AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-23, 09:23   Link #581
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
For a character who has mostly been bitching and being an ass so far, Jun is set up as a character that would be the focus of hate and/or annoyance. He has not shown any redeeming qualities yet.

Moji has been very level-headed throughout and he, together with Daichi, have been exemplary in their thoughts and actions.
Exactly my point :P

I so hate him ^_^;;; I think i am loving to hate Jun ^^. Thanks for all who find my post useful!

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 10:04   Link #582
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

OK, I am very late but I am not going to bitch about the director changing things and intending to change even more. Even though I hate it when characters are being resurrected just for the sake of it, ignoring plot logic, biology, physics or whatever laws, he might somehow pull it off. I am quite impressed by the eight episodes I have watched. No point bitching before the damage is done. And if it becomes a trainwreck, at least I might understand better why so many people hate GONZO.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:03   Link #583
Diedrupo

Honestly, the Bokurano kids would be kind of boring if they were all like Moji and Daichi. I really like the variety they currently have, and having kids like Kako or Jun spices it up. Jun is really the only bad kid left, so I'd expect him to stick around for a while.

The fact that people downright *hate* Jun makes him a great character IMO.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:21   Link #584
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Honestly, the Bokurano kids would be kind of boring if they were all like Moji and Daichi. I really like the variety they currently have, and having kids like Kako or Jun spices it up. Jun is really the only bad kid left, so I'd expect him to stick around for a while.
Don't get me wrong. I like the mix of kids so far. It takes all kinds to make the world. We can't have them all like Moji and Daichi - otherwise, we will not be able to see the contrast between those who have been exemplary and those who have not been. Each of them have a story to tell. Even Waku who did not seem to get much time. However, his talk at night with Moji lets us know his disappointment with his father not being there to watch him in the events that he takes part but that he has come to accept it is further reflected during his funeral when his father breaks down and is highly remorseful and in deep regret for not spending time with his son.

Quote:
The fact that people downright *hate* Jun makes him a great character IMO.
I don't even hate Jun because I'm well aware of the kind of character they have made him. He is a necessary character who inhabits the cynical corner and makes it his domain. If and when his time comes, we'll see what he'll do and assess him on his merits.

So far, the director has chosen not to be as perverse and cynical as the mangaka has in the manga with the anime. The characters and events in the anime feels a lot more grounded rather than the voyeuristic sensationalistic feel of the manga.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:40   Link #585
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Honestly, the Bokurano kids would be kind of boring if they were all like Moji and Daichi.
i agree...and with 3 honorable deaths in a row i really hope there will be some twist come ep 12
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 13:53   Link #586
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Jun is really the only bad kid left, so I'd expect him to stick around for a while.
Keeping that in mind, its strange that Gonzo went with three troubled kids, then three that are 'good'. Maybe i'm looking to much into it, though i wonder if that was planned out from the beginning.

I still find it strange that the pilot order has been changed around. :3
Old 2007-06-23, 15:19   Link #587
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Keeping that in mind, its strange that Gonzo went with three troubled kids, then three that are 'good'. Maybe i'm looking to much into it, though i wonder if that was planned out from the beginning.

I still find it strange that the pilot order has been changed around. :3
Don't think that means anything

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-23, 16:29   Link #588
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Don't think that means anything

Spoiler:
Yeah, i was looking to much into it, ah well.

I have just clicked onto something though:

Spoiler for Episodes 12/13 & manga:
Old 2007-06-23, 21:28   Link #589
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just finished episode 8

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2007-06-24, 00:54   Link #590
Guido

Bokurano. Vengeance

I have also watched the eighth episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
I could not have put in a better way, Sinestra.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 16:44   Link #591
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Gah! All I kept thinking while Chizu was piloting was "Sensei is gonna get it!!" and she....
Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Same here! Im gonna wait too.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 20:55   Link #592
Diedrupo

Haha this is awesome: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm504117

Ep 12/13 potential spoiler:
Spoiler:

Oh since the big recent manga spoiler hadn't come out when ep 9 aired, upon rewatching it, I noticed something during an original anime scene:

BIG MANGA SPOILER-RELATED (though if you are Impz, you were already spoiled on this)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-06-24 at 23:42.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:44   Link #593
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Haha this is awesome: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm504117

Ep 12/13 potential spoiler:
Spoiler:

Oh since the big recent manga spoiler hadn't come out when ep 9 aired, upon rewatching it, I noticed something during an original anime scene:

BIG MANGA SPOILER-RELATED (though if you are Impz, you were already spoiled on this)
Spoiler:
Sigh, yes. Being spoiled by a reader is always the worst thing ever, considering that I have to clean up the spoilers in my own blog. Now, leave me in peace for a moment while I make a voodoo doll to curse Jun forever.

*i am so brainlessly pissed at him even more now*

Click the signature!
Old 2007-06-25, 04:54   Link #594
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for future episodes/manga spoilers:

Episode 09 was brilliant, i'd say the best episode to date --- a great adaptation from the manga.
Old 2007-06-25, 07:29   Link #595
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 9.

There, they've done it. They've
Spoiler:
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 07:59   Link #596
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Epi 9

After Chizu's arc I was kinda glad this was a 1-shot epi, though it still was heart-wrentching to watch. Jun is fun to hate

@Impz: Sorry you got spoiled, I know you hate that. Ive stayed away from your blog for that reason since unlike GH, I know nothing of Bokurano and Id like to keep it that way.

Question and maybe I missed this from earlier epis. Jun's sister isnt contracted, I know that but does she show up with him everytime all the kids are called?
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2007-06-25, 10:21   Link #597
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

@White Manju Bun: Yep, she does show up since she is allowed to join them. That's all. :P To add, ya, i am the poor person who has to put spoiler tags when people dump spoilers

Click the signature!
Old 2007-06-25, 12:26   Link #598
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Finally I've caught up with this series.

Chizu's arc was definitely the most saddening and touching so far, they spent 2 episodes on it but I think they was well worthy. I'm just a bit unhappy that she couldn't end her vengeance with that horrible Hatagai sensei.

Next was Daichi, one of the most likeable characters of the show. They made it quite quicky, I thought that after Chizu the 2 episode for arc would become a trend, but it appears not.

After that I went a bit ahead and watched episode 10, even if not subbed yet.

Spoiler for episode 10:

All in all, great series. I really can't fault anything here, if not perhaps the fact that some stories seem a bit rushed. I don't know where the story is aimed nor how much background episodes will be needed, but as I said before having 2 episodes for each character wouldn't be bad (make them 1 and a half if it's too much). However, it's to see how they'll handle the future episodes.

The designs are simple but incredibly fitting the mood. To put it simply, while the characters individually don't have much screen time, it's pretty easy to like (or hate) at least some of them. With so few episodes, and with the obligatory time spent for explanations and politic background, this is to put as a great merit to the production value.
Probably it has been said to exhaustion, but let me repeat once again how Opening and Ending are fantastic, either for musics, lyrics and for how they blend with the visuals.

Right now, Bokurano is certainly among my top three series of the season.
Old 2007-06-25, 16:39   Link #599
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelli
I'm just a bit unhappy that she couldn't end her vengeance with that horrible Hatagai sensei.
As I stated in my post I was also upset with that, the guy so deserved it!!

Ive raved about the OST in earlier posts but Ive really been loving it in the last few epis, epsc the end of 8 with Chizu.
I do have one thought, Daiichi was the first person to ask Dung Beetle what he does with the bodies...so what did he do with the other kids bodies before Daiichi made a specific request?? Since he can really do whatever he wants...
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2007-06-25, 16:51   Link #600
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ive raved about the OST in earlier posts but Ive really been loving it in the last few epis, epsc the end of 8 with Chizu.
Yeah, there's been an increase of classic type tracks used in the battle scenes. I never thought about this back with the manga, though they work wonders. Shame there's no release date yet for the soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I do have one thought, Daiichi was the first person to ask Dung Beetle what he does with the bodies...so what did he do with the other kids bodies before Daiichi made a specific request?? Since he can really do whatever he wants...
I can't remember if this was mentioned in the manga (been a while since i've read around Daichi's arc), though i think its the same as Daichi, just left inside Zearth --- that or it was never mentioned in the manga.

Though saying that, in the manga Daichi's arc came before Kako's & Chizu's.

Tags
drama, mecha