AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 23:23   Link #9801
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Elizabeth III?
Er, I meant in our universe.

Edward VIII abdicated to marry an American divorcée, Wallis Simpson.
Old 2008-05-20, 23:27   Link #9802
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Alright then, I wasn't sure precisely what you meant.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-21, 00:13   Link #9803
Jestersage

Look up on Wikipedia, but long story short, Edward VIII (in our timeline) want to marry a divorced woman, but due to the fact that she is an American, divorcee, AND a commoner, Edward VIII have to decide between love and the throne. In the end he gave up the throne. However, he still have his royal status.
Old 2008-05-21, 05:07   Link #9804
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Does anyone think that in the next episode Zero will reveal who he is(or at least what he looks like) to the entire world?

In the preview at the end we see him removing the mask after the OoTBK set off there smoke bombs, however, if you look at the scene with Spinzaku we see the smoke wafting about him but none around Lulu so that would suggest that its not to conceal his identity when he removes it.

Also in that scene the sky is animated(not something usually done in animes), so maybe he's on the flying Vincent posing when he removes it(can't be Kallen in the Guren because we've seen her in her civies). Makes sense for him to go for another floaty entrance as well since we know he likes the theatrics.
Old 2008-05-21, 05:30   Link #9805
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Lelouch may have removed his mask after the events when he is alone with either C.C or Kallen or both of them.I still think it's dangerous for him to reveal his face to the others
Old 2008-05-21, 05:51   Link #9806
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Pretty stupid thing to take his mask off in the open then. Anyone could be watching.

I'm more inclined to believe that he will reveal his face because he no longer needs to hide behind the mask because Nunnally is being protected by Suzaku who has a vested interest in the SAZ and he is rebelling for more than her now. Also i doubt the Japanese will have a problem with a Britannian student being Zero because lets be fair he has killed 2 members of the royal family, lead a rebellion, destroyed a fair bit of Britannias military forces and struck fear into Britannia. If Spinzaku tried to throw muck at him by revealing he was a Britannian Prince so what. All zero has to do is reveal that Spinzaku was responsible for making Japan surrender when he killed his father. Plus the fact that they all hate his guts.
Old 2008-05-21, 05:55   Link #9807
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Also i doubt the Japanese will have a problem with a Britannian student being Zero
How about'em having problems with him being a former prince of Britannia then?
Old 2008-05-21, 06:18   Link #9808
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Er he was working towards something that they wanted i.e. liberating Japan and destroying Britannia so it shouldn't really matter if he was a Britannian Prince.
Old 2008-05-21, 06:25   Link #9809
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
It wouldn't matter to people like Toudou, Kirihara and maybe Kallen. The first two would know that Lelouch's hatred for Britannia is sincere, Kallen probably already knows and seems to be trying to understand. Kaguya is also a possibility but we don't know how much she knew Lelouch, since he only knew her as "Suzaku's relative".

To everyone else, it could be seen as a complete farce.
Old 2008-05-21, 06:37   Link #9810
DarkLordOfkichiku

What Tokkan said. now, most of them might be fine knowing that he's a Britannian, but a brittanian prince? Kirihara said in the SAZ episode that "if it becomes known that Zero is a Britannian prince then all is lost - the japanese will think that it has all been just some sick joke played on them by the britannians!" - and that might well be what most of the OotBK and japanese would think. Now, Kallen would probably be fine knowing it. Todou too, probably as he's a rather practical man - and Kaguya should know a bit about Lelouch's circumstances so she might understand a bit at least. But the others... Hardly, I'd say... <_<.
Old 2008-05-21, 06:52   Link #9811
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Zero's persona is his costume and the helmet.The mystery that surrounds him we know he isn't Japanese but I wonder if everyone knows that fact except members of his order.It would kind of ruin it if he decided to unmask himself for all to see.I'm thinking he may unmask in front of Suzaku though I don't know the reason
Old 2008-05-21, 06:53   Link #9812
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Then let me ask you what other choice do they have. They can continue to believe in him and what he has been doing or all the Japanese can reject him causing the OoTBK to lose support, collapse and then they're all stuck as Britannian slaves forever, because lets be honest no one else seems to be willing or capable of doing anything.

Also its all just speculation from what i've seen in the preview its just my opinion. But since Taniguchi likes to try to throw us off the mark with these deliberately misleading previews i just going against my initail reaction of that it was just to convince Suzaku to let them go if he gave them his support because if he kills him there its all over for the SAZ.
Old 2008-05-21, 06:53   Link #9813
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Zero's myth is his costume and the helmet it would kind of ruin it if he decided to unmask himself for all to see.I'm thinking he may unmask in front of Suzaku though I don't know the reason
My bet it's in front of Nanally, while shielded from Suzaku and other peoples by the fumes.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:01   Link #9814
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Then let me ask you what other choice do they have. They can continue to believe in him and what he has been doing or all the Japanese can reject him causing the OoTBK to lose support, collapse and then they're all stuck as Britannian slaves forever, because lets be honest no one else seems to be willing or capable of doing anything.
It's true that he's realistically speaking the OotBK and Japan's only hope - but the questions till remains if they could trust and follow a britannian prince (even a former such). In the end it's not for sure that many of the OotBK and many japanese woudl listen to that reason (that he is their only hope) and at worst the OotBk would spilt into several fractiosn and support from the japanese'd siginficantly wane. It wouldn't be a matter of reason or logic, but rather a matter of trust that is the problem.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:28   Link #9815
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
My bet it's in front of Nanally, while shielded from Suzaku and other peoples by the fumes.
i don't see how suzaku would do such a thing. i think he wants the whole world to know hes zero
Old 2008-05-21, 07:56   Link #9816
Stretch5920

I don't see Lelouch revealing himself to anyone other than Nunally. The general public will never know who he is, and I doubt the main members of the BK will either. Just C.C and Kallen.
Old 2008-05-21, 08:06   Link #9817
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I could see Ougi, Toudou, and maybe a few others finding out. He doesn't have to reveal himself on his own either. Hypothetically, if he was injured in battle and required medical attention they might decide his life is more important than the secret identity.

I agree that if he is revealing himself to anyone this episode, it would be Nunnally.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-21, 08:47   Link #9818
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I don't see Lelouch revealing himself to anyone other than Nunally

She can't see >_>

But maybe without the mask she might recognize his voice
Old 2008-05-21, 08:50   Link #9819
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The voice is probably the only thing. I never thought he sounded much different except for the serious tone and the echo.

Old 2008-05-21, 09:45   Link #9820
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
It's true that he's realistically speaking the OotBK and Japan's only hope - but the questions till remains if they could trust and follow a britannian prince (even a former such). In the end it's not for sure that many of the OotBK and many japanese woudl listen to that reason (that he is their only hope) and at worst the OotBk would spilt into several fractiosn and support from the japanese'd siginficantly wane. It wouldn't be a matter of reason or logic, but rather a matter of trust that is the problem.
I agree with you objectively he is their only hope but humans are not perfect they tend to see defaults only and qualities are most of the time ignored he did much for the Japanese but being a former Britannian Prince is something they might not be able to bear Britannia and Royalty are the symbols that Elevens hate the most (e.g the Emperor and Euphemia)
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers