AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-21, 12:26   Link #1041
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Sorry, the title should be closer to "Bloodstained".
Not much diffrence, but I'll change it anyways

Her decision over Area 11 probably is going to cause some bloodshed, I imagine.
good for her then. the more she can step out of that little idealistic reality, the faster she becomes an interesting character.

now if only we could do something about Suzaku. though then again, maybe Suzaku and Euphie are going to start idealistically going their seperate ways, as Suzaku moves closer to Schniezel/Britannia's views while Euphie moves closer to Lelouch's.
Old 2007-02-21, 12:53   Link #1042
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
hmm special territory huh? I can imagine Euphie declare an all equal-for-all-people type territory in Japan. That might weaken Black knight's support...and damit she is one step closer to 'the' pink hair princess. Her next step is to have a flying air ship that go around into every battle field and start wracking both sides with flying lancelot.

In any case, I think OP version 4 should be out very soon now right?, may be we would see it tomorrow :3!!!
Old 2007-02-21, 12:59   Link #1043
coefficient

I think that spoiler is more important in what it doesn't say. If the Vice-Governor is able to make that sort of declaration, what's going on with Cornelia!?
Old 2007-02-21, 13:12   Link #1044
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient View Post
I think that spoiler is more important in what it doesn't say. If the Vice-Governor is able to make that sort of declaration, what's going on with Cornelia!?
many didn't expect her to last more than a month. is it that surprising that she could die? I'm thinking 20 would be the best chance to finish her.

though she could always be severely injured in 18 after Schniezel launches the missle, and Euphie takes over for her while she's in a coma or something.
Old 2007-02-21, 14:52   Link #1045
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Sorry, the title should be closer to "Bloodstained".
Not much diffrence, but I'll change it anyways

Her decision over Area 11 probably is going to cause some bloodshed, I imagine.
thats a surprise ~ i didnt think that she was the type to go around stirring up crap in a big pot ~ i wonder how lulu would react to all this he probably wont hesitate to bump yuffie off but with suzaku acting as a shield that might be a problem ~ for some reason i can see kallen's mecha getting trashed in the conflict

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-21, 15:12   Link #1046
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

One thing that's also possible is that Euphemia takes a decision in favor of the Elevens following events shared with Zero - or with Lelouch.

Although the summaries and spoilers state that he'll try his best (with Kallen...or so it seems) to keep his identity secret, there is still the possibility that it'll be revealed to Euphemia (cf. spoiler stating that he'll make a huge blunder with atrocious/enormous consequences at the end of that ep)...if he didn't already show his face to her during the island arc (and even then he can still hide in Ashford Academy with the safe belief that nobody will look for him there)...and that she might decide to do something because of him - like perhaps concede a few things to the Black Knights/Area 11 in order to avoid bloodshed between the two parties or cover up for Lelouch (especially if she intends to bring him back to the Imperial Family while keeping his record absolutely clean).

That assumption is more or less reinforced by the fact that the official Code Geass manga (I'm not talking about Suzaku of the Rebellion or Nunnally's Nightmare) actually has Lelouch reunited with Euphemia at Ashford Academy...where she snuck in to have some fun. The likenesses are already there so, even if there are obvious digressions and divergences between the manga and the anime, there are still auspicious grounds for such a scenario.

Either it's that or, hampered by Suzaku's sudden resignation (no matter whether Cecile managed to straighten him up and convince him to take his erstwhile job back), she tried to discard her reputation as a 'decorative governor' and she overdid it, earning her her fellow countrymen's ire and contempt.

In either way, maybe Euphemia's next decision (I believe it'll be some conversion for Area 11, from colony to protectorate but with special privileges given to the ruling Elevens) will force her to break off with Britannia or face extremely adverse consequences, like being eliminated with extreme prejudice (euphemism for 'assassinated') by Purists (even if Fake Okouchi stated that after Viletta and Gottwald's disappearance as well as Kewell's death, they are close to no more). Not to mention that there is a certain "perfect Britannian prince" Schneizel lurking around after having a uber-powerful mech of his getting stolen by a masked, V-like dispenser of justice.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Old 2007-02-21, 15:14   Link #1047
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
thats a surprise ~ i didnt think that she was the type to go around stirring up crap in a big pot ~ i wonder how lulu would react to all this he probably wont hesitate to bump yuffie off but with suzaku acting as a shield that might be a problem ~ for some reason i can see kallen's mecha getting trashed in the conflict
well, she might prove an annoyance, but Lelouch may find Euphie to be a useful piece in the war against Britannia. after all, it's going to cause chaos if one of the royal family turns against the emperor, and Lelouch does love chaos.

besides, if he really wanted her dead by that point, he'd have had at least 2 perfectly good chances to kill her (hotel, upcoming island) and yet he didn't.

Quote:
In either way, maybe Euphemia's next decision (I believe it'll be some conversion for Area 11, from colony to protectorate but with special privileges given to the ruling Elevens)
if they do become a protectorate instead of part of Brittannia proper, that would also be a good reason for why China suddenly decides to enter the conflict in Japan.
Old 2007-02-21, 15:39   Link #1048
coefficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
That assumption is more or less reinforced by the fact that the official Code Geass manga (I'm not talking about Suzaku of the Rebellion or Nunnally's Nightmare) actually has Lelouch reunited with Euphemia at Ashford Academy...where she snuck in to have some fun. The likenesses are already there so, even if there are obvious digressions and divergences between the manga and the anime, there are still auspicious grounds for such a scenario.
On an OT note, have English translation projects progressed beyond chapter 4 yet? I haven't been able to find any, and as inferior as the manga is I do need to get my fix during the long waits for English subs
Old 2007-02-21, 15:39   Link #1049
etothex

How exactly is euphie going to enforce rules for a place for co-existence? kill anyone who disagrees? If the majority of britannians dont like it, or dont want to put up with it, why would they? I'm guessing it's more an aid type shelter for poor elevens.

wow reading those spoilers has just shattered any illusions i had left for the season, especially ep 21, which i was looking forward to. I was poised to give ep 18 an automatic 0 rating, unless Lelouch and Nunnally give Suzaku the cold shoulder. Now we learn that Lelouch (and Nunnally) still treat suzaku like a beloved possession, and i'm getting mighty tired of it. We know nina is going to be around next season, so apparently she wont go fatal attraction on euphie, just probably go find another table or 3. Was looking forward to possible Kallen finding out Zero's identity, but by the look of it, the secret kallen learns is the prince one then?

The spoilers have said how Lelouch will take 3 steps towards evil/darkness, but i don't buy it, unless he actually kills suzaku. How evil can he get if he leaves his friend, who happens to be his worst enemy, and is easily taken care, alive? He doesn't even have to kill him, just get him out of the way.

Things left to look forward to then: acquiring the gawain, perhaps the return of orange, the appearance of the Chinese Federation (and EU perhaps), and some more information about CC and the spirit worlders (that would be a nice name for a band).
Old 2007-02-21, 16:56   Link #1050
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, she might prove an annoyance, but Lelouch may find Euphie to be a useful piece in the war against Britannia. after all, it's going to cause chaos if one of the royal family turns against the emperor, and Lelouch does love chaos.

besides, if he really wanted her dead by that point, he'd have had at least 2 perfectly good chances to kill her (hotel, upcoming island) and yet he didn't.
well you never know ~ maybe yuffie stepped over her bounds when she decides to cause problems for zero's fanbase ~

and wasnt there a speculation earlier in the thread about lulu being forced to change his way of thinking? this could be one instance ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-21, 17:00   Link #1051
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
*snip*
If you're going to give 0 rating for a show simply because every single character don't act exactly as YOU want them to act, then I suggest you stop torturing yourself watching the show in the first place, or don't rate the show at all. I think that's the worst way of trying to enjoy any show.

Anyways, to a MUCH more important topic....

BOOBIES.
Spoiler for not too safe for workplace?:

Someone posted cellphone caps of the picture drama for the 2nd DVD.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BOOBS.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-21 at 17:17.
Old 2007-02-21, 17:15   Link #1052
ashlay
the red string of fate

these picture dramas are on a veritable roll. 0_o

found the fact that Nina and Milly were sitting next to each other was particularly amusing after that 'code geass+nursery rhyme' video.
Old 2007-02-21, 17:28   Link #1053
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Spoiler for content of the picture drama:
Old 2007-02-21, 18:42   Link #1054
etothex

danke aohige. lol, Milly's grandpappy was a party-goer, sounds like she takes after him. People link the name Ashfords with former empress Marianne, but does no one make the connection with Nunnally and Lelouch? Or was it suddenly popular to use those names around that time? You know, the old name your kid after the emperor's kids for luck bit.

about my 0-rating gripe, likely if i don't like the ep, like you said, i probably wouldn't bother voting. that wasn't really my point; just trying to show my disgust. (I might have added that I'd give it an 8 or 10 depending on how cool Schniezel and the Avalon's entrance is, +1 for shooting a missile straight at Euphie) It's like saying ep 15 gets an automatic 10 for Viletta flashing us. Let me try and express my thoughts better.

Let me ask you a question, what is Lelouch's goal? To crush britannia and build a safe place for Nunnally, or to hold hands with Suzaku? This is reminding me of Blood+, which was great, but had Saya whining about the same thing too much. Lelouch is not whining, but he is declaring his resolve to walk the road of carnage, and yet it seems he is still very unwilling. Is it in fact like CC so eloquently put it in ep 13? Is he just a brat with dreams of victory in his head, but no real resolve? The concept of raison d'etre which was being discussed in the ep 17 thread, fits here as well. Ever since escaping death thanks to CC, his reason for living has been to make that safe place for Nunnally. Lelouch is my fave char, so i have no problem with him dealing with emotions and conflict, but where is his commitment.
Furthermore we find out he meets Euphie and Suzaku in ep 21; does this sound like a perfect opportunity for kidnapping, geassing, foul play, to anyone else? Unfortunately ep 22 dashes any hope of that. Basically, his actions, not just the one, and the patterns suggest hes going to do something a bit evil to strengthen his determination (ep 13 blow up JLF, ep 20 blow up Kyushuu?), but then what's the use of it, if his resolve is so easily broken. Lelouch is faltering waaaaay too much, so when i see how he keeps on hanging on to Suzaku, it makes me go ugh.

Speaking of which, didn't anyone else find it preposterous that he wanted Suzaku as Nunnally's knight? Wall-hax aside, this is Lelouch, the brilliant, overprotective SISCON we are talking about right? Does he really want a psycho (albeit a friendly psycho) guarding his precious imouto? I had thought that the introduction of Kyoto would lead to a logical step of sending Nunnally there to stay with Kaguya. Sounds safer for both him and her.

Now how about some idle speculations. Lelouch wants to find out more about the Lancelot, so he breaks in and looks for Lloyd (whom he finds out about on the net and from the Ashfords) who is not present. He ends up finding Cecile and kidnaps her. Now in the custody of the Black Knights, Cecile is reunited with Laksharta, who is delighted to see her former kouhai. Hot older woman romance ensues. This one is for VCV.
Old 2007-02-21, 18:55   Link #1055
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Io and Ganymede.
funny how their units have names relating to Jupiter. wonder what the ashfords know about the ruins.....

Quote:
Speaking of which, didn't anyone else find it preposterous that he wanted Suzaku as Nunnally's knight? Wall-hax aside, this is Lelouch, the brilliant, overprotective SISCON we are talking about right? Does he really want a psycho (albeit a friendly psycho) guarding his precious imouto? I had thought that the introduction of Kyoto would lead to a logical step of sending Nunnally there to stay with Kaguya. Sounds safer for both him and her.
what's the worst Suzaku going to do? sure, he's kinda crazy, but Lelouch saw exactly what happened when he was reminded he was a murderer: Noodle basically fell to the ground and started crying. outside of a mech, crazy Suzaku goes emo. inside a mech, crazy Suzaku goes berserk.
Old 2007-02-21, 20:10   Link #1056
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
Let me ask you a question, what is Lelouch's goal? To crush britannia and build a safe place for Nunnally, or to hold hands with Suzaku? This is reminding me of Blood+, which was great, but had Saya whining about the same thing too much. Lelouch is not whining, but he is declaring his resolve to walk the road of carnage, and yet it seems he is still very unwilling. Is it in fact like CC so eloquently put it in ep 13? Is he just a brat with dreams of victory in his head, but no real resolve? The concept of raison d'etre which was being discussed in the ep 17 thread, fits here as well. Ever since escaping death thanks to CC, his reason for living has been to make that safe place for Nunnally. Lelouch is my fave char, so i have no problem with him dealing with emotions and conflict, but where is his commitment.
My answers as to why Lulu does what he does, despite his desire to reach his goal is simple. He's a seventeen years old with a goal and a genius mind, but still, a seventeen years old.
He's old enough to know what he wants to do, but not old enough to choose a choice between 0 and 1. Life is not as simple as making the right choices to meet your goal. It's not digital.

He knows what must be done, and thinks himself a logical realist who will do anything to achieve that goal. But alas, there's no true realist and no true optomist in this world. You can't get rid of one, and completely choose the other.
If you are seasoned walker of the path, then it becomes easier to make the choice. But he's simply not there yet.

Unlike you, I personally find this an attractive side of him. I don't really care for a digital, two dimentional character. He will eventually have to make hard choices, but good stories aren't written about someone who only makes the right choice. This story would be long over if Lulu was the perfect logically thinking realist, and it would be a pretty darn boring one.

I'm not looking for a Light clone in Lulu. If I was, I'd be sticking to only watching Death Note
Old 2007-02-21, 20:33   Link #1057
ashlay
the red string of fate

^teen angst, the bread and butter of all mecha....other than the giant robots of course.

part of Lelouch's allure certainly is that he's not really a clone of any one character. by taking that odd mix between something that resembles Light from Death Note and a normal teen anime protagonist, he doesn't quite fit into the standard groupings, which makes it rather hard to read what his character is going to do next, really something of an exciting prospect in a more cliched genre like mecha. (not that cliches are a bad thing, especially when used intelligently)
Old 2007-02-22, 10:44   Link #1058
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Alrighty, Mr U/qwU.yqHY (fake Okouchi) came to the thread, after two weeks of silence!
Will post translations in a bit... stay tuned.

EDIT: ok, here we go!
Spoiler for craploadsofstuff:

Random chats: the spoilerman commented on how Bee Train did a great job with Suzaku (on the episode they came as guest animators) but they seemed to have trouble getting Lulu right.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-22 at 11:25. Reason: Ok, here we go.
Old 2007-02-22, 14:06   Link #1059
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

SO noone will make the anime more interesting and betray Zero. No fun

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-02-22, 14:09   Link #1060
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
SO noone will make the anime more interesting and betray Zero. No fun
three to five plot devlopments at a time, Majek. three to five. 0_o
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers