AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-02, 14:33   Link #621
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
First of Id like to say this is a very sad series, its been a long time since I cryed from an anime and episode 8 with Chizu dieing did it, but I was curious about something, something keeps bugging me, this was only supposed to be a new experimental game from episode 1, do you think its possible no one has died its like just some virtual reality thing, not sure how to explain it anymore.
Any thoughts?
It's possible, but we have no idea if that will be the case or not. It would certainly be rather deus ex machina, so there's no telling if Gonzo or Kitoh will be doing that.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 19:23   Link #622
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
It's possible, but we have no idea if that will be the case or not. It would certainly be rather deus ex machina, so there's no telling if Gonzo or Kitoh will be doing that.
(first post!) That'd seem like a bit of a cop out. Wouldn't that be ... having all of these kids die awful, awful deaths and endure so much psychological and physical torment, and then all of a sudden someone says, "Thanks for playing!" and they're all still on the beach. Yes, I can see it now: then the teacher calls them in to report on their day, and it turns into a big ol' message about how they grew or some other kind of sap...

I don't know GONZO all that well, but if they do it like that (which isn't exactly what I'm thinking)... heads will roll.
kuruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 19:37   Link #623
karumofin

since the director has officially stated that he hates the story of bokurano anything can happen
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:12   Link #624
Diedrupo

By the way, I am back from Anime Expo and Chiaki Ishikawa, the singer of the Bokurano OP and ED, was there. I went to her panel. She confirmed that Uninstall has nothing to do with the traditional computer sense, which should put to rest theories that the kids will be uninstalled from the game after it ends. She said the term meant that kids learn how to live a certain way from their parents and this knowledge must be uninstalled once they are adults and have to face reality.

I also attended her concert and was in the middle of the first row, meaning she was right in front of me. Man that was freakin' awesome, especially hearing her perform Uninstall.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:46   Link #625
Diedrupo

So anyone watch ep 13? All i can say is...

HOLY SHIT!!!

I mean I knew what was going to happen (Gonzo didn't fuck this episode up by changing the story) and the way the anime did it was, wow, you really felt it.

I'm not going to post spoilers yet, still watching the ep. But damn!!!!!!! Can't wait to see Impz's reaction to it.

Edit: episode finished. Wow. No manga spoilers this time (spoiler on next kid included).

Spoiler:

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-07-03 at 23:10.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:55   Link #626
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Quote:
By the way, I am back from Anime Expo and Chiaki Ishikawa, the singer of the Bokurano OP and ED, was there. I went to her panel. She confirmed that Uninstall has nothing to do with the traditional computer sense, which should put to rest theories that the kids will be uninstalled from the game after it ends. She said the term meant that kids learn how to live a certain way from their parents and this knowledge must be uninstalled once they are adults and have to face reality.

I also attended her concert and was in the middle of the first row, meaning she was right in front of me. Man that was freakin' awesome, especially hearing her perform Uninstall.
...You...

I'm still waiting to see the pwnage scene. (I'm honestly, rather behind in the anime @__@)
Old 2007-07-04, 13:24   Link #627
Onniguru

Sorry Im late with the images this week, even though the episode has been available for over a day now.

Im converting my <expletive> static image pages to use an XML writer/reader. Writing the code myself in both javascript and asp.net. Its a very simple script but I'm still not done yet . Once I am, I'll post some new images .

Edit: I couldn't make Anime Expo this year. Was licensing for Bokurano announced, does anyone know?

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-07-07 at 13:44. Reason: for ...less... clarity :)
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 17:04   Link #628
Onniguru

Three hours later and no new posts

Anyway, I finally found the time to actually *watch* the entire episode, and all I can say is:
Spoiler for episode 13 raw:

I've decided to release my Usual Images - Only moderate spoilers in these ones in two parts this week.

The ones shown in the link above, are the more "mundane" ones, that show
Spoiler for minor episode 13 spoilers:
. I stopped "part A" at the point where the HUGE spoilers start, and will release those separately as a "part b" later.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:20   Link #629
Diedrupo

Yeah I was hoping for more discussion of this particular episode by now. I guess the regulars haven't seen it yet...

Bokurano wasn't licensed. Which is a good thing for now, but I hope it does get licensed in the future.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:54   Link #630
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 13:

As for the new ED --- beautiful. Both song & video.
Old 2007-07-04, 18:17   Link #631
Ronny

Well it sure sounds and looks lovely.

Was the animation quality higher this week than previous weeks? 'Caus it looks outstanding.

But man, halfway point already, extremely curious how things will develop from now on (or after the next arc moreso).
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 12:17   Link #632
Diedrupo

So next episode titles revealed:

14 - Perplexity
15 - Self-Destruction
16- Truth
17 - Affection

Spoiler speculation for next pilots
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-05, 17:45   Link #633
Iriliane

Okay episode 13... It was good and the deviation from the manga looks interesting but (and I'm sure people are tired of me complaining about this) the changes to Maki's battle from the manga make Zearth a relatively boring mecha compared to the manga version (I realize I shouldn't be comparing them and yes I also realize the battles aren't the focus of the show but nonetheless...).

So far whenever we see Zearth fight all it does is swing it's arms at the enemies until they die. Every time there has been a battle that would require any degree of additional effort in animating Zearth (Moji's blender and Maki's switches in Zearth's composition most notably) the battle is either simplified (Maki pinning the helicopter enemy with Zearth's broken arm) or outright changed (The twin enemies Moji fights). This isn't to say the anime version of events is bad, in fact I quite enjoyed those two battles. It's just that GONZO doesn't seem to be willing to put much budget into this tittle.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying the adaptation and look forward to seeing where this latest change brings us. Also since we're going into Kirie's arc now I'm really hoping that we'll actually get to see him fight this time.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:10   Link #634
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

I'll give my two cents:

All I can say about Ep. 13 is... whoa. *whoa!* I have a very limited understanding of Japanese, but what I do know is that Koemushi may certainly be the devil (that laugh...) and the end of the battle brings things into a whole new realm. Sure we knew what happened, but now *how* it happened... looking forward to the next arc, for sure!
(Honestly, I was a little worried with the ending -- they all looked so happy! *even Jun! O.o!? But like with the Narutaru opening, will happy = OMGpain! in the next half? Ooooooh, can't wait.)

The suspense... is delicious.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:05   Link #635
Onniguru

Ok, here is the second set of images I promised! These are the Big Spoiler Ones, so don't look at them if you haven't seen 13 and don't want it spoiled!

Link to Images Part B -Huge Spoilers You've Been Warned
Old 2007-07-06, 00:49   Link #636
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

;_; i am still trying to get the download on my side. I will blog it once i get it though :P

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 10:16   Link #637
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Woot, coupled with the images above, the extensive summary of Episode 13 + thoughts and of course screenshots is up in my blog. For those who want a bit more detail, do visit and comment Poor Impzie will be bored if you don't :P

Cheers!

On my thoughts, if I have to say in one single word for this episode

Spoiler:

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 11:21   Link #638
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler speculation for next pilots
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga/future episodes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
On my thoughts, if I have to say in one single word for this episode

Spoiler:
I can easily agree with you.
Old 2007-07-10, 20:49   Link #639
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

I've been searching for the new ED but I can't find it anywhere! haha... It's called "Vermilion" by Chiaki Ishikawa. Lovely, lovely song. I'm addicted to it as I was with Uninstal and I am STILL addicted to Uninstal. XD
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:35   Link #640
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Patience, young one, patience...

Tags
drama, mecha