AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-15, 09:52   Link #421
Ronny

o.o;, I think I'm gonna stop reading them blogs as the changes from the manga have became rather drastic. This episode was pretty much a complete retelling of the original. Chizu's character is also pretty different as she
Spoiler for how it happened in the manga:
(note: don't be afraid to read the spoiler, if you seen episode 6, as it's done, it won't happen ever in the anime anymore)

From what I read it sounds very nicely done though, I do prefer the manga, but I'm not gonna be following an angry mob. Basically, as long as it's nicely executed, they can change what they want.. I prefer to be surprised :3.
So, thanks for the post Impz, but with these drastic changes, I shall wait for the subs from now on teehee ^^; (well, if I can resist the urge >_> )
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 11:37   Link #422
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
o.o;, I think I'm gonna stop reading them blogs as the changes from the manga have became rather drastic. This episode was pretty much a complete retelling of the original. Chizu's character is also pretty different as she
Spoiler for how it happened in the manga:
(note: don't be afraid to read the spoiler, if you seen episode 6, as it's done, it won't happen ever in the anime anymore)

From what I read it sounds very nicely done though, I do prefer the manga, but I'm not gonna be following an angry mob. Basically, as long as it's nicely executed, they can change what they want.. I prefer to be surprised :3.
So, thanks for the post Impz, but with these drastic changes, I shall wait for the subs from now on teehee ^^; (well, if I can resist the urge >_> )
hahahaha! The temptation of the dark side is always very strong, my friend. After reading the spoiler, I think I still will prefer the anime part since my stomach for psychotic stuff that is way too dramatic is not that huge to be honest.

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 11:45   Link #423
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A very so kind Impz gave me a link to the preview images for episode 07.

Spoiler for Episode 07 preview:

Now for manga talk:
Spoiler for Episode 07/manga:
Old 2007-05-15, 13:09   Link #424
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
hahahaha! The temptation of the dark side is always very strong, my friend. After reading the spoiler, I think I still will prefer the anime part since my stomach for psychotic stuff that is way too dramatic is not that huge to be honest.
lol, yea I'll prolly end up reading them anywho ; ;

Those preview shots look promising though, I have no doubt left that her story will be changed as well, but hopefully they'll keep it up like they have so far and I have no complaints. Especially that last shot with Chizu's face looks menacing :x

Btw, is it me or does the teacher look a bit older than he does in the manga?
Old 2007-05-15, 13:23   Link #425
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
lBtw, is it me or does the teacher look a bit older than he does in the manga?
Thinking about it he does look a bit older. Who knows if this is apart of the manga change, or if its just that one shot.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:48   Link #426
Ronny

I've been thinking a little bit and, based on spoilers from the manga, here's what I think will happen the coming episodes with Chizu:
Spoiler for speculation based on manga:

Last edited by Ronny; 2007-05-15 at 17:02.
Old 2007-05-16, 19:46   Link #427
Diedrupo

The events in ep 6 were flat out terrible. So bad, that I don't even want to bother discussing them in spoiler space.

However, given the episodic nature of Bokurano, that doesn't mean that the story quality will continue to decline, there is a chance that the next few stories will go back to the quality of the first two kids.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 07:42   Link #428
Rion
Ramune~

@Diedrupo: So... why was it terrible? Unmoralic?

Well, it seems I am part of the "angry mob" who is annoyed at the changes from the manga... oh well.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 08:48   Link #429
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
@Diedrupo: So... why was it terrible? Unmoralic?

Well, it seems I am part of the "angry mob" who is annoyed at the changes from the manga... oh well.
No, it was terrible because it was simply poorly written and convoluted. I don't think they needed to completely re-enact the manga events, but they certainly could have done a better job with Kako's storyline. He was essentially a wasted character.
Old 2007-05-17, 08:53   Link #430
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
He was essentially a wasted character.
I wouldn't say wasted --- it makes a lot of sense that we'd get one of the pilots to react to the situation like he did. Thats what i believe the manga-ka was trying to get at.

& if you don't like the anime changes, then thats just people's opinions --- though as a huge fan of the manga, i find it interesting that they are doing changes like this, that are interesting for the story. Its also good to see new material.
Old 2007-05-17, 11:49   Link #431
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't say wasted --- it makes a lot of sense that we'd get one of the pilots to react to the situation like he did. Thats what i believe the manga-ka was trying to get at.
It seems Diedrupo is criticizing that the mangaka actually wanted to get at something completely different. I haven't seen episode 6 yet, but so far, I have found most deviations from the original story (except for the first 2 episodes) pretty weak. And if he says Kako's story was poorly written in the anime, then, hm, I totally believe him.

Sigh, I re-watched the first part of episode 1 again and still think that this anime started off really well, even though it was different from the manga. And now I feel gonzo-ed again. >.< But that's me. I'm glad for all the people who still enjoy the series.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 13:17   Link #432
Ronny

..I don't see what they changed about Kako, personality and actions are pretty much all the same just different settings, they only removed the part where
Spoiler for meh:
which ain't that big a deal.

Only character who significantly changed is Chizu, which didn't need to happen. Now until I actually see the episode myself I can't really comment on it, but from what I read in the summary, it's not that badly executed and still makes for a good story, the only big complaint I have is that
Spoiler for manga & ep6:
But that doesn't mean the episode is bad, plus they get to make up for Chizu the next episodes.
Old 2007-05-17, 20:20   Link #433
Diedrupo

Quote:
..I don't see what they changed about Kako, personality and actions are pretty much all the same just different settings, they only removed the part where
Spoiler for meh:

Only character who significantly changed is Chizu, which didn't need to happen. Now until I actually see the episode myself I can't really comment on it, but from what I read in the summary, it's not that badly executed and still makes for a good story, the only big complaint I have is that
Spoiler for manga & ep6:
But that doesn't mean the episode is bad, plus they get to make up for Chizu the next episodes.
Well if you watch the episode, i'm sure you will have the same reaction as me. You can't just rely on a summary of the episode.

I don't like how they handled Chizu either, but her situation is a little more understandable.

Quote:
& if you don't like the anime changes, then thats just people's opinions --- though as a huge fan of the manga, i find it interesting that they are doing changes like this, that are interesting for the story. Its also good to see new material.
I have nothing against new material, as long as it is of decent quality. This episode was of typical subpar Gonzofied quality. For one, Kako is barely even in the episode. People are cheering that he actually got to touch Chizu (unlike in the manga), but that isn't worth giving him about 5 minutes of screentime in a 23 minute episode and a
Spoiler:
that could have been done much better.

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-05-17 at 23:06.
Old 2007-05-17, 20:52   Link #434
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Spoiler for meh:

Spoiler for manga & ep6:
Maybe they are still sensitive about Nevada-tan.

Edit: I found that there's worse than Nevada-tan now. From the AoD forum, this is just...

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-18 at 11:52.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 14:12   Link #435
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
okey jumping onto the bandwagon ive just watched ep 1 and 2 of this series...and wow im impressed...
at first i wasnt too sure what to make out from this series but seeing that ending from ep 2 im sold! O.o

so its a "(death) game" ~ kinda gives me the connection back to other death games like gantz and Battle Royale

*carries on watching*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 13:56   Link #436
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You are correct though, I haven't seen any Bokurano yet, but Sugita Tomokazu who I have now seen in about 7 roles all played in the exact same "arrogant with freak outs way" (Even Bullet from SRW OG: OVA) has not given me any reason to believe he is flexible. I've taken to comparing him to Adam Sandler recently as I find the characters they are cast as (Sandler of course casting himself a lot of the time) to be similar and I've found Sugita has the same problem Sandler has in trying to do serious non-comedic roles, his usual vocal traits always seem to poke through and ruin his effort. For this reason and the fact that I can only go by what I know (much of his catalogue), I have a feeling he won't be able to carry the disciplined Daichi role.
He plays Soldier Blue on To Terra and I don't find him arrogant at all. He's really calm and collected. No freaking out either...that would be really weird if he did behave like that. Too out of character. If he can pull off staying in-character there I don't think he'll have too much trouble with Daichi. However, I haven't seen him in too many other roles. So who knows...
Old 2007-05-21, 16:53   Link #437
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for Episode 7:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 17:09   Link #438
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2007-05-21, 18:38   Link #439
Seiryuu

Waiting for 7, but I was surprised at just how severely they toned things down.
Spoiler:
I just hope they keep the less risque stories unchanged. I really loved some of these stories and don't want to see them all butchered.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 20:45   Link #440
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Spoiler for ep7:

Spoiler:

Tags
drama, mecha