AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 17:13   Link #41
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Sure, it can take more time to program a translation patch compared to a scanlation, but the time difference there isn't all that significant compared to the time it'll take to translate a long novel.
What? You seem misinformed. The hardest part is inserting the text into the game. Many projects get canned somewhere at that point. The translation can take a long time, but the insertion takes more time and is much harder.
Old 2006-12-14, 18:09   Link #42
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What? You seem misinformed. The hardest part is inserting the text into the game. Many projects get canned somewhere at that point. The translation can take a long time, but the insertion takes more time and is much harder.
Yeah, that's is what I always tought.
Old 2006-12-14, 18:54   Link #43
Thelastguardian

I thought Fate/Zero is a novel, not a game (But it is funny that Type-Moon asked Nitro+ to collaborate...)

The second i heard that Urobuchi Gen is writing the script, I smiled.

Urobuchi Gen is the scriptwriter of a number of h-games, including the famed Saya no Uta (horror game some people calls it )

If you have played though this game (all three endings) you would not doubt Urobuchi's writing and creative ability...it was one of the few games to make my stomache turn violently (do you really have to describe those "scenes" in such detail Urobuchi

Words do no justice to that game. You have to play it in 2:00am alone in the dark to get the full impact.

In any case, this novel should be interesting.

As for the hardest part of translating a game- insertion take the longest time. Not because its hard, but because it is boring.
If the game is popular though, you can have some amazing turnover rates yet finish the game in record speed.

For example, a chinese fansub group started translating Utarawareumono @ ~episode 3; They released the patch at ~episode 20
Another group finished inserting the Fate route of F/SN in 2 months

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-12-14 at 19:15.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 19:22   Link #44
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
It largely depends on the skills of those who are involved, translator and programmer wise. In the field of fan translations for bishojo games, capable and dedicated programmers do seem to be much more scarce than translators, and problems that occur while working with game scripts can be common. Not to mention the fact that text insertion can be much more tedious than translation. So on second thought, you're right. I stand corrected.

Either way, I only have enough dedication to be a serialized manga translator, so I'll just keep quiet about this topic and enjoy this Fate/Zero when it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I thought Fate/Zero is a novel, not a game (But it is funny that Type-Moon asked Nitro+ to collaborate...)
Maybe the offer came from Urobuchi-san first? Nasu did say in an interview that while he's not planning to add any more contents to the Fate world himself, he welcomes any outside offers. Either way, it's a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
Urobuchi Gen is the scriptwriter of a number of h-games, including the famed Saya no Uta (horror game some people calls it )

If you have played though this game (all three endings) you would not doubt Urobuchi's writing and creative ability...it was one of the few games to make my stomache turn violently (do you really have to describe those "scenes" in such detail Urobuchi

Words do no justice to that game. You have to play it in 2:00am alone in the dark to get the full impact.
Saya no Uta is a beautiful game. The concept about "perception of the world around you" was delivered so powerfully, it really sent a chill up my spine ("imagine if something like this really happened to someone... *shivers*")

The true ending(?)(The one with "birth") was really touching though. It reminds you that even though the story is completely twisted, it really is a love story after all. A really memorable game.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-12-14 at 19:35.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 19:48   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Either way, I only have enough dedication to be a serialized manga translator
I've seen your name pop up, thanks for the work. :3

Fate/zero is going to be epic, there's no doubt about that - deep down i'd rather have a game. With that we'd get more epic music by NUMBER201, of course rhu's voice appearing in somewhere, and yet again wonderful artwork (Saber in a suit :3) - though its a Novel, so it'll make up with the story being awesome all the way to the end.
Old 2006-12-29, 00:53   Link #46
Archer

Because this topic is still here for some strange reason...

Taken from Beast's Lair:

Tokiomi Tohsaka

Waver Velvet

Saber vs Lancer

Aoi Tohsaka

Irisviel von Einzbern

Iskandar

Ryunosuke Uryu

Said Lancer - Diarmuid Ua Duibhne

Kotomine Kirei

Maiya Hisau

Mother, Daughter, and Servant

Gilgamesh

Saber

Emiya Kiritsugu

Last edited by Archer; 2006-12-29 at 01:36.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 01:26   Link #47
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Because this topic is still here for some strange reason...

Taken from Beast's Lair:
もう、速報っていうレベルじゃねえぞ

C71 Day 1 isn't even over yet, and someone (at the event site) already uploaded the material book images online AND they managed to float onto an English forum? Scary...

Irisviel looks a little like Akiha. Her chest looks like Akiha too.

================
While we're at it, the official site has been updated with some special commentaries from some of the big shots: Urobuchi Gen, Nasu Kinoko, Takeuchi Takashi, and Haganeya Jin.

