AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OAV 1 Rating
Perfect 10 60 35.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 18.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-26, 03:05   Link #61
Guido

I'm just going to say that SUNRISE elevated the standard to the heavens.

Everything from the music to the animation seems out from motion-picture, production values.

Many soundtrack songs were updated with newer renditions, some were quite scary or ominous to listen.

I'm just glad that the writers chose to incapacitate the powerhouses: Miyu, Shizuru, and Miss Maria (the fossil lady can everythings butt in a split of a second).

Seriously, Mai-Otome felt too overkill for me with the otome having this insane power able to make chop-suey to a million fleet of enemies in about a three seconds.
I never liked Miyu to have a near Deus-Ex Machina power and knowledge about what was going on the planet and choosing to be underneath the shadows instead.

Shizuru is Shizuru all the way to the end, but she was the Goddess among the Otome in terms of omnipotency in the Mai-Otome show. Good grief she's out of vacation getting a tan under the hot sun of the desert, though I don't think she's getting any sunburn while being literally in the stone.

Finally, this unidentified enemy is a worthy antagonist that has proven to make the Otome go sweat and dropping them all like dead flies with cunning, accuracy, and working on favor to the element of surprise.

Arika in particular needs some sort of losing streak and fatality to learn that always that there are stronger people out there. However, I know for sure she'll work around to circumvent her limitations to grow wiser and even more powerful.

I'll be even insane to suggest that maybe Arika would acquire a third robe at the end of the OVA series.
Old 2006-11-26, 11:11   Link #62
Cloudy

Spoiler:

I hope the OVA will end on a different note instead of having Arika receiving another power up.

Can anyone translate what the seiyuus said during the audio commentary.It's funny that they mentioned double zeta gundam and freedom gundam.
Old 2006-11-26, 11:53   Link #63
sei

I can't sleep if I don't write these down.I need to get it off my mind.

my 2cents thoughts/speculations
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-26, 15:41   Link #64
viet80

Argh!! I can't wait! I can't wait for the subs!!
Old 2006-11-26, 21:21   Link #65
haruka108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
It's a Mai-HiME novel, not a Gundam thing, which starts from 2007 Spring in Novel Japan Magazine. Its stage is Fuuka Gakuen in Hokkaido, and the new main character's name is Maya or Mayo. Arika, Natsuki and Shizuru will also appear. I think it's a sequel or parallel world of Mai-HiME, not Mai-Otome.
novel? as in all words?

(and thank you Catgirls for moving the image to imageshack)

i wanna know what Mika and Ami said in the commentary or whatever it is too! Koshimizu-san seems very anxious to know where Nina went... and i think they were comparing Otome to the Gundam series? and were trying to guess who the shadow Otome is?
Old 2006-11-26, 23:11   Link #66
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by haruka108 View Post
novel? as in all words?
No, it'd probably have a few illustrations in each chapter.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2006-11-26 at 23:23.
Old 2006-11-26, 23:26   Link #67
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruka108 View Post
novel? as in all words?

(and thank you Catgirls for moving the image to imageshack)

i wanna know what Mika and Ami said in the commentary or whatever it is too! Koshimizu-san seems very anxious to know where Nina went... and i think they were comparing Otome to the Gundam series? and were trying to guess who the shadow Otome is?

Why on earth is Koshimizu wondering where Nina is, since it was allegedly her big blow-up with Sunrise that led to Nina being removed from the OVA? Considering that the producers apparently said that they had to make "major" changes to the plot of the OVA because of Koshimizu storming out, if the story *is* true, it seems kind of disingenuous for her to be commenting on Nina's apparent disappearance. Anyone know if this fight was ever confirmed, or is it still just rumor and speculation?

Spoilers for speculation on what Nina's role might have been:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Amaiko; 2006-11-27 at 00:56.
Old 2006-11-27, 00:23   Link #68
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Assessment of what we got so far:

1) Well well well, at least there is some animation in the combat scenes as opposed to just panning across still images....

2) ....not to mention this production is visually crisp, lush and rich, particularly in the meteor shower scene.

3) And My oh My (or should that be Mai oh Mai ) don't you fellas think that Arika-Chan... ahem... "grown" a bit too much in just one year?

Hell, in this episode she bounces more than even Mai does!!

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Old 2006-11-27, 00:56   Link #69
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko View Post
Why on earth is Koshimizu wondering where Nina is, since it was alleged that it was her big blow-up with Sunrise that led to Nina being removed from the OVA? Considering that the producers apparently said that they had to make "major" changes to the plot of the OVA because of Koshimizu storming out, if the story *is* true, it seems kind of disingenuous for her to be commenting on Nina's alleged disappearance. Anyone know if this fight was ever confirmed, or is it still just rumor and speculation?
Nina's in the OVA, she'll be allegedly having a voiced role in the next episode, at least according the product page for DVD 2 on Bandai Visual's site.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-27, 03:26   Link #70
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Nina's in the OVA, she'll be allegedly having a voiced role in the next episode, at least according the product page for DVD 2 on Bandai Visual's site.

Spoiler:
Yes, I know. However, Koshimizu doesn't need to be involved for Sunrise to stick Nina in a five-second, non-speaking role: it's not as if she owns the character.

That's what I was talking about when I asked why Koshimizu was asking about Nina's lack of role in the first OVA; if Koshimizu did have a fight with Sunrise and that was the reason Nina was essentially left out of the first episode, then why is she wondering why Nina's not there? Unless it was more of a joke on her part then anything.

Is Koshimizu still listed as Nina's seiyuu on the OVA2 page, or does it just say that Nina will have a speaking role this time?
Old 2006-11-27, 03:33   Link #71
Tokkan

Quote:
Is Koshimizu still listed as Nina's seiyuu on the OVA2 page, or does it just say that Nina will have a speaking role this time?
Quote:
[ キャスト ]
アリカ:菊地美香/ハルカ:柚木涼香/ユキノ:能登麻美子/サラ:沢城みゆき/チエ:斎賀みつき/ナツキ: 千葉紗子/ニナ:小清水亜美 他
The bolded is "Nina:Koshimizu Ami". Considering she's actually listed, she must have a big role in the episode.

Quote:
That's what I was talking about when I asked why Koshimizu was asking about Nina's lack of role in the first OVA; if Koshimizu did have a fight with Sunrise and that was the reason Nina was essentially left out of the first episode, then why is she wondering why Nina's not there? Unless it was more of a joke on her part then anything.
It's a joke, definitely. It's like in that Futurama DVD audio commentary where Billy West spoke using Zoidberg's voice and cheered whenever Zoidberg was on screen.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2006-11-27 at 03:54.
Old 2006-11-27, 04:35   Link #72
Shigan
Forever a Journey

*cough* I just noticed, but did Arinko grow another two sizes or so in Zwei? O_o

I'll be holding my thumbs for a Natsuki vs. fake-Shizuru battle, hoo-yeah ^^
Old 2006-11-27, 12:19   Link #73
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Wow The Update of the Official Site O_o
2 New Novel and a Comic for Winter 2007 O_o
Old 2006-11-27, 14:49   Link #74
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
The bolded is "Nina:Koshimizu Ami". Considering she's actually listed, she must have a big role in the episode.

It's a joke, definitely. It's like in that Futurama DVD audio commentary where Billy West spoke using Zoidberg's voice and cheered whenever Zoidberg was on screen.
I still think that it's slightly odd for her to be joking about it if she did have a big fight with Sunrise like the rumor says, but meh, whatever: if Sunrise let her back for the commentary, they must have patched things up fairly quickly then.

Pity that Nina won't be gone longer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
*cough* I just noticed, but did Arinko grow another two sizes or so in Zwei? O_o

I'll be holding my thumbs for a Natsuki vs. fake-Shizuru battle, hoo-yeah ^^
Well, Arika is virtually a physical clone of her mother except for her hair color and a slight difference in style, and judging from her game Materialize, Rena is just about up there with Mai and Haruka bust-wise...Arika still has a ways to go.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:14   Link #75
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
Anyone have a clue when the sub will be availble? I'm going nuts here =(
Old 2006-11-27, 20:28   Link #76
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
Anyone have a clue when the sub will be availble? I'm going nuts here =(
Yep. You can find information right here:

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=324

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-27, 22:35   Link #77
Sakuya
*Artist

If Nina does come back as a fighter, and if she does have a new Robe (partnered with Sergay ), let's hope she gets her manga ultimate Robe :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxmay View Post
And some more random things I noticed:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-11-27 at 22:53.
Old 2006-11-28, 00:13   Link #78
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
I do have a life. It just happens to involve checking this thread 6-8 times a day for any mention of the completion of the sub.
Old 2006-11-28, 00:21   Link #79
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
I do have a life. It just happens to involve checking this thread 6-8 times a day for any mention of the completion of the sub.
Well, better than having to go to the forum index, My HiME/My Otome, this thread every single time, you can simply visit Animesuki.com or Tokyotosho.com to see if the sub is listed on the tracker. The torrents would go there first and would actually be faster than here.
Old 2006-11-28, 04:06   Link #80
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Wow The Update of the Official Site O_o
2 New Novel and a Comic for Winter 2007 O_o
I'm not even sure that belongs is this topic. And only one of those new things is a novel (My-HiME Destiny), the other is an anthology of short stories in the My-HiME and My-Otome universes written by fans and will be published by HobbyJapan.
Closed Thread