AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-30, 21:04   Link #61
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I still don't buy how kakuzu escaped. Regardless of when he put his hand in the ground, once a person is bound by shikamaru's jutsu they can't move any part of their body unless shika wants them to. Simple as that. It doesn't matter if he put it there before or after shika bound him. Once kakuzu is bound, he shouldn't be able to move anything.

Hidan is also much stupider than I thought. Its been about a week, maybe a little longer since asuma died. A week ago, a bloody week ago, shikamaru and asuma almost killed him! And yet he says "oh... now I remember you". You'd think that someone who contributed to your decapitation would be a face that's hard to forget... but in this crazy ninja world, anything is possible.

About the elemental weakness, my position still stands. Its really quite stupid and you'd think something as important as that would have shown up earlier in the series. Yet it hasn't... kishi just made it up I bet...
Old 2006-11-30, 21:15   Link #62
tkdtiger

I think the elemental weakness is weak as well. Earth smothers fire and works as a ground for lightning, but I guess if you're going to use elemental weaknesses then you'll have to think of something. Elements just are not that simpe, because if you think about it it's impossible to make something completely over power the other. Water is the perfect example. Water tends to have some impurities, which allows it to conduct electricity. If it has no impurities it shouldn't conduct electricity. Earth would be just as complicated.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:22   Link #63
sea89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiAlpha View Post
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps Hidan is just too loud, or Kakashi could have eventually learned to cut out the start-up and use it while he's running.
Maybe Kakashi can run faster than the speed of sound.
sea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:26   Link #64
kxnaruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIavrick View Post
I believe you are getting confused about something..

Rasengan is NOT a wind-jutsu. This is the whole reason Naruto is going through this wind training; in order to apply wind to Rasengan. So it would be wrong to say that "Given that lighting is weak against Wind, Suske must have been putting more power into the Chidori than Naruto into the Rasengen..."

What about Chidori? Does it have elemental lighting Chakra ?
kxnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:29   Link #65
Yondaime-The Fourth

I heard a very good prediction of how hidan's going to die. Someone stated that they thought shikamaru was going to make hidan perform the ritual on himself (create circle, take blood, suicide). I think that is a very good prediction. in fact I hope that happens. He should do it in the same fashion as asuma died. By putting the scythe through that loud mouth hidan. then putting out the cigarette on his forehead. I must admit tho hidan's language is complete and utter awesomeness. Sounds like what Id be saying If I were immortal.
Yondaime-The Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:30   Link #66
.opi
whatever..

Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxnaruto View Post
What about Chidori? Does it have elemental lighting Chakra ?
chidori is some shape manipulation + lightning nature manipulation.......Rasengan is just a max form of shape manipulation.
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:32   Link #67
Negro_Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
I still don't buy how kakuzu escaped. Regardless of when he put his hand in the ground, once a person is bound by shikamaru's jutsu they can't move any part of their body unless shika wants them to. Simple as that. It doesn't matter if he put it there before or after shika bound him. Once kakuzu is bound, he shouldn't be able to move anything.
His hand wasn't connected to the rest of his body, i think he can control it mentally. kagemane doesn't control your mind. Gaara could still use his sand when he was under kage mane.

I think you guys need to stop being so picky about that elemental strength/weakness thing, just look at it like in pokemon.

kakuzu must have some trick up his sleeve. there's no way he could die so easily. btw everytime kakashi said that his opponent would die, something hapened and it wouldnt come true.
Negro_Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:52   Link #68
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

What do you mean his hand wasn't connected? We saw the thread? Are you saying it was completely disconnected from his body? like severed? Because unless kakuzu completely severed his hand, cutting strings as well, he shouldn't have been able to escape.

And its impossible for shika to manipulate people into performing jutsus. Even if forms the seals for them, they still have to provide the chakra. Its like saying if someone moved your hands in the right positions, bam the jutsu is peformed. it doesn't work like that. All shika can do is make them move around. He can't force them to use chakra at his will...

Oh there's so much speculation about kakashi sneaking up on hidan. we know ninja have jutsus that disguise appearances. Why is it hard to accept they can disguise sounds as well?
Old 2006-11-30, 22:33   Link #69
Yondaime-The Fourth

that is true. being able to control both movement and chakara control. that would be aon a whole different level. that is something ino might be able to do. however the disadvatages of her tech are wayyyy to great. Well all I know is there is going to be a lot of explaining next chapter. they always do this in the series. where everyone stops and has to explain everything like how this person survived this attack and how this effected that.
Old 2006-11-30, 22:39   Link #70
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
What do you mean his hand wasn't connected? We saw the thread? Are you saying it was completely disconnected from his body? like severed? ....
Yes, Check out the Manga, the Hand was completley separated from the body.
Old 2006-11-30, 22:42   Link #71
yuchan

Looks like Choji knows that hair jutsu that Jiraiya knows. Choji, like sakura, has emerged to be a VERY danderous force it seems. I wonder what Ino is gonna contribute to this fight? And Kaku, like Hidan did, seems like he's gonna disgust me with his techniques.

And regarding this element shit, it's kinda pissing me off. I mean, this stuff was obviously half assed tacked on. It already seemed like a HunterxHunter ripoff, now even more so with the " this element beat that element". It went without saying Water beats fire and stuff like that. This just makes you wonder why they didn't teach this in the academy. This stuff like i said above was obviousl tacked on so i hope there's a valid reason for this elemental stuff being a secret. I doubt it will though.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 22:46   Link #72
Yondaime-The Fourth

Yes. Most likely Kakuzu is not finished. He will probably turn around and give a swing at kakashi. Kakashi will be surprised that he isnt immobilized and then the seperated arm bursts out of the ground and strikes kakashi. Everyone is stunned. Then Ino and Chouji jump in.
Old 2006-11-30, 23:02   Link #73
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yes, Check out the Manga, the Hand was completley separated from the body.
I don't know. I'm looking and I can't really tell if the hand is separate or if it is connected underground. I'm really trying here...
Old 2006-11-30, 23:07   Link #74
Yondaime-The Fourth

Hmmm. lol. Ill take a look also I dont remeber it being seperated I just thought he was controlling it underground. Therefore, it was burrowing while they were talking and then pow pops out and breaks the jutsu.
Old 2006-11-30, 23:10   Link #75
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I don't know. I'm looking and I can't really tell if the hand is separate or if it is connected underground. I'm really trying here...
Ok
is hard to notice it...but look at page 5 in the bottom right panel,, you see that the Line of Kakuuzu hands is not conected to Kakuuzu. sorry Im not using scans to show it..but Im lazy rihgt now
Old 2006-11-30, 23:15   Link #76
gibits
Endless

hmmm sure it seems obvious that water beats fire, but what about electric fire? or gasoline fire? Water don't do shit to them.

Water is weak to earth? Tell that to the people in New Orleans.

Fire strong to wind? I swear i blew out some candles on my 7th birthday..... unless i wasn't blowing out air.....

Ok wind being strong to lightning makes sense kind of since air is a great insulator so i don't know how to poke fun at it but you get the point.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:17   Link #77
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
I'll do the scans for ya this time Rurik lol.

Quote:
What do you mean his hand wasn't connected? We saw the thread? Are you saying it was completely disconnected from his body? like severed? Because unless kakuzu completely severed his hand, cutting strings as well, he shouldn't have been able to escape.
Yes, the reason he could still move body parts is because his hand as not connected indeed, it was totally separate from his body, the threads was controlling it. He separated his hand from his body just as the first round of tag's exploded it and had it dig underground, and had it wait there to see what's next to come. The only thing I can assume is he manipulates the threads using his chakra, which is directly in the threads (kind of like the Chakra Blades) in to controlling parts of his body.

You can actually see where his hand reconnects with his body here,

Spoiler:

As for the Shikamaru using Hidan thing, Shikamaru's plan hit the shitter when Kakuzu got loose, he didn’t expect that. So he attacked Kakuzu with the closest / safest thing he had, which was Kakuzu's partner Hidan, he’s close, he’s safe (cause Kakuzu might not take a shot at him) and if Hidan gets wasted good for Team 10 + Kakashi.
Old 2006-11-30, 23:20   Link #78
Rurik
Golden

Just because I dont want people to be pulling their Hairs from their heads, page 5

EDITS: Oopsss. Otakuo beat me...BIG TIME.....

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-12-02 at 22:08.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:22   Link #79
hmongstang

Hiden can be easily kill if they want to.. check this out

Shikamaru use his shadow to hold the sucka
KaKashi cut Hiden's head off and send it to a different dimension
hmongstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:23   Link #80
^Shikamaru^

Damn already so many replies...

For what I skim through, I also think the Hidan isn't dead yet, even though it's kinda retarded since Asuma died so easily (no special moves shown). Hidan is probably going to somehow sew his body back up.

I think Shikamaru strategy lies on the small scroll/capsule he gave to Kakashi. Shikamaru knows that Hidan can't be attacked physically from the previous encounter, that's why he gave it to Kakashi to plant it on... in him but what it does will be interesting... poison, some shadow jutsu, -- tracking device???

I hate to see these two go, but a life for a life, one/both of them has to pay the price. Most likely Hidan will be dead before Naruto arrives to take out Kakuzu, but the title for the next chapter suggests it vice versa. It actually makes some sense, Kakuzu is new to the group and if Hidan can hide one of his separate hands underground, I donít see why he canít do the same for the rest of his bodyÖ

Another interesting thing is Ino could've used her body transfer jutsu...

-Shikamaru always changes the mood for the anime. It just something about his character that's fun and appealing that you can't help but root for or get enough of.
^Shikamaru^ is offline   Reply With Quote