AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-31, 15:54   Link #1241
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseiD999 View Post
Strictly speaking, it's not a filler, it's based on one of the original short stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
if it build character then its no filler :3
Spoiler for future:
I agree with you both on those counts. I didn't know the episode had its roots in the source material or that episode 8 builds character because until today I avoided reading spoilers until after the subs were released. I finally caved today and read some spoilers for the episode. I still haven't actually watched episode 8 though. However, at the rate I'm succumbing to temptation, I'll probably start watching the raws soon. Something I swore I would never do again after a season's worth of Ghost Hunt.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 17:18   Link #1242
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
BUT please lets drop this issue here and lets talk about KnS now.
Yep =). Moving right along, to begin with, Kazuma is not Ayano and should not act like Ayano, I think most of us can agree on that part. Okay, maybe he's a bit too cool (reminds me of how goofy Lelouch is in his daily life, in stark contrast to his rational and collected act as Zero), which makes him somewhat one-dimensional until we consider that he actually does have some interesting and dramatic back-story. I am looking forward to seeing him
Spoiler for novel:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 17:29   Link #1243
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder. If anger is the key to fire magic, what's the key to wind magic? And what about the other elements?

Also, how suitable is Ren as a fire user? He seems too sweet to get angry easily. Though I suppose it might change as he grows older. And if he spends much time as the sure kill technique: Ren Barrier.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 17:32   Link #1244
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder. If anger is the key to fire magic, what's the key to wind magic? And what about the other elements?
sarcasm...and a generally cool attitude (when the wind blows you cool down kinda thing ) ~

now it hits me...to the novel readers...would be be seeing any "other element" users in the future? :3

edit:
Quote:
Also, how suitable is Ren as a fire user? He seems too sweet to get angry easily. Though I suppose it might change as he grows older. And if he spends much time as the sure kill technique: Ren Barrier.
you know i think ren does have a fiery side to his personality...just look at this reaction when kazuma refused to hand over the elixir a few eps back...but for most of the time the guy chooses to be a pushover...(which is sweet but he will stand up for himself with the time calls for it...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 18:12   Link #1245
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for novels & other users speculation:
Old 2007-05-31, 18:38   Link #1246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I tried to stay with subs and not watching raws for most of the time. But wanting to stay in the discussion made me cave and pretty soon started watching the raw. Thankfully we have a handy blog and not a bad speed on translation so I don't go too long without knowing what's going on.

Ren certainly has a temper, but he does spend a lot of time as a pushover. Maybe he just has good control so we don't see the anger all that much with him. We've gotten to see him step up with Kazuma and just lately against the dragon.
Old 2007-05-31, 23:00   Link #1247
PerseiD999

Spoiler for abilities, classes and other clans in KnS:

P.S. Ren can surely stand his own ground, and is indeed very observant and intelligent for a 12 year old, no need to mention he can basically get Kazuma to do (almost) everything he wants, a very unique existence.

Last edited by PerseiD999; 2007-05-31 at 23:24.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 00:55   Link #1248
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Ayano stated that Ren is stronger than Misao ... Misao killed a bunch of the family members (her father included) with one attack. Therefore, i think he is fairly adequate Also - his flame is golden, meaning the "highest quality".
Old 2007-06-01, 01:51   Link #1249
PerseiD999

Golden Flame is rather the standard for a Kannagis direct descendent.

Anger doesn’t mean Ren has to lash out as Ayano usually does, his anger tends to show in the form of determination, and his voice switches to serious or even commanding tone when he’s angry.

P.S. I believe it’s comment somewhere that Ren’s power pretty much at the same level as Ayano, Ayano only wins because she has Enraiha, which significantly enhances her ability.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 04:48   Link #1250
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
ahh but as far as I remmeber Ayano stated that Misao cant even stand as equal against Ren. The part "even" still; shows that Ren isnt the too strong really. But he is deent enough I guess, as far as we have seen only Genma and Ayano are stronger than he is.

