AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-18, 19:25   Link #6141
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I don't know if Hayate realized the reason why Athena parted with him yet, and if he did, I guess that's game over. The only possible way that I can see for them to establish a relationship is for Hayate to learn of her reason and confront her knowing it. If that won't change her mind, then I guess there's no hope.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:32   Link #6142
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I don't know if Hayate realized the reason why Athena parted with him yet, and if he did, I guess that's game over. The only possible way that I can see for them to establish a relationship is for Hayate to learn of her reason and confront her knowing it. If that won't change her mind, then I guess there's no hope.
I don't know if even knowing the reason will help unless he learns it within the next few chapters. He seems really hurt, and if that pain has time to settle in, I don't think even knowing the truth would heal it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:37   Link #6143
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Unlike all the other harm main characters, I actually like Hayate and I hope he ends up with the girl he loves (Not the other way around)..Unless it's Nagi of course, that would be disgusting.

And Hayate/Athena is over!! It's a golden rule in manga, if the main character says/thinks something like that then it's over. No chance what so ever!

To bad..because the Hayate/Athena relationship actually had some value and looked as if it was going somewhere, unlike the other ones.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:41   Link #6144
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't know if even knowing the reason will help unless he learns it within the next few chapters. He seems really hurt, and if that pain has time to settle in, I don't think even knowing the truth would heal it.
That depends on how much he loves and understands her. If he were to forget about those feelings he has that quickly, which he has been having for 10 years, due to pain just because Athena rejected him, then I'd questioned about his feelings for her. Not that I say the chance is high which is very low, but that is the only possible way I can think of if there is a twist.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:42   Link #6145
5yewy5r
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Oh god, was that a nagixhayate flag I saw???? NOOOOOOOO!!!^$*#@^

I desperately hope Athena-Hayate will fix itself somehow before he leaves for Japan. If he just leaves A-tan there, it's over. It seems pretty over already, but I can only hope...
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:44   Link #6146
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I don't know if Hayate realized the reason why Athena parted with him yet, and if he did, I guess that's game over. The only possible way that I can see for them to establish a relationship is for Hayate to learn of her reason and confront her knowing it. If that won't change her mind, then I guess there's no hope.
I think Hayate understands why she did it. He knows his position as Nagi's butler. He has a promise he has to keep to her. Right now, he's happy but more than that, he wants to protect Nagi's happiness, and protecting girls is something Athena taught him. Athena understand that much, and Hayate knows he cannot have a relationship with Athena while being Nagi's butler. In addition to that, there were no regrets in Hayate's words at the end, only acceptance as we see he's wondering when he'll say "I love you" to someone else. So, one way or the other, I'd say that Hayate and Athena parting ways is definite.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:54   Link #6147
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I don't see how anyone has a chance if Athena didn't. Seriously, Nagi managed to tear apart a mutual love interest. Even if Hayate ever falls in love with Hinagiku (I count her as the most likely), what's going to stop Nagi from taking priority again?

One thing that will make me a little pissed off would be having Athena lose to Nagi because of Hayate's duty as a butler, but then having another girl magically bypass the Nagi obstacle without much difficulty. Seriously, that just screams, "I just didn't want Athena X Hayate because I didn't want it."

@Rah. It's those random pages where the author "talks" to the characters. Basically a meta page with more jokes, referencing things like the anime and the popularity polls. Basically, the author-avatar was always complaining and begging to stay serialized -_-.
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:59   Link #6148
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Maybe I'm in denial, but if he realized that he must protect and can't leave Nagi, which means he understood Athena's thoughts, then there was no reason for him to confess to Athena in the first place. The confession indicated that he wanted Athena to be with him while he may be working for Nagi. That means he didn't understand a thing when he confessed to Athena.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:00   Link #6149
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I don't see how anyone has a chance if Athena didn't. Seriously, Nagi managed to tear apart a mutual love interest. Even if Hayate ever falls in love with Hinagiku (I count her as the most likely), what's going to stop Nagi from taking priority again?
Well, this is the story about a butler and his mistress, where Hayate is the butler and Nagi is the mistress. It's only natural she'll take priority, I think. Sure, it is a love comedy as well, but the main aspect of the story is the former. I think most of us should know this very well by now.

Either way, the reactions at 2ch are quite funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Maybe I'm in denial, but if he realized that he must protect and can't leave Nagi, which means he understood Athena's thoughts, then there was no reason for him to confess to Athena in the first place. The confession indicated that he wanted Athena to be with him while he may be working for Nagi. That means he didn't understand a thing when he confessed to Athena.
Hmm... not necessarily so. He loves Athena, and that's a fact, but there are things he's got to do, and he knows they're going to walk down different paths; therefore, they cannot be together.

I don't know, the break up seems definite to me. It's not that I like it (obviously), but I think that's the way things are.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:17   Link #6150
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm... not necessarily so. He loves Athena, and that's a fact, but there are things he's got to do, and he knows they're going to walk down different paths, and thus; therefore, cannot be together.
Even he got things to do, he was still wondering...

'he's wondering when he'll say "I love you" to someone else'

It means that he still wanted Athena to accept him and his feelings since he doesn't know if he will love another girl. I'll take that as he didn't understand Athena's intention.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:19   Link #6151
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, this is the story about a butler and his mistress, where Hayate is the butler and Nagi is the mistress. It's only natural she'll take priority, I think. Sure, it is a love comedy as well, but the main aspect of the story is the former. I think most of us should know this very well by now.

Either way, the reactions at 2ch are quite funny.
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's likely that it'll revert back to it's original status of being a gag about butlers, but I never liked the gags. Like a lot of people I just plowed through the gags to get to the current, more interesting (the fact that they have Athena in them may be a coincidence) chapters.

I never liked Nagi either, by the way. Her character design wasn't even endearing and she was a selfish brat; she might have matured a little in the EoTW arc, but not nearly as many as the other characters and she sure isn't even close to the maturity of the other girls.

About 2ch...

Can you share some of the reactions? Hahahaha. Maybe enough enraged Japanese fanboys (girls can be fans too, but "fanboys" sounds funnier) complain to Hata, his "I must be popular" attitude will affect the plot. I'm not being serious, mind you. It is possible though...

One more thing about 264: Does anyone else think the "meaningful quotes" in HnG have been completely lame? I mean, the "bell rings into the future"? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-03-18 at 20:32.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:28   Link #6152
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Even he got things to do, he was still wondering...

'he's wondering when he'll say "I love you" to someone else'

It means that he still wanted Athena to accept him and his feelings since he doesn't know if he will love another girl. I'll take that as he didn't understand Athena's intention.
The whole quote goes something like this:

"The day I really can tell someone "I love you" once more...
That day me too, once again..."

So, I don't think he was wondering about Athena, but I'll leave it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's likely that it'll revert back to it's original status of being a gag about butlers, but I never liked the gags. Like a lot of people I just plowed through the gags to get to the current, more interesting (the fact that they have Athena in them may be a coincidence) chapters.
The issue is most people read HnG because of the gags. In fact, many fans (Japanese and Western), complained about the seriousness of this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I never liked Nagi either, by the way. Her character design wasn't even endearing and she was a selfish brat; she might have matured a little in the EoTW arc, but not nearly as many as the other characters and she sure isn't even close to the maturity of the other girls.
I honestly have to disagree. Nagi has received a great deal of character development. She's still childish, but she's a lot more mature, and considerate of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Can you share some of the reactions? Hahahaha. Maybe enough enraged Japanese fanboys (girls can be fans too, but "fanboys" sounds funnier) complain to Hata, his "I must be popular" attitude will affect the plot. I'm not being serious, mind you. It is possible though...
The reactions are quite strong and very divided. Many fans are happy that this arc ended, and they hope the series will revert back to being a love comedy. Other people agree with that, but say they didn't like they way this arc ended. To quote many of them, it left them "a very bad after-taste". Other fans simply didn't want this sort of plot to end, even more so, they didn't want Athena to leave. You also have some people who think this arc did a great damage to the manga, since it was supposed to be a slice-of-life love comedy. Either way, all of them are strong opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
One more thing about 264: Does anyone else think the "meaningful quotes" in HnG have been completely lame? I mean, the "bell rings into the future"? Wtf is that supposed to mean?
Well, it does make sense, as things will definitely change now that Nagi has lost her inheritance, and now that we know several things, like the involvement of Yukariko and Ikusa into all of this.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:48   Link #6153
GlassesLady
dat apple
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I'm aliens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Feels like we missed something. Didn't I read somewhere that this chapter and the next should be read as a pair? Maybe something happened that actually explains things better that we just don't get a hint of yet?
I think it was supposed to be that 264 and 265 were the two-parter, not 265 and 266. But anyway.

Just why is it that everyone thinks HayatexNagi is 'disgusting' just because of the three-year age difference? They're both fairly clueless, so it's not like it really makes a difference. Watching a (supposedly) six-year-old girl acting rather convincingly like a sexually mature adult and apparently trying to seduce a hapless six-year-old boy seems rather more squicky to me, really. /: But it seems I'm the only one who thinks that.
__________________
Let me show you my Pokemans.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:49   Link #6154
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The whole quote goes something like this:

"The day I really can tell someone "I love you" once more...
That day me too, once again..."

So, I don't think he was wondering about Athena, but I'll leave it like that.
When he said...

"The day I really can tell someone "I love you" once more..."

it indicated that he believed he had no problem loving someone while protecting Nagi since he was thinking whether he will fall in love with another girl (That's why I think he still wanted Athena to accept him since she is the only girl he loves right now.) He still believed loving a girl while being Nagi's butler will have no affect on his future life. That's why he didn't understand Athena's thoughts.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 20:55   Link #6155
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hm. I'm not too sure how 2ch works... does it carry the same connotation that 4ch has in the "west"? I mean, 4ch doesn't exactly carry a positive reputation...

About the quote, I still think it was stupid (maybe it sounds better in Japanese? I know of cases like that). It might make a little sense with the whole Cindarella thing and how the bell symbolizes a passage of time, but that's stretching it.

If any of my friends in real life ever say something like "the boombox plays a tune into the future" or "the sunrise rises into the future" I can confidently say I would laugh out loud in ridicule (good natured ridicule, by the way.) I'm not expecting like, amazing literature or insight in a manga, but if they're going to try to pull it off I'm not going to forgiving.

I liked Toradora's various quotes, and I also like some of the "perfect" quotes that Keima says in Kaminomi. So, I type my reply with the clack of keys into the future, and I press my mouse button onto the "Post Quick Reply" button with the click of mouse-buttons into the future.

Wow, I almost cried tears into the future realizing how beautiful those last lines were.
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 22:27   Link #6156
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
*yawn*

Uhmm, 2ch isn't an abbreviation of 2chan, but a different site, and 4chan is just one of my favorite comedy sites. What bad reputation? ... Hahahahhah...


Anyhow, now that it's temporarily over between Hayate and Athena, Hina can finally cheer up, as well as Ayumu. Hata did this to preserve their relationships in the long run...

He might even pull off a Hina end for all we know. Hey, it's possible, but it all depends on what the fans and editors want the most, or whatever...

Hina is still one of the most popular characters, though through voting we've all seen how much popularity Athena gained, and she's not even in the anime yet. So.... yeah, I guess I'll correct myself. Popularity is pretty much irrelevant.

Well.........

I guess it's time we see what will happen to Nagi, and how will everyone else react to that. Hina & Ayumu will cheer up, Nagi is happy that Hayate has resolved his problem, saved the person that was dear to him, and returned to her safely. Mikado.. hmm... things aren't exactly going as planned for him, eh? One gem is in pieces now, and I don't know how to react if he'll say that he'll give Hayate another chance, and thus preserve Nagi's status as a billionaire.

The gem reacts to negative emotions, right? The only one who remained unaffected by all the events in this arc is still Aika. Hata did draw her in his blog this week...

Hmm...

I'd like to see if my prediction will come true, but perhaps it's still too early to see Midas again, eh?

It's a shame that Athena won't be joining the regular cast... *sigh*

And I was looking forward to it. All the misunderstandings, and jealousy she could stir up...

Oh, well....
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:06   Link #6157
AdventSleeper
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
And so the AthenaXHayate flag falls... likely never to rise again...

And the NagiXHayate flag goes even higher? Haha.

While the manga is probably going to shift to a more gag-comedy for now, I hope it doesn't last TOO long. I gotta admit I'm one of those who rushed through a lot of the comedy chapters to get to this more serious chapters..Ah.. but I guess a few gags don't hurt...
I'm not too sure what to say about ch 265 as I want to read it in english to really interpret what that chapter means.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:45   Link #6158
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: existence
Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Something I just realized, though I think it was earlier chapters that made the distinction. Most people thought that Athena leaving Hayate with the stone when she healed and cared for him after Machina beat him up, we thought that that was a sign of her maturity. Now we've found out that she can't touch the stones, which changes it from a 'she's acting mature' to 'she can't help but leave it alone'.

Kinda amusing that a supposed 'good' thing about her turned out to be an action she only took because of the curse inflicted.

All sorts of points take on a different outlook if you let them settle and get all the pieces together before making a decision about them.
Maybe we should just let this sit for a moment before taking our anger out because Athena is leaving the main cast.
__________________
Arcion's is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 00:01   Link #6159
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Something I just realized, though I think it was earlier chapters that made the distinction. Most people thought that Athena leaving Hayate with the stone when she healed and cared for him after Machina beat him up, we thought that that was a sign of her maturity. Now we've found out that she can't touch the stones, which changes it from a 'she's acting mature' to 'she can't help but leave it alone'.

Kinda amusing that a supposed 'good' thing about her turned out to be an action she only took because of the curse inflicted.
Uhh..No...
She told Hayate to give her the stone in chapter 255 which means she could hold it. When she left the Royal Garden, the curse was probably already lifted.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 00:08   Link #6160
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Uhh..No...
She told Hayate to give her the stone in chapter 255 which means she could hold it. When she left the Royal Garden, the curse was probably already lifted.
we dont know that much, there are way to handle the stone without touching it....oh well something so trivial makes no difference to the end result anyways, Athena is too nice for her own good
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.