AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 01:47   Link #1
grand

Torrent how to? Help plzzz ^_^

Ok i know basic html and some php, but i can't figure out how to add the anime suki torrent page to my site.

I understand about 4% of what the Dev page says. I downloaded the XML page and uploaded it to my server, and it has an error. Probably cause all im doing is uploading it.

What i want to do is have it exactly like anime suki has it, only with the unlicensed legal animes. I'm not in to having licensed animes because they = trouble ^_^

Can the webmasters of staff of anime suki hook me up with some help? I have no idea what im doing, what files to download, what to edit, etc.

Also i'm not sure if im posting in the right forum section, i apologyze if im not.
Old 2004-01-01, 02:39   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Why? If all you want to do is duplicate our content... then what is the purpose of this?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-01, 05:04   Link #3
grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Why? If all you want to do is duplicate our content... then what is the purpose of this?

What do you mean copy the content? Are you the head webmaster? If so i dont think you understand the whole P2P file sharing system. I doubt you're the head webmaster, cause it's common sense.

MANY sites are using the same method Animesuki is using, and Most are linking and using animesuki for the source of the torrent torrent p2p network.
Anyways i asked for staff help or from the people who know about this, i think you're just a regular member who doesn't know anything about it. No offense.

see narutofan.com, they use animesuki's naruto source, so they have exactly what animesuki has.

All i want to do is have the same thing and offer more people to the network.

Think about it this way, i add about 1,500+ new people to the network, you'll have more people to be sharing media with and uploading with. And that's how i noticed things work.

so what's your beef against me? I'm just trying to join the P2P system like alot of anime webmasters are doing now.

I asked for help from the staff or the head webmaster, not a noob who think's im ripping animesuki's contents. ah well. I think i'll just email the webmaster, but as a fellow webmaster i hate people bugging me.. So i'll wait a bit before asking he/she directly.

I hate it when people turn a topic in to a dispute (flame).
Old 2004-01-01, 05:40   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Firstly, if you bothered to look at the staff page, you would have noticed that NoSanninWa IS indeed a staff member. Not only a staff member, but a super staff member! He is no normal user after all..
But you are obviously too concerned in starting an argument..

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand
What do you mean copy the content? Are you the head webmaster? If so i dont think you understand the whole P2P file sharing system. I doubt you're the head webmaster, cause it's common sense.
He is not the "Head webmaster" but whats the matter? He can't ask questions since he is not the WB? Pretty odd if you ask me..

Quote:
MANY sites are using the same method Animesuki is using, and Most are linking and using animesuki for the source of the torrent torrent p2p network.
Anyways i asked for staff help or from the people who know about this, i think you're just a regular member who doesn't know anything about it. No offense.
I think that none was taken after all, you are saying he is just a random lurker who doesn't know anything.

Quote:
see narutofan.com, they use animesuki's naruto source, so they have exactly what animesuki has.

All i want to do is have the same thing and offer more people to the network.

Think about it this way, i add about 1,500+ new people to the network, you'll have more people to be sharing media with and uploading with. And that's how i noticed things work.
Great, the more the merrier! My question now is, Why isn't a link (in bold italics and maybe even colors) the same? You, as stated in the first post, got some basic knowledge about HTML and PHP, so isn't a link enough?
But wait, I'm a regular member so I dont know anything, is it?

Quote:
so what's your beef against me? I'm just trying to join the P2P system like alot of anime webmasters are doing now.
As stated a few lines before, isn't a link enough?

Quote:
I asked for help from the staff or the head webmaster, not a noob who think's im ripping animesuki's contents.
I don't think that NoSanninWa is a "noob" after all. Maybe he is.
Important notice: You degenerated from random user to noob.

Quote:
ah well. I think i'll just email the webmaster, but as a fellow webmaster i hate people bugging me.. So i'll wait a bit before asking he/she directly.
I think I could have said something about your webmaster abilities related to your first post, but I think I will let it go for now.

Quote:
Funny, you turned a legittimate question into a flame war for no apparent reason.

My POV? Why doing a mirroring of a whole site and all of it's torrents when you can link? If you want to add peoples to AS, a link would've been better.

P.S. : Sadly I know "something" about this strange P2P called BitTorrent, so if you want to talk about it, feel free to.
Old 2004-01-01, 11:16   Link #5
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Old 2004-01-01, 15:49   Link #6
grand

Well what do you think my reaction would be when he states i'm gonna use it to rip? "Why bother is all you're gonna do is copy our contents"

that says to me he is saying i'm a ripper. If he was smart he would know it would add many more users to the network. How do a webmaster ripp a p2p network? when EVERYBODY can use it?

All i came here is to ask how to do it, cause i don't quite understand it very well. Not be called a ripper. There was absolutely no need to call me a ripper to begin with if the person knew how bit torrent works.

anyways i'm not going to continue this dispute. I'll stay for the help i came to ask for, then this topic i''ll concider closed and ignored.

So can anyone who knows how to get bit torrent working help me? Don't bother replying if all you're gonna do is continue this flame discussion.
Old 2004-01-01, 16:16   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
anyways i'm not going to continue this dispute....i''ll concider closed and ignored.
In that case I'll close the thread as you requested.

Tsk... some people, arguing with the mods...
Closed Thread