AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 02:43   Link #341
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, he could have been like "I don't have time for you small fry, I'm aiming for the head boss" and simply didn't bother to use the strength or time to finish them off. After all, assuming (from Ayano's position) that he was their enemy, the most likely reason he'd be there at the clan's main home would be to attack their leader. *shrug*

Either way, her problem is being over-impulsive, not being stupid.
So why did he even bother to sneak in and kill all those little grunts in episode 1 then? That doesn't reconcile itself with his behaviour of not killing the small fry -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 03:18   Link #342
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Either way, it seems like people who still hate/dislike Ayano for who she is will be that way until further development. It's a pretty normal reaction for most, I suppose. First impressions make the count...Unless you're a little more patient and understanding, of course.
Old 2007-05-01, 03:20   Link #343
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
So why did he even bother to sneak in and kill all those little grunts in episode 1 then? That doesn't reconcile itself with his behaviour of not killing the small fry -_-
He could've been unsure of his strength compared to the Kannagi and been testing it against weaklings first. I mean, that would be the logical thing to do if he wanted to start a war with them. You don't go after the head of the family first if you're not sure how powerful you are compared to him, let alone his minions.

So anyway, after proving himself to be stronger than their strongest (his father), he can afford to let them live to save time. Before that though he'd want to be cautious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 03:26   Link #344
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Well just to answer this last one, (again, from Ayano's and the others' PoVs, assuming that he had come to the clan home to attack in episode 3), the reason he didn't kill those small fry in episode was because there was no need to waste strength on them when he was gunning for the head man. For the episode 1 thing, Bahamut89 made a great point. Plus, that Shinji guy or whatever his name was wasn't exactly on Kazuma's good side in the first place, as Kazuma very clearly demonstrated in that mansion place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Definetly of being stupid. Better to kill your enemy than to let them get you when your back is turned. ESPECIALLY with how powerful he has shown himself to be. It would take no effort at all to kill the weaker kanagi, rather than just knock them out. This girl doesn't think. She needs to sit down and spend a weekend pondering everything, while people force feed her what's really going on.
LCeh and Bahamut89 said my pieces about this one.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2007-05-01 at 03:39.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 03:37   Link #345
usagijen

Quote:
She's just too obsessed with Kazuma -_- Even going so far as to run off in the middle of the night to the hotel to go and challenge him, summoning Enraiha before she did so. You'd think she'd have called for backup or something.

Although in all honesty, she SHOULD have suspected something was wrong after she found people lying around hurt and wounded. For one simple reason, every single 'attack' that she thought was committed by Kazuma had been lethal until then. Why would he change his M.O suddenly? What? He had a change of heart and decided to be nice and lenient? Doesn't that seem suspicious to you?
*shrugs* with all the Ayano-stupidity talk... x___x

I believe the reason why Ayano couldn't think of that anymore is because once she became impulsive, and [jumped to conclusion and] really believed that Kazuma is the killer, her mind would be too clouded to think rationally like that.

In episode 3 where Ayano was questioned by her father as to why Kazuma didn't kill her if he was indeed the perpetrator... Ayano struggled for an answer (because she didn't think about it before... since, she was clouded with the thought of Kazuma being the killer).

Ayano's just immature, irrational at times, and jumps to conclusions without thinking about it thoroughly... but come on... but let's give her the chance to change, ok? coz she will change... x____x
Old 2007-05-01, 03:51   Link #346
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
You want a summary even before the episode is aired?
Download the raw when it comes out Thursday morning (usually between 4 AM and 11 AM CEST) and then wait patiently for usagijen to blog it
LOL... didn't notice this before... but I know that lightbringer means 'before the episode is subbed' XDDDD

making a summary even before the episode is aired is like.... whoa... far beyond my reach, unless I have some premonition power... LOL XD
Old 2007-05-01, 04:50   Link #347
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I think Ayanos just too ruled by her anger/emotion -_- Kazuma even makes a mention of it in episode 3, saying thats the basics for fire-users although it's kinda strange cause none of the other really powerful users (which Im assuming her dad and genma are) seem to be like that, but maybe thats cause they've mastered their powers, while the rest of the small fry seem kinda impetuous as well.

Kinda makes you wonder about Kazuma and why he sucked as a flame user. Maybe it's cause he doesn't get angry enough -_- since he said that the emotion of anger = energy of fire-users or at least thats what I gather from the subs.

But after watching the subs, Ayano's rant about how ungrateful the Fuuga clan was really lost her points with me -_-

Old 2007-05-01, 05:38   Link #348
manly_madonna

Like the anime. It's something different and fresh. And it's nice to see an anime with a male lead that actually has a spine. Although he seemed like a weak little b@#$h in his past (eighteen and still hanging onto daddy's teets, good God, I'd turned my back on him to had he'd been my son).

And I doubt his personal feelings had a lot to do with his inability to use fire. He just straight up sucked at it. Couldn't produce a spark to save his life and lost pathetically to a girl.

Ayano's nothing but a spoilt princess who's gotten used to everything going her way. Now, she's been proven that she isn't as badass as she she'd thought she was and by someone she'd easily defeated years before no less. IMHO, she better hope that the guy she gets hitched with is her polar opposite in terms of personality, or else the Kannagi family's in for some rough times. I understand she has a strong sense of family pride and she's very proud of herself, but she's arrogant and pig-headed. She's insubordinate, rushing into trouble blindly and head on, w/out any foresight at all.
manly_madonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 05:52   Link #349
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
currently liking the anime so far, i guess i will keep an eye on it.
Art wise, it isn't impressive, but nice. I'm just not really fond of Ayano's hair color (errr pink? shouldn't they be deep red, as suggest with novels covers?)

talking about her, i guess we can't put that personality matter over and over (i actually agree with "ayano bashers" : really an obnoxious character. meh... i won't repeat the same arguements, all of them have been posted pretty clearly)

however, it will be really interesting how her character development will be build (i can actually imagine how kazuma will be, but ayano's personality will most likely change like a bloomng flower : beautiful result? i hope so *grins*)
It gives me even more Shana vibes (While they might be completely different, both couples have their own "nasty start", with a overwhelming heartwarming end ^^ (just speculating with KnS so far, though ))

this situation is a bit similar with underdog/loser main protagonist development : the more the main char evolve, more it is tasteful, meaningful.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:00   Link #350
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
LOL... didn't notice this before... but I know that lightbringer means 'before the episode is subbed' XDDDD

making a summary even before the episode is aired is like.... whoa... far beyond my reach, unless I have some premonition power... LOL XD
ROFL, no, I'm not expecting you to blog it before it airs Although that would be kind of cool. Temporal shift maybe? Write the summary on Saturday and send it back in time to Wednesday.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:41   Link #351
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So as I was browsing through this thread, I find that it is very unfriendly to read. Does anyone even like this anime? Before bashing Ayano at how stupid she is, think about it for a second. You don't need long winded discussions to try to figure out her actions; it's very common in anime. If you switch the whole plot to romance, you know that most romance anime is about how one person likes someone and the other doesn't notice for 23104917234 episodes. It is the same here. The author is just trying to give the story some plot so that it doesn't end in 6 episodes. Besides, I'm sure Ayano's importance to the anime is up there but she isn't the main character anyways.

Okay enough of my ramblings. I found this anime very good compared to the newer ones. I could not find an action anime in 2006 that I want to watch at all, because let's face it, fighting tournaments after tournaments gets old. Kaze no Stigma offers an interesting plot along with well-animated action without the (Naruto: Ah, did you know what happened? Sasuke: No, please explain in great detail. Naruto: Well, I created a shadow clone and use both of my hands to concetrate the air pressure around me...) well, you know what I mean.

Anyways, good anime, but that's just my opinion. It's not really original, and it's above average for sure. Maybe it's because I spend all of 2006 watching romance/comedy, so this is a new flavor that I haven't tasted in a while.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:41   Link #352
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manly_madonna View Post
L IMHO, she better hope that the guy she gets hitched with is her polar opposite in terms of personality, or else the Kannagi family's in for some rough times.
Well, since the one she is going to get hitched with is going to be Kazuma, i think you will have your wish granted Lets face it - we all know what the pairing of this anime is going to be

Speaking of Kazuma and the dying girl we see in his flashback: Kazuma seems very disturbed when the talk shifts to "sacrifice" and "being eaten by a demon".

We learned that the "demon" eats the person that "awakens" him. What if the girl was used as a sacrifice to make Kazuma a contractor ? Hm...
Old 2007-05-01, 07:51   Link #353
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well, since the one she is going to get hitched with is going to be Kazuma, i think you will have your wish granted Lets face it - we all know what the pairing of this anime is going to be
Don't forget that they are cousins, most likely blood related. Well, I guess that's never stopped writers before, and it's true that distant cousins can marry in most locations...

@KholdStare: You must not have read the thread very carefully, as there are a number (larger than 4) of confirmed KnS addicts in this thread, myself included
Old 2007-05-01, 08:00   Link #354
usagijen

Quote:
I think Ayanos just too ruled by her anger/emotion -_- Kazuma even makes a mention of it in episode 3, saying thats the basics for fire-users although it's kinda strange cause none of the other really powerful users (which Im assuming her dad and genma are) seem to be like that, but maybe thats cause they've mastered their powers, while the rest of the small fry seem kinda impetuous as well.

Kinda makes you wonder about Kazuma and why he sucked as a flame user. Maybe it's cause he doesn't get angry enough -_- since he said that the emotion of anger = energy of fire-users or at least thats what I gather from the subs.

But after watching the subs, Ayano's rant about how ungrateful the Fuuga clan was really lost her points with me -_-
Kazuma mentions that it is indeed the "source" of the fire-users' power, but he also adds that it is useless (or its full potential won't be realized) unless one will be able to control it, which is certainly in Ayano's case... for Genma and the others, they have full control over this anger / emotion / temperament, thus they are able to use it when they want to "unleash" their power.

Ayano's pretty much a beginner... she has the innate skills of being a potentially great flame-user, but because of her bratty attitude (her father actually regards her as his "wagamama musume", her hard-headed, stubborn, egotistic daughter =P), her immaturity, and perhaps the lack of experience (battles or other life-changing encounters...) has somewhat "stunted" her growth as a flame-wielder (though I know she's going to get better later on... we just have to wait and see her full potential )

Once again about Kazuma... I haven't seen the subs so I don't know what it specifically mentioned about Kazuma being the "failure" of the Kannagi... but from what I know, he didn't really have the ability to wield fire in the first place, which means that despite the emotions of anger or whatnot that he has, it won't come out in the form of flame-abilities because he just wasn't endowed with it. Call it some "sad fate" or something... (talented in martial arts and other sports as well as in academics, but not as a flame user) >.>

With regards to Ayano's lack of comprehension about the situation of Fuugas, it once again boils down to the fact that she hasn't gone through enough for her to have such kind of a wide perspective or understanding of things. She lacks wisdom or something like that... attributed to her personality. But well, I just hope your opinion of her will certainly improve as we see her character development
Old 2007-05-01, 08:04   Link #355
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Don't forget that they are cousins, most likely blood related. Well, I guess that's never stopped writers before, and it's true that distant cousins can marry in most locations...
Wrong: first cousins can marry in the vast majority of world. Not to mention distant cousins
Old 2007-05-01, 08:06   Link #356
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Strange, I thought ALL kannagi had the ability to wield flame since their ancestor made some contract with the fire spirit and thus flame spirits listened to the kannagi. It's kinda strange they would ignore Kazuma then.

Old 2007-05-01, 08:12   Link #357
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Since we didn't see a proper flashback of his fight against ayano, we can't really judge how weak was his fire mastery. (thus, it doesn't mean that he is completely stripped out of any fire power)

but indeed, if he wasn't able to tap out the power from the fire spirits at all, it may hide something else. (usual liché maybe : adoption, uncontrollable huge power within him, etc etc)

the interesting thing would be Kazuma being able to mastery the fire element later... (the combination can be completely broken though )
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:17   Link #358
lightbringer
M9000

@Skyfall:
There are still some places where first cousins can't marry though, including half the states in the USA.

@evil|plushie: barring any strange genetic defect in Kazuma, I can see (at least) two choices: 1) he was already selected (by the wind spirit king or some other unknown universal force) at birth to be a wind contractor, hence not being able to use fire. or 2) he is actually adopted. The second choice is quite shaky of course. Genma does say that he was wrong to make Kazuma into a fire user, but it could also be simply due to Kazuma's apparent lack of talent for it rather than being adopted.
Old 2007-05-01, 08:21   Link #359
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
@Skyfall:
There are still some places where first cousins can't marry though, including half the states in the USA.

Yes, and those restrictions predate modern genetics. It is fine in the other half of USA, All of Europe, Canada, Mexico, Japan (Which matters in this case, not the outdated USA restrictions), bla bla bla...

And no matter how i look at the issue, i can't find any reason for these restrictions, personal bias/preference/opinion aside.
Old 2007-05-01, 08:37   Link #360
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Speaking of Kazuma and the dying girl we see in his flashback: Kazuma seems very disturbed when the talk shifts to "sacrifice" and "being eaten by a demon".

We learned that the "demon" eats the person that "awakens" him. What if the girl was used as a sacrifice to make Kazuma a contractor ? Hm...
There's a slight difference in that the Fuuga Clan obtain their power from a Youma while Kazuma got his from a Wind Spirit King. I somehow doubt the spirit kings are youmas and Kazuma doesn't seem like the type that would knowingly commit such act. Might be something that happen to him during his stay in Europe. The flashback girl being his friend? girlfriend? client?

It's not necessary for the demon to eat Ren i think as part of the ritual. However, it's like tethering a piece of prime morsel in front of a hungry lion.

Tags
fantasy, shounen