-12-20, 09:33   Link #233
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whats the fun in only getting to know the final boss in the late stages? we need him early so his character can set firmly into our heads what a bastard he is

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-20, 09:34   Link #234
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Maybe the final boss is C.C. She clearly is hiding something from Leouch and I don't think its going to be pleasant
Old 2006-12-20, 09:36   Link #235
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

Then, could it be like she kills him in the end? I won't spoil any watchers of Death Note reading this, but if you've seen the movie you know how it ends..maybe something familair here?
Old 2006-12-20, 09:42   Link #236
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Nah DN way won't happen here. no enough eps to pull that one off XD
And yeah IMO CC vs Lulu is bound to happen, the only question is when

Old 2006-12-20, 09:44   Link #237
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Eirikr View Post
Then, could it be like she kills him in the end? I won't spoil any watchers of Death Note reading this, but if you've seen the movie you know how it ends..maybe something familair here?
Saying this alone is a HUGE spoiler considering which of the characters in Death note are in a situation that resembles Lulu and CC
Old 2006-12-20, 09:48   Link #238
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

I also wonder about the imperial family..they all get killed? I don't know if it includes Schneizel, he hasn't introduced himself yet, but gave permission for the Lancelot to be controlled by an eleven
Old 2006-12-20, 10:03   Link #239
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Well until Lulu gets the info about who ordered the hit on hit moither Cornelia and Schneizel won't die XD

Old 2006-12-20, 10:43   Link #240
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
Unless Cornelia or Schneizel offer him an extremely good trade for their life, I really doubt he will spare them (specially if he shows them how he is). He knows it is better to kill out the enemy's head than to be worried of it comming back.

Well, this is my crazy, weird idea, but it should be fun to see.

Can you imagine the great twist in events if Lelouch actually captures Cornelia, and finds out that he can't use Geass on her?

I am actually hoping in my little fangirl heart that Schneizel actually used Cornelia with geass to kill Lelouch's mother, and that he has being responsible all the time!!

That will actually make a great boss before the Emperor, a prince with a higher military experience than Cornelia and with Geass, and with Suzaku as his main weapon and not as a last resort/bait.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers