AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-16, 19:05   Link #4701
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
And as for Hina being filler...remember Jeremiah Gottwald (Orange-kun from Code Geass). He was supposed to die after his first appearance and he was so popular they kept him alive AND made him a plot critical character.
for 2 episodes
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:27   Link #4702
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
but him betraying Nagi now would make him more than a bit of a bastard, like when he was only thinking about the money during the marathon race (and we all know how that ended).
Are you aware that if hayate choose money over a life he is doing the same thing his parents did to him? (i.e. selling Athena's life to Mikado to his misterious plans)
Nagi can survive without money, even in the next chapter Nagi can will know everything and give up for herself about the hieritance (if I remember well, she already said she doesn't need it), but obviously, this only can happen if we assume she is maturing from the childish tsundere she was in first chapter; but if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
So Hayate has 2 options: destroy the stone; or find a 3 method to save Athena. (maybe he can lose a battle to a person that could return to nagi that money when Mikado die and by that way, another person will have the hieritance and he can destroy that stone.)

P.D:Orange-kun was important in the Shirley's incident and in the end of both seasons...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:30   Link #4703
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Orange-kun was never a critical character, no matter how awesome he was.

Spoiler for For Orange's purpose:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
I've got to disagree. Hayate protecting the inheritance has got nothing to do with him being a greedy bastard like his parents. In fact, unlike his parents, he'd be protecting someone he cares about.

All the same, it's quite funny, because having Nagi lose the inheritance would technically free her from all those murderers who chase her after her money. But, anyway, protecting Nagi is his duty not only as her butler, but also as a person who cares for her. Choosing to protect her inheritance wouldn't really place him in the same level as his parents, in my opinion.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:42   Link #4704
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Are you aware that if hayate choose money over a life he is doing the same thing his parents did to him? (i.e. selling Athena's life to Mikado to his misterious plans)
Nagi can survive without money, even in the next chapter Nagi can will know everything and give up for herself about the hieritance (if I remember well, she already said she doesn't need it), but obviously, this only can happen if we assume she is maturing from the childish tsundere she was in first chapter; but if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
So Hayate has 2 options: destroy the stone; or find a 3 method to save Athena. (maybe he can lose a battle to a person that could return to nagi that money when Mikado die and by that way, another person will have the hieritance and he can destroy that stone.)
I gotta disagree with this.
Unlike his parents, Hayate was actually responsible for Nagi's inherintance so if he choose the money,he actually was't at the same level as his parent, just like
used can said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post


I've got to disagree. Hayate protecting the inheritance has got nothing to do with him being a greedy bastard like his parents. In fact, unlike his parents, he'd be protecting someone he cares about.

All the same, it's quite funny, because having Nagi lose the inheritance would technically free her from all those murderers who chase her after her money. But, anyway, protecting Nagi is his duty not only as her butler, but also as a person who cares for her. Choosing to protect her inheritance wouldn't really place him in the same level as his parents, in my opinion.
I also agree with you,used can.
Someone who is being responsible to something must keep their responsbility
no matter what.
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:45   Link #4705
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hamster Slapping Land

Mikado is Santa all along?







Just as Planned
__________________
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:47   Link #4706
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Used can, that is about the same fact I'm posting since a few days: the money isn't more important than a life (the life of the girl hayate (supposed) love.
Is here when he need to know Nagi doesn't need the hieritance.
Or the arrival of Hayate's brother or Himegami...

And wolfnagi, you only want Hayate end with Nagi at all costs. Or at least that seems for me...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:51   Link #4707
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
No only me,
a friends of mine in MangaFox also want Hayate to end up with Nagi,
at all cost,
even Athena's life. Muahahahahaha (no offense)
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:54   Link #4708
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I know money is nowhere as important as a life, even more so the life of someone you love. But, money isn't the issue, but his duty toward Nagi. She's the one who paid his debt, and she's also done many other things for him. He owes her a lot, not to mention Nagi is like family for him. This is why this isn't that much of simple choice for him. I'm sure he wants to protect Athena, but he also doesn't want to fail as Nagi's butler.

This is why I say you cannot compare him to his parents.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:57   Link #4709
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
If I say I want to Nagi end like Saber in Heaven's Feel, you could fell insulted, right? (remember Hata said the story will change from Ataraxia to Hollow, in a reference to Fate franchise)
At least I want a Happy end to Hayate, Hina Ayumu and Athena, regardless if Hayate end with any of them...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:01   Link #4710
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
What happen to Saber?? in Heaven's Feel
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:03   Link #4711
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Spoiler for Saber's Fate:
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:03   Link #4712
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
If I say I want to Nagi end like Saber in Heaven's Feel, you could fell insulted, right?
You can't really compare Saber Alter's and Nagi's situation, I believe.
Saber ;_;
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:08   Link #4713
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
Still,
This is a comedy manga, not a fighting manga.
So there must be a way to end this situation,comically
LOL
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:08   Link #4714
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I know that used can, but that was only an example, sorry if I bring sad memories...

Edit: I already say this, the manga shift from the comedy side to the serious side, Hata himself said so.
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:09   Link #4715
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: God knows where I am now....
One thing,
I DONT WATCH FATE SERIES!!!
Does't have time for it. LOL
__________________
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:12   Link #4716
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Spoiler for chapter 249 translated:



I.CANNOT.FUCKING.WAIT.FOR.CHAPTER.250!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:12   Link #4717
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
1. Heaven's feel is a path of the game, no the series and I can't play it yet, lol.
2. Hata said about the shift here http://websunday.net/backstage/hata/242.html
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:15   Link #4718
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
So there must be a way to end this situation,comically
For everything that is good in this world, I hope that doesn't happen.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:16   Link #4719
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I'll pray with you...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:23   Link #4720
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
For everything that is good in this world, I hope that doesn't happen.
It could be done in many different ways if it comes to that, after all one only needs to see something like Monty Python's 'the Holy Grail' or the 'Meaning of Life' to see that...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.