AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-27, 20:15   Link #1101
TigerII
Pilot in Training

How old are the three main characters?

I put Kazuma between 19-22

Ayano-16 or 17

Ren between 11-13

Anyone know their real ages?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 20:16   Link #1102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Besides, being skilled in arts of fighhting does not only include muscles but also brains. If Kazuma was tricky enough to pull of the trick, all praises go to him, and if Genma fell for it - its his own fault. Maybe he will learn from the experience something...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 20:18   Link #1103
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kazuma is 22

Ayano is 16

And ren is...hmm,,,i forgot...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 20:21   Link #1104
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

the animation qauilty is more than good enough fair better than naruto budget scenes, the story is developing nicely to ,ep 7 has removed my dislike for the smug kazuma finally so now I can enjoy it more :P

Hyouzan
Belldanys personalty is sweet and forgiving thus a doormat. :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 20:22   Link #1105
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Ha, I knew they were in the range I put them in.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:23   Link #1106
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well,

Spoiler for various episodes, including ep 7:

Spoiler for Kazuma's power (MAJOR spoiler):
Old 2007-05-27, 20:40   Link #1107
TigerII
Pilot in Training

But it is gonna be Augest before we get our answers!
Old 2007-05-27, 21:12   Link #1108
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think episode 7 was good to help really see what Kazuma's life was like back then. You know he was kicked out and had no ability to use fire. But really seeing him getting burned like that by those kids really hit it home. After that it's amazing he'd have anything to do with the family. Good thing he's able to draw the differences from those kind of people and the good members of the Kannagi.

Not sure if Kazuma 'tricked' his father. I think they were feeling each other out at the start. Genma went for the big attack, if Kazuma was a weaker level he wouldn't have been able to create an attack to counter it. It just came down to Kazuma creating a strong attack quicker and thus winning. Nothing wrong with using strategy to win, but I don't think there was any trickery by Kazuma.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:51   Link #1109
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think episode 7 was good to help really see what Kazuma's life was like back then. You know he was kicked out and had no ability to use fire. But really seeing him getting burned like that by those kids really hit it home. After that it's amazing he'd have anything to do with the family. Good thing he's able to draw the differences from those kind of people and the good members of the Kannagi.

Not sure if Kazuma 'tricked' his father. I think they were feeling each other out at the start. Genma went for the big attack, if Kazuma was a weaker level he wouldn't have been able to create an attack to counter it. It just came down to Kazuma creating a strong attack quicker and thus winning. Nothing wrong with using strategy to win, but I don't think there was any trickery by Kazuma.
Kazuma didn't trick his father. He beat him straight up. If anything, it was his dad who was overly confident, not knowing anything about his son's powers, where as Kazuma knew what his father was capable of, but had not seen his ultimate attack(though he knew his dad was capable of it). It was Kazuma's father's own over-confidence that did him in. Next time, the fight would have been more interesting, as he would fight more strategically(not that they'll ever fight again but Kazuma's powers levels are now out for people to see more clearly).
Old 2007-05-27, 22:10   Link #1110
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kazuma is 22

Ayano is 16

And ren is...hmm,,,i forgot...
Ren is 12. (I remember this question coming up a couple of pages ago - someone claimed that Ren is 8 therefore not yet able to fight properly. rofl)

@usagijen:
Spoiler for Kazuma's awakening:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 22:46   Link #1111
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What really pisses me off with this series is that Ayano never EVER gets out of her uniform. Not when going outside, not during her days off, heck, not even at her effing home. It's really getting to my nerves; even with a low budget, at the very least give her one set of casual clothes. >:-(

With that said, I still like this series enough to keep going. They still haven't fully fleshed out Kazuma's past, and I for one am looking forward who the mysterious girl is in his flashback.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:49   Link #1112
PerseiD999

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Kazuma didn't trick his father. He beat him straight up. If anything, it was his dad who was overly confident, not knowing anything about his son's powers, where as Kazuma knew what his father was capable of, but had not seen his ultimate attack(though he knew his dad was capable of it). It was Kazuma's father's own over-confidence that did him in. Next time, the fight would have been more interesting, as he would fight more strategically(not that they'll ever fight again but Kazuma's powers levels are now out for people to see more clearly).
It's NOT about “Kazuma's actually more powerful than his dad or not”, just a hint of Kazuma's personality.

There is no such words as “play fair” in Kazuma's dictionary, he will go for whatever the most efficient way to take down the opponents, including his dad. The choice between an all out fight or a quick dirty trick, kazuma will go for the later without hesitation.

Spoiler:

It's true that it's Genma's own fault for being over-confident, but it's clearly shown that Kazuma intentionally misled Genma into believing he's weak in 5 steps.

Spoiler:

Last edited by PerseiD999; 2007-05-28 at 00:45.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 03:36   Link #1113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseiD999 View Post
Actually Kazuma sort of played dirty during that fight with his dad.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 04:25   Link #1114
PerseiD999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
Well, I guess you can call it “strategy” if that sounds better to you, but I was just trying to point out that Kazuma did deliberately mislead Genma into underestimating his ability, and pulled off an easy victory out of a potential tough battle.

That's Kazuma's style, he doesn't actually take pride in his power, and doesn't like to work hard if there is an easy way of getting things settled.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 04:52   Link #1115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh not this again >.< its Genma fault that he was overconfident against kazuma...if you look he could have defeated him with normal attack but instead choose to do the ultimate badass attack to "overwhelm" him (oh ironic) ~ thats rather cocky dont you think? but at least we know where kazuma got his personality from
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
Spoiler for Kazuma's power (MAJOR spoiler):
i see...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 06:09   Link #1116
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:

Spoiler:

That's Kazuma's style, he doesn't actually take pride in his power, and doesn't like to work hard if there is an easy way of getting things settled.
About Kazuma being proud or not of his power in my opinion the show doesn't touch this topic now yet (and I don't know if it is touched or not later, I think maybe yes in passing)so I can't tell for now. Surely his power now gives him cockiness, and self assurance, important traits (especially the latter, the first is just a lovely plus on his character) that he hadn't had four years before.

However if we're talking about pride, dignity and self-esteem I dont' agree with you.

Kazuma IS proud or else he would have gone to meet the head of the kannagi's clan in ep 2, where he admits to Ren that he's keeping fighting Kannagis to keep his pride and his identity.

I also think that he does have dignity. In episode 2 he explains to Ren that he wouldn't be the lackey of the Kannagi's. When they left him, he changed his name and now his name mans something to him and he don't want it smeared with servilism towards people who sacked him out of their family for really no reason. This shows his pride and his will to keep his dignity. Moreover kazuma would NEVER use the "Ren barrier" as Ayano did, he would look too dumb. He even asks Ayano if she's not shamed of herself. Kazuma knows what dignity means and he's not willing to loose his easily.

Talking about self-esteem I'd say that he has plenty, enough to make himself cocky. He is also very self assured to the point that he tells the Kannagis calmly about their hypocricy and faults face to face in their own home. Moreover he his aware of his power, not overestimating it or underestimating it. Kazuma doesen't need to flaunt it all the time. He uses it only if necessary or if it's more comfortable (flying instead of walking or floating to look at the scenery), not to brag about himself as the family branch did (especially the idiotic brothers that ends up dead in ep 1). This means that even if he keeps having nightmares of the past he doesn't have any complex deriving from them, that's only because he knows his value really well.

Saying that he has no qualms about using dirty tricks against those who are more powerful than himself is also a big misunderstanding on your part. For example during the ceremony to get Enraiha, Kazuma knew that he was the weacker one. He couldn't use Enjuustu at all while Ayano could without problems, but he fought her upfront anyway. It's not like he poisoned her before or after the match or tried to use any underhanded method.

As shown in the novels (the first chapters that have been translated) Kazuma is clearly a lazy bum, at least inside. He didn't have any will to do his job it's just that he'd better if he wanted to have more jobs in Japan area during his stay. However when he had to take action he did it. He handled the situation without wasting efforts, or using anybody as his shield. The same is in the fight with his father. Kazuma at first tested if he could do without using much power and then since Genma is not a newbie he had to get serious using a stronger move. This only when the other was getting prepared his strongets weapon. So is Kazuma a lazy bum? When possible, yes. Is he all right in using unsightly tactics to win just to keep lazying around? I haven't seen anything about it in the show till now, on the contrary his personality is depicted quite differently from this.

Sorry for the long reply
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:59   Link #1117
usagijen

Quote:
There is no such words as “play fair” in Kazuma's dictionary, he will go for whatever the most efficient way to take down the opponents, including his dad. The choice between an all out fight or a quick dirty trick, kazuma will go for the later without hesitation.
I think it's just but practical to find the most efficient means to finish off a fight... and may it be a dirty trick or not, it's indeed a 'strategy', just as you've also mentioned...

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh not this again >.< its Genma fault that he was overconfident against kazuma...if you look he could have defeated him with normal attack but instead choose to do the ultimate badass attack to "overwhelm" him (oh ironic) ~ thats rather cocky dont you think? but at least we know where kazuma got his personality from

i see...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-28, 08:09   Link #1118
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What really pisses me off with this series is that Ayano never EVER gets out of her uniform. Not when going outside, not during her days off, heck, not even at her effing home. It's really getting to my nerves; even with a low budget, at the very least give her one set of casual clothes. >:-(
Imagine what she smells like after constantly wearing that same uniform for so many months...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 08:27   Link #1119
usagijen

Quote:
Imagine what she smells like after constantly wearing that same uniform for so many months...
I dread not imagine how that smells like XDD

but regarding Ayano not changing her 'costume' and is constantly in her seifuku, you gotta blame the original author / illustrator for that, coz she really never does change her outfit in the novel (probably because events always happen on a schoolday, and she doesn't have any more time to change into casual clothes?) XDD

Kazuma doesn't change his clothes either, and so does most of the characters
Old 2007-05-28, 09:10   Link #1120
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
i'd still hit it.

Tags
fantasy, shounen