AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2011-07-12, 04:01   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 632 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your poin t) but this is it.

It's the start of a new week, and some startling new spoilers have arrive earlier than expected! What new developments are transpiring at MI!? T and aohige reveal all:

-Chapter title is "I knew it". The ministory takes place at Whiskey Peak, where Mr. 9 and Ms. Monday get married and even have a kid(!!!).

-Jinbei and Shirahoshi arrive at the plaza, and come across a fake Neptune. Meanwhile, it's revealed that the three princes are defeated and captured by Hody's gang. The rest of the pirates are eager for their execution, and Hody himself wonders what's going on with Decken, as he's well aware of Shira's legend.

-Speaking of the princess, she causes herself and Jinbei to get captured by the pirates as well. Now almost everyone is gathered at the plaza, except for the Straw-Hats and Decken. Hody explains that the size of his crew is consisted of 70,000 fish-pirates, as well as 30,000 human pirates, and is still continuing to grow. At that moment, Madam Shirley appears, and tells Hody not to get cocky, as the island destruction prophecy will prevent him from ruling the island. Hody then shoots her with the water shot he used last chapter, which surprises Shirahoshi. It turns out that Shirley is Arlong's sister(!!!!). Hody then explains that his plan was in the making for a decade. He reveals that he was the murderer of queen Otohime, and had the human pirate set fire to the petition in order to create a diversion so he could kill her during the confusion. He then made the pirate the scapegoat afterwards. The crowd is shocked by Hody's confession, but a crying Shirahoshi says she suspected him of the murder all along......

-Meanwhile, Decken sets his anti-Luffy plan in motion. He throws the entire Noah ship at Shirahoshi. It turns out that the ship is literally half the size of merman island....!!!

Wow, so we had twists that were pretty much expected (Hody being Otohime's killer, the princes being captured), as well as some rather unexpected ones (Shirley being Arlong's sister, Mr. 9 and Ms. Monday getting married). Some of us also figured that Decken would be the catalyst for the island's destruction, and now that seems to be true, as well. But just what happened to Luffy and co.? Guess we'll find out next chapter.....

Speaking of that, just wanna get this out of the way first: OP will be on break next week, so don't expect to see the next chapter thread until around the 26th or 27th. I repeat: There is no new chapter next week.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-07-12 at 04:31.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 05:41   Link #2
andy

Not post in a while but man Van Decken is one crazy ass person and his DF seem broken as hell lol .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 07:58   Link #3
james0246

So I was right about Decken being able to "throw" insanely large objects. I was just wrong about the object .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 08:02   Link #4
PixelCreek

I was hoping Decken would throw the Thousand Sunny but still, cool. Cant wait to see how this turns out.
And if Arlong's sister just got shot then wouldn't Arlong get mad? I hope he makes an appearance in this arc. It's been 2 years so anything could have happened to him. Who knows, maybe we could see Arlong team up with the Stawhats to fight Hordy ( that kind of thing has happend before so I don't see why not ). I just don't see the point why of Oda would make Shirly his sister, unless he planned on bringing back Arlong.
Old 2011-07-12, 08:51   Link #5
K. Shiruto

According with the last page there won't be chapter next week because the author fell sick. Oh, well, get better soon, sensei.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:46   Link #6
marvelB

Oh, BTW, some spoiler pics came out along with the summary, as well. Heh, Mr. 9 and Ms. Monday's little tyke is actually pretty cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
And if Arlong's sister just got shot then wouldn't Arlong get mad? I hope he makes an appearance in this arc. It's been 2 years so anything could have happened to him. Who knows, maybe we could see Arlong team up with the Stawhats to fight Hordy ( that kind of thing has happend before so I don't see why not ). I just don't see the point why of Oda would make Shirly his sister, unless he planned on bringing back Arlong.

I.... kind of highly doubt that Arlong would team up with Luffy, ever. The whole deal with Luffy teaming up with past bosses during the ID/Marineford arcs was a completely different situation altogether. Plus, none of those guys (well, save maybe Buggy) had any personal grudge towards Luffy (whereas Arlong would have a grudge against him simply for being a human, let alone him being the one responsible for destroying his ambition). Could you honestly see Arlong risking his life to save Luffy like Mr. 3 and even freaking Crocodile did? I don't think so.....

As for Shirley being his sister, I find it quite an interesting twist. I admit I'm not sure as to exactly what purpose Oda had for the reveal, but I still think it's cool, nonetheless (unless she really is supposed to be the next crewmate.....?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
According with the last page there won't be chapter next week because the author fell sick. Oh, well, get better soon, sensei.

Yeah, but I bet that still won't stop people from accusing Oda of being a lazy poo-poo head.

BTW, it should also be noted that Oda mentioned making a mistake in last week's chapter, most likely referring to the 150km thing with Hody's attack. Still, whether that's the case or not, I have to say that I find Decken's feat of lifting and throwing a gigantic ship that's half the size of the entire island a helluva lot more impressive than Hody's super water peashooter (even if it's his DF taking care of most of the work for him)......

