AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-05-30, 15:42   Link #1201
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
That's not the preview, that's the second ending theme. It was back in episode 3, too. XD Guess they were trying to appease all the lolicons out there...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 16:24   Link #1202
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh crap youre right XD thats what i get for trying to type during the end songs *lolicon urges rising*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 17:00   Link #1203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha yeah just the second ending. Though have to agree it's a nice image. This episode should be fun, can't wait to see it.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:34   Link #1204
lightbringer
M9000

Ayano was a lot more "moe" back then, I guess.
Old 2007-05-30, 19:58   Link #1205
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Though there are some poeple who are more biased than others, following blindly first impressions no matter what.

P.S. On the side note - I think it takes great maturity to like such characters as Shinji from Evangelion..Usually immature poeple who are rushing with their judgements scream how terrible and wimpy he is, and fail to notice that behind their narcisstic self-image (that would be opposite to Shinji) they are Shinji's for the bigger time they spend in social interaction.

Yeah, Shinji was bit extreme, but still the siilarities between his actions and our ordinary social life is quite striking. I think it needs quite a bit of maturity to be able admit it and some introspection to notice and to connect to that, in many ways
I hope you're not referring to me with these comments. Because if you are, the holier than though attitude isn't going to get you far. If you're not, then disregard this paragraph as I apologize for misunderstanding.

If anger is fitting for fire, then I'm more of a water or wind person.
Old 2007-05-30, 21:18   Link #1206
usagijen

Quote:
oh she will grow up...but that doesnt mean that her flame is reduced...it just means that it will take more that some cheap words to set her off again

ep 8 screen caps ~
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for pic of 'Tiana' in volume 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Gah...I just had flashes from La Corda after clicking that XD The screens look interesting needless to say
hehe... Lili~~!! who knows, they may be from the same family

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-30 at 21:44.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 21:36   Link #1207
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Wrong! I like Shinn. If anything else, he is one of the most human-like characters in GSD. The one creature i hate from that show is Kira.
I like Shinn too. Though I like Kira better. The only guy I didn't like was Athrun.

Yes, contrary to popular belief, people can like both Shinn and Kira. It's just a matter of perspective at looking. Go check out 4Tran, me and wingdarkness's legendary bantering at the Gundam thread for examples...long examples.

As far as I'm concerned in the case of KnS... what matters most to me is character dynamics that work to character development. Ayano brings out the "under-side" of Kazuma that makes him look better than just a confident badass just as Kazuma brings out the side of Ayano that is entertaining, but at the same time showing signs of development on both front. It's less so for Kazume at the moment, but guys with sad, emo past is hard to break.

If Ayano isn't there, Kazuma would be boring as there would only be the occasional emo-tsundere-Kazuma from his father and the ahh~Soushu understands Kazuma and the Ren-Kazuma oniichan thing, all of which are more boring that Kazuma-Ayano.

It's like saying Guts is awesome because he's so GAR, but without that oh-so-perfect Griffith, Guts come across less interesting in the long run of things.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 21:47   Link #1208
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I like Shinn too. Though I like Kira better. The only guy I didn't like was Athrun.

Yes, contrary to popular belief, people can like both Shinn and Kira. It's just a matter of perspective at looking. Go check out 4Tran, me and wingdarkness's legendary bantering at the Gundam thread for examples...long examples.

As far as I'm concerned in the case of KnS... what matters most to me is character dynamics that work to character development. Ayano brings out the "under-side" of Kazuma that makes him look better than just a confident badass just as Kazuma brings out the side of Ayano that is entertaining, but at the same time showing signs of development on both front. It's less so for Kazume at the moment, but guys with sad, emo past is hard to break.

If Ayano isn't there, Kazuma would be boring as there would only be the occasional emo-tsundere-Kazuma from his father and the ahh~Soushu understands Kazuma and the Ren-Kazuma oniichan thing, all of which are more boring that Kazuma-Ayano.

It's like saying Guts is awesome because he's so GAR, but without that oh-so-perfect Griffith, Guts come across less interesting in the long run of things.
I'm all about the GAR. Don't need drama in an action series. Just in a drama series.
Old 2007-05-30, 22:10   Link #1209
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yes, without Ayano Kazuma would not be really as cool as he is, or even if he would he would get boring rather soon enough.

Its always fun to watch his and ayanos talks and fights with each other, where he can really shine with his witty or sarcastic comebacks...

