AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 61 52.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 35.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-03, 04:01   Link #61
Pakxenon
popcorn

>>>"I want to marry you, Yuuichi."
To Makoto: Too much shoujo manga for you, young Makoto.
To Yuuichi: Fatal trap. Fatal Trap! FATAL TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Two reasons: one, it's a fatal trap; and two, he's sticking around with a person who's going to disappear soon, and as so it happens many times in various stories, he'll get a very bad heartache later.)

AND THE LOOK FROM NAYUKI AT THE END WAS ORGASMIC. (Reminiscence of SHUFFLE! = dangerous)

9/10 for presentation. Makoto is still my least favourite sad-girl-in-snow, however, and stretching this to 4 episodes seems a little too much considering we have 4 girls left and Mai supossedly has 6 episodes to burn.

Last edited by Pakxenon; 2006-12-03 at 04:15.
Old 2006-12-03, 04:06   Link #62
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just really finished watching...and I have to say, despite the skepticism about the pacing of the episode I've read about so far, I think it's still a pretty good episode...Almost heart-rending in some ways, in fact.

I don't see the degradation of Makoto as 'sudden', simply because I've actually managed to look out for the subtle hints in which Makoto's health was starting to fail, as well as piecing a few things together ever since my suspicions about Makoto being involved with the fox on the hill Yuuichi saw when she was there with Piro.

Spoiler:

Think that's about all I can think of.

I think it's pretty pointless to say that the marriage thing was entirely out of the blue. True, it may appear that way if one adopts the way of thinking of a typical teenager for Makoto, but once Yuuichi talked to Mishio, it's pretty obvious why she wanted to do so.

1) Simplest reason: She wants to stay with Yuuichi forever.

2) Makoto wasn't human in the first place, so she has no understanding of what implications of the term 'marriage' has on the whole. Furthermore, her degradation has practically turned her into nothing more than a child, answering in basic sentences at best, with her "Auu" being one of the key terms.

Come to think of it, Her "Auu" was probably adopted from whatever kind of a sound she made as a fox. I really sympathise with Yuuichi as well. He must be feeling quite depressed actually, and if he had lower self-esteem, would probably be blaming himself for treating Makoto as though she was a nuisance-or so he might have made her think. Yet, he still wants to keep company with her till the very end with great mental strength. He doesn't lash out at Mishio for not being able to help him, especially when she simply kept quiet and he accepted that as a fact that Makoto was soon going to disappear from his life as a human girl. Guess this is one part where the difference comes in between him and Kyon. The latter never had to deal with emotional issues as compared to Yuuichi, and that simply makes Yuuichi's character shine more.

On the whole, though, the episode almost made me teary. Almost, and I was already prepared for some emotional parts. Kanon's done a pretty good job at shifting moods so as to amplify the more emotional scenes, and I keep thinking that the preview is preparing to set us up for even more saddening parts. At least that's what the title implied too.

A very good episode. Comes close to a 10, definitely.
Old 2006-12-03, 06:40   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually, I'm less emotional about this in this version. Unfortunately, if she doesn't die in ep. 10, I'll be in the same boat as Forever. Sorry guys, but the series has to move on.

From my standpoint, she was deteriorating since the unpacking of Yuichi's room. If you can slug a guy with enough force to knock him to the floor, then you can carry a box up 1 flight of stairs without complaining. It's just more noticeable now because she's close to dying and it fluctuates because she doesn't want to leave.

I don't place any romantic value in that "confession". I mean she is physically deteriorating, age regressing and species regressing. She probably thinks that just like in the manga if she can marry Yuichi she'll stay with him forever. I think that she knows that she is dying. It's a desparate attempt to forestall it or a way to ensure that he remembers her forever imo.

But it was interesting to see that Yuichi told her that she doesn't have to remember and he has memory issues.

Kudos to Kyo-Ani for a much needed enlightening about Mishio's past.

@Forever: At least you can save your tissues for next week.

No Ayu next week either. My Ayu withdrawal worsens......
Old 2006-12-03, 08:49   Link #64
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion;757251.

I don't place any romantic value in that "confession". I mean she is physically deteriorating, age regressing and species regressing. She probably thinks that just like in the manga if she can marry Yuichi she'll stay with him forever. I think that she knows that she is dying. It's a desparate attempt to forestall it or a way to ensure that he remembers her forever imo.
You want to kill me?I almost cried reading your post.
Old 2006-12-03, 09:03   Link #65
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
There isn't really a high romantic value for it, but I don't think it was said with the thought of desperately attempting to forestall. She's deteriorating already in her mind, and her mindset is basically that of a child. Desperate, no...A wish to hopefully make him remember her forever, yes.

