AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-06, 07:28   Link #2461
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Otakus: He's such a hero! Now I don't have to burn my entire collection for no reason. *hugs Hina pillow*

........







.................................................. ....... that... somehow pisses me off
Actually, people in the forum were either criticizing Hata or saying how stupid it was to rip them off. One person said it's better to send the books to furnace so that they can be used as fuels. Another person said 'Maria-san is crying'. Somebody rejoiced, because he hated Hina, but he said he cannot forgive Hata for erasing flag for Maria. Someone said he doesn't care as long as he has Isumi.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 07:36   Link #2462
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
This is exactly the kind of childish reaction which is giving otakudom such a bad name in Japan. If mangakas had to try to please everybody, they couldn't do ANYTHING with their shows anymore, which can't be the big idea.

If Hayate is going to have a conclusion, Hata _will_ have to disappoint many readers, possibly even a majority of readers. There's no way around it. What's the alternative? Inconclusive ending, the hated bane of the same readers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No, the real issue right now is something else: If this were supposed to be the "big decision" (I'm certain it isn't), then it was presented to the many readers in a particularly vexing way. Hata is intentionally riling up the Hina faction (by delivering it in a way that both inflicts max damage to Hina and which even makes her look real poor), and the other non-Athena factions also have no reason to be happy. If this were supposed to be the ending, it would have been prepared and presented in an incredibly inept way.

So, I've resigned myself to the fact that Hata wants us to suffer a bit now. Fine. There will be better days afterwards. But hell if I start tearing up my HnG goods. He'll have to do worse before I consider that. The worst "punishment" I can think of in my past would be a vow never to purchase goods related to an author anymore (Kobayashi Jin / School Rumble, because he has mocked me enough).
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 07:52   Link #2463
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
Is it really necessary to get this upset (referring to book ripping)? People should acknowledge what the author writes and draws. If it weren't for Hata, we wouldn't even be here discussing over new chapters and plus, it's his story. If he follows what the fans want, that wouldn't his story anymore, it'll be the fans.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 08:04   Link #2464
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Actually, people in the forum were either criticizing Hata or saying how stupid it was to rip them off. One person said it's better to send the books to furnace so that they can be used as fuels. Another person said 'Maria-san is crying'. Somebody rejoiced, because he hated Hina, but he said he cannot forgive Hata for erasing flag for Maria. Someone said he doesn't care as long as he has Isumi.
I'm really jealous of your knowledge of Japanese. I wish I could just like, BAM!, and know it suddenly. Hehe.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This is exactly the kind of childish reaction which is giving otakudom such a bad name in Japan. If mangakas had to try to please everybody, they couldn't do ANYTHING with their shows anymore, which can't be the big idea.

If Hayate is going to have a conclusion, Hata _will_ have to disappoint many readers, possibly even a majority of readers. There's no way around it. What's the alternative? Inconclusive ending, the hated bane of the same readers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Ten points! Completely true, and it's fine like that. People are getting TOO attached to characters, instead of the entire story.

It's like they suddenly fall in love with a character, and then they just want to see that particular character / pairing ending, regardless of what the story might be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No, the real issue right now is something else: If this were supposed to be the "big decision" (I'm certain it isn't), then it was presented to the many readers in a particularly vexing way. Hata is intentionally riling up the Hina faction (by delivering it in a way that both inflicts max damage to Hina and which even makes her look real poor), and the other non-Athena factions also have no reason to be happy. If this were supposed to be the ending, it would have been prepared and presented in an incredibly inept way.
What exactly would he gain by doing such a thing? That's actually a bad thing for sales, and everything. I think the sales of any particular franchise prosper when it's packed full of the thing that makes it awesome in the first place. HnG prospers mostly because of the characters and the misunderstandings they get into. Some other manga might prosper because of a killer story. You don't care much about the cast, but are more interested in a secret, how things will unfold, etc... (drama, suspense, you name it..)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So, I've resigned myself to the fact that Hata wants us to suffer a bit now. Fine. There will be better days afterwards. But hell if I start tearing up my HnG goods. He'll have to do worse before I consider that. The worst "punishment" I can think of in my past would be a vow never to purchase goods related to an author anymore (Kobayashi Jin / School Rumble, because he has mocked me enough).

Why would you even consider that? I don't understand that part. What good is there in destroying your own possessions just to quell some temporary frustration. You need more calcium to prevent a rage outbreak, and stop yourself from doing something you may regret later on.


Well, I dunno.. I'm pretty much carefree all of the time ^_^
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 08:39   Link #2465
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Is it really necessary to get this upset (referring to book ripping)? People should acknowledge what the author writes and draws. If it weren't for Hata, we wouldn't even be here discussing over new chapters and plus, it's his story. If he follows what the fans want, that wouldn't his story anymore, it'll be the fans.
Funnily enough, Hata is pretty sensitive of his fan's opinions, more than other mangakas. In fact, one mangaka criticized him for it. But yes, I agree with you there. Saying opinions about how you're disappointed at the story is fine, but bashing the author is ridiculous... if you are a fan and used to like the series.

And I wonder why people are taking this book-ripping thing so seriously? I took it as a joke(since these kind of things happened often). I actually laughed when I heard this news. Somehow, I was reminded of that famous 'angry German kid'.

It seems that this is not the first time someone got angry at a storyline and ripped book off. People said that the same thing happened with Kannagi (I didn't read it, so I don't know very well about this) and Conan (gave up reading after 55th volume, so I don't know).
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 09:10   Link #2466
NightFoxXIII
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
It's silly that they're raging over a little drama introduced into the series. It was light-hearted yes, but variety is also nice to throw in otherwise it'll end like TLR. (horrible way to end. either way nothing really good happened all that much)

It's really weird though, because of these silly antics of otaku outrage, they can actually be a deciding factor whether or not a series will finish or not (like Kannagi. It was a very good story until past drama was introduced and they said she's not 'pure' anymore. Which doesn't even relate to her past). So unfortunately no matter how good a story is, if there's not enough good fanservice to please otakus (especially the stupid ones), the series will lose favour and get canceled.


Really hoping all of this can get resolved quickly before more outrage breaks. I don't wanna see Hata fail because of childish rants and fits of people who may not see the bigger picture
NightFoxXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 09:45   Link #2467
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Why would you even consider that? I don't understand that part. What good is there in destroying your own possessions just to quell some temporary frustration. You need more calcium to prevent a rage outbreak, and stop yourself from doing something you may regret later on.
Well, a volume of manga only costs like $4 in Japan, minus any discounts you might be able to get. Sounds like a relatively cheap way to vent frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
It seems that this is not the first time someone got angry at a storyline and ripped book off. People said that the same thing happened with Kannagi (I didn't read it, so I don't know very well about this) and Conan (gave up reading after 55th volume, so I don't know).
I deal with Conan quite often and haven't heard anything about this. Wouldn't surprise me if it just happened this week, since the previous case built up a huge Black Organization plot, and then just suddenly ended it and moved on to a Police love story.

This is still less aggressive than "Endless Eight", though. They were smashing figures and such then, and those definitely aren't cheap.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 09:47   Link #2468
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
i lold, I enjoy seeing this type of butthurt otakus
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:05   Link #2469
cheongzewei
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
those bloody basterds character lovers.

Let the author write his awesome story alright?
He has a plan, his story looks awesome and promises to be awesome.

I've never forgive otaku-tards if you destroy the awesome story because of character-love/hate.

If you truely love the character so much, go write a fan fiction from chapter one of the manga till then.
cheongzewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:09   Link #2470
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sanzenin Household and I love every day here XD
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
hehe i totally agree altho where all otakus as well jus not as mad as those otakus in japan no offense to any1 here in that lives japan but yer

any1 think that if hata-sensei carries on with hayate and hinas relationship changing throughout the next chapters that hes either gonna gain less or more popularity on the next few chapters

its crunch time 4 him got to make a way every1 can be happy
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:09   Link #2471
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I deal with Conan quite often and haven't heard anything about this. Wouldn't surprise me if it just happened this week, since the previous case built up a huge Black Organization plot, and then just suddenly ended it and moved on to a Police love story.

This is still less aggressive than "Endless Eight", though. They were smashing figures and such then, and those definitely aren't cheap.
Well, the guy said 'Now I understand the guy who ripped Conan' *shrugs*


You can go here to check: http://yutori7.2ch.net/test/read.cgi...ip/1252207435/


Spoiler for The post in question:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-09-06 at 10:24.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:14   Link #2472
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, a volume of manga only costs like $4 in Japan, minus any discounts you might be able to get. Sounds like a relatively cheap way to vent frustration.

Why not vent it in such a way not to harm anything in the process?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I deal with Conan quite often and haven't heard anything about this. Wouldn't surprise me if it just happened this week, since the previous case built up a huge Black Organization plot, and then just suddenly ended it and moved on to a Police love story.
Conan will never end. Well if it does, it wont be anytime soon. There are way too many murders. Those children have been scarred for life. So much that they treat corpses like everyday stuff. Lol...

Well, the murder mysteries are interesting, and when there's a BO arc it can really build up suspense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This is still less aggressive than "Endless Eight", though. They were smashing figures and such then, and those definitely aren't cheap.
Yeah, you know that Guts figurine (Berserk) is like 1000$.

Why would you even want a figurine? I don't get it...


Oh, well, everyone has their hobbies...
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:19   Link #2473
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sanzenin Household and I love every day here XD
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
hey is it jus me or does otha ppl think that hina is gonna shout at hayate or lecture him about his love life or something i dont no jus thought bout it
__________________
I Love this scene cryyyy so beautiful needs lovely music to make it even more beautiful cryyy

Last edited by LLHayate-Kun; 2009-09-06 at 10:34.
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:39   Link #2474
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Why not vent it in such a way not to harm anything in the process?




Conan will never end. Well if it does, it wont be anytime soon. There are way too many murders. Those children have been scarred for life. So much that they treat corpses like everyday stuff. Lol...

Well, the murder mysteries are interesting, and when there's a BO arc it can really build up suspense.



Yeah, you know that Guts figurine (Berserk) is like 1000$.

Why would you even want a figurine? I don't get it...


Oh, well, everyone has their hobbies...
Spoiler for But they look so cute:


Sorry for posting images not related to Hayate... still. Back on the topic, I'm still holding onto my theory that Athena rejects Hayate and he gets disappointed and Maria comforts him... even if that sounds like a fanfic to some people.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:41   Link #2475
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sanzenin Household and I love every day here XD
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
wow u no that might jus happen who knows and cute figurines loving the nagato bear 1 kawaiiiiii XD XD
and even more of a twist maria meets a-tan and maria regains some memories of her childhood O.O
__________________
I Love this scene cryyyy so beautiful needs lovely music to make it even more beautiful cryyy
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:51   Link #2476
Serffix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belgium
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Sorry for posting images not related to Hayate... still. Back on the topic, I'm still holding onto my theory that Athena rejects Hayate and he gets disappointed and Maria comforts him... even if that sounds like a fanfic to some people.
My only wish for the upcoming chapters is that he gets turned down horribly by Athena (and Ayumu comforting a tiery-eyed broken down Hina )

The possibility is very real that it'll be Maria who comforts him afterwards since she hasn't been in the spotlight for soooo long. But it also depends on who will get to learn about Hayate's past and who doesn't so we'll see.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 11:08   Link #2477
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
So cute I wanna melt them... hehe... hehehhehehe.. .HAHaHAHahHAHAHhaHa... errr haha..

Anyway... umm...

heheh... err


*ahem*

If the spoilers are true, and Athena told Machina to let Hayate in, I don't think she'll turn him down from what we saw. Or I might be horribly mistaken. She might want to see him to take his stone ASAP, and just go far away from him so she doesn't get hurt anymore (just by thinking of him...). Well, they might reconcile, and she invites him on a date. Hayate is in ultra high spirits after he goes back home, and Nagi is happy to see that. On the other hand Hina...

Well, they go on a date the next day, where Athena specified. But it's all a trap, and she steals, or at least attempts to steal the gem from him (even though it really pains her by doing so).

Could work that way...
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 11:25   Link #2478
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
So cute I wanna melt them... hehe... hehehhehehe.. .HAHaHAHahHAHAHhaHa... errr haha..

Anyway... umm...

heheh... err


*ahem*
You'll be shocked to hear that those nendroids, cost about 3000 yen each, yet many of them are out of stock.

Quote:
If the spoilers are true, and Athena told Machina to let Hayate in, I don't think she'll turn him down from what we saw. Or I might be horribly mistaken. She might want to see him to take his stone ASAP, and just go far away from him so she doesn't get hurt anymore (just by thinking of him...). Well, they might reconcile, and she invites him on a date. Hayate is in ultra high spirits after he goes back home, and Nagi is happy to see that. On the other hand Hina...

Well, they go on a date the next day, where Athena specified. But it's all a trap, and she steals, or at least attempts to steal the gem from him (even though it really pains her by doing so).

Could work that way...
Haven't thought about that. It might work out that way. Hayate goes in, Athena tries to steal the stone, Athena says heartless things to Hayate, Hayate escapes narrowly, comes back home all gloomy.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 11:37   Link #2479
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
You'll be shocked to hear that those nendroids, cost about 3000 yen each, yet many of them are out of stock.
They're that popular, eh? I can understand the temptation of wanting to own them. I relate it to something similar like owning a cat. It's damn cute, and you just wanna snuggle with it, but you need to take care of it..

Certainly it's not the same with figurines, but some people buy loads of them to decorate their rooms. Saw pictures of tens, if not hundreds all around a room. Just.. umm.. what would be the right word here... Hmmm.. what exactly ah.. I can't express myself x_x blockage.

Um, what would you do with that many of them.. and.. nah it's not working. I can't put it into words. Heh..


Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Haven't thought about that. It might work out that way. Hayate goes in, Athena tries to steal the stone, Athena says heartless things to Hayate, Hayate escapes narrowly, comes back home all gloomy.
And then he spills the beans to Nagi about his Athena relationship. Or, if the gem was stolen... uuuu..... that would be really cool. Hayate apologizing to Nagi how he's a failure as her butler, and how he can't go against Athena to get it back, because he still loves her. THE SHOCK Nagi would receive from this!
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 11:45   Link #2480
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Well, the guy said 'Now I understand the guy who ripped Conan' *shrugs*


You can go here to check: http://yutori7.2ch.net/test/read.cgi...ip/1252207435/
Spoiler for The post in question:
Ah, interesting. Yeah, it's probably because of this past case ending so abruptly and moving on to a Police Love Story case without even having any mention of the BO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Um, what would you do with that many of them.. and.. nah it's not working. I can't put it into words. Heh..
Same thing people do with posters, sports memorabilia, etc. You display them and use them to make things look more lively.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.