But Ren has one serious advantage against Ayano. Ayano has lots of power but almsot no control over it, where Rens power thoug being weaker is better controlled.If he gets equal power as ayano he would beat her for her lack of control. I don't think that enraiha powers up the user all that much, it surely adds, but Ayano has a lots of power (and temper) to begin with.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 05:01   Link #1251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

oooh great...i can expect more tricky fighting action in the future (hopefully they wont sux >.<)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But Ren has one serious advantage against Ayano. Ayano has lots of power but almsot no control over it, where Rens power thoug being weaker is better controlled.If he gets equal power as ayano he would beat her for her lack of control. I don't think that enraiha powers up the user all that much, it surely adds, but Ayano has a lots of power (and temper) to begin with.
ayano does have control of her powers but she is just still too inexperienced...given time when she can fully utilize the powers of enraiha you will see :3 shes hasnt really had a challenge up til now...without an aim or anything as such she cannot improve at all...but now she gains a new target...one which she hopes to defeat kazuma with ~

likewise ren has potential...being Genma's son im sure he shares some of the haxx genes :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-06-01, 05:11   Link #1252
Darknemo2000

Well, I dont think that defeating Kazuma is her main aim now..I think her main aim would be to leave an impression on Kazuma and make him respect and admit her (though she wouldnt admit it loudly).

I actually wouldnt be all that happy about new action scenes, since I think that characters here are much more important, specially knowing how crappy all the action scenes we have seen were. Not really impressive, but I guess everything goes down to the low budget of this series (if compared to RomeoxJuliet).

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2007-06-01 at 06:45.
Old 2007-06-01, 06:36   Link #1253
Honey_and_Cleaver

Hearing Kazuma's voice gives a freshly new feeling. Seldom do you get a slight manly and between teen voice. With good story,voice and character developement, ill trade it with even big budget and highly animated anime. Although if it were to combine together, it would be classical.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 07:14   Link #1254
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I agree with you both on those counts. I didn't know the episode had its roots in the source material or that episode 8 builds character because until today I avoided reading spoilers until after the subs were released. I finally caved today and read some spoilers for the episode. I still haven't actually watched episode 8 though. However, at the rate I'm succumbing to temptation, I'll probably start watching the raws soon. Something I swore I would never do again after a season's worth of Ghost Hunt.
hehe... you're going to miss a lot if you don't look at the spoilers.. especially the fun stuff XDDD
Old 2007-06-01, 07:27   Link #1255
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseiD999 View Post
Spoiler for abilities, classes and other clans in KnS:

P.S. Ren can surely stand his own ground, and is indeed very observant and intelligent for a 12 year old, no need to mention he can basically get Kazuma to do (almost) everything he wants, a very unique existence.
W00t. Nice info, thanks a lot

Spoiler for Persei's spoiler:
Old 2007-06-01, 09:44   Link #1256
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
hehe... you're going to miss a lot if you don't look at the spoilers.. especially the fun stuff XDDD
I strongly prefer not to be spoiled, so that's why I was avoiding them. But I got tired of seeing page after page of spoiler buttons when a raw was released. I really appreciate that the raw watchers are carefully using spoiler buttons, don't misunderstand me on that point, please! I was just ... feeling a little left out of the fun. So I caved in.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 09:54   Link #1257
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I strongly prefer not to be spoiled, so that's why I was avoiding them. But I got tired of seeing page after page of spoiler buttons when a raw was released. I really appreciate that the raw watchers are carefully using spoiler buttons, don't misunderstand me on that point, please! I was just ... feeling a little left out of the fun. So I caved in.
yea sorry about that but considering that we dont have a separate section we are pretty much stuck with unloading all our thoughts into this single thread
but most of the times the spoilers really arent that much "spoilerish" so to speak...and at the pace the series is going we will be seeing them in action in no time

Old 2007-06-01, 10:04   Link #1258
Darknemo2000

Talking og which..Maybe its time for Kaze No Stigma to get a seperate section after all... I mean the active still hasnt decreased and number of posts increases daily, so maybe its not so bad idea after all...
Old 2007-06-01, 11:33   Link #1259
David Johnston

Quote:
Judging by Kazuma, I'm thinking the emotional state which is ideal for using Air to full potential is detachment. Therefore presumably the ideal earth user is stubborn and the ideal water user is mercurial.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:55   Link #1260
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah can't really be helped that people have to put all their thoughts out here. People are pretty careful in using spoiler tags just to be on the safe side. Luckily the series is subbed pretty quickly so people aren't ever that far behind. But I can understand feeling left out of things with how much posting follows the raws.

Agree that the whole reason I got into posting was because I wanted to be involved. So watching the raws and keeping up with all the information helped in that regard. Usually just wait for the sub but this time was willing to watch raws and get in things.

We're not up to using Kazuma for average wind power, but emotionally we can carefully work there. Not sure how much of his personality is related to the wind element or is just his own separate personality.

Tags
fantasy, shounen