AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 17:25   Link #5661
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
If Hayate were to drop his feelings for Athena to protect Nagi, I don't really see how Hinagiku or Ayumu can change his belief regardless of how long HnG will last. That is Athena, as long as she remains in the manga, will get a better chance than Hinagiku. It has always been either Nagi or Athena from my perspective...
Athena is out of contention by now, I'm pretty sure of it. Keep in mind, Hayate went to Athena not to be with her, but to SAVE her life and to free her from the castle. Not to be with her. For the near future, it's clear that Hayate has decided to be there and protect Nagi, who is probably bound to lose her fortune, and who will certainly need his attention.

Athena's chance in my opinion was the _short_, immediate resolution. Nagi understanding that Hayate loves A-tan and willing to release him. But that's not what happened. By releasing him off the stone duty, she chained Hayate to herself more than she ever could in any other way. The near future looks very much decided to me.

Quote:
I think it was obvious that Hayate must chose Nagi, continuing being by her side, for the manga to continue. Who knows, perhaps the ring he's holding (I think) will play an important role.
And this is exactly why I'm not counting Hina out by now and still give her a loooong shot. It all depends on how the future - the medium/long run - is going to play out. Hina still has her "special move", which means confession. Hayate doesn't realize her feelings yet. This could make for a later climax. For Athena to win, she needs to survive now (possible, but not sure), and then to get together with him later. That's not impossible, but... I fail to see the big bang. In WoW terms, I'd say that she blew her cooldown. That's why I rate Hina's chances - as low as they are - as higher than Athena now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Hina was able to summon Masmune anytime she wanted, wasn't she?
Yep.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 17:25   Link #5662
GDB

Quote:
Hina was able to summon Masmune anytime she wanted, wasn't she?
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that she'd have to use Masamune to help Hayate. She's also the only one to use Masamune. Therefore, unless Hayate is delirious from blood loss, he should be able to recognize it's Hina saving him, Ranger suit or not.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:22   Link #5663
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Athena is out of contention by now, I'm pretty sure of it. Keep in mind, Hayate went to Athena not to be with her, but to SAVE her life and to free her from the castle. Not to be with her. For the near future, it's clear that Hayate has decided to be there and protect Nagi, who is probably bound to lose her fortune, and who will certainly need his attention.

Athena's chance in my opinion was the _short_, immediate resolution. Nagi understanding that Hayate loves A-tan and willing to release him. But that's not what happened. By releasing him off the stone duty, she chained Hayate to herself more than she ever could in any other way. The near future looks very much decided to me.
He wants to save her life because she is important to him. He can't be with her not because his feelings changed, but there is someone else he must protect, especially in this condition.
Not want to be with her and can't be with her are totally two different things. He didn't come there to reject her, nor did he knows how she feels about him. His feelings for her is still pretty much there.

Quote:
And this is exactly why I'm not counting Hina out by now and still give her a loooong shot. It all depends on how the future - the medium/long run - is going to play out. Hina still has her "special move", which means confession. Hayate doesn't realize her feelings yet. This could make for a later climax. For Athena to win, she needs to survive now (possible, but not sure), and then to get together with him later. That's not impossible, but... I fail to see the big bang. In WoW terms, I'd say that she blew her cooldown. That's why I rate Hina's chances - as low as they are - as higher than Athena now.
Honestly, a confession from Hinagiku will only turn her into Ayumu#2 from how things go. It is not like the feelings of Hayate changed from the previous chapters.And Hayate doesn't know Athena's feelings toward him...I just can't see Hayate forget about Athena and get in terms with Hinagiku...
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 19:21   Link #5664
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
He wants to save her life because she is important to him. He can't be with her not because his feelings changed, but there is someone else he must protect, especially in this condition.
Right.

Quote:
Not want to be with her and can't be with her are totally two different things. He didn't come there to reject her, nor did he knows how she feels about him. His feelings for her is still pretty much there.
Right too. However - and that is easily forgotten - it's not like he has been longing for her all the time. It's rather that it took him a long talk during the Hina date, and even there alot of thinking to realize "oh, I actually love her". A fated, "her-or-nobody-else-forever" kind of love it ain't IMHO.

Quote:
Honestly, a confession from Hinagiku will only turn her into Ayumu#2 from how things go.
Not quite - he thinks of her differently. Hayate has always been able to relatively easily handle Ayumu's advances. Hina had much more of an impact to him (I only say "touching hands"). However, I agree with you that a confession at the dinner wouldn't have been accepted. It remains to be seen though how his relationship with Hina would change once he realizes that she likes him. At the moment, he considers her way out of reach for him.

Quote:
It is not like the feelings of Hayate changed from the previous chapters.And Hayate doesn't know Athena's feelings toward him...I just can't see Hayate forget about Athena and get in terms with Hinagiku...
In the short run, no. In the medium-long run, I see no reason why he shouldn't. What I do NOT see is a medium-long run Athena ending. But that's deep in speculation territory.
Old 2010-01-26, 19:41   Link #5665
xellos2099

I don't actually think Nagi will end up losing her fortune. I don;t think her gramp can imagine it was Nagi herself who destroy the stone.

It seems Hina will head to Athena place soon and I am thinking how many time had Hina save Hayate's ass, literally? I mean, she save him more time than Zero save X in Megaman X serie.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 19:45   Link #5666
Lisemer

Wait...
As far as I remember, if Mikado knows about the stone condition, hayate not only be separated from Nagi, but sended to Athena with all and debt. Isn't that a point all of you are forgetting or you believe Hayate will be allowed by Mikado or even himself to scape from that new debt?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 19:51   Link #5667
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Right too. However - and that is easily forgotten - it's not like he has been longing for her all the time. It's rather that it took him a long talk during the Hina date, and even there alot of thinking to realize "oh, I actually love her". A fated, "her-or-nobody-else-forever" kind of love it ain't IMHO.
Actually, he had been wanted to see her again to tell her the "two things," and finally understood the feelings he has for her..."Why am I keeping chase after her shadow. To amend? To apologize?" That pretty much speak "longing" itself. In Athene, he does want to meet her again while wandering around the street. Not that that's matter, we only care about his feelings for her.

Quote:
Not quite - he thinks of her differently. Hayate has always been able to relatively easily handle Ayumu's advances. Hina had much more of an impact to him (I only say "touching hands"). However, I agree with you that a confession at the dinner wouldn't have been accepted. It remains to be seen though how his relationship with Hina would change once he realizes that she likes him. At the moment, he considers her way out of reach for him.
All he sees is great respect for Hinagiku...That haven't change. Ayumu is a person of Hayate's standard whereas Hinagiku is the great student council president of a prestigious school; of course, Hinagiku should have more impact than Ayumu.

Quote:
In the short run, no. In the medium-long run, I see no reason why he shouldn't. What I do NOT see is a medium-long run Athena ending. But that's deep in speculation territory.
People can change from one lover to another, and by miracles, perhaps, Hayate's feelings for Athena after all these years may be forgotten due to a new girl...hmmmnnn...It's not he shouldn't, but more like he wouldn't unless Nagi somehow can change that.
To be honest, Athena's ending is difficult in my eyes, but I think Hinagiku's ending is just harder to see.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:58   Link #5668
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Wait...
As far as I remember, if Mikado knows about the stone condition, hayate not only be separated from Nagi, but sended to Athena with all and debt. Isn't that a point all of you are forgetting or you believe Hayate will be allowed by Mikado or even himself to scape from that new debt?
Actually, not quite. In the chinese translation, Mikado said it it is up to him on to choose Nagi or Athena. He said that if Hayate choose to save Athena and destroy the stone, he could go work as Athena butler instead and she would pay for Hayate debt willingly.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 21:17   Link #5669
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Mikado said that if Hayate destroys the stone to save Athena, all of his debt will be transferred to Athena, and he will be her butler. But Nagi was the person who destroyed it, so who knows what Mikado will do.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:49   Link #5670
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Actually, is there a reason why the debt would transfer to Athena even if Hayate had destroyed the stone? Nagi "bought" the debt from the very nice people using her own money, so now Hayate is working for her to pay back that debt. If Nagi loses her inheritance, there is no reason why the debt would be taken away from her. It is not bankruptcy after all. While Athena could buy the debt from Nagi if the latter agrees, this option is available regardless of whether or not Nagi retains her inheritance, and is thus irrelevant to the breaking of the stone.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 21:57   Link #5671
zodanhko
*ignoring*

...Because Mikado said so which means he has the power to do so...that means the money Nagi used belong to Mikado while she could used it as his inheritor...No more stone=no more inheritor=not her money=Hayate go bye bye...
Old 2010-01-29, 04:40   Link #5672
zibi88

heh c258 is out (very low quality [it even weights not even 500kb XD] well and what we see from it

Spoiler for well...:

anyway time will show ^^

Last edited by zibi88; 2010-01-29 at 05:11.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 05:45   Link #5673
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Hmm... I'd really like to have better scans ^_^;

Spoiler:

So, overall a good chapter for Athena shippers, because a showdown with Hayate _active_ increases the chances that this will have a short conclusion (which I would see as the biggest chance for Athena to "win"). If there is NO short conclusion and the show continues on, Hina will collect karma points if she manages to save Hayate's butt _without_ him knowing that it was her.
Old 2010-01-29, 10:19   Link #5674
GDB

Quote:
Spoiler:
Possibly...
Spoiler:
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:52   Link #5675
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
...Because Mikado said so which means he has the power to do so...that means the money Nagi used belong to Mikado while she could used it as his inheritor...No more stone=no more inheritor=not her money=Hayate go bye bye...
I'm nitpicking a minor point here, but that seems to be a gap in the story. When Nagi spent the money, it belonged to her at that time. Mikado most likely gave her the power to spend the money instead of lending it to her, in the same way that some parents give their children access to the family bank accounts. Consider the other case, where the money belongs to Mikado. This means that Nagi would not only lose everything she owned, but will also owe Mikado A LOT of money for things such as the food she ate and the clothes she bought over the years.

So if we assume that it was her money that she spent, Mikado cannot claim back the money from the very nice people since it's considered spent money, and he also cannot lay claim to what Nagi spent in her capacity. All Mikado can do is change the content of his will, and that only involves what he himself owns. Contrast this with assets such as the houses. The mansion that our main trio lives in is a Sanzenin family mansion, which means that it's under Mikado's name, since he's the head of the family. That can of course be taken away. Hayate, on the other hand, is Nagi's butler, and his debt is owed to Nagi, rather than the Sanzenin family. I really don't see how Mikado actually has the right of ownership with regard to Hayate. It's not a bankruptcy after all.

It's a very minor point, however, and was probably used for no other reason than because the plot required it to be so. I'll just go with Mikado said it, so he must have some way to do it.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:01   Link #5676
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Hayate is holding Masamune, Hinagiku is holding Hokuo, I checked the Hokuo back on EotW and its without a doubt the same sword that machine spit out. Now the question is why did he have it?
Spoiler for For Ch. 258:
Old 2010-02-02, 00:45   Link #5677
Tom Bombadil

I think the ranger suit is just for Hina to master enough courage to face Hayate again. It doesn't take a lot for Hayte to figure out there is only one person who is both willing to help him and good with swords at the same time. But there is the chance that Hayate will be too dumb to know. Sigh.

As for Hina's confession, I don't see it coming soon. I imagine Hina will more likely to declare Hayate's love to A-tan in a bit exaggerated way, thus complicate more things. Nevermind. It sounds like it came out of a Shoujo drama.
Old 2010-02-02, 06:23   Link #5678
Koroshiya_Kame_13

When did Hayate cut off one of Midas King's arm?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:37   Link #5679
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
When did Hayate cut off one of Midas King's arm?
The second time he travled back in time :P

I found it intresting how the Hokuo was refred to with a different name.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:37   Link #5680
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
I think the ranger suit is just for Hina to master enough courage to face Hayate again. It doesn't take a lot for Hayte to figure out there is only one person who is both willing to help him and good with swords at the same time. But there is the chance that Hayate will be too dumb to know. Sigh.
I don't think so. I mean, look at Hina's reaction, right after she screamed her lungs out during her flight holding on to the sword (keep in mind, scared of heights!). When she tells Hayate that he has to save Athena. She didn't really have a choice whether or not to wear the costume, she was dragged there. But she definitely doesn't sound timid - why should she be? She friggen sent Hayate to confess to Athena. What she's saying and doing now is entirely consistent to that.

No, I'm 90% sure that the point of the costume is to preclude Hayate from realizing that it's Hina saving his ass again. After all, Red is also wielding a different sword now.

Quote:
As for Hina's confession, I don't see it coming soon. I imagine Hina will more likely to declare Hayate's love to A-tan in a bit exaggerated way, thus complicate more things. Nevermind. It sounds like it came out of a Shoujo drama.
We'll have to wait and see ^_^; ... in any case, I don't expect a Hina confession at all. She probably won't even be unmasked.

If this confrontation ends without a romantic Hayate-Athena linkup (I doubt so due to Nagi) and without Hayate realizing that it's Hina, this happy Hina-shipper will mark one more karma point for the overachieving while misunderstood and underappreciated pink princess.

Tags
comedy, shounen