AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 09:39   Link #6501
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Who's the group trying to convince others that Hayate's 'true love' is Athena because he's said the words 'I love her'?

Hayate no Gotoku is built on misinterpretation. Please do remember this.
I don't think anyone has ever mentioned anything about "true love," if it's not for personal opinion, but wanted to point out that Hayate did love Athena.

Don't tell me you now think that Hayate's confession is a misunderstand?o.0
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 11:26   Link #6502
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Umm.. well, this place is pretty much... eugh...

Errr... anyway, as the only thing I've read, no, as the only thing that caught my attention was Arabesque's bold text, I'll answer to it.

I won't think much about it, but give a straight answer. Whatever first comes to mind...

Favorite moment of the Namek saga....

When Nagi broke the gem

And the least favorite...

I guess it's the combination of Hina's failed attempt to confess, and Athena's "rejection".

Yeah, if they were more direct, they would probably mess things up. Perhaps even pretty badly, but who says that wouldn't be a nice development? Well, Hina could be put on hold (and that would suck), or if Hayate gave the ok, then... yeah... game over. Same could be said for Athena. Basically, it's a relationship race. Who's gonna be his girlfriend?

Who cares? Hayate is a faggot. *gives handshake to leo* Nice faggot rainbow there, sir. Hahhahahahah....
Old 2010-03-28, 12:14   Link #6503
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
There is nothing wrong with hoping. Guess Hata's plan worked.
Well, my girl is still in the running, so I guess the "hope" bit will have to apply to you.

Quote:
Not really. I thought she rejected Hayate because the author can't have the manga ended, and it gave the others some opportunities with everything back to square one, somewhat.
Oh please. _We_ can argue on the meta-level, but the characters can't. You can't be really so confused to believe that Athena would be thinking that?

Athena's reason to give up on Hayate was to make sure not to cause him distress anymore. She knew that he had to return.

Quote:
One of the reasons was to repay Nagi. The other was she thought Hayate could be hurt, but there is no harm in wanting him to love her now, is it?
Yes, naturally there would be harm in it if she were around. Hayate has other obligations. Which is why she released him (to avoid the more brutal "dumped"). Get it into your head somehow, right now Athena is _not_ trying to be with Hayate. If that's what she wanted, she could have easily tried for it NOW, but she consciously SENT HIM OFF instead.

Quote:
Athena stated that she's giving Hayate back to Nagi now, but that won't necessarily happen the next time. That means she has the desire to have him. Even more so when Athena wears the ring. Since that ring represents Hayate's feelings for her, it would make more sense that she hasn't give up on Hayate's feelings for her, right?
You still haven't understood the story ^_^; ... ah well.

No point arguing about it. You seem to expect Athena to show up again anytime soon. I say she won't have any more relevant interaction with the HnG characters for a long long time. Let's see who's right.

Quote:
Well, I was thinking that Hina would leave Hayate once she realized her place, but him dumping her could work. And since they haven't yet going out, he has every right to reject her without being a jack-ass.
Who is "her"? And Hayate never "rejected" a girl to begin with. Please try to rephrase if there was a meaningful thought in this.

Quote:
But I wasn't trying to waste my time giving her advice; I'd kill myself before then. So, don't be ridiculous now.
Well, that's my point. Your relationship advice would rate as "sabotage" in my book. So don't waste your breath.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:02   Link #6504
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, my girl is still in the running, so I guess the "hope" bit will have to apply to you.
So is Athena, this chapter is painfully obvious about it.

Quote:
Get it into your head somehow, right now Athena is _not_ trying to be with Hayate. If that's what she wanted, she could have easily tried for it NOW, but she consciously SENT HIM OFF instead.
Right now, Athena is wearing Hayate's engagement ring, has introduced herself to Nagi, and is en route back to Japan. That's the antithesis of "out of the game."

The chapter makes it clear that "giving Hayate back" was her way of paying Nagi back for the stone. Now it's up to Nagi to keep him, because Athena considers the debt paid in full.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:04   Link #6505
babohtea

All of this cross quoting and multi threading is making my head hurt. This forum is like the only one where I've seen such a mess. Can we just talk about the current events in the manga, and answer any questions for people catching up?

I'll try to go and suggest a separate "girl war" thread, but can we not do it here; anybody who hasn't been following this forum for at least 2 weeks is probably very confused.
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:14   Link #6506
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Right now, Athena is wearing Hayate's engagement ring, has introduced herself to Nagi, and is en route back to Japan. That's the antithesis of "out of the game."
Okay, so what is your position? Does Athena intend to keep her word to let Hayate go back and NOT interfere in his life or not?

Maybe it's that I haven't read the full scanlation of it so far, but to me, her gesture is not "Shoubu da!", but closer to "treat him well, or I might not leave him to you next time". From what I've seen, it's the latter.
Old 2010-03-28, 13:18   Link #6507
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
All of this cross quoting and multi threading is making my head hurt. This forum is like the only one where I've seen such a mess. Can we just talk about the current events in the manga, and answer any questions for people catching up?
What exactly is there to talk about other than the love interests? You can pretty much just guess what will happen next, but according to you that would mean we couldn't guess what would happen in terms of romance. So... we guess the next gag? Talk about when he'll ever use his super move again?

Face it. The romantic aspect is ingrained into the series and is a pivotal point.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:20   Link #6508
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
It applies to every shipper. o.0
Hina "not" confessed is your "hope" as I was saying

Quote:
Oh please. _We_ can argue on the meta-level, but the characters can't. You can't be really so confused to believe that Athena would be thinking that?

Athena's reason to give up on Hayate was to make sure not to cause him distress anymore. She knew that he had to return.
Yes, naturally there would be harm in it if she were around. Hayate has other obligations. Which is why she released him (to avoid the more brutal "dumped"). Get it into your head somehow, right now Athena is _not_ trying to be with Hayate. If that's what she wanted, she could have easily tried for it NOW, but she consciously SENT HIM OFF instead.
That was what I truly thought, not what Athena believed, realistically for the story to continue.

My thoughts would be like yours if I have taken into consideration only of events in chapter 265, but not in chapter 266. She wouldn't try to be with him, "right now" at least, which I already said that she will have a time-out before her re-appearance.

You saw her smirking, that's the smile of victory. She made use of the empty box and the ring very well.

Quote:
Who is "her"? And Hayate never "rejected" a girl to begin with. Please try to rephrase if there was a meaningful thought in this..
Uhm..Maybe Hina...who knows?
I think I meant it very clear that Hayate can reject (has the right to reject) "her" without being a "bastard" if they are not yet dating.

Quote:
Well, that's my point. Your relationship advice would rate as "sabotage" in my book. So don't waste your breath.
What is the point of claiming it if I have yet to or never thought of advising Hina? No point really unless you wanted to waste your breath. Lol
Old 2010-03-28, 13:26   Link #6509
musouka

Quote:
Okay, so what is your position? Does Athena intend to keep her word to let Hayate go back and NOT interfere in her life or not?
Athena never said anything about "not interfering with Hayate's life." In fact, she specifically mentioned that they would meet again, just not often. In that respect, she probably won't be a regular member of the cast, but more like a Mikado-ish figure.

Quote:
Maybe it's that I haven't read the full scanlation of it so far, but to me, her gesture is not "Shoubu da!", but closer to "treat him well, or I might not leave him to you next time". From what I've seen, it's the latter.
If she was truly "leaving Hayate to Nagi", the ring would have been in the box. Instead, she's wearing it. That alone is a sign that she's still in the running, so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there will be an Athena ending at this point in time unless something drastic changes, but Hinagiku's chances at this point are even more dire.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-28, 13:49   Link #6510
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What exactly is there to talk about other than the love interests? You can pretty much just guess what will happen next, but according to you that would mean we couldn't guess what would happen in terms of romance. So... we guess the next gag? Talk about when he'll ever use his super move again?

Face it. The romantic aspect is ingrained into the series and is a pivotal point.
I guess you have a point. Maybe we could talk about the gags...?

The cross quoting is still too hard to follow though. Could we maybe simplify things and not get worked up over tiny details?
Old 2010-03-28, 13:53   Link #6511
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
That was what I truly thought, not what Athena believed, realistically for the story to continue.
I see. She's sending Hayate off because she knows she's in a manga that the author wants to prolong a bit.

Quote:
My thoughts would be like yours if I have taken into consideration only of events in chapter 265, but not in chapter 266. She wouldn't try to be with him, "right now" at least, which I already said that she will have a time-out before her re-appearance.
And what's the point of this time-out? I forgot, she wants to prolong the manga.

Quote:
Uhm..Maybe Hina...who knows?
I was asking you to explain your own words. If not even you don't know what you're talking about, it explains a few things, but I'm wasting my time.
Old 2010-03-28, 13:55   Link #6512
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
I guess you have a point. Maybe we could talk about the gags...?

The cross quoting is still too hard to follow though. Could we maybe simplify things and not get worked up over tiny details?
has there ever been a discussion on the gag before?
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 14:12   Link #6513
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Athena never said anything about "not interfering with Hayate's life." In fact, she specifically mentioned that they would meet again, just not often. In that respect, she probably won't be a regular member of the cast, but more like a Mikado-ish figure.
Pure semantics. Either she has the intention to be with Hayate, then she is lying about sending him away, and her decision to do it makes no sense at all. Or she wants to be with him, but she's mature enough to realize that he CANNOT BE WITH HER as things are now. It's obvious that it's the latter, and I'm surprised that _you_ of all people seem to be arguing this point.

Quote:
If she was truly "leaving Hayate to Nagi", the ring would have been in the box. Instead, she's wearing it. That alone is a sign that she's still in the running, so to speak.
So what does she want? Actively be with Hayate, just not now? Stay at the sideline and try to pull Hayate away from Nagi? This option would earn her my scorn.

Stay around _passively_ in case Hayate one day leaves Nagi, to pick him up and rekindle the flame? This option would be "fair enough", but somehow feels very unnatural.

I prefer my interpretation that she's handing Hayate back to Nagi, but the ring signifies her feelings for him, and she will NOT give up on them. Which, by the way, is by far the noblest interpretation.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't think there will be an Athena ending at this point in time unless something drastic changes, but Hinagiku's chances at this point are even more dire.
Where did Hina enter this? Counterpunch?

Seriously though - Hina has her share of karma points, but the necessary positive preconditions on Hayate's side are not yet met. One negative precondition (Hayate's past with Athena) has just been cleared.

At the moment, Hina would certainly have no chance, if she were to confess. But she definitely has good potential for development, which I'm sure we'll see in the future.
Old 2010-03-28, 14:21   Link #6514
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
has there ever been a discussion on the gag before?
Most of them aren't even funny to people who don't have experience in Japan =/. So, no.
Old 2010-03-28, 14:29   Link #6515
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I see. She's sending Hayate off because she knows she's in a manga that the author wants to prolong a bit.

And what's the point of this time-out? I forgot, she wants to prolong the manga.

I was asking you to explain your own words. If not even you don't know what you're talking about, it explains a few things, but I'm wasting my time.
I won't want to spend my time to clarify...So simple and clean...

No, don't put words into my mouth.

Somewhat, it is Hata by the way.

There is nothing wrong if he were to reject a girl, including your pink princess, k?
Old 2010-03-28, 14:35   Link #6516
musouka

Quote:
Pure semantics. Either she has the intention to be with Hayate, then she is lying about sending him away, and her decision to do it makes no sense at all. Or she wants to be with him, but she's mature enough to realize that he CANNOT BE WITH HER as things are now. It's obvious that it's the latter, and I'm surprised that _you_ of all people seem to be arguing this point.
There is a middle ground between "I will never contact you again" and "joining in on harem antics!" I just said that she wouldn't be showing up regularly, but, AGAIN, Athena herself said they would see one another again, just not often. You're the one trying to frame it as all or nothing.

Quote:
I prefer my interpretation that she's handing Hayate back to Nagi, but the ring signifies her feelings for him, and she will NOT give up on them. Which, by the way, is by far the noblest interpretation.
Sigh. Isn't this what I said? She's not giving up on her feelings, therefore if there's a chance to act on them, she will. She gave Hayate back as a sign of respect and to honor what Nagi did for her, but from now on she doesn't feel beholden to that.

If all you want to do is rephrase what I'm saying in slight different ways, let's just save the bandwidth.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-28, 15:25   Link #6517
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
There is a middle ground between "I will never contact you again" and "joining in on harem antics!" I just said that she wouldn't be showing up regularly, but, AGAIN, Athena herself said they would see one another again, just not often. You're the one trying to frame it as all or nothing.
It's not the "seeing" part which I consider significant. It's whether or not she has given up on pursuing Hayate or not. The INTENT. If you prefer not to answer this question clearly, fine with me, but it's a fair question to ask IMHO.

Quote:
Sigh. Isn't this what I said? She's not giving up on her feelings, therefore if there's a chance to act on them, she will.
Wouldn't you agree that this is contradictory? She CAN act on her feelings, right here, right now. In my reading, she chose not to do so. She removed herself from pursuing Hayate But this is what you refuse to accept, because it effectively removes her from contention, too. And that's a no-no. Reminds me very much of the old discussion about wanting to sacrifice herself while wanting to live at the same time. What's so hard picking a consistent position without contradictions?

Quote:
She gave Hayate back as a sign of respect and to honor what Nagi did for her, but from now on she doesn't feel beholden to that.
If that would be true, what's the point of temporarily sending Hayate back?

Quote:
If all you want to do is rephrase what I'm saying in slight different ways, let's just save the bandwidth.
It's not merely rephrasing, I'm pointing out what I consider to be inconsistencies. But if you prefer to keep them as-are, okay - let's drop it.
Old 2010-03-28, 16:14   Link #6518
babohtea

Hata's a she?
Old 2010-03-28, 17:12   Link #6519
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Hata's a she?
Not to my knowledge....

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 18:18   Link #6520
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Not me? I was never a Athena X Hayate fanatic, I just like Athena. And you realize we're debating a story that started out as a gag, right? All of these ridiculous contrivances (on both sides) that are being used to "prove" anything is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if even Hata forgot the small nitpicks that are currently being HOTLY debated.

We'll find out who Hayate picks at the end. You're taking this too seriously for a gag manga. I can understand if it turns out this entire manga actually gives us a deep message about materialism etc., but as of now there's no reason to care so much.
Because the world centers around you?

I couldn't have possibly been making a blanket statement (with the entire argument). You just happened to create the right spark, and your thinking I was specifically attacking you was particularly amusing.

Hata's probably laughing if he's even reading these 'nitpicks', he's probably figured out the story far beyond what we're even speculating on.

Most of them this isn't the first time they've shown up.

It's given us a pretty good about materialism several times. That it doesn't get you what you want.

I tend to use the quotes because it lets people know what I'm responding to. The loss of previous quoting is rather annoying, as things tend to get lost quickly without it, but.. *shrug*

Also, I haven't read the 'spoilers' yet, but wasn't the last one we saw with the ring Hayate? Shouldn't a noblewoman be expected to have more than one ring available to her?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen