AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-12-06, 21:12   Link #21
anselfir
Style Über Alles

no, but the voice does. a guy that sings like a girl is treated the same as a girl that sings like a girl in a voice recording, and a guy that looks like a girl who sings like a girl is treated the same as a girl that looks like a girl and sings like a girl in a video. The question is a bit ridiculous.
Old 2006-12-07, 00:48   Link #22
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
I like soft voice <3 ..female singer all da way (the soft voice one, not the rock/rap one. no one wants to be yell at..if I want to be yelled I'll find my mom :P )

Tanaka Rie =
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:07   Link #23
JaneSame
T-today J-Juniah!

It probably matters on what song you are singing. I don't think guys should sing "I'm just a Girl" or "I love being a girl" unless strictly under the influence of karaoke.
JaneSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 19:36   Link #24
Same_Shark

Try Ataru Nakamura, she's both.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 20:37   Link #25
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

For sure, it doesn't matter the gender of the singer, as long as they're good. It's just that, for me, being a guy, female singing voices are far more appealing to listen to than those of males
Old 2006-12-29, 06:07   Link #26
kohana28
Newbie on the Block

Smile

Age doesn't matter to me either! it's all about how they deliver themselves and their music see!?
kohana28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 01:55   Link #27
Sankari

It does matter. Even if you don't like theyr music, you can still watch theyr performance if they are hot enough. Just kidding but you get my point.

For heavy metal etc male singers are better, however, there are exceptions, like the singer of Arch enemy, what a voice that girl has, perhaps not the cutest but damn awesome for the music style!

For pop, I'd always choose female singer.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:23   Link #28
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Actually it does. For me I´ve always preferred to listen to female singers, whatever genre it might be.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 06:29   Link #29
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Gender does not matter for me.
And I don't see how it could for anyone actually caring about music.
Mueti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 00:18   Link #30
Arkhan

I couldn't imagine someone that would only like male or female singers. But one thing is true: some songs are made for a female singer, and others are made for a male singer, not only because of the lyrics, but also because of the tone. Example:

Cindy Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun

Do you think it would have worked if it had been "Boys just wanna have fun", sung by, for example, Jon Bon Jovi ? xD
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 01:57   Link #31
Nicol Armarfi
Blobbery.

Send a message via AIM to Nicol Armarfi Send a message via MSN to Nicol Armarfi
If you listen to alot of opera like I do, you will find that yes, it indeed does: Opera's tell stories, aswell, females generally have a higher pitched voice than males. This is very neccesary in order to have a proper SATB group. Aswell, male's generally have stronger voices, of which can be used in very strange ways. Females generally have more of a... High voice, which is a must in today's music. But either than that, I don't see any differance.
Nicol Armarfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:13   Link #32
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Yes, the gender does matter, when you listen to music that i like.
Namely Black/Death metal and even folk metal, bands like Dark Funeral, Amon Amarth and Moonsorrow. Female vocals just don't fit in. There are black metal bands, who have female vocalists, but female growls just sound wrong since a woman's voice is naturally higher than a man's.
Of course I like bands that play gothic metal/rock such as Nightwish and Celestial Crown, who have female vocalists but to me, a man's voice sounds better, when it comes to music.
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:49   Link #33
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Skype™ to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Mostly, I prefer female singing over male singing, maybe because I want to be able to sing along and, even though sometimes the females sing too high, the males mostly sing too low. >.<

But it really depends on the guy singing, for example, I looooove to listen to Miyano Mamoru's singing XD but that's because he just ghas an awefully sexy voice.

Then, I'm also a huge fan of UVERworld and Home Made Kazoku.

So.. yeah...

But, really, I prefer females XD
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 15:26   Link #34
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

Like most have said, gender doesn't matter at all. I'm a dude and I prefer guys singing but I have tons of female bands/artists on my playlist. (Meg & Dia, Flyleaf, Damone, High And Mighty Color, Paramore, and some more random stuff.)

And Meg & Dia PWN.

Last edited by iamtheSOUND; 2007-01-10 at 04:08.
iamtheSOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 22:07   Link #35
Renvi
Seimei

I like both, but I do listen to a lot of songs sung by guys. Being able to sing well and being attractive is always a plus...esspecially when watching videos and performances of them on YouTube or the Kohaku Festival. :3 (btw, I'm a girl...so yea. >>)
But I listen to a lot of girls too. They're pretty and i envy them for it (XD) but as long as they sing well, I'll listen. hell, I'm listening to Nami Tamaki right now...
Renvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 04:09   Link #36
NightShade
Above and Beyond Fan

Send a message via MSN to NightShade
i prefer a woman singing.... i just like a way more how they sing.... they are meant to sing!!!
Well ok some males can sing pretty good but i just prefer girls singing i like listening them
Btw im a guy
Old 2007-01-12, 11:30   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Having heard some really ace female metal rockers, I find it pretty sad that it is the younger posters being less open to the concept. Metal rock is a bit more than low-key growling and repeat until no one cares.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 12:04   Link #38
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

If we look live performances. Of course its gonna matter. If we look at pop-music. Sure ass hell I'd rather have a female on stage then some dude.

There are some songs that are strictly male and strictly female. Mainly cause of the lyrics.

PS: You guys should check Yellowcard-everywhere. Its the remix of the song of Michelle Branch. Kinda intresting to compare those 2.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:18   Link #39
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Having heard some really ace female metal rockers, I find it pretty sad that it is the younger posters being less open to the concept. Metal rock is a bit more than low-key growling and repeat until no one cares.
Can you give a few examples on those metal rockers?

I know more about classic rock than metal. And, in classic rock, the low-percentage female singers usually have a specific voice that highly matches the genre and the songs they sing. I don't know the main reason for lack of female singers (the companies, the band members not approving a female lead, the public viewpoint, etc.), but, the ones known are usually powerful singers (janis joplin, heart's singer, jefferson airplane's singer, joni mitchell, fleetwood mac's singer, patti smith, nico). For males, having a powerful voice is not a must (I guess, bob dylan might be an appropriate example for that), but for females that should be the case, at least with a much higher percentage.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 09:51   Link #40
Narum1
The Downward Spiral

Send a message via MSN to Narum1
The gender does matter, but not *that* much, for me at least.
I wouldn't listen to some artist just based on their physical attributes (Something a lot of people tend to do nowadays)
If it has skill, if it has lyrics, then its good enough for me, although I'm more used to listening to women when its j-pop, and to men in j-rock.
Narum1 is offline   Reply With Quote