AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 23:29   Link #1
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Your worst Naruto filler experience

I attempted to watch fillers when they first came out, thinking it wouldn't take long untill the second half started, how wrong i was. In any case, i watched up untill there was the 2 big fat dopey looking ninjas that were very stupid. They had helped Mizuki(the bad guy in the first episode of naruto) get out of prison, etc. After seeing the stupidity and the maturity levels of the anime drop, i quit the anime pretty abruptly.

I havnt watched it since, but i have heard moans and groans about the fillers since then, and there has been a lot. Im curious to what everyone else absolutely hated, or what filler episode/arc made them quit the fillers!

Edit by NoSanninWa: I'm going to allow this thread to exist for a while longer because it's amusing, even though we normally kill off extra filler discussion threads. Once it degenerates into mindless whinging it will be closed.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-11-22 at 04:03.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 23:38   Link #2
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Thundercat Mizuki... I think a little piece of me died when I saw that. That's when I realized: this filler is going to suck, and it's going to suck hard.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 23:51   Link #3
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
I attempted to watch fillers when they first came out, thinking it wouldn't take long untill the second half started, how wrong i was. In any case, i watched up untill there was the 2 big fat dopey looking ninjas that were very stupid. They had helped Mizuki(the bad guy in the first episode of naruto) get out of prison, etc. After seeing the stupidity and the maturity levels of the anime drop, i quit the anime pretty abruptly.
I guess we stopped watching Naruto around the same episodes. Anyway, I think you are asking the wrong question, it might be better to ask the best experience rather than the worst one (cause I think the worst may not be limited to one set of fillers, and it might be easier to select the best rather than the worst).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 23:58   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The first filler arc, where Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura journey to the Sound village and Orochimaru's hideout is actually rather good. If they could've continued stories that involved ninja from other lesser known villages, like Hidden Rain and Hidden Grass the filler might have been more watchable.

But this thread will probably get moved to the filler discussion thread since, well, it involves discussing filler.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 00:00   Link #5
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I guess we stopped watching Naruto around the same episodes. Anyway, I think you are asking the wrong question, it might be better to ask the best experience rather than the worst one (cause I think the worst may not be limited to one set of fillers, and it might be easier to select the best rather than the worst).
Well, im wondering when others stopped watching mainly, what episode finally pushed them off the edge. If they are still watching though, what episode nearly made them quit, or perhaps stop watching for several weeks or months.

I see what you mean, there is a lot of bad episodes so its hard to narrow it down to one bad one =p.

I think it will be funny hearing about the different episodes, since i havn't watched most of them.

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Thundercat Mizuki... I think a little piece of me died when I saw that.
lol.

I hope its not moved, i want to directly hear about episodes that may have been worse than this after this episode. Its hard to direct that filler discussion to something this specific.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:33   Link #6
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Laughing Shino.
I was speechless.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 03:52   Link #7
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
Laughing Shino.
I was speechless.
agreed
that episode was just crap
I feel sorry for Naruto though..
Too ceep his cool in that crowd. man thats harsh
Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 03:59   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

C'mon, do we really need another thread just to bitch and moan about how awful the filler is? Well, actually this is an amusing one, so perhaps we do. At least for a little while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
I lasted just one arc longer than that. The stupidity of the "Curry of Life" arc destroyed my will to continue watching and nearly destroyed my will to live. That arc failed so many times (I kept thinking it was going to end but they kept introducing more stupidity to keep it going) that I imemdiately swore off Naruto filler and haven't even glanced at the show since. One of these days Naruto will return from filler and I'll still be interested in seeing what happens, but until then I will not be tempted to see another episode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 04:32   Link #9
Razz

I stopped watching fillers after the Curry of Death (yes, death) arc. The old woman's grunts were so bad I just couldn't do it anymore.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 05:29   Link #10
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
The Good

Since Sazelyt wanted to "ask the best experience".

I really liked the "Blazing Byakugan" arc where Hinata develops her new technique the absolute defense. Also the very small Ramen Arc, where the Ramen girl gets kidnapped (This might be because at the time I was watching Yakitate Japan! A cooking anime.) So I found it entertaining. The "Isaribi" Arc (Fish girl) that was good where for the first time, he summons Gama Bunta to fight the Umi Bozu without messing up or being surprised that he did not mess up.

"Laughing Shino" As much as it sucked.. you got to admit some of the stupid things the people did in order to make Naruto laugh, made you laugh. I know I laughed my ass off at the guy who's hair kept falling off one by one.

This one REALLY made me laugh "Ino Screams! Big-Boned ♥ Paradise" this is when Ino is called in to act like the princess because she had gotten overweight. Oh my god, I still remember when Naruto fell from the roof Peeing as he fall's, the Look on Ino's face priceless, she was touching it.... LMAO.

The Bad

Heh, ok lets see for me it did not make me stop watching, more like it slowly broke me down to the point where I would download an episode not watch it for 1~2 week's or at least until I had no option/nothing to do. Also to the point where I would download it for the sake of archiving.