Quote:
No Ayu next week either. My Ayu withdrawal worsens......
I'm pretty sure we'll be getting more of it soon...After Makoto's arc is over.
Old 2006-12-03, 09:10   Link #66
M L Monster
三尉

Well I'm suffering from the lack of Shiori.

Its painful seeing her appear for 5 mins in the show every week but its alot worse with no appearence of her at all.

The only thing trying to keep me alive is eating ice cream
Old 2006-12-03, 09:18   Link #67
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by M L Monster View Post
Well I'm suffering from the lack of Shiori.
welcome to my world

neways i found the last minute confession a tear jerking point of this ep...her mentality is degrading to that of a 5 year old but still manages to keep it together enough to say how much she loves yuuichi...she knows that she cant hold on much longer and opts to state her feelings before her mind becomes completely blank...*sob**sob*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-03, 09:37   Link #68
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

Voted 10/10 Perfect for this episode, but should have voted Painful because I know next episode will hurt like hell.
Old 2006-12-03, 11:57   Link #69
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you with my remarks.

I gave it a 10 too for hitting all the "sad" buttons.

Read at your own risk.
Spoiler for Owaranai Destiny:
Old 2006-12-03, 12:17   Link #70
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Read at your own risk.
Spoiler for Owaranai Destiny:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-03, 12:21   Link #71
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-03, 17:13   Link #72
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

OMG.. Makoto noooo~

*stupid thought pops into head*
OMG what if something like this happens to Ayu.. No no >.< that's too sad to even contemplate..
Ayuuuu~
Quote - orion
--------------------------------------
Damn that's cold :( your comments cut to the bone.. don't you have a heart?!
Quote - ZeusIrae
I personally felt like jumping thru the monitor and kicking his ass.. //I'm not joking :(
Old 2006-12-03, 17:31   Link #73
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
OMG.. Makoto noooo~

OMG what if something like this happens to Ayu.. No no >.< that's too sad to even contemplate..
Ayuuuu~
well considering its called "sad girls in snow" it would only be natural to think that misfortune will bestow on all the girls otherwise it wont be called "sad" for nothing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-03, 17:52   Link #74
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Mmm.. I would like to think of Ayu as the little angel in the snow.. :(
She sounds like she has already enough misfortune.. nee~ :'(

Whatever happens I just hope they don't... k.. kk.. kill her..

But I have to wonder, if this is what happend to Makoto.. and it's goddamn saaad.. then Ayu's arc following this would imply that it's even sadder.... I hope mistery takes priority over tragedy in the show :'(
Old 2006-12-03, 18:23   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I hope mistery takes priority over tragedy in the show :'(
A mysterious death then ? *runs and hides*
Old 2006-12-03, 20:37   Link #76
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

now thats what Kanon should be....

just wish i wasnt preparing for a stupid dissertation so I could rewatch these few episodes again... Kyoani did a good job.. I feel a lot more connected to Makoto than the Toei version.
Old 2006-12-03, 21:55   Link #77
orion

Quote:
OMG.. Makoto noooo~

Ayuuuu~
Quote - orion
Damn that's cold your comments cut to the bone.. don't you have a heart?!
Quote - ZeusIrae
I personally felt like jumping thru the monitor and kicking his ass.. //I'm not joking

I survived Air.

You do need to realize that it's an opinion. An age and species regressing female who's dying isn't likely to be thinking about romance. That takes extra energy for which she doesn't have to spare. Yuichi has been alternating as big brother or father figure and owner to her so romance ain't in the cards.

Besides, if you're getting this worked up now, what are you going to do for the rest of the series? This title is based on a "crying game". The type of emotions that this title is suppose to make us feel is now getting started.

You must deal with this sad event now so that the other sadder events do not overwhelm you later on.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-03 at 22:10.
Old 2006-12-03, 22:54   Link #78
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
as a side note, do you mean the "oedipe complex" for your psychology term?
Did a little bit of research on this. "Oedipe complex" describes the male child's attachment to his mother, the counterpart is actually called "Electra complex". Though I'm not sure if it applies in this case because both complex describes sexual attraction and sexual lust, which I don't think is the case for Makoto.
Old 2006-12-03, 23:17   Link #79
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Mmm.. I would like to think of Ayu as the little angel in the snow..
She sounds like she has already enough misfortune.. nee~ :'(
Ayu will probably turn out be a serial killer or something. Doesn't she seem like the killer loli type?

This episode almost had me in tears the whole time. I nearly lost it when Makoto said she wanted to marry Yuuichi. Heck, I'm about to lose it just typing this now. I don't think an anime has had this kind of an impact on me since I watched Saikano the first time a couple years ago.
Yes, I'm that guy; I missed AIR
Old 2006-12-04, 01:47   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You must deal with this sad event now so that the other sadder events do not overwhelm you later on.
actually being overwhelmed sounds more fun i wanna cry bucket loads not just a few drops >.<

Closed Thread