AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-24, 12:29   Link #2561
Anime Hate Machine

Enjoyable on the whole.

I'd like to see this season re-done by someone with a taste for darkness and a decent animation budget, but the animation wasn't terrible and the plot had a little kick to it.

Kazuma is the best thing to happen to male leads in a long time. He's a breath of fresh air. Anime industry, take note: you can have a funny male lead who is also GAR.
Anime Hate Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 12:35   Link #2562
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

Hmmm, the ending doesn't really seem to conclude everything... especially with burnheart and lapis still around and mentioning they'll be meeting again.

2nd season anyone?

Also does anyone know how far the story in the anime has gone compared to the novels?
Forgetful_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 12:42   Link #2563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the end, except for a few gems.

Still, I don't regret watching this series, even if it didn't quite live up to the promise of the first few episodes.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 12:44   Link #2564
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

Yeh i thought the ending was a bit unspectacular. But overal awesome series.
I wouldn't mind a 2nd season.
Forgetful_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 12:45   Link #2565
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Hopefully there will be a season 2. Still a fun series.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 14:20   Link #2566
UPR

24 is already out subbed.
Old 2007-09-24, 15:34   Link #2567
ipernorris

Anyway how much strong is Beliel? Kazuma + Ayano + blonde brother barely were able to hold him for a few seconds. It's just crazy...
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 16:42   Link #2568
FLiPMaStAZ

and that was just a hand O.o
FLiPMaStAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 16:57   Link #2569
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well youd expect a being that rules hell to be rather strong no?

As for the ending...Meh. Too many loose ends really and I don't just mean about the status of KazumaxAyano. Im going to hope that theres a second season in the future because having the villians just waltz off at the end without any kind of resolution isnt the most enjoyable way to end a story.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 16:59   Link #2570
Sassarai
Army of One

yea bad ending definitely. Thought this series had potential but it got worst as it went along. At least it didnt turn into a hentai like berserk.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 18:59   Link #2571
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

I thought the ending was OK.

It wasn't the best, since it left too many questions unanswered, too many fights unresolved. We don't even know the full story behind Kazuma's past or anything concrete at all about the Armagest. Nevertheless, the last scene with Kazuma and Ayano at the lake and the music that was playing was pretty nicely done and left me with a content feeling about the show. It is not really the end, but it is a kind of resolution. Kazuma has let go of his past and is ready to move forward with Ayano.

I thought that Lapis'(Tsui Rin's) last words were a nice twist. It would be fun if it were really true. It kind of reminds me of Inuyasha(like there were not other parallels already) how Kikyo died while hating him.

Kazuma has already become one of my favorite anime characters. Badass characters are pretty hard to come by nowadays, and even more rare are badass characters who are also realistic and human and have some nice qualities. Kazuma losing himself after seeing the fake Tsui Rin and going berserk added a really nice dimensioin to his character, showing that he too is human and has some weakness. Nevertheless, he remained throughout the whole show the coolest, most interesting and enjoyable to watch character. He really carried the show.

Overall, this was a really enjoyable show to watch, even though it suffered from bad animation and cheesy moments at times. Nevertheless, it was worth watching just for Kazuma's character and his funny interactions with Ayano were quite fun to watch.
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 19:22   Link #2572
Sassarai
Army of One

-bad guy walks away untouched
-main guy just smells hair and then slaps butt
-little brother constantly saying "niisan neesan"
-Ayanos friends reduce to role of just looking pretty in lingerie.
Old 2007-09-24, 20:10   Link #2573
ani_d

Meh, I loved the ending. It couldn't be any worse. Is this popular in Japan? I want a second season x.x Is it even possible?

Spoiler for last episode:
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 22:59   Link #2574
Calawain
Gaijin

With the novels still ongoing its hard to give a fully conclusive ending that ties everything together. That being said there is plenty of material for a second season of some length, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made another one. I hope so, I rather enjoyed this series, not for any really serious drama, but it had a good mix of fun and action that I enjoyed. Plus the character designs were wonderful and quite colorful at least for the females.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 23:02   Link #2575
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

A second season really depends on how popular the anime is.... As of now I really don't see this anime being too popular to warrant a second season, then again alot of anime that shouldn't get a second season did so meh..
Old 2007-09-24, 23:10   Link #2576
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
well finished the last episode and it was meh...
i had a feeling it was gonna be liek some big boss fight and yea... wow... i hate big boss fights other than that i felt is was decent, i mean we got our Ayano - Tsui Rin fight even tho it was really short and really cheesy but happy "resolution" so i guess thats good.

there has to be a second series because there just has to be... if it ends like taht i might hurt something... too many things have yet to reach a complete ending so yea...

anyone have any idea where the anime ends in accordance to the novels? browsin thru 129 pages of posts is tough... and does anyone know when the novel series will end?
Old 2007-09-24, 23:19   Link #2577
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
I thought the ending was OK.

It wasn't the best, since it left too many questions unanswered, too many fights unresolved. We don't even know the full story behind Kazuma's past or anything concrete at all about the Armagest. Nevertheless, the last scene with Kazuma and Ayano at the lake and the music that was playing was pretty nicely done and left me with a content feeling about the show. It is not really the end, but it is a kind of resolution. Kazuma has let go of his past and is ready to move forward with Ayano.

I thought that Lapis'(Tsui Rin's) last words were a nice twist. It would be fun if it were really true. It kind of reminds me of Inuyasha(like there were not other parallels already) how Kikyo died while hating him.

Kazuma has already become one of my favorite anime characters. Badass characters are pretty hard to come by nowadays, and even more rare are badass characters who are also realistic and human and have some nice qualities. Kazuma losing himself after seeing the fake Tsui Rin and going berserk added a really nice dimensioin to his character, showing that he too is human and has some weakness. Nevertheless, he remained throughout the whole show the coolest, most interesting and enjoyable to watch character. He really carried the show.

Overall, this was a really enjoyable show to watch, even though it suffered from bad animation and cheesy moments at times. Nevertheless, it was worth watching just for Kazuma's character and his funny interactions with Ayano were quite fun to watch.
A real badass would talk less. Hasn't he learnt that a lot of problems wouldn't even occur if he'd just strike first, and ask questions later? Instead, he throws away his speed advantage and let others play mind games.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 23:54   Link #2578
juventas

Nice. A main character with real character flaws and doesn't really overcome his past in an instant. There are too many main characters that reach an epiphany about their pasts in about a minute and 30 seconds after looking into a girl's eyes. Kazuma really struggled to the end and was still struggling even as the credits rolled.

In contrast, Ayano is too perfect. She doesn't really have any flaws except for being chaotic/idiotic, and that's more of a charming factor for her. I hardly see it as a character flaw since there are too many heroine's that follow that pattern.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 00:49   Link #2579
tbl
Affably Evil

The final battle was extremely anti-climatic, especially seeing how many episodes the arc was. Though the Kazuma/Ayano moments somewhat made up for it.

I liked the series because of Kazuma and Ayano, but other than that it was very meh.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 00:51   Link #2580
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventas View Post
Nice. A main character with real character flaws and doesn't really overcome his past in an instant.
I thought that is a quality of a lot of anime main characters. Too bad most of them are not well liked like Shin from gundam seed destiny, Shinji from eva. etc

Tags
fantasy, shounen