The first time it started was the "Raiga" Arc, I guess it's also known as "The curry of life" arc. This guy was so corny it was like their pathetic attempt to put something or some one worthy of Naruto and Co. Boy did it drag on and on just when you thought he was dead, he magically comes back to life. I also wanted to choke that little kid Ranmaru with the red eyes like, die!! DIE DIE!!!!!! DIEEEEEEEE~.

That was the first the next one which broke me down even more was shortly after. The "Gosunkugi" arc, you know where the guy Sazanami trying to prove his innocence. I mean what the hell was that, a cheap attempt at Samurai Champloo/ Samurai 7? Mixed with some type of western crap, apparently he had "Quick Draw" *Barfs* Oh and he had a scar on his face, like he's pretending to be Kenshin or something -_-;.

Next "The Boy Named "Star"" Arc, that whole arc annoyed me to no end, I literally wanted to commit suicide during that time of my life.

And The Ugly

-___-; The Money ninja kid, where his ninjutsu is throwing money around, SHOOT ME. I wanted to choke that little kid maybe even more then Ranmaru.

The "The Legendary Konoha Onbaa" Arc this is the one where that stupid ball of fur attached it self to Naruto's back. COME ON wtf was that, it reminded me of Gizmo *stabs self*.

"Rare Vessel, The Weight of Beauties of Nature" The Kachou Fuugetsu this was it, THE WORST OF THE WORST. This episode pissed me the hell off and literally broke me in the worst way possible, yep. Naruto and Kiba losing against some petty thug’s, failing the mission when they had 30 minutes to take the damn cup instead they spent it on lecturing him, degrading the Ninja of konoha to Udon’s level. I just could not take it anymore.

That's all folks.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2006-11-22 at 05:46.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 05:40   Link #11
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
The Good

Since Sazelyt wanted to "ask the best experience".

I really liked the "Blazing Byakugan" arc where Hinata develops her new technique the absolute defense. Also the very small Ramen Arc, where the Ramen girl gets kidnapped (This might be because at the time I was watching Yakitate Japan! A cooking anime.) So I found it entertaining. The "Isaribi" Arc (Fish girl) that was good where he first summons Gama Bunta to fight the Umi Bozu without messing up.

"Laughing Shino" As much as it sucked.. you got to admit some of the stupid things the people did in order to make Naruto laugh, made you laugh. I know I laughed my ass off at the guy who's hair kept falling off one by one.

This one REALLY made me laugh "Ino Screams! Big-Boned ♥ Paradise" this is when Ino is called in to act like the princess because she had gotten overweight. Oh my god, I still remember when Naruto falls from the roof Peeing as he fall's the Look on Ino's face she was touching it.... LMAO.

The Bad

Heh, ok lets see for me it did not make me stop watching, more like it slowly broke me down to the point where I would download an episode not watch it for 1~2 week's or at least until I had no option/nothing to do. Also to the point where I would download it for the sake of archiving.

The first time it started was the "Raiga" Arc, I guess it's also known as "The curry of life" arc. This guy was so corny it was like their pathetic attempt to put something or some one worthy of Naruto and Co. Boy did it drag on and on just when you thought he was dead, he magically comes back to life. I also wanted to choke that little kid Ranmaru with the red eyes like, die!! DIE DIE!!!!!! DIEEEEEEEE~.

That was the first the next one which broke me down even more was shortly after the "Gosunkugi" arc. You know where the guy Sazanami trying to prove his innocence. I mean what the hell was that, a cheap attempt at Samurai Champloo/ Samurai 7? Mixed with some type of western crap, apparently he had "Quick Draw" *Barfs* Oh and he had a scar on his face, like he's pretending to be Kenshin or something -_-;.

Next "The Boy Named "Star"" Arc, that whole arc annoyed me to no end, I literally wanted to commit suicide during that time of my life.

And The Ugly

-___-; The Money ninja kid, where his ninjutsu is throwing money around, SHOOT ME. I wanted to choke that little kid maybe even more then Ranmaru.

The "The Legendary Konoha Onbaa" Arc this is the one where that stupid ball of fur attached it self to Naruto's back. COME ON wtf was that, it reminded me of Gimzo *stabs self*.

"Rare Vessel, The Weight of Beauties of Nature" The Kachou Fuugetsu this was it, this episode pissed me the hell off and literally broke me in the worst way possible, yep. Naruto and Kiba losing against some petty thugís, failing the mission when they had 30 minutes to take the damn cup instead they spent it on lecturing him, degrading the Ninja of konoha to Udonís level. I just could not take it anymore.

That's all folks.
Didn't think I would say this buuuuut, I Agree with everything U just said
damn fillers *smashing the filler makers*
Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 11:36   Link #12
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Wow... listening to these im amazed we are still talking about Naruto. It sounds like a completely different show. I mean.. "quick draw" and a jutsu where you throw money around..?? rofl

I guess i threw in the towel pretty early, i think i recall hearing the next arc was something about "the curry of life". I definitely did not look back ( i had quit the mizuki arc towards the end when he turned into a "thundercat").
Old 2006-11-22, 12:42   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Uhm... it was for me over after the prison thing...(was that with Mizuki?)

Suddenly Shinobi prisons appeared...and while watching i pictured the scene where a guy like Orochimaru or Itachi would be trapped there..

Can you even picture it? Well i was able and the only way how they would remain there is if they have a dvd player (we only saw a video recoder) with a good pack of movies.

For Itachi movies/series like: Family Matters...Fresh Prince of BelAir...hell even Friends...
And for Orochimaru: Hostage, Saw 1.2.3, The Ring, Anaconda

Anyway...after that i think i only watched some photo's but they werent convincing...just like the replies on that episode...so i quit ever since..

I'd say the best filler arc was that of the Morino Idate Arc...simply because...i never knew it was a filler to begin with.

I noticed that chasing Kakashi to find out what's behind his mask was rather weird...but not with the Idate Arc...after reading the manga (Sasuke Chase) i found out...about it...

But i think i saw parts of the curry thing....but even that was rather stupid...
Old 2006-11-22, 16:36   Link #14
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Hey! I liked the episode with thundercat mizuki. If you can handle kimimaro pretty much transforming into a dinosaur, you can handle thundercat mizuki.

1) the episode where they were hunting that bug that could track scents. it was so poorly thought out. and the ending with naruto farting! come on! even if naruto hadn't broken wind and even if the bug had smelled sasuke's clothing then and there like they planned, were those 3 (shino, hinata, and naruto) really going to follow it all the way to orochimaru's lair and then take on orochimaru himself. those 3... tsk tsk tsk

2)the episode where naruto and shino were hired to attend a funeral and not laugh. do you really need ninja for that? ninja?!

3)the episode where gai and lee fought those training doll guys. That episode was a bad experience because for some reason I seriously believed that would be the last filler...

4)the recent filler with the fuchuu kogetsu or whatever. it was soo stupid. how about naruto and kiba getting manhandled by a bunch of chumps. how about just saying "fuchuu fugetsu" or whatever. Ha!
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 14:44   Link #15
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Hey! I liked the episode with thundercat mizuki. If you can handle kimimaro pretty much transforming into a dinosaur, you can handle thundercat mizuki.

1) the episode where they were hunting that bug that could track scents. it was so poorly thought out. and the ending with naruto farting! come on! even if naruto hadn't broken wind and even if the bug had smelled sasuke's clothing then and there like they planned, were those 3 (shino, hinata, and naruto) really going to follow it all the way to orochimaru's lair and then take on orochimaru himself. those 3... tsk tsk tsk

2)the episode where naruto and shino were hired to attend a funeral and not laugh. do you really need ninja for that? ninja?!

3)the episode where gai and lee fought those training doll guys. That episode was a bad experience because for some reason I seriously believed that would be the last filler...

4)the recent filler with the fuchuu kogetsu or whatever. it was soo stupid. how about naruto and kiba getting manhandled by a bunch of chumps. how about just saying "fuchuu fugetsu" or whatever. Ha!
3 - They fought training dolls?? That does sound lame. Want to expand more on this? A lot of us stopped early, so those of you who dared to venture further, id like to hear more about the lameness of the episode ^^

I believe i did watch the search for the bug arc, and Naruto farting was the saddest attempt at humor i have seen in an anime. I didn't like it when he defeated kiba like that... this was even more retarded.

Last edited by Dauthi; 2006-11-24 at 15:08.
Old 2006-11-24, 14:49   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

The Moment They made a trip to look for a Bug…oh yeah it became really frustrating when Hidnata developed an Uber Jutsu by herself. That's the last episode I saw of Naruto, I did get to see a clip of Mizuki the Thudercat, and it just reminded me to stay away from the fillers.
Old 2006-11-24, 19:52   Link #17
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

hm who the fuck is Hidnata....i watch then dump these fillers but i'm still sure there's no hidnata....in this. Can someone fill me in?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:54   Link #18
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
hm who the fuck is Hidnata....i watch then dump these fillers but i'm still sure there's no hidnata....in this. Can someone fill me in?
Hinata... who is practically the main character in that "bug arc". That should be obvious since he is talking about that arc...
Old 2006-11-24, 21:02   Link #19
kxnaruto

My worst filler experience was the Star country arc. It was by all means the worst. Yep I watched them all. It is one thing to have a one bad episode filler arc like the ninja postman arc but the Star arc kept getting worse by the second and we're talking lots and lots of seconds.

However, the most memorable filler moment for me was when Lee and Tenten were trying to infiltrate the Star country's kage house and Lee performed seals in preparation for a Ninjutsu!!!!!! The surprise look on Tenten's face was priceless until she discovered Lee was just pretending.
kxnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 21:13   Link #20
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

i tried to stop watching fillers..but how can i stop when there is little of tink of light that it might end after this one episode...plus i have nothing betta to do at work so why not!!!! HACHAAAA

BUT I SWARE!! IF THEY MAKE FUN OF ROCK LEE ONE MORE TIME!!!! SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE SHI*TING HOT SAUCE!!!
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote