AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-20, 02:52   Link #2061
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I'm getting bad vibes just by looking at the last page of the current chapter. How it ends with Hina's thoughts and Hayate just about to ask her about Athena.

I can only see it ending in 3 different ways now.

1) Hayate asks about Athena
2) Hinagiku confesses before Hayate ends his sentence
3) They speak at the same time

I hope for the first, because it would do the least damage to Hina.
The second can be solved by postponing an answer, thus creating Ayumu #2, or surprising us with a different outcome.
The third is a plain critical hit. I can't think of a good example, but it would be horrible. Just try to imagine it.


As things are going I doubt there's going to be any sort of interruption. I just can't picture it from their location. Also, the whole restaurant is reserved for them, so they are the only ones there.

On page 6 he's thinking that he needs to make her happy for this occasion. Is he going to contradict himself by asking about Athena anyway? Maybe he's about to say something else, but if he doesn't ask then Hina will confess. He's indeed thinking only of himself now.

If Hata makes choices based on the fanbase, then he probably wont go with #3 & #2, since Hinagiku is still the most popular character, and he wouldn't dare ruin her.


We can expect the first spoiler pictures on Saturday, right? Hopefully they will be nice ones, like when they continue the conversation & the last page of the chapter.


Well I can't even make out what I wrote anymore. *sigh* ... bed time..
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 02:53   Link #2062
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
sorry but I just dont see this night ending well for Hinagiku at all
Well, true, if Hina confesses, she won't be successful - I know no Hina shipper who'd disagree here. With a bit of luck however, it will rather be Hina who helps Hayate exorcise his guilt complex. And what's a bit of a heartbreak in the long run ^_^;

The only thing I hope the author will NOT do is to resolve this in "funny" misunderstandings. I want some lasting progress here, even if it means temporary pain.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 03:24   Link #2063
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: akihabara :D
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I'm getting bad vibes just by looking at the last page of the current chapter. How it ends with Hina's thoughts and Hayate just about to ask her about Athena.
i was looking also especially at the last panel and my head is telling me "shimatta!! it's obvious something bad is going to happen in the next chapter" o well you buckle your seatbelt hina this is gonna one helluva ride -_-"
Edge Meltdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 04:06   Link #2064
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I only hope that it will not be so fatal to hina. I only see this event as if hina wouldn't or rather can't confess to hayate if he first brought the topic of a-tan. I mean wouldn't it be bad timing to confess and rather it will lead to hina helping hayate and only hurting herself (GRR HATEFULL SENSEI! ) another option is hina confesses her feelings and hayate just SHUT UP! THEIR! and find another way to deal with a-tan. I prefer if he will just shut up.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 06:58   Link #2065
IndoViking
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indonesia (hence my name)
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I only hope that it will not be so fatal to hina. I only see this event as if hina wouldn't or rather can't confess to hayate if he first brought the topic of a-tan. I mean wouldn't it be bad timing to confess and rather it will lead to hina helping hayate and only hurting herself (GRR HATEFULL SENSEI! ) another option is hina confesses her feelings and hayate just SHUT UP! THEIR! and find another way to deal with a-tan. I prefer if he will just shut up.
As painful as it is, i'd rather Hina helps Hayate about A-tan...just without Hina confessing first. If Hayate shuts up like you said, i don't think it will help the situation. Instead, it will just make Hayate more confused. Somebody has to step up and help Hayate this time, and Hina's in the perfect time to do that IMHO.
__________________
~Everyday is a Holiday~
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 07:00   Link #2066
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...In America!
Based on the ending I think Hinagiku still intends to explain her feelings. However, we don't know the way in which she will and that can make a big difference. If she tells Hayate that she likes him and would like to do more things like this with him (or some other way of taking it slow) then he will probably just agree and say that he is also having a good time. If she just says that she loves him then it might be quite a shock and his response will be interesting to say the least. Still, Hina is one of the smartest and most mature characters in HnG so I think she knows what she's doing and will take things slow in telling him her feelings.

From the other scenes I see that Ayumu is as immature as ever. Though I'm sure her fans see the arm-waving and the over-reactions as cute it's still funny when Nagi is the one telling her she's acting like a child. I am looking forward to seeing how her friendship with Nagi will play out though, possibly with Maria too if she gets a little more focus.

I'm pretty sure a Segawa end is still unlikely even if Hina were to be shot down. Though bare in mind that those terms have two potential candidates in Izumi and Kotetsu. I don't usually care for the yaoi or yuri pairings (unless they make it really obvious that they do like each other) but Kotetsu is just so awesome and hilarious to watch. He's like a gay, train-obsessed, overly-dramatic Fabio (and he's bishounen enough even though he has short hair) so I can totally see the falling to the ground and shirt-ripping-open thing and him yelling to not fall for her evil charms. That would be such a great way to end the date that I'm willing to forget about lasting character development.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 07:52   Link #2067
IndoViking
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indonesia (hence my name)
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Based on the ending I think Hinagiku still intends to explain her feelings. However, we don't know the way in which she will and that can make a big difference. If she tells Hayate that she likes him and would like to do more things like this with him (or some other way of taking it slow) then he will probably just agree and say that he is also having a good time. If she just says that she loves him then it might be quite a shock and his response will be interesting to say the least. Still, Hina is one of the smartest and most mature characters in HnG so I think she knows what she's doing and will take things slow in telling him her feelings.
I actually think the opposite. The last line in the raw was "tsutaeyou to omottanda", and from what i read this form of sentence refers to a job/something that wasn't executed for some reason. So i don't think Hina is gonna blatanly confesses to Hayate. I might be wrong and this could just be my heart telling me, not my head, so someone please correct me
__________________
~Everyday is a Holiday~
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:38   Link #2068
bebichocpha
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
I actually think the opposite. The last line in the raw was "tsutaeyou to omottanda", and from what i read this form of sentence refers to a job/something that wasn't executed for some reason. So i don't think Hina is gonna blatanly confesses to Hayate. I might be wrong and this could just be my heart telling me, not my head, so someone please correct me
My opinion is Hina and Hayate say to each other at the same time, something like
"I have some thing to ask ... " then they blushing and look different way to hide their shiness ( if it is true so chap 238 will be very "hot" ).

Still waiting for chap 238 spoiler
Looking forward to see chap 238 next week. Plz hurry up !!!
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 09:08   Link #2069
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
My opinion is Hina and Hayate say to each other at the same time, something like
"I have some thing to ask ... " then they blushing and look different way to hide their shiness ( if it is true so chap 238 will be very "hot" ).

Still waiting for chap 238 spoiler
Looking forward to see chap 238 next week. Plz hurry up !!!
Pretty damn cliche for almost any manga I ever read They depict Japanese child like shy-tard person but in fact they are....wolf in Lamb skin

I think it's better if Hina confess and then shutdown by him in the next chapter, it's will grant Hina more courage to pursue him just like Hamster (sorry I forgot her name -_-! ) as well as plot development. If it's ended just like Hate-sensei pattern by a misunderstanding or awkward situation or else then this series is beyond hope to receive development, I think


Spoiler for my victory is canceled:
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:39   Link #2070
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
T-minus... 6 days? Until Hina gets shot down!
That's impossible, she has a very thick popularity armour.
I wouldn't want her to get "shot down" either. I would like her to confess, though. Everything has been built up for this moment.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:10   Link #2071
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hamster Slapping Land
Graceful defeat for Hina? Since Hayate wouldn't want to ruin her day he can't afford to goof off.

And I don't think Hata will allow another loud noise to act as another barrier, lest he wants to drag on the story which has happened so many times now, better not do it Hata-sensei (feels weird calling him that).

I don't want interruptions, may it be from Athena, Machina, Kotetsu or anyone else. It's just too much of an easy way out for Hayate, he has to face it.

All in all, I just don't want Ayumu #2.
__________________
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:23   Link #2072
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DE, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
I actually think the opposite. The last line in the raw was "tsutaeyou to omottanda", and from what i read this form of sentence refers to a job/something that wasn't executed for some reason. So i don't think Hina is gonna blatanly confesses to Hayate. I might be wrong and this could just be my heart telling me, not my head, so someone please correct me
I can see what you mean by her not actually confessing judging just from the sentence structure, but if you also consider that she's thinking this and used that structure in her head just because she didn't actually do it yet, then it still makes it seem like she's going to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That's impossible, she has a very thick popularity armour.
I wouldn't want her to get "shot down" either. I would like her to confess, though. Everything has been built up for this moment.
I'd like to think that an author/manga artist doesn't change around their plot/story just because the fans would like something else more.

Plus Ayumu and Izumi are better than Hina so...

CRASH AND BURN, HINA! CRASH AND BUUUUUURN!

Schadenfreude at it's best, imo.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:56   Link #2073
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Well I did say that it's impossible to interrupt them now, but this is HnG we're talking about. There's always space for the unexpected, no matter how unlikely.

But it's really, really, REALLY unlikely now. Do we have enough hamster food for two?


Spoiler for Don't read me.txt:
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:20   Link #2074
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Do we have enough hamster food for two?
oh wow why did I lol....

but ouch, thats harsh XD poor Hina
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:20   Link #2075
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I'd like to think that an author/manga artist doesn't change around their plot/story just because the fans would like something else more.
You cannot blame them for doing that. They want to continue their manga, and in order to do that, they've got to please the fans up to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Spoiler for Don't read me.txt:
Win
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:38   Link #2076
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You cannot blame them for doing that. They want to continue their manga, and in order to do that, they've got to please the fans up to some extent.
Its true he has changed it a little for more Hina exposure but if you can look back at all the hints spread all throughout the manga you can realize that Hata seems to have planned every single event in this manga from the very beginning. Its really amazing sometimes how far back he has planned everything. I know some others who start with their idea and but doesnt have an ending in mind as they go on.

For example, if you notice the cover page for CHAPTER 1 of the manga, you can see Hayate, Maria, and Nagi outside in a flower garden under the full moon, and in the background you can clarly see the hill and the Royal Garden. I was pretty amazed when I saw it since the Royal Garden itself wasn't revealed until chapter 179
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:02   Link #2077
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DE, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You cannot blame them for doing that. They want to continue their manga, and in order to do that, they've got to please the fans up to some extent.
Sure I can. Everything is stacked against Hina's favor. From the getgo, it should've been clear for everyone that Hayate and Nagi were going to end up with each other, everything considered.

Hina came in and then we had the major "secondary love interest" that could end up with Hayate if this were a galge. The way I see it, the people who like Hina have already had more than enough "fan service" when it comes to Hayate & Hina's relationship since they've developed quite an interesting one, so much that it seems like Hayate being with Hina in the end seems reasonable. And this is also a parody-type series, so it wouldn't be that surprising if Hayate doesn't end up with Hina.

And yet Hayate basically dumped Ayumu, despite the fact that he has some interest in her (to the point where he possibly would've dated her if he had a normal life), still has Nagi to worry for 24/7, has some kind of emotions for Athena, doesn't have the financial stability to take care of a girlfriend, and still needs to find time to cover his own ass while other people try to steal the stone from him.

There's no reason why Hina's confession would make Hayate actually go out with her at all. Other than "the fans would like it".
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:34   Link #2078
Serffix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belgium
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
The way I see it, the people who like Hina have already had more than enough "fan service" when it comes to Hayate & Hina's relationship since they've developed quite an interesting one, so much that it seems like Hayate being with Hina in the end seems reasonable.
This is also why I don't see Hayate and A-tan ending up with each other. There was so much kissing/hugging/sleeping with each other in the end of the world arc, that it seems like their fans already got all their service in that arc. Your mileage may vary, of course ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
And this is also a parody-type series, so it wouldn't be that surprising if Hayate doesn't end up with Hina.
The fact that HnG is a parody-type series means to me that it's more likely Hayate will not end up with Nagi unlike all the other series where main male char hooks up with main female char. Some people compare this series to toradora (where the end couple is stated in the title) and call everyone who thinks Hayate won't end up with Nagi stupid. This is just plain BS. Imho, this manga seems like it could go out any direction and Hayate could end up with anyone / no one.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:00   Link #2079
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
For example, if you notice the cover page for CHAPTER 1 of the manga, you can see Hayate, Maria, and Nagi outside in a flower garden under the full moon, and in the background you can clarly see the hill and the Royal Garden. I was pretty amazed when I saw it since the Royal Garden itself wasn't revealed until chapter 179
Yes, but that can easily be explained by the fact that, originally, HnG was going to be slightly different. So, perhaps, they were going to live in the Royal Garden, or in a place that looked exactly the same (perhaps, without all the magic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Sure I can. Everything is stacked against Hina's favor. From the getgo, it should've been clear for everyone that Hayate and Nagi were going to end up with each other, everything considered.
Not really, if you take into account the type of development Hayate's and Nagi's relationship has had. Nothing says he cannot go out with Hina, while remaining Nagi's butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Hina came in and then we had the major "secondary love interest" that could end up with Hayate if this were a galge. The way I see it, the people who like Hina have already had more than enough "fan service" when it comes to Hayate & Hina's relationship since they've developed quite an interesting one, so much that it seems like Hayate being with Hina in the end seems reasonable. And this is also a parody-type series, so it wouldn't be that surprising if Hayate doesn't end up with Hina.
I don't see the problem here. You say Hayate and Hina have had good character development, but you also say it'll be rendered meaningless because the main character is supposed to end up with the main heroine. However, as I've already pointed out, you seem to be overlooking the type of relationship those 2 main characters have been developing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
And yet Hayate basically dumped Ayumu, despite the fact that he has some interest in her (to the point where he possibly would've dated her if he had a normal life), still has Nagi to worry for 24/7, has some kind of emotions for Athena, doesn't have the financial stability to take care of a girlfriend, and still needs to find time to cover his own ass while other people try to steal the stone from him.
Hayate rejecting Ayumu at the beginning was nothing odd. It was the beginning of the series; he simply could not go out with her. In addition, he had just started working as a butler, and he barely had any idea what he wanted to do. He also hadn't realised how much he cared for Ayumu until much later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
There's no reason why Hina's confession would make Hayate actually go out with her at all. Other than "the fans would like it".
Obviously, but my point is he won't turn her down (which doesn't mean he will go out with her). 40%+ of the fandom is with her.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:26   Link #2080
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DE, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Not really, if you take into account the type of development Hayate's and Nagi's relationship has had. Nothing says he cannot go out with Hina, while remaining Nagi's butler.
So where exactly is Hayate going to find the time to do whatever he wants with Hina while still remaining Nagi's butler? And what is he going to do when she inevitably gets kidnapped when he's out with Hina? Knowing that he couldn't protect Nagi because he was dating someone would kill him. She was already kidnapped once when Hayate was messing around with his non-butler work (when Kotetsu 'napped her during Hinamatsuri) and was in grave peril when she got lost going to Shimoda Springs (so much that he had to rely on someone else to save her).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't see the problem here. You say Hayate and Hina have had good character development, but you also say it'll be rendered meaningless because the main character is supposed to end up with the main heroine. However, as I've already pointed out, you seem to be overlooking the type of relationship those 2 main characters have been developing.
You're also going under the assumption that Hayate has to end up in a romantic relationship when this series ends. He could very well "end" the series together with Nagi, but as a butler-mistress duo, not as a pair of lovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hayate rejecting Ayumu at the beginning was nothing odd. It was the beginning of the series; he simply could not go out with her. In addition, he had just started working as a butler, and he barely had any idea what he wanted to do. He also hadn't realised how much he cared for Ayumu until much later.
When asked why Hayate didn't go out with Ayumu (or with any girl, for that matter);

"Well, because I don't have the money to support a girl".

He also admits to being happy when he heard Ayumu's confession. This was not a much later thing; the latest he realized that he liked Ayumu was the second time she confessed (whether or not Hayate was talking about the first or second time around wasn't clarified).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Obviously, but my point is he won't turn her down (which doesn't mean he will go out with her). 40%+ of the fandom is with her.
I think he will, as he should. Fanbase or not.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.