AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 10:04   Link #401
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Athenaīs most likely a vampire, though i donīt understand why many people donīt have their suspicions about this, THERE IS A FRIGGIN COFFIN IN THE BASEMENT LOL
Oh it's been speculated before. Heck, I would not be surprised if Athena was related to Nagi (Both have blond hair and the Maria connection)...

...or a even wilder speculation would be Athena = Nagi, but with no memories and her hair re-done, minus the mysterious eyes. (Ok, not likely lol)

I just hope that when they fast forward back to the present, Hayate actually remembers all or some of his experiences at the castle in greater detail.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 10:11   Link #402
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Immortal? Most likely. But Vampire? She's neither afraid of sunlight nor require blood, two of the most defining characteristics of any vampire.

Ever thought that maybe the coffin actually belongs to someone else and is currently in use?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 11:24   Link #403
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
...or a even wilder speculation would be Athena = Nagi, but with no memories and her hair re-done, minus the mysterious eyes. (Ok, not likely lol)
That's almost impossible; for starters, their eye colour is different, and Athena (in the present) either is Hayate's age, or is in her 80s. We've also seen Nagi's past as well, and there's people like Sakuya, Isumi, Maria, Klaus, Tama, Mikado, Wataru and Saki who have known her from a long time. Athena, on the other hand, seems to have had lived a lonely life (for quite some time) before she and Hayate met.

On the other hand, if I remember correctly, we do not know anything about Maria's real family since she was found when she was really young, no? Perhaps, Maria is related to Athena.
Old 2008-07-30, 04:47   Link #404
Chaos2Frozen

Could be, don't forget, Maria is also quite the supergirl.
Old 2008-07-30, 06:22   Link #405
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Immortal? Most likely. But Vampire? She's neither afraid of sunlight nor require blood, two of the most defining characteristics of any vampire.

Ever thought that maybe the coffin actually belongs to someone else and is currently in use?
superstition MAX
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 06:23   Link #406
Chaos2Frozen

Erm... What's that suppose to mean?
Old 2008-07-30, 06:24   Link #407
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

every story has itīs own view of Vampires

Karin
R+V

and quite a few thousand more

that reminds me u2, relation with the sanzennin household and a mb in use coffin? Wouldnīt wonder if Klaus came out of it xD
Old 2008-07-30, 08:15   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
every story has itīs own view of Vampires

Karin
R+V

and quite a few thousand more
True, the sunlight factor is optional. But point out one series that have vampires that don't drink blood.
Old 2008-07-30, 08:26   Link #409
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
True, the sunlight factor is optional. But point out one series that have vampires that don't drink blood.
the question is how much they need, and how big the intervals between those feeds may be :O
Old 2008-07-30, 09:10   Link #410
Used Can

We've also seen her ask Hayate to prepare her breakfast (she wouldn't need to eat, if she was a vampire), and we also haven't seen especially large fangs from her. Additionally, it is highly suggested she cannot leave Royal Garden and she's the only person living there (along with Hayate, currently).

I think chances for her to be a vampire are really low to nil. She's clearly not your regular girl, but I think she's human.
Old 2008-07-30, 10:32   Link #411
Pracharat

She might be a goddess in-exile or keeper of the coffin.
Pracharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:54   Link #412
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
We've also seen her ask Hayate to prepare her breakfast (she wouldn't need to eat, if she was a vampire), and we also haven't seen especially large fangs from her. Additionally, it is highly suggested she cannot leave Royal Garden and she's the only person living there (along with Hayate, currently).

I think chances for her to be a vampire are really low to nil. She's clearly not your regular girl, but I think she's human.
If she was human, then by now, since time passes by a lot faster inside the castle, she would be hayate's mom's age... Can someone good with Math do calculations as to how old Athena would be now using the time difference? Assuming she is Hayate's age.. 10?
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:07   Link #413
Used Can

Assuming she was 10 when she met Hayate, she'd be 82 in the present (i.e. 6 years later). All the same, that's assuming you age normally in Royal Garden (which I'd rather doubt, because it'd be far too sad if now she's an old woman who has lived 72 years alone).
Old 2008-07-30, 21:16   Link #414
Chaos2Frozen

The opposite could hold true too. If you don't age at all in the royal garden, she would still be the same as when she was in the past.

Now that would REALLY be awkward.

Of course, this is all the optimistic assumption that she's still alive. In case that, I'm going throw it out on the table and say that 6 years later, she would grow up to be a beautiful teenage girl. After that... Hoho...!

... But I don't think so, the other girls won't stand a chance if that happens (except maybe Maria... Nah, scratch that.), So I'm retreating back to my sunken, dark corner to make circles.
Old 2008-07-30, 22:16   Link #415
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Athena is Nagi's mom
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 23:14   Link #416
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Athena is Nagi's mom
But then who would be the daddy?
Old 2008-07-30, 23:18   Link #417
anselfir
Style Über Alles

hayate of course.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 00:49   Link #418
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Athena is Nagi's mom
That'd be hilarious, but we already know Nagi's mother. Her name was Yukariko.

Anyway:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Used Can; 2008-07-31 at 13:11.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 00:54   Link #419
anselfir
Style Über Alles

ah damn. then the only route to a unified theory lies in the following set of daring but immensely reasonable conjectures:

athena is nagi's grandmother
hayate is nagi's brother
maria is athena's older sister and the real object of hayate's romantic flare
hina route is officially open pending confirmation of non-siblinghood

although the above theory buckles conventional views of time and space, we may take comfort in the fact that this is what we all wish to see from the depth of our naughty hearts.
Old 2008-07-31, 03:29   Link #420
9taileddemon

I am very confused by the above post but oh well.

Anyways. I have a guess on the way that the Royal Garden works. I bet that it works so the person's body ages like it would outside the Royal Garden, but they actually experience a slower moving time.

So in easier to understand terms: If five days passed in the real world. The people in the royal garden would age like the way they would in a regular 5 days time. But they actually experience two months.

So you would be able to prolong your life a ton by staying in there.

So if that is true... If we say that Athena is 10 years old. Then she has actually lived for 120 years!!!!! No wonder she is lonely!

Actually, after thinking about it I kind of hope that it is not like that. Because if it is... that sucks. Boring!
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen