AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-24, 21:44   Link #3961
Himegami Akane

In the next issue of Hayate no Gotoku : Lord Rah Vs Zodanhko

Well...why are you both still discuting about this??

Athena couldn't find him, or she found him but don't wanted to let him see her...since she knows where he was...

Athena isn't a retard, but i can't say she isn't a little weak emotionally...

Athena is very intelligent, rich, powerful (??), and with all that and beign Hakuou's Board Chairman, she could easly find Hayate, but there's the possibility that something happened (not-so-important to us know) that made her didn't find him...

Just forget about the WHY of everything that Hata does... obviously there will be things that we won't know why happened...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:44   Link #3962
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
No, you are "clueless." I NEVER stated that "mangas are illogical" (Please, at least understand that). I said that "illogical phenomenons" can apply to the world of manga and be logical.

Please, do not take words out of my mouth if you still do not understand.

Yes, you are very wrong in calling her a retard if you do not even know her circumstances, and what happened during those 10 years of her life. Moreover, you do realized that she is "most likely the greatest student to ever enter Hakou", right?

If Athena is really a retard, I dare to say that EVERYONE in HnG is equal to or below the level of retards. And you and I are unquestionably even lower than insects compare to their "retarded" minds in term of intelligence.

Edit: No more serious insults toward Athena.

Eh? Well, I didn't bother checking what you stated and such. I guess it's a habit of mine to make words prettier, or in my favor.

And no. No imaginary character is better than any real human being, unless of course you compare them in their world with us in ours. Otherwise, just as something made up it's not better. Doesn't even exist...

Can be said in many different ways what such character achieved, but that's just made up shit by the author.

Don't lower yourself to something imaginary dude...

-

A hand of applause too frivolity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Rah suggested that she did not really search for him. I don't think that's the case, but I have no way of disproving the claim since Hata has not given any explanation thus far. Rah also gave the other possibility that Athena is retarded. I don't think that's true either, but if Hata just leaves this matter up in the air without explaining, then we'll never know.
Oh God, why am I laughing? No really, I can't stop.

Rah gave the possibility that she's retarded, and you're going to take it as an argument point?

*ahem*

Okay, I'll call Hata retarded then, since some people would prefer it that way, even though, by doing so I'm indirectly insulting that character. Lol...

But nobody cares if it's Hata, and if it's indirect, right?

Edit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami Akane View Post
In the next issue of Hayate no Gotoku : Lord Rah Vs Zodanhko

Well...why are you both still discuting about this??

Athena couldn't find him, or she found him but don't wanted to let him see her...since she knows where he was...

Athena isn't a retard, but i can't say she isn't a little weak emotionally...

Athena is very intelligent, rich, powerful (??), and with all that and beign Hakuou's Board Chairman, she could easly find Hayate, but there's the possibility that something happened (not-so-important to us know) that made her didn't find him...

Just forget about the WHY of everything that Hata does... obviously there will be things that we won't know why happened...

Oh, my...

I attained the title of "Lordship". I'm honored...

Oh, oh! What do I get? What do I get? <3
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:53   Link #3963
Koroshiya_Kame_13

What I want now is the current arc be resolved and not left with any cliffhangars and move on to an arc involving Maria. BTW, is Klaus and Nagi's mum's backstory out yet? I want to read it.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:54   Link #3964
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
A hand of applause too frivolity!

Oh God, why am I laughing? No really, I can't stop.

Rah gave the possibility that she's retarded, and you're going to take it as an argument point?

*ahem*

Okay, I'll call Hata retarded then, since some people would prefer it that way, even though, by doing so I'm indirectly insulting that character. Lol...

But nobody cares if it's Hata, and if it's indirect, right?
Lol no, I knew you made that side comment in jest, so I was actually using it to SUPPORT your argument that Hata should explain why Athena couldn't find Hayate, because if he doesn't, then anything goes really.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:56   Link #3965
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Well, I do agree with Rah that Athena not able to find Hayate was unthinkable with all her resources and characteristics; it is irrational/illogical from realistic perspective and out of her characters. Maybe, Rah and me have too much confidence in Athena's ability in dealing with the real world and with her massive amount of money, we thought that she can do anything. That it seems illogical that she couldn't find a person...

Since Athena stated that she tried to find Hayate but couldn't, there must be some reasons that give her difficulty. I agree. Or it may just be a plot-device plan by Hata. I would like to see the reasons he may/may not give us.

Rah, you should just directly insult Hata from the beginning, and this debate will never happened in the first place.

@fivolity
"If we were to go by this argument, perhaps I could presume that Athena being the greatest student to enter Hakou was an "illogical phenomenon"?"

Why is that?

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-24 at 22:28.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:56   Link #3966
Xellos-_^
Not Enough sleep Papa

Quote:

A F/S Night reference? It's a parody manga...

Perhaps he was an old hero, that did many good deeds, but fell to corruption, or was somehow influenced to do some bad things. We don't have enough info.
midas = Gil?

it does explain the golden armor
Old 2009-10-24, 22:24   Link #3967
Himegami Akane

Ok, so let's everyone just insult Hata and stop this senseless discussion about Athena's beign don't able of finding Hayate/power/whatsoever...

When the RAW comes out?
Old 2009-10-24, 23:31   Link #3968
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Lol no, I knew you made that side comment in jest, so I was actually using it to SUPPORT your argument that Hata should explain why Athena couldn't find Hayate, because if he doesn't, then anything goes really.
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Well, I do agree with Rah that Athena not able to find Hayate was unthinkable with all her resources and characteristics; it is irrational/illogical from realistic perspective and out of her characters. Maybe, Rah and me have too much confidence in Athena's ability in dealing with the real world and with her massive amount of money, we thought that she can do anything. That it seems illogical that she couldn't find a person...

Since Athena stated that she tried to find Hayate but couldn't, there must be some reasons that give her difficulty. I agree. Or it may just be a plot-device plan by Hata. I would like to see the reasons he may/may not give us.

Rah, you should just directly insult Hata from the beginning, and this debate will never happened in the first place.

@fivolity
"If we were to go by this argument, perhaps I could presume that Athena being the greatest student to enter Hakou was an "illogical phenomenon"?"

Why is that?
But it was a fun argument. At least I was enjoying it~

Oh, and I agree with your post, which is... uncommon. Lol.

With everything that we've mentioned it's impossible that she didn't find him. What's Hata thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
midas = Gil?

it does explain the golden armor

GIRUGAMESH!!

Lol, I couldn't refrain myself from posting that. xD

Golden armor? Yeah, that's typical of Gilgamesh, but you're thinking of someone with it in HnG. I've got really crappy memory, so could someone refresh it, please? Does Midas have golden armor, or is otherwise colored golden? I'm clueless....

Plus, Athena is shooting swords out of nowhere. Another Gil trait? Is Hayata gonna turn into a male Saber? Since Athena is playing the role of Gil...

Damn, that makes sense! Hata, you slick bastard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami Akane View Post
Ok, so let's everyone just insult Hata and stop this senseless discussion about Athena's beign don't able of finding Hayate/power/whatsoever...

When the RAW comes out?
Uuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

Wednesday.

That's in 4 days.

Old 2009-10-24, 23:52   Link #3969
Himegami Akane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
Uuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

Wednesday.

That's in 4 days.
4 days...well...i think i can last long enough to see it...probably i would be dead until tuesday....

Don't worry...i tell you guys if i could survive until there...if i die then i probably won't post anything wednesday...
Old 2009-10-25, 00:04   Link #3970
Rah

But you already know what happens. This means that you need to wait 5-6 days for the new spoilers, because this chapter doesn't count.

It continues from Athena & Isumi's fight, and ends with a cliffhanger (basically Isumi used a powerful attack that didn't work on her, and Athena (Midas) mocks her that she hasn't faced someone as powerful as her before...

And that's that. (unless I messed up somewhere when typing that... I'm too lazy to check Koroshiya_Kame_13's translation, a few pages back xD)

The chapter after this week might have a turning point, or conclusion. You should be excited / expecting it instead of this week's raw.

Mhmm... well, it's bed time.

Nighty night HnG Raw community & guests~
Old 2009-10-25, 07:00   Link #3971
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Hey guys, I just thought of something else to add (obviously)!

Maybe Midas' daughter isn't Athena, Maria or anyone in the story at all. The Greek Mythology he had a daughter and his touch of gold caused her to become a gold statue. It was the price he paid for his greed, maybe now he needs the Royal Garden to undo that and get his daughter back. Possibly he is using Athena as a vessel to achieve this, and likely is still a dick and hasn't actually learned his lesson yet so it will be doomed to failure. Wow, I think that would make Midas the only sympathetic villain in HnG (assuming you can forgive him for what he's doing to Athena).

Ah the plot holes, so much fun to talk about and such a laugh in retrospect. I admit that my suspension of disbelief was broken as well, but it happens a lot like that in comics as well. Sure, Superman and Lex Luthor knew each other as teenagers and later became enemies. Oh wait, now they didn't meet until Clark Kent moved to Metropolis and they started out as enemies. Happens all the time when an author adds to the back story since it's so hard not to make SOMEthing contradict somewhere, oh well.

As for the Fate/Stay Night references (possible)...I'm so happy, we're finally going back to parodies. It gives me hope for the future that HnG may one day make me laugh again.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:33   Link #3972
Himegami Akane

WTF??

I agree with you that Maria can't be Midas's daughter, or maybe Hata does something and make her his daughter for some unknown reason...the same goes for Athena...

As i could see in the EotW arc there wasn't any golden statue...

No Fate/Stay Night references... it's a long way to HnG become like something on Fate...i hope this doesn't happen...

Also Rah,

I can't say i'm not expecting the next Chapter, but i just want some fun... this arc doesn't seem to solve anything much...
Old 2009-10-25, 11:01   Link #3973
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Well, this arc give about 100x information compare to the last 200 chapters which speak nothing about the mystery but revolved around comedy and character development. It even has Hayate, the male protagonist of a harem, confessed his feelings...

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-25 at 11:11.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 14:02   Link #3974
Himegami Akane

Yea, that could be true... but it doesn't just explain things... it also cause more questions too... we can't say it's just for explain things, but compared to the others 200 chapters for sure it explains much more...
Old 2009-10-25, 15:11   Link #3975
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

u guys still fighting?... anyway next chapter raw should come soon right?
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 17:18   Link #3976
Himegami Akane

According to what i have asked too much and to what the others answered me it should come wednesday...
Old 2009-10-25, 18:56   Link #3977
Xellos-_^
Not Enough sleep Papa

Quote:

Golden armor? Yeah, that's typical of Gilgamesh, but you're thinking of someone with it in HnG. I've got really crappy memory, so could someone refresh it, please? Does Midas have golden armor, or is otherwise colored golden? I'm clueless....
Midas - Golden Touch, anything he touch turns to gold.

No one in HnG has a golden armor that we know of. But Hayate might still get a golden armor

Spoiler:

Quote:
Plus, Athena is shooting swords out of nowhere. Another Gil trait?.
Actually it reminded me more of Ciel-san and her Black Keys. so it was more of a Melty Blood reference.
Old 2009-10-25, 19:10   Link #3978
arand017

Quote:

No one in HnG has a golden armor that we know of. But Hayate might still get a golden armor

Spoiler:

Actually it reminded me more of Ciel-san and her Black Keys. so it was more of a Melty Blood reference.
oh well.... it's still a type moon reference xD, and didn't hata said a few months ago that the story has shifted to the hollow part those who get the reference.... it's from the sequel from fate/stay night fate/hollow ataraxia, and let's not forget that melty blood is a spin off fighting game of tsukihime

...And Holy S8it is that a real life size Sagittarius gold cloth?
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 19:51   Link #3979
Himegami Akane

Quote:

Spoiler:

No, there is one golden armor on HnG... just watch the episode 39 - 40 of season 1 and you will see one... Himegami took it and disappeared...
Old 2009-10-25, 20:00   Link #3980
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

and we all know how canon those episodes were
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen