AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 00:51   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 633 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your poin t) but this is it.

Rejoice everyone, for OP returns this week! And now I present to you this week's summary, brought to us by the good ol' team of T&A (lol, see what I did thar? ):

-Title is "Friend or foe?" The ministory takes us to Little Garden, where the giants Dorry and Broggy continue their eternal battle to the death.

-Shirahoshi reveals that she knew the truth behind her mother's death because Megalo witnessed the murder at the time, and relayed the information to her. However, she concealed the dark secret from everyone because she knew that it would engender more hatred from Hody, and more importantly she wanted to honor her mother's dying wish. The roid-raged pirate calls the princess a fool, and continues to torture her father and brothers with his water shot......

-Meanwhile, some fish-kids ask Madam Shirley when the prophecized pirate will arrive, and the mer-seer wishes he would arrive right at that moment so he can end Hody's reign of terror. Hody is then prepared to land the finishing blow on king Neptune......

-.....When Luffy jumps out of Megalo's mouth at that moment and attacks the coup leader! He then shouts for the rest of his crew, and Nami manages to steal back the world nobles' letter, as well as the keys to the captured monarchs' locks, which Robin uses to free them. Above the plaza are the Thousand Sunny and Neptune's whale, Hoe. The Sunny blasts the majority of fish-pirates with the Gaon cannon, while the whale rescues his master. It turns out that this rescue was planned out by Jinbei. The island residents ask Luffy if he's a friend or foe, to which he responds that it's their call to make. The rest of the crew then gather at the plaza, and are prepared to engage Hody's crew in combat alongside Jinbei...!!!!

Wow, so I was right when I guessed that Luffy was hiding in Megalo's mouth! BTW, the entire crew is gathered at the plaza, according to the summary (wonder how they rescued Zoro's group so quickly.....?). Also nice to see that Jinbei stopped being a stubborn douchebag and decided to let Luffy and co. fight alongside him, after all. Well, I believe it's time to start our biggest match-up discussion yet, don't you agree?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 01:30   Link #2
james0246

Hope this turns out to be the real spoiler, because it is uber fun. I also suspected that Luffy was hiding in Megalo's mouth, but was Nami also in there with him? (It wouldn't be the first time either had been inside a giant animal .) The whole part with the Fishmen wishing for Luffy's arrival sounds a little hooky...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 01:35   Link #3
ronin myael
lost ronin

nice! i kinda expected this. so finally we have action!
Old 2011-07-27, 01:45   Link #4
marvelB

BTW, another heads up: Looks like another break is on the way, though this has nothing to do with Oda's health or whatever. Next week's SJ is a double issue, so the whole lineup will be taking a break the week after (and to think this will be the same issue where HxH returns...... coincidence? ).
Old 2011-07-27, 06:12   Link #5
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

finally a chapter i can understand. it seems all this merman arc has just been bad guys appearing one after another i have no idea who the real bad guy is
Old 2011-07-27, 06:21   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

James saying a chapter is uber fun? Well I never expect that!

Anyways let's just say I cheered like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert when Luffy came out of Megalo's mouth.

At first I actually thought Luffy was going to take out all of the bad guys by himself, or atleast fight them all alone until his crew was free and came to him...but leave it to Oda to surprise us like this. I love that man...no homo.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 06:32   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

is this cool chapter????!!!!
I don't know what take them so long to take care Hodi.....
maybe they want to let Hodi talk about his plan and foolish dream first

c'mon!!! I can't wait to see the fight....

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 06:37   Link #8
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Hah, so it looks like it was the plan all along for Jimbei and Shirayuki to be caught. I should have expected that.
Old 2011-07-27, 06:58   Link #9
Battler-kun

That's it, that's it!
Strawhats are really back now!

And this chapter was worth the all the wait and the flashbacks!

Gonna kick some ass soon.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 07:11   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Great chapter!

Not sure what to think of the fact that Shirahoshi knew about Hody all along, she should have told someone about it. What her mother said before she died only applied to her and her siblings, there was no need to keep that to herself.

Best thing ofcourse was that Luffy and co finally showed up and are taking action. Nami hiding with a mirage and stealing the letter and keys, that was pretty nifty too. Really suits her thieving image. Also liked that the people preferred that the Strawhats destroy the island as long as it means the royals will be saved and Hody and co taken care of. Awesome shot and statement at the end. Friend or foe? You decide!

So, big battles coming soon. Don't see them lasting that long, even with the steroids powerups. Then there's the big ship to take care of somehow, as well as Caribou. And last but not least, what form will the "destruction of fishman island" take?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 07:41   Link #11
kakakka

Chapter out.

Nice entrance Luffy
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 08:10   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Amazing chapter! The strawhats's entrance was epic, as was the fishmen begging for Luffy to come and destroy the island right away rather than leave in Hody's hands.

Shirahoshi keeping that secret for 10 years is commendable, but I'll have to agree with Hody just this once: it was also very stupid. She not only allowed a murderer roam free for 10 years, she let a human get punished for a crime he didn't commit. And let's not forget anti-human resentment increased because of that, which is definitely not something Otohime would have wanted to happen.

& lol at Hody almost getting one-shotted again.
Old 2011-07-27, 08:26   Link #13
ninetail1989
Dreamer

just looking at that blow Hody took...i guess he is gonna be sucking up more ES.....which probably make him super super super strong but still too slow for Luffy...i think there is a 99% chance that Luffy will not finish off Hody and win the battle n blah blah blah but let the ES take Hody life at his own hands...so future fishmen cant blame it on the humans who destroy Hody plan..

as for the stupid big ship heading towards fishmen island..
i would prefer if the SH just break it into pieces before it even touch the island..
but....i think this is where that long lost Caribo will come in and suck up the entire ship with his muddy body..(after getting abuse from the SH of cause)
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 08:54   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

nice chapter. i kinda expected luffy to just come out of nowhere. shirahoshi and jinbei getting caught was way too easy, i could smell a plan somewhere. and indeed it was. i didn't expect nami's mirage and her stealing the letter though. that was pretty cool. finally we get to see some action from the straw hats. can't wait to see them fight. it would be the first time since the time skip after all.
Old 2011-07-27, 09:10   Link #15
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
The final panel of the chapter was epic. The straight-line cliche never gets old.~

More badass Luffy too. God I love him.~

Very much looking forward to the next chapter, finally reached the climax of this arc. What awesomeness shall unfold?

I think this is the first time since Marineford that Luffy's preformed a full-body Gear Second too.

I guess if there's a good time to start making guesses on fight match-ups it would be now.~
Old 2011-07-27, 09:33   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

After seeing Luffy one-shot Super Sayan Hody I have a feeling mister white shark will be popping all of his pills at once, get a mega power boost and still get owned by Luffy. I dunno why but I cannot for the life of me see Luffy having much trouble with Hody. Maybe it was because Zoro also one-shot him underwater or maybe because this abortion of a Arlong clone that is Hody looks threatening at first but isn't really that threatening when placed next to the strawhat trio. I suppose I could still be suffering from the Marineford effect...seeing all those high level pirates fight it out for such a long time might have dulled my perception of power a bit :|

Anyway...I really don't see the fights lasting very long, even with the ES I just foresee the crew making sushi out of the NFP

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:45   Link #17
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Why are some people already jumping to the conclusion that Hodi was one-shotted? Sure Luffy packed a lot of power into that blow, but there's no way Hodi is down yet. Not after being augmented tremendously by the ES. I remember when some people thought Luffy one-shotted Decken before; well, we all know how that turned out .

Awesome chapter, but fairly predictable. It was neat seeing Nami's "mirage dissolved" technique.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:46   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
finally a chapter i can understand. it seems all this merman arc has just been bad guys appearing one after another i have no idea who the real bad guy is

I think the main villain should have been obvious once we saw him get his power-up.

Anyways, this was such an awesome chapter. Gotta love that badass scene of Luffy attacking Hody. However, I doubt that this will be the same situation as when Zoro one-shotted the extremist earlier. Heck, we saw Decken get clobbered by Luffy a short while ago and he very much remained in the game, so the same should apply to SSJ Hody, as well......

Heh, I thought it was kinda funny when Dosun was swinging around his hammer in rage when Hoe rescued the royals. Plus, it's great to see Franky taking care of the fodder (though did that one shot really take out all 100,000 outlaws?). Hopefully, we'll get an explanation of how Zoro's group managed to escape the palace and reunite with the crew so quickly in the next chapter, but nonetheless, it was just plain freaking badass to see the whole crew gathered together again for a showdown.

Personally, I really want to see Usopp fight first. As I've been saying for a while now, I hope he fights Zeo because I just feel that a sniper would be the most fitting opponent for someone who relies on stealth. As for SSJ Hody, I'm still kinda thinking that Jinbei will take him on first, but he'll lose against the 'roid-raged pirate and Luffy will take his place. I'm still unsure about Decken and Caribou, though. Really, the latter is pretty much a wild card at this point, and the former isn't even at the island at the moment since he went to activate his "doomsday weapon" (well, I guess he'll follow Noah so he can witness the island's destruction for himself). Maybe Shira will take him on with her bloodline limit.....
Old 2011-07-27, 10:51   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I think the main villain should have been obvious once we saw him get his power-up.
I know, it's obviously Decken (who is about to destroy the entire island in one attack, unlike pitiful Hody who can't even kill an over-sized Seer).

btw, I dislike the title "SSJ Hody". Hody is nothing like a SSJ. Roidy would be a better name, since Hody is nothing without his steroids...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 11:01   Link #20
marvelB

^If anything, Hody's sorta like the USSJ form or Gear 3 in OP terms (both of which relied more on pure brute force while sacrificing speed). Well, I actually doubt that Hody will have the speed issue, but he's definitely a power junkie (which will inevitably lead to his downfall). But hey, if you'd prefer for him to be called something else, I can just as easily go with Hulk Hody (he's pretty much angry all the time, anyway!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Why are some people already jumping to the conclusion that Hodi was one-shotted? Sure Luffy packed a lot of power into that blow, but there's no way Hodi is down yet. Not after being augmented tremendously by the ES. I remember when some people thought Luffy one-shotted Decken before; well, we all know how that turned out .

Yeah, I addressed that issue myself in my last post. I guess some people still have trouble taking Hody seriously as a main villain.....