Lets face it - without Ayano-Kazuma this show would loose quite a big part of its charm, specially considering how "great" action scenes look.

P.S. justinstrife, I didnt had you in mind when I was writting the comments of mine. Even if I dont agree with some points of your attitude, it doesnt mean that I am making each of my comments just to mock you.

Yet, I stilll believe, that the poeple who screa their hatred for shinji are more or less screaming their hatred to themselves... Since we are all better opinion about ourselves than we really are, thus in respect to such an image of oneself the Shinji's character might seem almost like an insult. It takes quite a bit of maturity to understand Shinji, though to like him you would need to have some emotional connections with this character.

Sad as it is but Shinji is probably the most true fictional character that represent the social reality of our time. And I would disagree about the comment of him not having character development. he does, its juts that his character development is hidden behind the character deconstruction in Anno's style.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 22:24   Link #1210
lightbringer
M9000

Old news, guys... foil.

So what's up with
Spoiler for Tiana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yet, I stilll believe, that the poeple who screa their hatred for shinji are more or less screaming their hatred to themselves... Since we are all better opinion about ourselves than we really are, thus in respect to such an image of oneself the Shinji's character might seem almost like an insult. It takes quite a bit of maturity to understand Shinji, though to like him you would need to have some emotional connections with this character.

Sad as it is but Shinji is probably the most true fictional character that represent the social reality of our time. And I would disagree about the comment of him not having character development. he does, its juts that his character development is hidden behind the character deconstruction in Anno's style.
What you are actually doing is proclaiming a blanket argumentum ad hominem against everyone who does not agree with your interpretation of Shinji. Not to mention that you are grossly generalizing without any facts to back it up... where is the "generally inflated self-esteem" argument coming from? If anything, my experience with people around my own age often shows a prevalent lack of self-esteem in many cases. And the only insult coming from Shinji is the insult to the viewer who has to watch a
Spoiler for Evengelion spoilers:

I meant my comment about Shinji's character development to be sarcastic. Plainly, it did not come across as intended, so I'm at fault there. I do not actually wish to argue for or against him, but I do believe that Evangelion as a whole is grossly overrated. (Meaning, this is a personal belief that I have neither time, wish, nor reason to debate, especially not in the Kaze no Stigma thread )

Last edited by lightbringer; 2007-05-30 at 22:43.
Old 2007-05-31, 02:11   Link #1211
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Wrong! I like Shinn. If anything else, he is one of the most human-like characters in GSD. The one creature i hate from that show is Kira.
Sorry dude, but im no Shin fan. Im also not a fan of Kira. I only loved Destiny and Strike Freedom gundam but i never really fond of the pilot. I thought that Shin was too drastic and emotional, he thinks too high over himself then in the end thats everything that matters until somebody has to slap him right out of it. Kira is a goody guy who doesnt want to hurt anybody but then many people have died in the process if he didint try to prevent earlier, he never tries to use reasonable words, he only goes, "stop it" and "i dont want to hurt anybody".

Thats why i think Kazuma is your strict and firm guy who tells people to cut the nonsense straight away which is really cool. I think a character like Shin fits more for a female like Ayano.

Actually i thought Athrun was very good in the series, he and Mu ra Flaga,Hein,Yzack Joule, Elsman and Andrew, including the bad guys, Sting and Auel. I liked them better. I cant forgive Shin for what he did to Auel.

off topic end

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 05:25   Link #1212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 8 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-05-31, 06:27   Link #1213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep8:

Spoiler for Ep9 Preview:
Old 2007-05-31, 07:54   Link #1214
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep9 Preview:
haven't seen this episode yet... itching... waiting for the chinese subs ><
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-31, 08:06   Link #1215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-31, 08:27   Link #1216
PerseiD999

Spoiler:

Last edited by PerseiD999; 2007-05-31 at 10:54.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 08:36   Link #1217
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2007-05-31, 08:46   Link #1218
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
So what's up with
Spoiler for Tiana:
Spoiler:

oh, and forget about what I said about the dinner... it's different from what I thought (the one I mentioned was the one in the short story... ><)
Old 2007-05-31, 08:53   Link #1219
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
haven't seen this episode yet... itching... waiting for the chinese subs ><
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2007-05-31, 09:22   Link #1220
usagijen

Quote:
Spoiler:
uguu... but that one I posted is the one in the short story... not the 'dinner' in the next episode... ><

sorry for the confusion... and giving false expectations... >_>

Tags
fantasy, shounen