AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-10, 15:01   Link #2241
Shiki Nanaya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
Spoiler:
True, I guess it's not going to be easy doing so especially by their unexpected reunion, but what i meant was if he truly desired to keep her there - like a little chat to catch up lol Also a question:

Spoiler for Stars of Sagacity:


[QUOTE=Deathkillz;1088388]rin...
Spoiler:


Spoiler for Tsoi Rin:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-11 at 08:53. Reason: do not double post
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 02:04   Link #2242
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Alright just watched up to ep.13. Just a question though
Spoiler for up to ep.13:
__________________
So long.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 02:07   Link #2243
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
For the nth time - in Japan, and in most of the world, it's okay for first cousins to marry.

Their fathers are actually cousins, not brothers, anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 02:34   Link #2244
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanks for the info. That makes it less creepy.
__________________
So long.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:12   Link #2245
Deathwing
what do i know
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
well i just started watching this and finished the miso arc and i have to say kazuma seems like the biggest jerk alive

miso made the decision for the demon power but kazuma had a hand in driving her to it because he insulted her brother who recently passed and basically mocked miso until she snapped and then he has the nerve to give her that whole self righteous speech to her at the end.

What really pisses me off is that Kazuma is mad at the family for having lots of power and treating him like trash so what does he do get lots of power and starts treating people like trash
seriously i have never seen an anime where i want the main character to get the living crap beat out of him
also the family love affair creeps me out i know its a cultural thing but still
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:18   Link #2246
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
well i just started watching this and finished the miso arc and i have to say kazuma seems like the biggest jerk alive

miso made the decision for the demon power but kazuma had a hand in driving her to it because he insulted her brother who recently passed and basically mocked miso until she snapped and then he has the nerve to give her that whole self righteous speech to her at the end.

What really pisses me off is that Kazuma is mad at the family for having lots of power and treating him like trash so what does he do get lots of power and starts treating people like trash
seriously i have never seen an anime where i want the main character to get the living crap beat out of him
Personally in the miso arc i think kazuma was helping her. The thing you must understand is that it's difficult for Kazuma to show care openly, so he disguises most of his caring actions behind, either "it's for money" or just plain insulting them or leading them on.

The thing with Miso is that she was already going to stab Kazuma even if he didn't insult her brother cause you see she already had the knife stashed away. Kazuma being the sort of person, tried to release all her pent up anger (cause keeping it in can't be healthy.)... So if you look at it, Kazuma isn't a jerk, in fact he's a pretty nice person hiding behind a facade of indifference.

Perhaps you haven't watched his actions closely enough, because what's cool about him is the way in which he shows his caring side.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:33   Link #2247
Deathwing
what do i know
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Personally in the miso arc i think kazuma was helping her. The thing you must understand is that it's difficult for Kazuma to show care openly, so he disguises most of his caring actions behind, either "it's for money" or just plain insulting them or leading them on.

The thing with Miso is that she was already going to stab Kazuma even if he didn't insult her brother cause you see she already had the knife stashed away. Kazuma being the sort of person, tried to release all her pent up anger (cause keeping it in can't be healthy.)... So if you look at it, Kazuma isn't a jerk, in fact he's a pretty nice person hiding behind a facade of indifference.

Perhaps you haven't watched his actions closely enough, because what's cool about him is the way in which he shows his caring side.
im focusing on after the knife incident
well he could have apologized and not have said something like your brother died because he was weak and after the 2nd attempt he just insulted her by saying you can never scratch me however true it may be he didn't have to say it. this would lead a person in grief to do something for power so in turn he was the main driving force to her decision(although i admit it was her decision in the end.)

i realize he does hide is emotions behind the tough facade but so did his father (the scene when kazuma won his father was impressed by his growth) and most of his family

the thing that really bothers me is that he is becoming his family and it seems to be rather hypocritical running his mouth about his family when he is becoming so much like them

mabye ill change my mind later after seeing more of this series but for now i wanna see kazuma get knocked off his high horse
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:36   Link #2248
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Agreed with Holyman. Kazuma's was making so she wouldn't feel guilty about trying to stab him, and also working with the principle that anger was better than grief. At least with him as an enemy, she had something to look forward to.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:44   Link #2249
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I agree with DeathWing more on the Misao incident. She was feeling grief that her brother was killed by Tatsuya. But Tatsuya was dead, so her borther's death was advenged. Kazuma should've left it at that. There was really no reason to tell her the truth.
__________________
So long.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:52   Link #2250
Deathwing
what do i know
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Agreed with Holyman. Kazuma's was making so she wouldn't feel guilty about trying to stab him, and also working with the principle that anger was better than grief. At least with him as an enemy, she had something to look forward to.
go find somebody's brother who died, now tell them it was because they were too weak, see if they don't try to do anything to beat the crap out of you
that is just beyond tough facade to downright mean. he could have at least said im sorry or my condolences or he could have shut the hell up
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 04:04   Link #2251
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
go find somebody's brother who died, now tell them it was because they were too weak, see if they don't try to do anything to beat the crap out of you
that is just beyond tough facade to downright mean. he could have at least said im sorry or my condolences or he could have shut the hell up
I think you forgot one important thing, Miso's brother's death was partly Kazuma's fault..... He was the one who didn't clear the matter up and caused them to chase after him and subsequently gets killed by the youma possessed guy.

If that's the case you can also see it as Kazuma feeling guilty about the death of her brother and taking responsibility (even though it wasn't his fault as he didn't kill him).

Call it however you like but he was showing sympathy and care the only way he knew how. If you watch further, you'll see alot of these actions coming from Kazuma of apparently being a jerk on the surface, but deep down he shows genuine concern.

Offcourse you are entitled to your own opinion, but i find his actions quite touching, as a person who finds difficulty in expressing his feelings, try to do so in the only way he knows how.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 04:27   Link #2252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
go find somebody's brother who died, now tell them it was because they were too weak, see if they don't try to do anything to beat the crap out of you
that is just beyond tough facade to downright mean. he could have at least said im sorry or my condolences or he could have shut the hell up
But that's the point. He wanted her to attack him. It would be cathartic.

If he'd been nice, she'd have felt bad for wanting to knife him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 06:22   Link #2253
usagijen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I better double time on summarizing.. I want to catch up with this Kazuma arc..! >__<''''

in any case, here's my (once again) delayed summary of Episode 16, and...
my Deep Frying / Retelling of the Real Father and Son Story~ :3
__________________
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 06:37   Link #2254
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 30
thanks usagijen you have great summaries... i dont know why Kazuma&Ayano relationship doesnt progress the same way in anime... in anime looks like its not going anywhere...
__________________
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:00   Link #2255
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
I agree with DeathWing more on the Misao incident. She was feeling grief that her brother was killed by Tatsuya. But Tatsuya was dead, so her borther's death was advenged. Kazuma should've left it at that. There was really no reason to tell her the truth.
the whole point of kazuma telling misao about was to allow her to let out any frustration, angst, fury, anger, sorrow on him instead of letting her keep all of that inside with certainly wasnt healthy or doing any favors for her :/ i guess the danger here is that you never know when she might go crazy so kazuma aimed to remove that before she got out of hand later on...telling her sooner rather than too late shows how much kazuma cared and he did act like a jerk on purpose fro misao to realise this (you can tell she was on edge already when she was keeping that dagger hidden...its just that kazuma never thought that misao would go so far for revenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
thanks usagijen you have great summaries... i dont know why Kazuma&Ayano relationship doesnt progress the same way in anime... in anime looks like its not going anywhere...
main reason because ayano doesnt know kazuma well enough yet...not his true feelings anyway :/
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:08   Link #2256
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 30
true feelings about what? i hope we wont get to the topic "kazuma past" again...
__________________
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:12   Link #2257
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
true feelings about what? i hope we wont get to the topic "kazuma past" again...
unavoidable because his true feelings is his past and unless ayano can get past his "outer shell" into the core of his being we can say bye bye to kazuma x ayano :3
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:20   Link #2258
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here and there, mostly home.
Age: 24
Spoiler for Not exactly safe for work ^.^":
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:00   Link #2259
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 30
why would someone need to know the past of someone they love? as far as i know past isnt important .... if i would love someone i would no matter what his past is... isnt that the whole point of relationships?
__________________
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:53   Link #2260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its not the fact that ayano doesnt love him but rather he isnt letting her into his heart atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
Spoiler for Not exactly safe for work ^.^":
wow...*bleeds!*
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.