AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 12:49   Link #781
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Actually I believe it was stated that the EEU and Britannia were in constant warfare for quite some time up to now.

That and while they were fighting Britannia the Chinese Federation were attacking them from the other side.

So they were actually fighting two wars at the same time.
That's part of it. But the battles with the E.U. didn't stop until Schneizel was sent in--most of the defeated E.U. territories were victories brought about by Schneizel.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 12:56   Link #782
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Right now I'm wondering why Britiania didn't send all the of the Knights to Area 11. I mean if it's to be the end battle, why not put all your marbles in.

From the little arrows on the map i could only guess they want to attack other fronts as well to keep them from going to Area 11 to reinforce the BKs
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 13:04   Link #783
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Right now I'm wondering why Britiania didn't send all the of the Knights to Area 11. I mean if it's to be the end battle, why not put all your marbles in.

From the little arrows on the map i could only guess they want to attack other fronts as well to keep them from going to Area 11 to reinforce the BKs
Well, there are other fronts that needs to be defended or where the other KoR are neededas a powerful offense. Or maybe they're simply staying by the emperor's side for now (would be strange if he didn't have at least a few of his personal guard at his side at all times).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 13:16   Link #784
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post

They got like 5 Knight of Rounds in Area 11. That's overkill enough as it is and two KoR's were already wrecking havoc with the Chinese main fleet. They've already focused their main battle group in Japan anyways.

The other 2 are around the world assaulting other frontlines with Odyssessus and the other britannian family members.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:34   Link #785
cf_dagger

It's a shame thats we saw very little about EU-Britannia war. We just see Lancelot wasting Panzer Hummel en masse, and that's it. That war can be considered a world war, or at least a global conflict. Such conflict should need plenty of resource and manpower. But its seems the Britannian society (or at least in Area 11) didn't show any seriousness about this war, they still live as usual and the military didn't show any sign of depletion in personel or equipment because shortage due to the needs at the African, Rusian, or European fronts.

I know this show try to focus about what happened in Area 11 and Leluoche, but they should at least show the war as an back information. The only info we got is suddenly EU got whacked everywhere and its members leaving it.
cf_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:42   Link #786
Mr.Mo

Its usually because of good resource management and superior technology. They mentioned the importance of Sakuridate and where the largest reserve is (Japan, Area 11), so they don't have a fuel problem. The food in it self can come from south America, and the personnel, that would go hand to hand with KMFs. I mean when u have 1:10 ratio, your all set. (Meaning, for every soldier you loose, they loose 10 or more).

Edit:
I mean they did give us more information on the war. You just have to put the pieces together.
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 02:51   Link #787
LAngelo

Britannia could be compared to the Kingdom of Spain in the 1500's like a mirror. Britannia is the old way of saying Great Britain, but great Britain never really conquered any real land overseas that mattered unless it was parts of Northern America. The Kingdom of Spain conquered almost the entire western civilization if not ALL of it but then we got our asses kicked over time. We went to the western parts of the world,killed and raped innocent people there to steal their gold and valuables. Britannia in code geass likes to conquere a lot of land overseas so I can compare it to Spain. Im proud of my nation haha, though not the harsh ways my forefathers conquered civilizations

LAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 03:09   Link #788
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

yes.. just like spain... spain once conquered the phillpines and the filipino people became slave's to the spain.. for 300 years my people suffered... until we were finally liberated with the help of the americans...
similar resemblence to CG but it was a hundred's of years before... technology was simpler then..
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:45   Link #789
LAngelo

i guess its safe to say that the black knights could be the equivalent of then/todays america....just making metaphors

LAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 14:57   Link #790
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Sooooo 35 Mio casualties according to the subs I've watched...

Let's admit the crater is about 10 km in diameter, rounded up the covered area would be something like 100 square km. That would mean a population density of more than 350'000 inhabitants per square km, even if you consider the settlement to have 3 layers, thats a lot...

Even if they were living in such a megastructure, I never tought of those britannian to be living like ants...

Also that means that there are a LOT of britannian settlers in the Areas...heck...if we consider the actual population of the US as an estimate for the britannian citizen number (as latin america is most likely all Areas), and even if we cut the casulaties in half to reflect possible Honorary Britannian (altough they may not live in the Settlement), that means that more than 5 % of the citizens émigrated to Area 11...
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:57   Link #791
Hellbore

Actually, I think you have that a bit wrong. You would have to include at least Canada in that estimate as I doubt the exiled royals from Europe would have let potential enemy territory sit there for long. This probably would have been before the concept of Areas was introduced (possibly by Charles?). Either way 5% of Britannias total population is a bit much.