Edit: So there's a Chinese scanlation out. Wow, Zeo uses chains as weapons! I also admit it kinda sucks that the princes were beaten off-screen, but I pretty much saw them losing, anyway (still, it would've been cool if we got to see more of their abilities....). Heh, I also find it kinda badass to see Hyouzou fell asleep right after kicking the princes' asses.

Man, Jinbei told Luffy that he was going to handle the situation himself, yet he manages to get tricked by some crappy imitation Neptune!? You fail once again, sir! Oh well, maybe he can break out of that net and fight Hody next chapter or something (though I'm still pretty certain he'll lose, too). And man, Neptune was mighty pissed after Hody revealed himself as the queen's true murderer. Part of me kinda wants to see him break free of his bonds so he can avenge his wife, as well.....

Well, the English scans should be coming along soon, I guess.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-07-12 at 10:21.
Old 2011-07-12, 10:34   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Decken's ability is somewhat similar to Shiki's (both can throw massive objects independent of the user's physical strength). That being said, the target ability has potential for massive destruction.

Shirahoshi and Jimbei fell right into Hodi's trap. Quite clever, I must say. And with Shirahoshi's livelihood being at stake, Jimbei probably had no choice but to surrender.

Totally did not expect Shirley to be Arlong's sister.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:02   Link #8
james0246

Well, now that Hody has revealed that he has killed the Queen, maybe Jinbei will get off his high horse and allow Luffy to help...otherwise it's all up to Princess Crybaby .

That being said, Shirly being Arlong's sister is kind of interesting, though currently a little pointless (hopefully Oda will do something interesting with this info). I have to wonder why she never helped Arlong (i.e. tell him to never mess with strawhat wearing pirates; etc)...?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 11:36   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Shirley being Arlong's sister is the biggest surprise of the current arc.

Guess we should have expected Hody was Otohime's killer. Oda did a good job of hiding that one with the flashback.

I'm guessing that Shirahoshi over heard Hody make the deal with the human? Then again she is huge .

& i laughed hard at that last page. Decken is going to the extreme.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:51   Link #10
PixelCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I.... kind of highly doubt that Arlong would team up with Luffy, ever. The whole deal with Luffy teaming up with past bosses during the ID/Marineford arcs was a completely different situation altogether. Plus, none of those guys (well, save maybe Buggy) had any personal grudge towards Luffy (whereas Arlong would have a grudge against him simply for being a human, let alone him being the one responsible for destroying his ambition). Could you honestly see Arlong risking his life to save Luffy like Mr. 3 and even freaking Crocodile did? I don't think so.....
Well yes, I could see it happening if it was a situation where Arlong needed Luffy's power to defeat Hody. He already knows Luffy is much stronger than him by now. I think if Arlong had a bigger grudge against Hody for hurting his sister, and harming thousands of fishmen, then he might put his grudge for Luffy aside for the moment and fight with them. I don't believe Arlong would be so heartless towards his fellow fishmen like Hody is.
I also think it would be funny to see Arlong interact with the new Strawhats ( Like maybe him and Franky have a long conversation about Tom before he finds out he's a Straw hat and goes berserk )
And I believe Luffy destroyed Crocodile's ambition too?
Old 2011-07-12, 11:57   Link #11
yakumo-chan

I have just read the chapter and all i can say is...

GOD I LOVE ONE PIECE!!!!

WHAT A STORY!!! SO EPIC!!!!

THANK GOD ODA CAME TO THIS WORLD!!!

the only problem is that no one piece next week because oda came from a sudden ILLNESS!!!
I hope he is ok...
Old 2011-07-12, 12:00   Link #12
K. Shiruto

Wait a second, it's just me or Shirahoshi has COO? Just look at the panel after Shirley gets shot.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 12:20   Link #13
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Wait a second, it's just me or Shirahoshi has COO? Just look at the panel after Shirley gets shot.
Though she might have COO like her mother, I think she was just flinching from seeing someone get shot...

Also though I don't believe we'll be seeing Arlong this arc, I agree that Arlong would not be too pleased with Hody. The main difference between the two human hating Fishman is that while Arlong would never harm or put another fishman in harm's way, Hody doesn't giver a rat's ass about whoever stand in his way, be they fishman or human. Not only has it been stated before by Hachi but we see it very clearly in the Arlong Park arc, when he reacts to Hachi being taken out by Zoro. to me he didn't look as surprised about Hachi's defeat as he was worried about Hachi being slashed up.

But I got to say Madam Shirley you she-devil, hiding that secret from us all this time. Now let the cries of "Madam Shirley for next Strawhat!" begin!
Then again...while I'm not rooting for her to join and I doubt it will ever happen I still think that Madam Shirley > Shira and Jinbe.
Sue me if you don't think a hot mermaid with the ability to see the future wouldn't be better than Crybabyhoshi.

Finally about Decken...I love that guy...I just love that guys "I can't have Shirahoshi so let's throw a ship half the size of the island at them...cause my power is broken like that."
However the ship seems to be moving very slowly so I think we won't have to worry about that thing reaching Shirahoshi until Hody is laying face-down next to Luffy. Then we'll probably see an epic Strawhat combo attack.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 12:22   Link #14
yakumo-chan

Quote:
i kinda forgot, what's a COO again? its part of Haki right? what does it do?

________

I want a Fishman crew on the strawhats,, but I kinda feel that they wont be having a fishman crew,,, im kinda dissapointed!

if they were to recruit a fishman, I want him to use fists, since sanji is kick and zorro is a swordsman while ussop is the sniper
Old 2011-07-12, 12:27   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
Well yes, I could see it happening if it was a situation where Arlong needed Luffy's power to defeat Hody. He already knows Luffy is much stronger than him by now. I think if Arlong had a bigger grudge against Hody for hurting his sister, and harming thousands of fishmen, then he might put his grudge for Luffy aside for the moment and fight with them. I don't believe Arlong would be so heartless towards his fellow fishmen like Hody is.
I also think it would be funny to see Arlong interact with the new Strawhats ( Like maybe him and Franky have a long conversation about Tom before he finds out he's a Straw hat and goes berserk )
And I believe Luffy destroyed Crocodile's ambition too?

Sorry, but I still don't see Arlong teaming up with Luffy. Remember, we're talking about a guy who took great pride in his race being "superior" to humanity. I don't see him acknowledging Luffy being better than him or even as a peer, no matter how much the power gap has widened between them (his view towards humanity sure as hell hasn't changed after Kizaru kicked his ass several years before Luffy did). If anything, like Jinbei, he'd just get into a fight with him like Jinbei did for more selfish reasons....

And frankly, Crocodile isn't a good example since comparing him to Arlong is pretty much comparing apples to oranges. For one thing, while Crocodile may be distrustful and cynical in nature, he's not outright racist towards humanity. He was even fully willing to accept his fate of rotting away in ID for eternity before Luffy came along and busted him out. We can assume that Croc's failed ambition to become PK is what made him so pessimistic. Meanwhile, Arlong's been shown to be bigoted towards humans even before he became one of the Sun pirates. So yeah, there's just no comparison, here......

Oh, and as for the chapter itself: Uh, I don't really have anything to add to what I already said in my previous posts, really. I guess I'm just wondering where Luffy and co. are right now. Unfortunately, we probably won't find out for another two weeks (if we're lucky).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

CoO Haki= Color of Observation. Y'know, Mantra?
Old 2011-07-12, 12:28   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

"Kenbunshoku Haki, also known as Mantra in Skypiea, is a form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally. When using this type of Haki, one can predict an opponent's moves shortly before they make them, thereby making the attack that much easier to evade. This prediction appears to the user as an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack actually "hits". It appears that the more killing intent the enemy has, the easier they are to predict. Although, more skilled users can predict future moves whether there are ambient murderous intents or not.

This type of Haki can also affect the person's view of the world since they can hear the voice of a persons heart or will. Aisa was frightened by Wiper's aggressive nature and was afraid of him. She also couldn't take hearing the disappearing voice during Enel's survival game and was deeply upset by this. For Otohime, she believed that any form of distance between oneself and that of others shut off that person from those around them and only sought to increase the amount of pain and suffering that existed due to racial, personal, and situational problems."

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 13:02   Link #17
PixelCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sorry, but I still don't see Arlong teaming up with Luffy.
I see it more as Arlong "using" Luffy.
But I won't place any bets on Arlong showing up in this arc, it would just be nice

As for Shira having COO, I highly doubt it.

Also I can't wait to see all the coming up cover stories Oda has planned! Arabasta will be nostalgic
Old 2011-07-12, 13:03   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Hody is confirmed to be rotten to the core. After that little confession of his, I don't see how Luffy kicking his ass will lead to any problem. The Strawhats are the only ones who can save the day now, anyway.

And Noah's arc appears! Seems like the perfect thing to use to escape the destruction of fishman island. I predict the ship will be stopped by Shirahoshi and her pets. That's the best way to showcase her power, I think. It'd be good to see finally her stand up to Decken too.
Old 2011-07-12, 13:08   Link #19
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So Hody is confirmed to be rotten to the core. After that little confession of his, I don't see how Luffy kicking his ass will lead to any problem. The Strawhats are the only ones who can save the day now, anyway.

And Noah's arc appears! Seems like the perfect thing to use to escape the destruction of fishman island. I predict the ship will be stopped by Shirahoshi and her pets. That's the best way to showcase her power, I think. It'd be good to see finally her stand up to Decken too.
HAHAHA... I think the reason of Noah's boat is to save all fishman by riding that boat!

just like the fairy tale of Noah's Arc, where he saves all animals by riding his boat!
Old 2011-07-12, 13:27   Link #20
PixelCreek

Quote:
HAHAHA... I think the reason of Noah's boat is to save all fishman by riding that boat!

just like the fairy tale of Noah's Arc, where he saves all animals by riding his boat!
YES! That's a good theory!! And Shirahoshi can lead the way because its following her! Love it.