AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-05, 12:09   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
The problem with him killing his clan to join Akatsuki is according to the timeline, he was already in Akatsuki...

I had this discussion with Rurik and was surprised that the timeline gives that away.
Yes, but to what degree? Tobi was a subordinate of Zetsu for an unknown time before he became a full-fledged Akatsuki member. There's no evidence that Itachi actually possesed a ring at the time he killed his clan.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 12:57   Link #22
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Maybe Itachi was Shusui's subordinate and killed him for the ring =].
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 13:02   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Maybe Itachi was Shusui's subordinate and killed him for the ring =].
Interesting idea.
Old 2006-12-05, 13:41   Link #24
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yes, but to what degree? Tobi was a subordinate of Zetsu for an unknown time before he became a full-fledged Akatsuki member. There's no evidence that Itachi actually possesed a ring at the time he killed his clan.
I coulda swore it said he was a member. A member wears a ring, and is not a subordinate. Rurik gots the whole timeline worked out based on manga statements. I was surprised myself. I wouldn't even try to put one together, too lazy, but im sure when he sees this he can post it.

Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 14:17   Link #25
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
I coulda swore it said he was a member. A member wears a ring, and is not a subordinate. Rurik gots the whole timeline worked out based on manga statements. I was surprised myself. I wouldn't even try to put one together, too lazy, but im sure when he sees this he can post it.
Are you talking about when he determined the age at which Itachi overpowered Orochimaru? He proved that Oro met Itachi when he was in Akatsuki and that Itachi was 11 years old at the time. That proves that Itachi was affilitated with Akatsuki at 11, but not necessarily that he was a member yet. Like Tobi, he could've served as a subordinate or lesser member for a while until he was able to go "full-time" at 13 at which point he murdered his clan and left Konoha.
Old 2006-12-05, 16:15   Link #26
ILikeSquiReLz
<>(`;)<>

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I don't really know why Itachi killed his clan although I have my own theories but one thing is for certain; it is not because of him going crazy. Itachi so far is the most calculating and reserved ninja shown in the entire series.

What I think is going to really answer the question is the ties he has with Sasuke. In particular, he was showing great concern that Sasuke wasn't giving in to the hatred; even to the extent of personally throwing away a vital Akatsuki mission to correct this. There are a few other bits and pieces with this tie as well that I am sure is going to make a comeback.
Is that an opinion or a fact?
Old 2006-12-05, 16:35   Link #27
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Are you talking about when he determined the age at which Itachi overpowered Orochimaru? He proved that Oro met Itachi when he was in Akatsuki and that Itachi was 11 years old at the time. That proves that Itachi was affilitated with Akatsuki at 11, but not necessarily that he was a member yet. Like Tobi, he could've served as a subordinate or lesser member for a while until he was able to go "full-time" at 13 at which point he murdered his clan and left Konoha.
Interesting. I was under the impression that Oro had been in akatsuki longer than itachi. That is Oro joined akatsuki roughly 1-2 years after his defection from konoha and that his defection occured before naruto's birth and before itachi's clan massacre. I say this because orochimaru believe it or not is probably about 55 years old (really close to the same age as tsunade). When he left he was in his late twenties I thought.

Anyway, if I'm am wrong thats fine. But show us a little proof to place oro joining akatsuki after itachi. Show us a little proof that itachi affiliated with akatsuki before he murdered his clan.

My impression was that the clan murder got him into akatsuki, but it wasn't done because of that. Just like kisame (i think it was kisame) didn't attempt to assinate a mizukage to join akatsuki. He joined afterwards. The mizukage thing and the clan murder thing just adds to the rep and makes them look like truly worthy members. Because there are a lot of missing nins out there (a whole bingo book of them), but only a few are worthy of akatsuki.
Old 2006-12-05, 18:25   Link #28
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Interesting. I was under the impression that Oro had been in akatsuki longer than itachi. That is Oro joined akatsuki roughly 1-2 years after his defection from konoha and that his defection occured before naruto's birth and before itachi's clan massacre. I say this because orochimaru believe it or not is probably about 55 years old (really close to the same age as tsunade). When he left he was in his late twenties I thought.

Anyway, if I'm am wrong thats fine. But show us a little proof to place oro joining akatsuki after itachi. Show us a little proof that itachi affiliated with akatsuki before he murdered his clan.

My impression was that the clan murder got him into akatsuki, but it wasn't done because of that. Just like kisame (i think it was kisame) didn't attempt to assinate a mizukage to join akatsuki. He joined afterwards. The mizukage thing and the clan murder thing just adds to the rep and makes them look like truly worthy members. Because there are a lot of missing nins out there (a whole bingo book of them), but only a few are worthy of akatsuki.
You misunderstand me. I'm not saying Oro joined Akatsuki after Itachi, I'm saying that he met Itachi while he was in Akatsuki. We don't know when Oro joined, but we know when he left: 7 years prior to the end of Part 1. Akatsuki states this. Itachi was 18 at the time, so this would've placed him at 11 at the time of Oro's defection. And Oro himself stated that he left because Itachi was stronger than him. Itachi didn't murder his clan until he was 13, because this is when he was made an ANBU captain. Rurik and Hunter provided pretty much indisputable evidence for this timeline.

So we know approximately when Itachi made contact with Akatsuki. What we don't know is if he was immediately made a full member or was a subordinate for a time like Tobi. I think the Uchiha massacre was Itachi's initation to become a full member and receive a ring.
Old 2006-12-05, 19:09   Link #29
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

So was itachi in contact with akatsuki when he was a konoha citizen? Or was in he in contact after he lost his citizen status?
Old 2006-12-05, 20:08   Link #30
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
Itachi was all emo Nah he wanted to test his power. What better way to test it than proving a theory that he could be the best Sharingan user around. And the only Sharingan user..
I'm not sure how killing women and children is "testing your power", any more than shooting the proverbial fish in a barrel is testing your aim...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 20:31   Link #31
tatami
back in black

if he really wanted to test his power why did he choose a night and killed people on sleep and only uchiha?? i mean if you really wanted to test your power go after orochimaru or try fighting hokage etc. etc.
Old 2006-12-05, 22:55   Link #32
Nuu
Teh Sauce

testing his powers could have ment anything to actual strength or his new genjutsus he had learned plus the extent of how many times he could do them, we have no proof the he phyisically laid a hand on all of his clan memebers but its possible he wiped them out with genjutsu and and that was the result.... i mean if he had to fight one or two they woulda made alot of noise and had the whole clan in an uproar in that fight and could have been a big part of the village as well... now if he used genjutsus on them he could have hid in the shadows and killed them without them knowing
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 17:11   Link #33
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Could be, but I'm kind of skeptic of Oro leaving Akatsuki for someone who did not had any strong conections wiht Akatsuki.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:46   Link #34
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Because the guy is insane!
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 10:37   Link #35
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Even Kishimoto doesnt know why.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 11:13   Link #36
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

so was itachi in affiliation with akatsuki before he left konoha or after he left konoha?
Old 2006-12-07, 11:43   Link #37
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Before he left Konoha.
Old 2006-12-07, 17:25   Link #38
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Maybe just maybe!..the reason he did it was because he's kinda crazy.You that could be the case, you never know.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 02:46   Link #39
majin_vegeta

Okay, I just rewatched the whole scene where Itachi kills everyone. I don't think he merely did it to test his container. I think he did it because he was disgusted with how week the clan had become. They lost focus of the goal to obtain power. Itachi felt like the clan was holding him back and was holding the blood line back from what it could be. He kicked three Sharingan users asses at the same time without breaking a sweat. He killed his best friend, who was older than him, without taking an injury. The guy he killed was supposed to be a master Genjutsu user. Itachi wanted power and his clan no longer held the path to power. So, I think he killed them because of disgust. The only reasons he left Sauske alive is because he has the potential to catch up to him and the third MS sharingan user out there. That isn't counting Kakashi. Also, I still think he has some feelings for his imooto.
Old 2006-12-08, 08:52   Link #40
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Yeah, I agree with majin_vegeta. It's the same reason that Sasuke severed his ties with the vilage and almost killed naruto... because he thought that the bonds he had with team 7 were making him lose focus on his true goal.. to search for power and have is revenge !