Also, I just thought, the population would be much bigger as Brittanians emmigrated to Areas to settle. So perhaps 35m isnt so big, relativlely speaking.

(Still entire population of Australia, gone, plus some )
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:38   Link #792
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Well USA + Canada population is less than 350 Mio. And I think that only North America is populated only by citizens (perhaps also NZ, but compared to the global population that's something minor).

Central and Latin Americas would consist of Areas, mostly populated by numbers. As the whole population of the Americas is (in our world) something like 900 Mio, the Areas (in America) would have a population of 550 Mio, at most 10% of these population could (reasonalby) be Britannian.

Total Britannian (citizens) population would be around 400 Mio then.

Now we know that 35 Mio died in Tokyo, mostly Britannian as the Settlement (from which second class citizens such as Honorary Britannian are most likely barred from living in). Also, remember that the bombng occured at night, with the 11's commuters safe in their ghettos. So even if we admit that a third of the victims are 11's, as an area past the Settlement was hit, there are still more than 20 Mio Britannian citizens who died...so more than 5 % of the whole Britannian Citizens demographic...

Also, only a part of the Britannian citizens in Area 11 were killed, as (probably) millions survived in Tokyo, and the other settlements were unscathed. So in 10 years, something like 10 % of all Britannian citizens emigrated to the new (and dangerous) Area 11...

So either Britannia has weird population migration patterns (and enjoy living in anthills-like Settlements), or their figure was blatantly inflated for the sake of tragedy.

Edit: I just realized that even if we admit that a lot of 11's died during the war and after, it would mean that 20% of the whole Japan population was replaced in 10 years by migrants...
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:58   Link #793
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

It's ten millions, who died. Twenty five millions are injured.
Checked in eclipse and gg subs. Both say that ten millions are dead, 25 millions are injured. And because hospitals where destroyed, it's hard to help injured.

( In eclipse subs it's even stated that 10kk are dead.)
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 15:05   Link #794
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
It's ten millions, who died. Twenty five millions are injured.
Checked in eclipse and gg subs. Both say that ten millions are dead, 25 millions are injured. And because hospitals where destroyed, it's hard to help injured.

( In eclipse subs it's even stated that 10kk are dead.)
They use casualties. That means both dead and injured.
Old 2008-08-22, 15:09   Link #795
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They use casualties. That means both dead and injured.
Its 10 million confirmed dead, 25 million unknown. Is basically what they say in the episode.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 21:12   Link #796
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Still, for a nuke blast, that's a bit excessive. The firebombings of Japan during World War II, together with the nukes, never caused so many casualties.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 22:21   Link #797
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Again, the settlement had multiple layers, the blast sucked many more people in, and evacuation shelters were wiped out.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 22:22   Link #798
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Well USA + Canada population is less than 350 Mio. And I think that only North America is populated only by citizens (perhaps also NZ, but compared to the global population that's something minor).

Central and Latin Americas would consist of Areas, mostly populated by numbers. As the whole population of the Americas is (in our world) something like 900 Mio, the Areas (in America) would have a population of 550 Mio, at most 10% of these population could (reasonalby) be Britannian.

Total Britannian (citizens) population would be around 400 Mio then.

Now we know that 35 Mio died in Tokyo, mostly Britannian as the Settlement (from which second class citizens such as Honorary Britannian are most likely barred from living in). Also, remember that the bombng occured at night, with the 11's commuters safe in their ghettos. So even if we admit that a third of the victims are 11's, as an area past the Settlement was hit, there are still more than 20 Mio Britannian citizens who died...so more than 5 % of the whole Britannian Citizens demographic...

Also, only a part of the Britannian citizens in Area 11 were killed, as (probably) millions survived in Tokyo, and the other settlements were unscathed. So in 10 years, something like 10 % of all Britannian citizens emigrated to the new (and dangerous) Area 11...

So either Britannia has weird population migration patterns (and enjoy living in anthills-like Settlements), or their figure was blatantly inflated for the sake of tragedy.

Edit: I just realized that even if we admit that a lot of 11's died during the war and after, it would mean that 20% of the whole Japan population was replaced in 10 years by migrants...
I think this post sums up my views on the blast.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:33   Link #799
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I see Manchuria is a separate country from China.

And does anybody remember exactly what role Cambodia plays?
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:39   Link #800
LBritannia

It seems that Emperor Lelouch actually freed all the areas, I wonder when we'll get a newer map...

Cambodia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodia
LBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote