AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 06:18   Link #4761
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Heh.

Will Hayate play the role of the betrayer again (this time with a very valid reason), or will he save everyone? But seriously, what the hell do all the other gems do? What purpose do they have if the only truly needed one is Hayate's?

Hmm... what if...

The gems all look alike. How do you differentiate between them anyway? With special perceptive powers? What if Hayate has some special power of his own that can convert any gem to the "King's Jewel" or whatever it's called.

Recall when Mikado had all of them, or most of them in his hand, when he was talking to loli Athena in the past. Well, it was Mikado that gave Hayate that gem to guard, and all the rules behind it and the inheritance (which really don't matter). But Mikado also gave a gem to Aika (is that her name? can't really remember - lol..) and perhaps to other people as well.

What if they were all the same in the start, but change depending on who's holding it? Perhaps they require something (I'm thinking something like the power of misfortune or the like) to fill them up with power, and convert them to the status of "King's Jewel"?

Perhaps that's the reason why Mikado was giving them around. Everybody was just a guinea pig. One of them would change... Hayate's did.

Also, they talked something about purification. Isumi did that, but is there some kind of a process they must go through first, before they can gain the status of "King's Jewel"? Oh, maybe since they were all "tainted", Mikado just gave them randomly out. One of them was the King's Jewel, but since it was tainted like the rest, they weren't able to differentiate between them? Hmhmm...

Ah, wait! That would be very reckless of him if there was only 1 original. What if it broke? It's probably the former theory where a gem goes through a change, depending on who's holding it. Perhaps for how long even, before purification? ..........

Hmm... am I spewing nonsense again, or does it sound plausible? What's your take on this, zod?
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:31   Link #4762
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Rah, the business with the stones is for Hata to know and for us to find out. Trying to figure out the correct theory will just cause you a headache, since basically everything is possible in this manga.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:36   Link #4763
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Maria stated that the King's Jewels are the Sanzein's family treasures, and there are nine of them. So I'm assuming the status was already placed sometime after Nagi's mom found them while they were still curse.

I know each gem has its own symbol. Taking into account that Athena had been searching for the original stone without knowing the lifted of the curse, I think there is a way to differentiate without them being purified.

From some of the chapters, it stated that the gems' power is too tough for Mikado to handle.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:48   Link #4764
Rah

Ah, I see. So basically the one with the ... whatever symbol it has is the King's Jewel, and the others are....? Not enough info here.

But the symbols weren't visible when they were impure, so Mikado handed them over to various acquaintances of Isumi. Makes sense...

Hayate received the lucky one. xD

Still no idea what the others do. Hmmm...

He won't break it, because that would end everything, but he will save Athena.

Mysterious 3rd option, or trade with Midas. Only way I think...
Old 2009-11-17, 10:01   Link #4765
IndoViking

Most likely there's gonna be that 3rd choice, no way he's just gonna trade with midas, unless Hayate decides to push his GAR button and pull an Archer-in-HF-esque thing...
Old 2009-11-17, 10:30   Link #4766
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

As I recall, each of the gems has an Ancient Greek letter in them to distinguish them from one another. I think Hayate's was either Pi or Omega and I don't remember what Aika's and Wataru's were. I know that Mikado stated at one point to Athena that Isumi (the once in a thousand years prodigy) was the only one who could purify the stones but that she wouldn't do it for him. So instead he gave them around to people she would meet so that she would purify it for them instead (so far that's only been Hayate's and Aika's that we know about). It is possible that this "King's Power" that Athena lost was the key for making the gems useful, which could mean that any gem Hayate has could be used. Or it could all be wrong and they're all false clues and leads, it's a coin toss really.

He obviously won't do anything that would end the manga, and there's no way Hata would have him betray Nagi. She may be in trouble as she could rely on Mikado more than she is aware of. While she did tell Hayate that she didn't need the inheritance that doesn't mean that it's true as Mikado could have been helping her behind the scenes this entire time. After all, he adores Maria and would easily ensure that Maria was well taken care of as well.

If my guess is right, then the next chapter will likely be all of them trying to enjoy the last day of Golden Week while Hayate spends the whole chapter wondering what's most important to him. Hinagiku and him will have to have at least a short talk in which Hayate can't tell her exactly what happened and Ayumu and Nagi may be the same. If they're going back to Japan soon then the story will probably take a slightly more cheerful turn when his decision is revealed and everyone leaves Greece with happy memories or something.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 12:22   Link #4767
Rah

Mikado "adores" Maria because he values her as a vessel for Yukariko's soul. Obvious is obvious... ^________^
Old 2009-11-17, 12:59   Link #4768
Used Can

I think there's a possibility the gem Hayate holds may have been the same gem that was embedded in the ring Athena gave him. If he, somehow, manages to realise that, he may be able reach her.

I'm fairly positive there'll be a way to save Athena without destroying the stone. Naturally, I hope they won't find that way before Hayate decides who he wants to protect.

I'm expecting a battle with Midas, no matter what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Hayate decides to push his GAR button and pull an Archer-in-HF-esque thing...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-17, 13:13   Link #4769
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think there's a possibility the gem Hayate holds may have been the same gem that was embedded in the ring Athena gave him.
I thought so as well. And if Mikado really did realized about Hayate and Athena's encounter in the past, then it somewhat make sense. I mean, it should be a story only Hayate and Athena know.

If that ring is important and contain that stone, that means Mikado probably realized Athena had it, that it belongs to Athena. If Mikado somehow buy the ring and researched on who pawned it, it may lead him to Hayate's family, thus at least know Athena and Hayate's connection. Possibly, that was the reason why he approached Hayate as Santa and still remember the kid he met 10 years ago was Hayate.

How many time did he pretended to be Santa anyway? If it's one time, my theory has a flaw, at least on his purpose in approached Hayate.
Old 2009-11-17, 14:06   Link #4770
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
How many time did he pretended to be Santa anyway? If it's one time, my theory has a flaw, at least on his purpose in approached Hayate.
I'm sure he's only done that once, and that took place before Hayate ended up in the RG 10 years ago.
Old 2009-11-17, 15:35   Link #4771
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I know he met Mikado once (at least) before he encountered Athena. But I wonder whether Mikado pretended to be Santa again after Hayate and Athena parted during those 10 years.
Old 2009-11-17, 16:49   Link #4772
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Question would be if Mikado was engineering a lot of things that led Hayate to the current events.

Last edited by lua thien; 2009-11-17 at 17:06.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:16   Link #4773
Rah

Mikado is such a nice guy. Who says that he didn't engineer every bit of misery around Hayate? Perhaps Hayate was a part of an experiment, his parents were bribed, or bought by Mikado to fuck with him, and make him as miserable as possible. Perhaps it was Mikado who bought the gem in the pawnshop, pretending to be just an ordinary old man.

This still makes no sense, because there's yet no valid motive behind those actions. Did he meet Hayate after, or before he broke off with Athena? If it was before then there's a good chance of a conspiracy... hmhm..

Anyway, I wonder which characters will be on the cover, or other color pages in the next chappy. Perhaps the ones that Hayate can choose from? Eh, better than nothing. I bet it will be a happy picture with them doing something together...

Perhaps there will be early spoilers this week, because it's in color.. mhmhm..
Old 2009-11-17, 18:44   Link #4774
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
This still makes no sense, because there's yet no valid motive behind those actions. Did he meet Hayate after, or before he broke off with Athena?
Hayate met with Santa before he met Athena.
Old 2009-11-17, 18:58   Link #4775
Rah

That settles it then.

Santa is evil! ;_;

Awww, no fair.. I want to be a 7 year old kid again! I'd get all sorts of nice gifts, unlike in the 80's & 90's. Clothes, books, LEGOS.. oh.. fuck.. legos! LEGOOOOOSSSSSS!!! Ahhh, nostalgia hit! Uuuuuuu, I wanna mai spaceship, pirate ship, Egyptian temple, and, and... ^___^
Old 2009-11-17, 19:14   Link #4776
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
That settles it then.

Santa is evil! ;_;
That just compels me to light an inferno in the fireplace before Santa comes down the chimney along with shooting his sleigh from the sky with a laser-guided launcher.
Old 2009-11-17, 19:32   Link #4777
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, that one
Old 2009-11-17, 19:33   Link #4778
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
That just compels me to light an inferno in the fireplace before Santa comes down the chimney along with shooting his sleigh from the sky with a laser-guided launcher.
LOL!

Well, it's definitely Mikado who's pulling the strings. He even knows about Athena's condition. Unless he's being manipulated by someone else...

But why won't he try to take the gem from him? It would be really easy, since he makes all those rules, and he even gave to him first, so he can take it back at any time. Oh, let me guess. Only Athena can open the RG. And when she does, he'll proceed with his plan. Probably trapping her after she opens the path with some sort of a ritual. Lovely..

If Hayate's gem is the only way in, then he'll probably trade with Midas, unless there's an alternative. What could it be, though? If there is one, I bet it has something to do with the other gems.

Oh, wait, wait, wait... that's not possible. Athena is the only one that knows where the entrance to the RG is. Midas won't trade with Hayate. If he tries that option, he'll say "the gem first, then I'll free her", but go back on his word. Or perhaps they'll do the exchange just after opening the path to the RG in Japan? Well, that would work... hmhm...
Old 2009-11-17, 20:03   Link #4779
Used Can

I don't think Athena is the only one who is able to open the RG. Someone closed the way, and she had no idea who.

Mikado must have met Hayate back then for a reason. I guess that can be added to the list of things Hata has to develop.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:47   Link #4780
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Why would a infinitely rich and somehow evil tycoon like Mikado would mess with him? Sure I see him playfully messing around with people near him, but a dirt-poor 6 year old?

Hayate's special, there's something with him that would make him valuable to Mikado, gem or not.

I speculate that Mikado planned to be Santa for Hayate and manipulate him by making him more miserable. And Hayate as special as he is, has an affinity to the RG so when he ran away with no point of destination, this special affinity lead him there.

Hayate has a special role, I just feel it.

Can you feel it?

Tags
comedy, shounen