As expected, the only person with any intention of making a proper commentary was Takeuchi-san. The other three just screwed around as usual.

Haganeya-san's commentary gave me a good laugh.
There are three kind of kings:
(Japanese: The one who craved for tyranny)
Aleksandros
(Japanese: The one who lived by the code of chivalry)
King Arthur
(Japanese: The one who can't get a clue)
Gilgamesh

...Wait, that's my Gil-sama you're talking about there!
...Well, it's the truth anyway.
Old 2006-12-29, 01:34   Link #48
Archer

Man, I want to read that interview so badly

But really, it's amazing just how amazing the fans are, getting things here this quickly.

So, Gilgamesh was originally Tohsaka's, huh...

Last edited by Archer; 2006-12-29 at 09:59.
Old 2006-12-29, 11:04   Link #49
mlai

That's a strange interpretation of Alexander. He was known for being a child prodigy of war, and was very young when he died during his mad dash to conquer the world. He should have been depicted as FSN Lancer or Archer's age, at most. I had expected him to be a pretty boy.

The drawn version of Alexander that the team who did Aeon Flux came up with... that's stuck in my head.

And who the heck is this Zero Lancer?? The dude who ran away with Finn's wife and got hunted down and killed like a dog? I pity the fool who summoned him. His "noble phantasm" may be good for an ero game and might (big "might") work on Saber but that's about it.

Well, maybe he can charm the female Masters and make them command-seal their Servants.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 11:48   Link #50
Archer

So, here's the Master-Servant lineup for Fate/Zero:

Kiritsugu Emiya - Saber - Arturia
Tokiomi Tohsaka - Archer - Gilgamesh
Kirei Kotomine - Assassin - Hassan
Waver Velvet - Rider - Iskandar
Ryunosuke Uryu - Caster - Bluebeard(?)
Caithness - Lancer - Diarmuid Ua Duibhne
Matou(?) - Berserker - Unknown
Old 2006-12-29, 19:59   Link #51
mlai

God that picture in the images thread reminds me of Mulder and Scully. Thanks Archer.
When's the Zero novel coming out again? Exactly how illustrated is it? I hear it's a humongous multi-volume production? So over how long a period until all the volumes are out?
Old 2006-12-29, 20:04   Link #52
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
God that picture in the images thread reminds me of Mulder and Scully. Thanks Archer.
When's the Zero novel coming out again? Exactly how illustrated is it? I hear it's a humongous multi-volume production? So over how long a period until all the volumes are out?
Volume 1 was released in Comiket, but the public release is on Jan 13. It has some pictures accompanying the text, but it's mostly just text. Dunno on the number of volumes/length of time.
Old 2006-12-29, 20:42   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've checked out Material Zero, and i can easily say it made my year - you could probably tell with my avatar being who it is. Suit Saber is the ultimate love in my books. <3

I'm very impressed with how material zero turned out. Iskandar looks to be the power house he was built up to be, and well.. Irisviel is lovelovelove. Shame i'll never get a copy of the artbook.
Old 2006-12-30, 01:58   Link #54
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Shame i'll never get a copy of the artbook.
Perhaps Type-Moon will make the material book available on their site after this, just like they did with side material 1 and 2.
Old 2006-12-30, 07:09   Link #55
roan

Quote:
Haganeya-san's commentary gave me a good laugh.
There are three kind of kings:
(Japanese: The one who craved for tyranny)
Aleksandros
(Japanese: The one who lived by the code of chivalry)
King Arthur
(Japanese: The one who can't get a clue)
Gilgamesh

...Wait, that's my Gil-sama you're talking about there!
...Well, it's the truth anyway.
Original source of the commentary is
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:25   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Perhaps Type-Moon will make the material book available on their site after this, just like they did with side material 1 and 2.
Yeah, i was thinking that - though its not something i wanna get my hopes up with when there's nothing saying it'll happen. There's always a chance.. ^^;;
Old 2006-12-30, 09:36   Link #57
mlai

1. Eh? What's this "side material 1 and 2" and where can I dl it? 8D

2. In my ideal world, Iskandar and Gilgamesh would switch physical appearances (in both FSN and F0... dun care about FHA).
Old 2006-12-30, 09:39   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
1. Eh? What's this "side material 1 and 2" and where can I dl it?
You're not allowed to ask where to download.

& they're both artbooks for F/SN.
Old 2006-12-30, 09:55   Link #59
mlai

But someone just said that Type Moon made it available on their site.
Old 2006-12-30, 12:53   Link #60
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
Original source of the commentary is
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game
Yeah, Nasu-san mentioned it being a Ace Combat Zero parody in his diary.

Quote:
But someone just said that Type Moon made it available on their site.
Head to Type-Moon's official site:
http://www.typemoon.com/main.html

and check their download section.